Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
battle cats vzjkc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
thanks I grabbed the 3rd one: RC5XW-46GFC-NWTA6

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

xian posted:

battle cats vzjkc

Used this.

Mine is ghtlk

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Sunblood posted:

Used this.

Mine is ghtlk

e: Actually, your code doesn't work, Sunblood!

Using this one for Battle Cats.

Mine is 5m861.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loving hell, the super rare cats are EXPENSIVE AS ALL gently caress to level up. It takes about 500k XP for the last 5 levels of Hip Hop Cat.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
But even the regular Rare ones are pretty nifty. I got Thief Cat out of a Rare Capsule and pumped him up to Phantom Thief Cat. LOOK AT THIS DAPPER MOTHERFUCKER.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Orfeo posted:

Mine is 5m861.

Used. Mine is 993d6

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
holy poo poo, that soccer game.

soccer
dubstep
anime tits
iap
buttrock

literally something for everyone.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

spider wisdom posted:

holy poo poo, that soccer game.

soccer
dubstep
anime tits
iap
buttrock

literally something for everyone.

Maybe it's because I'm finding faraway kingdom lacking but this just sold me. D d d d d dubstep

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Might make a thread for Monster Strike. If you play co-op (and why wouldn't you), only the room host has to pay stamina to run the dungeon, and stamina regenerates at a brisk pace of 3 minute per. One of the top grossing F2P apps in Japan right now actually does not have any sort of stamina bar, so the market looks to be gradually brought to its senses.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If anyone wants to get in on Monster Strike, this referral code should work to get us both some free stuff: http://static.us.monster-strike.com/invitation/?i=558249987799&p=1&__from=email

Putting that in on an iPhone, so hopefully it works.

For anyone already in, my id is 558,249,987,799

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Battle cats code is 82owp

I'm going to be giving my dad my old iPhone and I'm wondering what games you would suggest for an old dude into word puzzles mostly. I've got Seven Little Words already. The iPhone is a 4 of those limitations should be kept in mind.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Are there any good goon-reccomended sim games that aren't totally based on IAP gems and power timers? I don't mind if its paid, but uh, id rather not pay more than 10USD honestly.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Avocados posted:

Are there any good goon-reccomended sim games that aren't totally based on IAP gems and power timers? I don't mind if its paid, but uh, id rather not pay more than 10USD honestly.

If you have an iPad, Democracy 3 is awesome.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally got a rare cat spin. Took it and got the Bancho Cat. I'm pretty stoked I got reference to my favorite cartoon.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Kaizoku posted:

If you have an iPad, Democracy 3 is awesome.

I do not unfortunately! Just a small 5c. I like a lot of "pick up and put down" games that I can do while on a bus or in a waiting room whatever, but those tend to be the cookie-clicker like games but with added IAP poo on top.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

RedRupee posted:

Hey i put your code in. btw my battle cats is 7g2ab

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

[quote="dragon enthusiast" ppost="436796551
One of the top grossing F2P apps in Japan right now actually does not have any sort of stamina bar, so the market looks to be gradually brought to its senses.
[/quote]

Which one? Also hallelujah

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

E: double post

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Which one? Also hallelujah

White Cat Project, sort of a PSO-lite. It got mentioned alongside Monster Strike in some business article a few months back about Google greasing the spoon for some Japanese app developers so I'm assuming there's already a localization for it under way.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

White Cat Project, sort of a PSO-lite. It got mentioned alongside Monster Strike in some business article a few months back about Google greasing the spoon for some Japanese app developers so I'm assuming there's already a localization for it under way.

Wow, portrait mode gameplay, playable via one hand, and no stamina bar? How is this game not number one in Japan?

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

RedRupee posted:

I'm going to be giving my dad my old iPhone and I'm wondering what games you would suggest for an old dude into word puzzles mostly. I've got Seven Little Words already. The iPhone is a 4 of those limitations should be kept in mind.

Qatqi is a sort of dungeon crawling scrabble thing that's the only word game that's kept me coming back. Daily puzzles. Free (I think, got it ages ago).

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Battle Cats chat: was the dog named "Doge" last time around or is this much meme, such shiba?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

crazypeltast52 posted:

Battle Cats chat: was the dog named "Doge" last time around or is this much meme, such shiba?

I believe he was called Shibe. Also: the upgraded Thief cat is adorable and totally makes up for not being particularly useful.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Bogart posted:

I believe he was called Shibe. Also: the upgraded Thief cat is adorable and totally makes up for not being particularly useful.

I find he's a useful cat to send out first and get some extra money.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

xian posted:

Qatqi is a sort of dungeon crawling scrabble thing that's the only word game that's kept me coming back. Daily puzzles. Free (I think, got it ages ago).

Thanks I grabbed it and I think he'll enjoy it. I'm liking it myself.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
When PAD came out I rolled an "S" tier character out of the gate, and promptly never played it again, so I figured I'd try for another high-level character to collect dust in this Monster Strike game. Over the course of two doctor appointments this weekend, I rolled and re-rolled about 30 times. Pulled a Zeus. Almost immediately after that I received a text message from Softbank informing me that the they were going to throttle my cellular data until the billing period ends (Nov. 10th). Checked my iOS settings and Monster Strike had used up 2.5GB of data.

This Zeus rear end in a top hat better be worth it.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

petewhitley posted:

When PAD came out I rolled an "S" tier character out of the gate, and promptly never played it again, so I figured I'd try for another high-level character to collect dust in this Monster Strike game. Over the course of two doctor appointments this weekend, I rolled and re-rolled about 30 times. Pulled a Zeus. Almost immediately after that I received a text message from Softbank informing me that the they were going to throttle my cellular data until the billing period ends (Nov. 10th). Checked my iOS settings and Monster Strike had used up 2.5GB of data.

I read this and thought no way that game is using that much data so I checked on my phone... 4GB that app alone! in 2 days! drat i barely average 1GB total for a month.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Avocados posted:

There's a depressing lack of premium (i.e. non IAP-based) sim games on iOS. There's a mediocre port of Yoot Tower and a good one of Transport Tycoon, but I think both of those are iPad only. I know the iPhone got a good port of Ascendancy, but that's a 4X game rather than a sim. It may help scratch the itch for a long-term serious kind of game, though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
My Battle Cats code is vxq0c.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Avocados posted:

Virtual City is free with a 2.99 unlock. Same with Virtual City 2. These are premium games and they were good on my 3GS but I haven't played them since.

Oh, and you might like Suburbia, though it's a board game port.

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012
Thanks to your suggestions I posted the keys in the PRIVATE GAME SERVER section, that way random asshats won't be able to snipe keys!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It took me longer than 0 seconds to get to the game in Soccer Spirits and it asked me to make an account for a dumb big anime titty soccer game so I deleted it when I realize what direction my life was headed.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

applebane posted:

I read this and thought no way that game is using that much data so I checked on my phone... 4GB that app alone! in 2 days! drat i barely average 1GB total for a month.

petewhitley posted:

Is this purely with solo play and no co-op? Did you download the hotfix each time or reroll using ifunbox? Legit curious so I can warn people about the data usage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Monster Strike is fun but goddamn the people who made this are terrible at optimizing a game. It gives low memory warning (and crashes a ton) on an iPad mini and there's no reason this kind of game should be using gigs of data like that.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It took me longer than 0 seconds to get to the game in Soccer Spirits and it asked me to make an account for a dumb big anime titty soccer game so I deleted it when I realize what direction my life was headed.

Do this for literally every timer game and you might be free my Shuckle brother.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Orfeo posted:

Mine is 5m861.

:colbert:

edit: oh I guess that's a 1 not an L. My bad!

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Sunblood posted:

:colbert:

edit: oh I guess that's a 1 not an L. My bad!

There we go. Used yours for real this time.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is this purely with solo play and no co-op? Did you download the hotfix each time or reroll using ifunbox? Legit curious so I can warn people about the data usage.

Solo play, downloaded the extra data each time. I had barely started playing it, so in my case I'm assuming it was primarily the hotfix data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Since everyone else is doing it

the battle cats invite code

yg10n