Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that Laurel's training comes off as convincing. Thea's six months of kendo training and magic tea is stretching it, but with Barrowman I can believe it. Self-defense class 2.0 is less convincing.

I have a hard time imagining a way to make it convincing unless she gets some metahuman powers ("canary cry") to help her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
I just want to say that I am shocked and disappointed that the subtitle for this thread isn't "What? I never said I don't know how to use a gun." Or w/e

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Drifter posted:

I don't think you can say 'emulates', more like it coincidentally resembles to a slight degree. Cutting hair is a well known trope when it comes to being empowered and shrugging off traditional feminine power stereotypes. It's a quick and easy way to visually note a character's change.

Hell, even Ollie had that happen.

Very true. I think it was all the swordplay that just reinforced the comparison in my mind. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing how much of that story is adapted for Arrow.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Dennis Farina voiced Wildcat on Justice League Unlimited - its in an episode that stars Green Arrow and Black Canary. It is also fantastic in every drat way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
R. Lee Ermey voiced him in Brave and the Bold and it was great.

Which is why it's weird seeing not-old abs-having hunk guy as Wildcat in this show. I mean, I know it's the CW, but even Supernatural had Bobby.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dennis Farina voiced Wildcat on Justice League Unlimited - its in an episode that stars Green Arrow and Black Canary. It is also fantastic in every drat way.

Now I want Laurel's trial by fire to come in an illegal underground street fighting ring.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Phylodox posted:

R. Lee Ermey voiced him in Brave and the Bold and it was great.

Which is why it's weird seeing not-old abs-having hunk guy as Wildcat in this show. I mean, I know it's the CW, but even Supernatural had Bobby.

Should've brought in Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the actual Ted Grant, Hunky McSixpack could've just been her sparring partner to fulfill the CW eyecandy quotient.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So I guess Colton Haynes goes all out for Halloween. :stare:

http://instagram.com/p/umqUxFDTOc/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the comics there's actually a Ted Grant protege who takes on the name... for a very short time before he's killed, but they could have dropped that part.

Strangely enough, he actually has the same last name as the actor playing Ted.

hcreight posted:

I guess when your job is to be a superhero you kind of have to, but drat.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 26, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

McSpanky posted:

Should've brought in Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the actual Ted Grant, Hunky McSixpack could've just been her sparring partner to fulfill the CW eyecandy quotient.

Could they get Jeffrey Dean Morgan? I know he stopped being on Supernatural because his career took off. How's that going?

Failing that, they could've gotten John Schneider.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Don't see what costume you were talking about. Got distracted by astrofelicity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hcreight posted:

I saw that and thought how that can't be right but then he also posted some pics of himself taking it off.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

hcreight posted:

That's loving great.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jesus Christ that is some costume dedication.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was expecting him to be in his Arsenal suit, so it was doubly surprising.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

hcreight posted:

http://instagram.com/p/uoBrdjDTLz/

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Schmidt?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Emily gonna be kinda green later tonight. :heysexy:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's some really nice makeup work. You can see him in that one but once it's all done up you'd have no idea.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Edit:Wrong thread.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Emily gonna be kinda green later tonight. :heysexy:

She's just following the grand tradition of astronauts banging green space babes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Fat Orion Slave Girls need love too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It's some really nice makeup work. You can see him in that one but once it's all done up you'd have no idea.

It helps that it's not just green face paint but a latex mask glued to the skin.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Woo, Nathan Fillion confirmed for Martian Manhunter guest spot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, I used to just sigh and shake my head whenever people brought up the possibility of Diggle eventually becoming the Green Lantern of this TV universe.

But the more we roll along, the less utterly batshit impossible that sounds.

Because if they want to establish an iconic GL + GA + Flash teamup, they literally already have all the potential pieces on the board.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, I used to just sigh and shake my head whenever people brought up the possibility of Diggle eventually becoming the Green Lantern of this TV universe.

But the more we roll along, the less utterly batshit impossible that sounds.

Because if they want to establish an iconic GL + GA + Flash teamup, they literally already have all the potential pieces on the board.

As has been said before, John Diggle, middle name Stewart. Make it happen DC.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is entirely unrelated to everything but I want Vandal Savage to show up on Arrow. Ollie needs to throw down with an immortal caveman played by Ian McShane.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

That DICK! posted:

This is entirely unrelated to everything but I want Vandal Savage to show up on Arrow. Ollie needs to throw down with an immortal caveman played by Ian McShane.

Haha. I just yesterday saw The Rock's Hercules, which was an okay-to-average movie (but a pointless Hercules one) and agree that Ian McShane would be great to have on Arrow. He's just got a solid and fun presence on screen, much like Dwayne Johnson, but we know he'd never be on Arrow.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 27, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Clip from Arrow's facebook page

So Barrowman may have murdered Sara after all, considering that after Corto Maltese we are well aware that he's still loaded with cash and resources. Also lol at the blank piece of paper thing.

In Laurel news: Canary training coming along pretty drat well, I'd say.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 28, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She needs moar leg days.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is she locking out her elbows during that? Jesus Christ.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I imagine that her tank top says "poo poo poo poo poo poo," encompassing her current mood.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd still much rather have Caity Lotz in the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd still much rather have Caity Lotz in the show.

Lotz is nowhere near as good an actual actress, however. She really was dragging down the show when she wasn't doing her little bo twirls or whatever. She can't emote worth a shitdamn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drifter posted:

Lotz is nowhere near as good an actual actress, however. She really was dragging down the show when she wasn't doing her little bo twirls or whatever. She can't emote worth a shitdamn.

I don't think Katie Cassidy is any better.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Your rage blinds you.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Check out her run on Supernatural and see if that doesn't change your mind.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Laurel has always been saddled with atrocious dialogue, more so than any other cast member. I honestly don't know why.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or hell, watch Beauty & The Beast if you want to see an actual terrible actress that somehow still gets work on the CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

Or hell, watch Beauty & The Beast if you want to see an actual terrible actress that somehow still gets work on the CW.

I had such a huge crush on Kristin Kreuk. She actually never got better at acting.

(my biggest smallville crush was Allison Mack, the girl who played Chloe :heysexy:)

• Locked thread