Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kanonvandekempen posted:

What's the opinion on the Sleeping dogs PS4 edition (I've not played the game yet)?
From what I've heard, the framerate is inconsistent, but it has visual upgrades over the last-gen versions and all the DLC from those versions too. It's a hell of a game, and if you haven't played it before, this version is definitely the best way to experience it. It's among the best of the GTA clones. The melee is ridiculously fun with all the environmental poo poo you can do. And the music selection for the in-vehicle radio rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

don't buy it for 60 bucks, PC version gets sold for nothing during steam sales. If you want it for ps4 buy it next summer when its sub 30 d0llars.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mister Macys posted:

Since it has crossplay, are the different versions of Divekick (PS3/4 & Vita) able to play each other online, or is it within their own networks only?

I need a fighting game while I wait for a Street Fighter.

They should be, if anyone was playing it on PSN.

Just wait for Xrd.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mister Macys posted:

Since it has crossplay, are the different versions of Divekick (PS3/4 & Vita) able to play each other online, or is it within their own networks only?

I need a fighting game while I wait for a Street Fighter.

There aren't a lot of players online in my experience, if you end up with it though, post your username and I'll play with you.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

kanonvandekempen posted:

What's the opinion on the Sleeping dogs PS4 edition (I've not played the game yet)?

I've got it and played a good few hours so far. The frame rate tanked for a second or two twice so far, once in a cutscene and once just after a fight to get a safebox. Done plenty of driving and never had any issues there. Twice it has crashed whilst loading (i.e. when starting the game, not had any crashes during play). Mostly though it's been fine, and I was expecting worse after reading what people have said so far in this thread. There have been a couple of funny glitches, like people you are talking to when taking favour missions being pushed around by pedestrians, but I've never played it pre-PS4 so I don't know how glitchy it was in the past and that might not be anything new.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

goferchan posted:

There aren't a lot of players online in my experience, if you end up with it though, post your username and I'll play with you.

I mainly want it so I have something to play my irl friends after work with, but sure.

PSN: Mister_Macys

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mister Macys posted:

Since it has crossplay, are the different versions of Divekick (PS3/4 & Vita) able to play each other online...

Yes.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Is it just me, my surround sound system, or is Peggle 2 really loving loud?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JHVH-1 posted:

Is it just me, my surround sound system, or is Peggle 2 really loving loud?

Peggle 2 is as loud as it needs to be.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I really don't know what to spend the 40.01 on in the digital store to hit the 100 this month for the 15 off deal.

I liked assassins creed brotherhood and black flag, but I usually binge play those so maybe physical would be better so I can trade it away.

CoD looks like any other cod, but maybe it'll be fun and I don't have a shootymans game yet. I am worried everyone who plays regularly stuck with xbone.

I don't think I get bloodborne yet and it's pretty far away to preorder.

Basically why did driveclub have to suck and be unplayable

al-azad
May 28, 2009

sellouts posted:

I really don't know what to spend the 40.01 on in the digital store to hit the 100 this month for the 15 off deal.

I liked assassins creed brotherhood and black flag, but I usually binge play those so maybe physical would be better so I can trade it away.

CoD looks like any other cod, but maybe it'll be fun and I don't have a shootymans game yet. I am worried everyone who plays regularly stuck with xbone.

Oddworld New 'n Tasty and some other cheap game, maybe Nidhogg, Transistor, Child of Light, or Valiant Hearts.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
You could also, you know, not spend the money

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

The PSN store needs to sell You Need a Budget

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sellouts posted:

Advanced Capitalism at work.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Absolutely love Transistor, rec it very highly.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Maybe he just likes games and has the money to spend? The evils of capitalism, truly.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

sellouts posted:

If you really want to buy some more game, I think trying out the smaller ones would not be such a bad idea - Valiant Hearts, Sound Shapes, Hohukum, Transistor, First Light, Peggle are all fairly different from the usual AAA fare and relatively cheap, but you should look at some videos before buying them.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 26, 2014

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

a shameful boehner posted:

Maybe he just likes games and has the money to spend? The evils of capitalism, truly.

there's a difference between "oh a convenient promotion that awards me for purchases I was already making" and "gee guys I'm having a tough time figuring out what I'm going to spend these next $40 to get a $15 credit"

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Do you even need to spend it, I thought you just had to pay it in unless I'm thinking of a different promotion?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

there's a difference between "oh a convenient promotion that awards me for purchases I was already making" and "gee guys I'm having a tough time figuring out what I'm going to spend these next $40 to get a $15 credit"

"Hey I was going to make these purchases anyway but I'd like some recommendations before I spend my money. You know, just incase I was missing out on something cool."

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I really care how other people spend their money.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

That's also true - if you didn't want to spend money otherwise, the promotion does not let you save much, otherwise it provides a convenient excuse, if nothing else.

Tempo 119 posted:

Do you even need to spend it, I thought you just had to pay it in unless I'm thinking of a different promotion?

You must spend the money, merely adding it to the PSN wallet is not enough.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

incorporeal posted:

I really care how other people spend their money.

You may, if you're one of they.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

sellouts posted:

Buy Shadow Warrior.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is the Resogun DLC any good and is there any indication of what is going to be in the season pass? I'm like 5 bucks short of my $100 this month.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Is the Resogun DLC any good and is there any indication of what is going to be in the season pass? I'm like 5 bucks short of my $100 this month.

The DLC they released so far is better than the base game imo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

sellouts posted:

No one stuck with Xbone. For anything. Ever.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE <Less> MONEY! ;)

The deal is only really good if you pretty much definitely are gonna buy that much stuff anyway. Otherwise you're just spending more than you save. :)

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

sellouts posted:

Just buy loads of Zen Pinball tables. Or Shadow of Mordor if you didn't get that yet.

A A 2 3 5 8 K
Nov 24, 2003
Illiteracy... what does that word even mean?
The PS4 asked me if I wanted to allow Blu-Ray playback to connect to the internet and told me I could disable it in the settings. I did disable it, and now every time I start a Blu-Ray it still asks me if I want to allow it connect to the internet. How can I make it stop doing that? It's annoying.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If I haven't played a musou game in years, what would be the better one to jump back in with Samurai Warriors 4 or Orochi Warriors Ultimate 3?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Ularg posted:

"Hey I was going to make these purchases anyway but I'd like some recommendations before I spend my money. You know, just incase I was missing out on something cool."

Yeah, that's basically it. I have free time coming up on the holidays and am over playing d3 as my only real game. I don't know of many deals, especially for digital, that are going to be better than a flat 15 off of any game.

I also don't know if I missed something with those 2 titles specifically. I was all about driveclub before launch and everything that happened there completely ruined my enthusiasm.

Anyways thanks for the tips. I guess I should have asked about destiny for the 300th time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I haven't played a musou game in years, what would be the better one to jump back in with Samurai Warriors 4 or Orochi Warriors Ultimate 3?
Maybe Samurai Warriors, just because the story is a fresh start rather than a continuation of a continuation of a continuation of a crazy mixed up historical thing.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How soon do you guys think until Dreamfall Chapters will be on PSN? Debating if I should wait or just grab it off steam.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Are any of those Dynasty Warrior Gundam games coming to the PS4? I packed up my PS3 and saw one just came out for it. The gently caress.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

Are any of those Dynasty Warrior Gundam games coming to the PS4? I packed up my PS3 and saw one just came out for it. The gently caress.
Maybe some unannounced one in the future, but I doubt it. I don't think it's a particularly popular part of either the Warriors or Gundam franchises. I mean, they tried to reboot it a year or two ago, and haven't said anything since, to me that sounds like it's dead.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am picking Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare up for the first time since it launched. Are there perks, skills, IAP... anything that makes people stronger? I am just watching dudes I get the drop on just face-tank my bullets and gently caress me over like a little mosquito.

[edit] Not all of them though, just a couple guys who seem impossible to kill.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe some unannounced one in the future, but I doubt it. I don't think it's a particularly popular part of either the Warriors or Gundam franchises. I mean, they tried to reboot it a year or two ago, and haven't said anything since, to me that sounds like it's dead.

Yeah, I think Gundam Musou's done at this point. One Piece Musou makes a ton of money, they just announced Dragon Quest, and they're probably working on DW9. It's probably safe to file Gundam next to Fist of the North Star in the "poo poo's dead" category.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Feenix posted:

I am picking Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare up for the first time since it launched. Are there perks, skills, IAP... anything that makes people stronger? I am just watching dudes I get the drop on just face-tank my bullets and gently caress me over like a little mosquito.

[edit] Not all of them though, just a couple guys who seem impossible to kill.

No, everythings a side-grade/playstyle choice. Someone people are just better than others.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bobby2times posted:

No, everythings a side-grade/playstyle choice. Someone people are just better than others.

Yeah I totally accept that could be the case. The guy just seemed impossible to kill even with a long lead of shots on him before he turned to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've decided to try out Dust: An Elysium Tail, since it's on the PS+ and all, and it's actually really good - it's really pretty, and although gameplay is not very engaging it's executed well and is dynamic enough, the framerate is stable. It doesn't seem to be very tough, which is nice - I've started a playthrough on on Tough difficulty and so far I only died once, and only because I misread an enemy. My only complaints so far are that the text is very small and that portraits of the characters, compared to the scenery and overall art style, seem really cheap and uninspired.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 27, 2014

• Locked thread