Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The new weapons are cool and all but I really miss the Onyx Roses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Anyone found a good halo farm spot yet? Chapter 14 with gaze of despair gives 300k or so but it's neither short nor that easy. Seems the witch time duration with gaze equipped is halved, too.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Mr. Neutron posted:

Anyone found a good halo farm spot yet? Chapter 14 with gaze of despair gives 300k or so but it's neither short nor that easy. Seems the witch time duration with gaze equipped is halved, too.

Chapter XIV - The Witch Hunts, equip Gaze Of Despair & Selene's Light accessories and have plenty of 'Midas Testaments' (These can be found at the start of chapter X)

Play through the chapter making sure that Midas Testaments effects are on at all times during the verse fights (you'll need maybe 10 or so per run) and you'll walk away with approx 1 million halo's per 10 min run of the chapter. :)

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Great overall game, not a huge fan of the ending/sequences leading up to it.

It just felt rushed. I mean, not like NMH2 rushed, but still kinda not the same quality as the earlier parts. Also it looks like it's the beginning of Bayonetta 1 thanks to the time travel stuff. :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

chumbler posted:

Man, I'm missing one part of the LP for what I assume are the chainsaws, and I cannot find that last piece. Is there a list of the record pieces up yet for those of us who are bad?

Gonna take a guess and say you're missing the part right after Resentment. Before you enter the arena you'll see a chest but during the fight the land morphs to hide said chest. When you kill the resentment (I think it's what it's called. The snake that can OHKO you) you just go up to the chest and keep running past it to find it.

Warning, two snakes and a handful of enemies will jump you as soon as you pick it up.

Anyone know the character unlock requirements? I got Jeanne and Rosa

ShadeofDante posted:

Great overall game, not a huge fan of the ending/sequences leading up to it.

It just felt rushed. I mean, not like NMH2 rushed, but still kinda not the same quality as the earlier parts. Also it looks like it's the beginning of Bayonetta 1 thanks to the time travel stuff. :v:

This is my biggest complaint. Entire game they talk about how hard it is to approach the mountain and how tough it'll be and all that, but when you finish Hell and the flashback thing you just kind of... fly there in a minigame and the final boss is poo poo out on you. It's one of the reasons I was hoping it was a fake out final boss because man talk about anticlimactic.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 26, 2014

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I have two thirds of two weapons and it's driving me insane. I went right from scythe to whip an aaaa where are they aaaaa

Hot lumen sage tip at least on 2nd climax: witch time up to him and then hit him with a flamethrower combo that ends with you, uh, flamethrowing. He just stands there and takes a ton of damage and you can scurry away.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Super down for tag climax
NNID: Crazy_Diamond_92

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I love all the references to Wonderful 101 in this game. I'm still pretty early on, but one of Rodin's shop quotes is "Diplomacy has failed" and Valiance wields a Valiantium Blade that is going to one day help 100 heroes save humanity.

I'd also be down for tag climax. NNID is DukeSilver789

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 26, 2014

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

It seems that in the year since I've played Bayo 1, I've improved a little bit. I still suck, but not as much. I've even got a few PP ranks on non-trivial fights. Plus the game is a butt-load (HURR HURR) of fun. I still worry I'm going to break my hands but I don't care.

Also up for co-op play anytime I'm on. NNID is DroneRiff

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im at stage 7 or 8 and haven't died once. I'm mostly getting silvers and only playing on Normal, but still!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Playing Bayo 1 before 2 was a smart choice, I feel like a well-oiled angel killing machine. I've been getting a decent amount of Golds and Platinums, although I ended up with a Bronze on the first Lumen fight. Hot diggity drat, that was wild. Although I was a bit disappointed by the Giant Monster Punching sequence because it wasn't a Punch-Out segment like in Wonderful 101.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you unlock other characters for Tag Climax?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just finished Chapter VI of Bayonetta 1 and I gotta say, the dance off between Bayonetta and Bayonetta is the best thing so far. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you unlock other characters for Tag Climax?

By getting their cards at random when playing Tag Climax. Lumen Sage is unlocked by beating Verse 13 and Rodin by beating Verse 53.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Is there any thing special you need to do to unlock coop levels or just beat levels in single player on different difficulties?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You unlock them by beating the game, doing Witch Trials, and like four will happen randomly in tag climax.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

incorporeal posted:

Is there any thing special you need to do to unlock coop levels or just beat levels in single player on different difficulties?

For the majority of them, you just play through the game. There are some that you unlock by playing the Witch Trials that you unlock for beating it.

Then you can be randomly challenged by cards while you're playing Tag Climax. If you beat those challenges, you unlock the cards.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Guess I'll have to hound my friend to beat the game once he gets it so we can play. Since he won't have it till next Friday

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I beat the first game and I feel like an idiot. For some reason I was thinking you wanted to smash Jubileus's soul through all the planets on the way to the sun. Nope, that's just an instant game over. So much for my deathless first attempt. :suicide:

Otherwise, it's on to game two! It's already apparent how much faster and easier the Torture Attacks are to complete. I love this game already and all I've completed is what was in the demo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gonna take a guess and say you're missing the part right after Resentment. Before you enter the arena you'll see a chest but during the fight the land morphs to hide said chest. When you kill the resentment (I think it's what it's called. The snake that can OHKO you) you just go up to the chest and keep running past it to find it.

Warning, two snakes and a handful of enemies will jump you as soon as you pick it up.

I had gotten that one. The one I was missing was actually right at the beginning of The Depths, on the side I hadn't checked since I stupidly figured the muspelheim was the only thing in that section. Now I have the chainsaws, and whoever said to put them on your feet was exactly right.

Also I wish I could put the takemikazuchi shawl on with other weapons, since I'm not a huge fan of the hammer but like the shawl. Combine it with rakshasa's costume to look even cooler, but alas.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Halfway to buying that Platinum ticket in the shop, 10 million halos is a lot for my face to get pounded on :(

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

dude789 posted:

I love all the references to Wonderful 101 in this game. I'm still pretty early on, but one of Rodin's shop quotes is "Diplomacy has failed" and Valiance wields a Valiantium Blade that is going to one day help 100 heroes save humanity.

Watching a well-done playthrough of 101 like the one Chip is doing actually helps you out with some stuff in this game I found, especially concerning some of the intricacies of the game like which techniques to buy first and stuff like that.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Help me out here guys, should I play the first game before the sequel? (I played it a little before)

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Austrian mook posted:

Help me out here guys, should I play the first game before the sequel? (I played it a little before)

Yes. The story of Bayo2 basically requires you to have played the first game to have any idea what's going on. That honestly might be part of the reason it's a pack-in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you seriously care about the story of Bayonetta, I'm sorry.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's not even remotely the focus of the game but I did enjoy how the story wrapped around to the first game's.

Beef Waifu, want to Tag Climax?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, in a minute.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you change costumes?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Evil Eagle posted:

It's not even remotely the focus of the game but I did enjoy how the story wrapped around to the first game's.

Beef Waifu, want to Tag Climax?

The story makes even less sense than in 1 and that's saying something. Still, play 1 first if only to become familiar with the characters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How do you change costumes?

On the chapter select menu, go to character settings to change costumes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

On the chapter select menu, go to character settings to change costumes.

I tried that, but nothing there lets me change costumes.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Platinum Ticket spoilers: Just like in the first game the platinum ticket allows you to fight Rodin. After spending 30 mins getting my face mashed in I've learned that Umbran Climax does jack poo poo to him and only serves to break his combos if you are caught in one. I hope you are good at dodging and parrying because you aren't going to be doing much against him outside of Witch Time. He has at least 4 health bars and when you take 1 and a half bars off him he Devil Triggers onto his next form and then I proceed to die.

Not really sure what the best way to approach the fight is since I know everyone mainly used Pillow Talk against him in the first game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I tried that, but nothing there lets me change costumes.

Did you buy any extras yet?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I bought a costume, which I guess is an extra? Maybe you can't change costumes during your first playthrough, that might be it.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I bought a costume, which I guess is an extra? Maybe you can't change costumes during your first playthrough, that might be it.

You definitely can (for both games).

Assuming you're playing Bayonetta 2, if you bought the costumes from Rodin's store, you should be able to choose Menu from the Chapter Select, then pick Change Characters. Then you can scroll left and right through the different costumes. If you can't do, that, I dunno what to tell you.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Chapter 11 marks one of the few times I started feeling pity for a boss in mid-battle. Every time this poor thing tried to swipe at me it was rewarded with another fifteen seconds of howling chainsaw agony.

The chainsaws are rad, by the way.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No you should be able to. Maybe you bought an umbran fragrance? Those are enhancements to the default costume that are specific to the weapon you're using. I think you hit Y when equipping a weapon to use them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright Evil Eagle, I'm ready.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

No you should be able to. Maybe you bought an umbran fragrance? Those are enhancements to the default costume that are specific to the weapon you're using. I think you hit Y when equipping a weapon to use them.

That must be it, then. My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Either Bayo 2 starts out way easier than 1 ever was or I'm a machine after all the practice I got from the first game. That's definitely not a complaint. Everything feels so much more fluid and amazing when I'm doing well.

• Locked thread