Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pomp posted:

If you don't think Bayonetta 2 is the raddest poo poo this year, you are a broken human, and I feel sorrow for your loss.

At first I didn't see "don't" in that sentence and was about to get real mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr E posted:

At first I didn't see "don't" in that sentence and was about to get real mad.
How is the port of Bayonetta 1? I assume better than the PS3's, but is it better than the 360 version?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
^^^--I have had no port problems at all, no slowdown or weird noises. Well there was slowdown during a boss killing QTE but nothing that really affected the game.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I sure do, which is why I am considering buying an expensive piece of hardware full of stuff that I don't want in order to get at it.

But eh, maybe it will grow on me. The Wii never did though. I owned one for five years, but it spent two or so of those years in the closet.

There are more great games in the first year and a half of the Wii U's life than there were in the entirety of the Wii's life.

Well okay, not quite, but pretty drat close.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

How is the port of Bayonetta 1? I assume better than the PS3's, but is it better than the 360 version?

It's about the same as the 360 version, maybe slightly worse but has the bonus of silly Nintendo costumes that do things.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If I purchase Bayonetta 2 off the eShop does it come included with the first Bayonetta or what.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pixeltendo posted:

If I purchase Bayonetta 2 off the eShop does it come included with the first Bayonetta or what.

It's $50 and buying makes the price of 1 drop to $10.

Buying 1 for $30 also drops the price of 2 to $30. So, its $60 total either way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, I guess I'm sold for the time being, assuming Walmart's return policy covers it; the website is unclear. Most of what I really want on the PS4 isn't coming out until Feburary anyway.

edit: oh wait, except for one thing: do USB driven wireless headphones like the Sony Gold headset work with it?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
From what I can gather from a Google search here and there, the answer would be no. I don't have a USB headset, though - it may also depend on whether or not that specific headset is compatible with the system?

Silver Falcon posted:

One of the ways people get cheap-ish ones here is to get Japanese ones off Play Asia. The shipping price is pretty steep, so it's only worth it if you buy two or more, but if you do it's a lot cheaper than they are normally.

Just as a note, since PlayAsia's prices for Pro Controllers are a little higher than they used to be, it's either hardly worth it or not worth it at all, depending on region.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ultigonio posted:

From what I can gather from a Google search here and there, the answer would be no. I don't have a USB headset, though - it may also depend on whether or not that specific headset is compatible with the system?
Well, it's compatible with the PC, so I figured that meant it had some generic interface that non-Sony stuff could use as well.

edit: the gamepad doesn't have a headphone jack on it does it? That would solve that problem if it did.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 25, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It does have one, yes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it's compatible with the PC, so I figured that meant it had some generic interface that non-Sony stuff could use as well.

edit: the gamepad doesn't have a headphone jack on it does it? That would solve that problem if it did.
Yeah but not every game will let you route game audio to the gamepad, most do though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

homeless snail posted:

Yeah but not every game will let you route game audio to the gamepad, most do though.

Are there any games besides DKC: Tropical Freeze that don't let you use the Gamepad headphone jack when playing on the TV?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, I guess I'm sold for the time being, assuming Walmart's return policy covers it; the website is unclear. Most of what I really want on the PS4 isn't coming out until Feburary anyway.

The Wii U is great. Really, really great. I saw in your other post you hated the Wii and let me assure you that you'll live the Wii U. I hated the Wii with every fiber of my being and the Wii U is quickly becoming my favorite console I've ever owned.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ultigonio posted:

Just as a note, since PlayAsia's prices for Pro Controllers are a little higher than they used to be, it's either hardly worth it or not worth it at all, depending on region.

Ooh, OK. Didn't realize. I just nabbed a couple of them when Best Buy had them for $25 a few months back. I love the Pro Controller! It's so comfortable and I haven't had to charge either of them since I bought them.

Wildtortilla posted:

The Wii U is great. Really, really great. I saw in your other post you hated the Wii and let me assure you that you'll live the Wii U. I hated the Wii with every fiber of my being and the Wii U is quickly becoming my favorite console I've ever owned.

I must heartily echo this sentiment! The Wii U is a fantastic console. Anybody who badmouths it either hates fun or has no soul. Possibly both!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's weird how there's been almost zero coverage about the fact Smash Bros. is 1080p 60fps. That seems like a big deal, a rarity even on the more powerful consoles, to the point where every multiplatform game I see there are actual articles on most sites about how many fps and ps it has on each platform.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

JordanKai posted:

Are there any games besides DKC: Tropical Freeze that don't let you use the Gamepad headphone jack when playing on the TV?
Zelda Wind Waker doesn't, for some reason. It does when you're playing in off-TV mode obviously, but otherwise at least the music doesn't play through the gamepad at all.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

It's weird how there's been almost zero coverage about the fact Smash Bros. is 1080p 60fps. That seems like a big deal, a rarity even on the more powerful consoles, to the point where every multiplatform game I see there are actual articles on most sites about how many fps and ps it has on each platform.

Once it comes out and everyone sees regular, non-Nintendo provided footage of it, it will. Maybe. It also might not, because it's "just" a Nintendo game, but whatever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Once it comes out and everyone sees regular, non-Nintendo provided footage of it, it will. Maybe. It also might not, because it's "just" a Nintendo game, but whatever.

Nintendo isn't in the habit of faking or misrepresenting the visual quality or performance of their games, so when they list specifics like resolution or framerate you can generally trust them (except for when they come from a sales rep at a trade show because those dudes don't know poo poo).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love Luka in Bayonetta jesus christ

When he does his leaping swing thing out of the car that gets hit by a rocket, and he's all smug and they do the most anime eye twinkle on him, Cereza AND her stuffed toy. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard

This fuckin game man

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I think my favorite little moment in the game is when bayonetta fistbumps madama butterfly

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think my favorite little moment in the game is when bayonetta fistbumps madama butterfly
Argh shut up, I have no idea when all this system updating stuff is going to be done with.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm leaving off Bayonetta while the controller is charging, so I decided to try the Amazon streaming client. It won't start at all; I put in my login info and the orange thing just spins round and round forever.

Based on the responsiveness of the software keyboard for entering the login info though, I won't want to use this client anyway, compared to the ones on the PS3 and PS4 it seems slow as hell.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm leaving off Bayonetta while the controller is charging, so I decided to try the Amazon streaming client. It won't start at all; I put in my login info and the orange thing just spins round and round forever.

Based on the responsiveness of the software keyboard for entering the login info though, I won't want to use this client anyway, compared to the ones on the PS3 and PS4 it seems slow as hell.

Yeah, the Wii U video streaming clients are garbage, and you shouldn't use them.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

The only streaming service I've had a problem with on the Wii U is the Hulu one, but I had problems with that on the PS3 as well so I assumed it was just Hulu.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played Bayonetta a bit, and it's as good as ever, but I am having a problem with the controller: my fingers think the a button is the b button, and thus I sometimes attack instead of jump. The b button just feels like it's a million miles away from the right stick compared to other controllers.

edit: it's weird, since both xbox and PS controllers felt completely natural to me from the beginning. Something about having the right stick above the face buttons...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 26, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just beat Bayonetta 1 after having never played it before. It was totally awesome, just brought down a little bit from the horrible sudden QTE segments where the buttons you had to press were never the same so you were never ready for them. I wish more games just reveled in being over the top the way Bayonetta or Saint's Row 3 does. I also wish the enemies weren't repeated so often. It took away from the like... majesty of the bosses when they'd show up later as regular enemies.

All the angel designs were fantastic. They really felt like the kind of designs if angels were real. Both glorious and terrifying at the same time. Also liked the angel that looked like a car even though he existed way before cars did. So I'm really looking forward to 2. I can't wait to see all the Hell monster designs. I can only imagine I'll have to fight the real versions of the hair demons.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 26, 2014

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played Bayonetta a bit, and it's as good as ever, but I am having a problem with the controller: my fingers think the a button is the b button, and thus I sometimes attack instead of jump. The b button just feels like it's a million miles away from the right stick compared to other controllers.

edit: it's weird, since both xbox and PS controllers felt completely natural to me from the beginning. Something about having the right stick above the face buttons...
The game pad takes a bit to get used to, that's for sure.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I don't understand the people who have trouble with the gamepad. It's exactly like any controller except your hands are farther apart. I can understand if ABXY configuration throws you off because of playing on Xbox a lot, but Nintendo has had the same configuration for always, a long time before Xbox existed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If it helps, just think of the gamepad as a slightly smaller Duke.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmG_ems6g

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

greatn posted:

Yeah I don't understand the people who have trouble with the gamepad. It's exactly like any controller except your hands are farther apart. I can understand if ABXY configuration throws you off because of playing on Xbox a lot, but Nintendo has had the same configuration for always, a long time before Xbox existed.
That's not it, since I play lots of Japanese Playstation games and they have circle as confirm and x as cancel. There's something else about the position of the buttons on the thing that is giving me trouble.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't press the button. BE the button.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's not it, since I play lots of Japanese Playstation games and they have circle as confirm and x as cancel. There's something else about the position of the buttons on the thing that is giving me trouble.

you'll get used to it unless you're specifically looking for things to not like

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

So is it just one other dude and myself whose Wii U optical drive goes on a clicking spree during cutscenes in Bayonetta 1? This is the first time I've ever heard it, or at least noticed it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Should I play Bayonetta 1 before 2 or not? I never made it that far into the first game.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

enojy posted:

So is it just one other dude and myself whose Wii U optical drive goes on a clicking spree during cutscenes in Bayonetta 1? This is the first time I've ever heard it, or at least noticed it.

Make that three.

I've been playing through B1 for the first time, made it up to chapter 5 and haven't got a sodding clue what's going on with the plot. Agree with someone who said that dodge seems to be very hit n miss whether it gets detected, and it's beginning to frustrate a little. I'm thinking about putting 1 to the side for now, read a wiki on the plot and jump into 2.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
So I beat Bayonetta 2 and that game is real good but holy crap is the final boss a letdown

Austrian mook posted:

Should I play Bayonetta 1 before 2 or not? I never made it that far into the first game.

Yes

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Hey guys will the gamecube controller adapter work in vWii mode?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The_Frag_Man posted:

Nope. Since it's an external USB device that Wii firmware and software were never programmed for, it won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

The_Frag_Man posted:

I believe not. There was a clarification from Nintendo some time ago about it.

• Locked thread