Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
The truth is that life itself is a joke and death is the punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Holy poo poo, this is perfect.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

7c Nickel posted:

Jesus that's in poor taste.

For anyone not aware, that's a real kidnapped woman who was forced to pose and then subsequently murdered.

meh, made me laugh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

M'felines.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.

Paladinus posted:

M'felines.

Meow'lady.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

I like that people immediately bring up poo poo from 13 years ago whenever anyone on these forums says they don't feel the need to try really hard to be edgy anymore.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Practical Demon posted:

I like that people immediately bring up poo poo from 13 years ago whenever anyone on these forums says they don't feel the need to try really hard to be edgy anymore.

If it was forbidden to make jokes whenever someone thought they were "in poor taste", we might as well turn the Earth into a giant monastery.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Luckily no one proposed that, so your teleophobia can rest easy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Practical Demon posted:

How about stuff from last year, then?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586028&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dark.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

If it was forbidden to make jokes whenever someone thought they were "in poor taste", we might as well turn the Earth into a giant monastery.

I never said the joke shouldn't be made just that it was far beyond good taste. For the record I'm not a fan of 9/11 jokes either but I'm not going to suggest any sort of censorship. I will, however, suggest that a joke involving a picture of a young girl moments before she was brutally murdered by a grade A psychopath should probably be dialed back a bit. But, you know, that's just like...my opinion, man.

Obligatory

edit: Where is this originally from? My Google Fu has failed me and I can only find the image.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Oct 27, 2014

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

:effort:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I will, however, suggest that a joke involving a picture of a young girl moments before she was brutally murdered by a grade A psychopath should probably be dialed back a bit.

It's not really much of a joke, which is why it works.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Erebus posted:

It's not really much of a joke, which is why it works.

Ding ding ding ding ding. Anyone who thinks that serial killer photo is over the line has really not been paying attention to what GGers have been saying.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Ding ding ding ding ding. Anyone who thinks that serial killer photo is over the line has really not been paying attention to what GGers have been saying.

Holy poo poo. I knew Gamergate was bad but not like that bad. Good lord. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Holy poo poo. I knew Gamergate was bad but not like that bad. Good lord. What the hell is wrong with these people?

No. What the hell is wrong with the ethics in gaming journalism?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A lifetime of echo chambers reinforcing a pre-existing sense of entitlement that causes them to view any criticism of any part of their lives or the status quo (which prefers and caters to them) as a personal offense and a serious attack upon themselves and their percieved way of life.

But actually, it's about ethics in video game journalism.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Can we get a mod to gas this piece of poo poo. Time for a do over. Nothing but Loss.JPEG in its infinitely unfunny formats and whatever the gently caress #GamerGate is.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

karn1635 posted:

Can we get a mod to gas this piece of poo poo. Time for a do over. Nothing but Loss.JPEG in its infinitely unfunny formats and whatever the gently caress #GamerGate is.

Or you could just... close it and start a new one?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

karn1635 posted:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i thought this was a thread for pictures that are funny and have words on them usually not garbagebaby whining about twitter

:gas:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's not that this guy exists or that people like this guy exist- at least one fucker like this guy exists in literally every movement on the planet. The thing is, most of those movements, when they find fuckers like this guy, kick this guy the hell out and draw a line in the sand. "We want to appear reasonable, that's a thing that matters to us, and you have hosed that up. No-one like you gets to be part of us anymore."

If GamerGate actually was about ethics in journalism, this guy would not be tolerated. There should be an outcry from within the movement and a formal or pseudo-formal apology. There should be reprimands and exclusion. This guy should be made an example of for the sake of keeping the movement organised, reasonable, and disciplined.

Instead, this guy gets to remain a voice of what GamerGate represents and is allowed to continue to speak for them.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

i thought this was a thread for pictures that are funny and have words on them usually

actually its about ethics in game journalism

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Somfin posted:

It's not that this guy exists or that people like this guy exist- at least one fucker like this guy exists in literally every movement on the planet. The thing is, most of those movements, when they find fuckers like this guy, kick this guy the hell out and draw a line in the sand. "We want to appear reasonable, that's a thing that matters to us, and you have hosed that up. No-one like you gets to be part of us anymore."

If GamerGate actually was about ethics in journalism, this guy would not be tolerated. There should be an outcry from within the movement and a formal or pseudo-formal apology. There should be reprimands and exclusion. This guy should be made an example of for the sake of keeping the movement organised, reasonable, and disciplined.

Instead, this guy gets to remain a voice of what GamerGate represents and is allowed to continue to speak for them.

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming journalism.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Idiots saying stupid poo poo on the internet isn't new and really shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is.

E: It's just ethics in gaming journalism.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, dudes, chill out. You gotta admit that some of those images have been hilarious.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah, dudes, chill out. You gotta admit that some of those images have been hilarious.

Eh, the only one that bothered me was the picture of the murder victim. The rest are, in fact, legitimately funny.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Eh, the only one that bothered me was the picture of the murder victim. The rest are, in fact, legitimately funny.

Like erebus said, it's not really a joke. That actually makes it kind-of funny.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thread title ain't "PYF Funny Macros & Memes". That would be far too high a bar.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was... was that not what the F stood for?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe we need to seek advice from our leaders. Mr. Vice President, what's your opinion?

CobiWann has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Apr 3, 2015

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Vice President of my heart.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

karn1635 posted:

I found a funny picture for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

1stGear posted:

Vice President of my heart.

It's a drat shame that he's not going to be the next President. Drunk Old Uncle Joe would have been the best leader of the free world. He clearly ran out of fucks to give sometime around the Reagan administration.

• Locked thread