Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hashy posted:

Tag climax is a disappointment in that the verses are way too short for the amount of setup time/loading between them.

Also we're only two games into the series but Chapter 13+ still manages to pull strings. Best videogame moment this year.

Tag Climax is anything but a disappointment. Try some of the verses on 3-Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you think Tag Climax is a disappointed because the verses are too short, please do 3 Stars and come back to me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

If you think Tag Climax is a disappointed because the verses are too short, please do 3 Stars and come back to me.

Or do longer verses. There are short verses but boss battles and stuff are longer by default.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Tag climax is an excellent way to earn some extra halos and show off which is all that's really important.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also, Evil Eagle I checked Rodin's three star and he's by himself. It seems like it just amps his stats up.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Ugh the masked lumen fight. Seriously?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oswald ownenstein posted:

Ugh the masked lumen fight. Seriously?

What about it?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Evil Eagle posted:

What about it?

It's just a total slog.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's just a total slog.

What's giving you trouble?

Egadsman
Apr 16, 2007

I've only done one tag climax match so far, but it seems like using slower weapons is not really viable. I had the hammer and Undine, while my partner had the dual swords and Alraune; my score at the end was 1/10 of his. Am I missing something obvious?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Egadsman posted:

I've only done one tag climax match so far, but it seems like using slower weapons is not really viable. I had the hammer and Undine, while my partner had the dual swords and Alraune; my score at the end was 1/10 of his. Am I missing something obvious?

I think the hammer is mostly a specialty weapon (pretty sure it cracks shields) and Undine just seems to flat-out suck. While the game always favors speed, I'm having good times with Chernabog right now because its Wicked Weaves are so lengthy you can get them operating independently of your actual combo. So many hair knives

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

I'm hankering for some Tag Climax, NNID is yoshesque_US

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Chapter XIV oh my god

I am in love with playing in the mech. It's so badass. Of course if you want to scum non stop for Pure Platinums just jump cancel with punch over and over until whatever is stunlocked and dies horribly. Even got to get some long needed vengeance on Grace and Glory :allears:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yoshesque posted:

I can play in around 30 minutes if you're still here. NNID: EvilEagle. I'll add you.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I missed the weapon in chapter V, only found half the LP right before ascending the big spiral staircase. Where's the other half?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I missed the weapon in chapter V, only found half the LP right before ascending the big spiral staircase. Where's the other half?

Underwater near the start.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Hahaha holy poo poo one of the infernal demons is basically Raiden.

Just beat the first boss. This game loving owns, you guys.

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I've been playing with the peach outfit and it's maybe the most ridiculous outfit I've ever seen in a video game, ever. Doing anything except the slow strut/walk ends up looking up her skirt.

Also I just played with a dude who's gameplan for tag climax seemed to be "just shoot constantly with the bow to chain your combo while the other guy does the work" and it seemed to work out pretty well for him. We beat two lumen sage cards no problem and he ended up crushing me point-wise.

You should have let him die.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I tried a few 3 star verses before complaining and they were really short. The bosses and minibosses obviously take a while but there should have been multiple waves in the verses that can literally take less than 30 seconds

It's just a total slog.

It's amazing how you get a feel for what the more chaotic bosses can do and see serious improvement attempt over attempt. My first run was on hard with basically no health upgrades and all the bosses went from feeling impossible to amazingly satisfying victories in short order.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yoshesque posted:

Ready any time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I'm super nervous about jumping into Tag Climax. I only finished the game on Second Climax (I got all golds at least. I know it's not platinum but hey) but I still feel like I'd get stomped and do nothing but slow others down.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just do it, there's 4 difficulties per verse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The only thing you might have a problem with is not winning and thus getting lovely rewards.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmG_ems6g

Bayonetta rules. Can't wait to beat this and pop in part 2.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I'm super nervous about jumping into Tag Climax. I only finished the game on Second Climax (I got all golds at least. I know it's not platinum but hey) but I still feel like I'd get stomped and do nothing but slow others down.

You can always tag climax with me! I got mostly silvers :v:
My NNID is Quincytbb if anyone wants to play.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

Just to make sure, by this point I should have the swords, Kafka, Undine and Chernabog right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Just to make sure, by this point I should have the swords, Kafka, Undine and Chernabog right?

Yeah, the Chapter V weapon is the first one you can reasonably miss.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can't loving believe how good Bayo 1 is. The water boss is the coolest thing in videogames.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looks like yoshesque is out so if anyone else wants to play I'm game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Looks like yoshesque is out so if anyone else wants to play I'm game.

guess who's back

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually scratch that, Hellsing's on.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Good games professor oak. We should play more once you've got more cards.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Good games professor oak. We should play more once you've got more cards.

Sounds good. Tag climax is a great way to get halos, I raked in 200k+ big ones within a few games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Like right at the start? Because I swear I looked all over that section and couldn't find it.

Edit: Wait, is chapter 5's weapon Undine?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 26, 2014

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hmm, so is there no cinematic quick skip option in Bayonetta 2? No button combination I've tried's worked.

Edot: Never mind, apparently there's still one but it only works after you beat it. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's ZR+Select, but you can only use it after finishing the game.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Beef Waifu posted:

It's ZR+Select, but you can only use it after finishing the game.

And yet, there's always a Skip Cutscene option if you pause? :psyduck:

I guess they don't want you doing it by accident.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, I'm missing one part of the LP for what I assume are the chainsaws, and I cannot find that last piece. Is there a list of the record pieces up yet for those of us who are bad?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Chapter VII was all sorts of fun. Two of the best bosses so far broken up by 3 minutes of organ wandering. <3

The way they divide the chapters is random as gently caress though (as I suppose is standard for Platinum games). Chaper VI was a 5 minute boss that could easily have been put at the end of Chapter V. Especially since it was the same setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Got way to deep into this last night and basically beat the entire 2nd half in one sitting. This game is the best holy poo poo.

• Locked thread