Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well we didn't do too bad there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

charismaslover posted:

Chapter XIV - The Witch Hunts, equip Gaze Of Despair & Selene's Light accessories and have plenty of 'Midas Testaments' (These can be found at the start of chapter X)

Play through the chapter making sure that Midas Testaments effects are on at all times during the verse fights (you'll need maybe 10 or so per run) and you'll walk away with approx 1 million halo's per 10 min run of the chapter. :)

Does it matter what difficulty you do this on?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I'll go back to Bayo 1 and get that completed on the Wii U 100% before going to infinite Climax for Bayo 2, as I'd like to get all the HP and MP upgrades first. Does the first game have the same "achievements" as it did on 360/PS3 where even after getting them all you still have quite a bit to unlock?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is way too easy to get caught in the flow of human sized opponents.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
A neat thing I just discovered: the costume that changes Bayonetta to her appearance from the first game comes also with the Shuraba, the Scarborough Fair and their respective movesets.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jeanne with a hammer is my worst nightmare.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Peewi posted:

Does it matter what difficulty you do this on?

I was doing it on 2nd climax, not sure if higher difficulties give you more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ahhh gently caress Sloth.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

charismaslover posted:

I was doing it on 2nd climax, not sure if higher difficulties give you more.

I think so and Jeanne might have a higher multiplier or something. This guy explains it quite well.

:siren:Huge rear end spoilers:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miBbeG2yc24

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3-Star Difficulty Tag Climax has boss invades while you fight regular enemies. It's ridiculously awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, it's seriously a ton of fun to fight human enemies in tag climax. Even when they stomp all over you it's pretty drat cool and a lot of fun to just like fight enemies you already know.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Holy gently caress, Rodin.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think we can beat him, but it's gonna take a lot of fighting him and figuring out his tells. He doesn't seem that difficult.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think he hit you during witch time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Finally got around to finishing it. Man, Bayo 2 really is just kinda the first but better in every way. Even the required vehicle segments were way more fun to play.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I went out and got this today and it was actually kind of hard to find! Nice to see that it's selling. I'm replaying Bayo 1 first. The Link costume has a free parry built in, which is pretty loving cool. Free parry and another accessory slot? I don't see myself using any other outfit.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Suspicious Cook posted:

Either Bayo 2 starts out way easier than 1 ever was or I'm a machine after all the practice I got from the first game. That's definitely not a complaint. Everything feels so much more fluid and amazing when I'm doing well.

It starts out easier, yeah. But it gets pretty loving hard by about chapter 5 or 6 and by the time you reach the Depths...

Unrelated, but I am stuck on a Muspellheim pretty late in the game. I can't touch the ground and I only have one pillar to stand on, an enemy will always break it and I can't damage him fast enough before I hit the ground. What's the trick here?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and try to get those last four Verse cards.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to take a Tag Climax break for a bit and finish up my second playthrough. I really want to get good enough to beat these 3 stars.

Also, I got like 300k from one of the Tag Climax missions. It looks like you don't lose all of your winning when you die in the middle of a set.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

It starts out easier, yeah. But it gets pretty loving hard by about chapter 5 or 6 and by the time you reach the Depths...

Unrelated, but I am stuck on a Muspellheim pretty late in the game. I can't touch the ground and I only have one pillar to stand on, an enemy will always break it and I can't damage him fast enough before I hit the ground. What's the trick here?

If you end up falling off use Umbran Spear (lock on x2) to jump to the enemies in the air.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly, I just did as much damage as I could before he broke it and then chainsawed him.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Beat the game, although since it's Normal mode I hardly count it as a win. Really excellent. I have a few questions about the plot though.

So...why did Jeanne get taken to Hell? Like, they make a big deal that it's really weird that the hell beasts stopped obeying Bayonetta, but I don't remember any particular explanation for why poo poo went wrong. And for that matter, what era is Balder from!? Is he from the past that Evil Aesir brought to the present to be a henchman or is he from the present and then sent back to the past or...like, how did he even end up in this at all? And, are we to assume that when he's dying in the Prologue, he's talking about Evil Aesir dying with him? So, basically, the stories make one resolved continual loop? Gotta say, though, the final boss was not nearly as awesome as the last boss of the first game, although I like his design.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

http://www.nichegamer.net/2014/10/nintendo-teams-up-with-playboy-to-promote-bayonetta-2/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think the outfit really works that well if your legs aren't like 4 times the length of your torso. It's a great recreation of the costume, though.

The umbran mechs are also really cool. The actual gameplay with them is maybe a bit too simple, but their design is really neat. Also good for halo farming.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 27, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

So, basically, the stories make one resolved continual loop?

Yes, this is the main point. Basically there are two timelines. In the first timeline, Balder sees Aesir kill Rosa, then is pulled into the future by Evil Aesir to kill Good Aesir. Balder chases Good Aesir around a bunch, and because of this Bayonetta gets launched back in time to when Rosa was killed. This starts a second timeline where she sucks Balder into a time portal after he sees Rosa die. Back in the present, they kill Evil Aesir and Balder sucks in his soul to make sure he can't escape, dooming him to eventually go mad and become a supervillain. At this point he returns to his own time for some reason, eventually growing into the Father Balder of the first game.

Important to note is that the Balder you're with in the last chapter isn't the same one you've been fighting the whole game. Instead of Evil Aesir pulling him from the past, Bayonetta did. This does beg the question of where the Balder you'd been fighting went when the crazy time portal opened, since he apparently didn't go back 500 years with Bayonetta. Still, when Bayonetta pulled young Balder into the future, chances are the other Balder got Back-to-the-Future'd out of existence anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

It makes perfect sense! :pseudo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beat the game, although since it's Normal mode I hardly count it as a win. Really excellent. I have a few questions about the plot though.

So...why did Jeanne get taken to Hell? Like, they make a big deal that it's really weird that the hell beasts stopped obeying Bayonetta, but I don't remember any particular explanation for why poo poo went wrong. And for that matter, what era is Balder from!? Is he from the past that Evil Aesir brought to the present to be a henchman or is he from the present and then sent back to the past or...like, how did he even end up in this at all? And, are we to assume that when he's dying in the Prologue, he's talking about Evil Aesir dying with him? So, basically, the stories make one resolved continual loop? Gotta say, though, the final boss was not nearly as awesome as the last boss of the first game, although I like his design.

Jeanne got taken to hell because she died. The contract the witches make mean their souls go to hell when they die. That is what the game-over animation is.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Jeanne got taken to hell because she died. The contract the witches make mean their souls go to hell when they die. That is what the game-over animation is.

Yes but why does Gomorrah go rogue and attack Bayo in the first place? They keep talking about how weird it is that you're fighting Inferno monsters but they don't really explain it. Also Why are the angels and demons working together at the end? Is it because with Jubileus dead, the Angels are just listening to whatever the next biggest authority is, i.e. Evil Aesir? Or is this a plot hole?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is no stated reason, it just happens. Presumably, some of the demons got fed up with working for Bayonetta and just decided they would rather kill her than remain contracted to her. It's honestly just a plot device so Jeanne dies and the events of the game can happen, there's even only like two boss fights with your former demons and the rest are just the forces of hell being like "Yo Jubileus is down, let's gently caress poo poo up."

EDIT: The actual reason is probably hidden in datalogs, so look there I guess.

Anyways, Witch Trial IV is a drat bitch and I need to finish those Muspellheim's I missed so I can get full health and witch power.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 27, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Beef Waifu posted:

There is no stated reason, it just happens. Presumably, some of the demons got fed up with working for Bayonetta and just decided they would rather kill her than remain contracted to her. It's honestly just a plot device so Jeanne dies and the events of the game can happen, there's even only like two boss fights with your former demons and the rest are just the forces of hell being like "Yo Jubileus is down, let's gently caress poo poo up."

Yeah. Bayonetta is over 500 years old, and from the way she and Jeanne talk about it, it sounds like the balance of Heaven and Hell going out a whack is just something that happens from time to time.

Either that or it'll be explained in Bayonetta 3 the same way Balder is explained in Bayo2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

Yeah. Bayonetta is over 500 years old, and from the way she and Jeanne talk about it, it sounds like the balance of Heaven and Hell going out a whack is just something that happens from time to time.

It's because Balder died and took the Right Eye with him. With the Eye of Light down, the galactic yin-yang goes all off-kilter and suddenly Inferno is feeling frisky because they're the best game in town.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Put a couple of hours into Bayo 1 tonight on the WiiU and I'm falling in love all over again. This is seriously the best most fluid action game (gently caress Ninja Gaiden). Its an utter joy to play. It's also nice not to deal with the ps3 version anymore, although there have been a few hiccups in the frame rate.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Oxxidation posted:

It's because Balder died and took the Right Eye with him. With the Eye of Light down, the galactic yin-yang goes all off-kilter and suddenly Inferno is feeling frisky because they're the best game in town.

And since you kill Inferno's ruler next, that's a great way of explaining the final approach to the mountain. The angels and demons aren't trying to keep you from the mountain, they're just out for revenge and have set their differences aside to kill Bayonetta.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

And since you kill Inferno's ruler next, that's a great way of explaining the final approach to the mountain. The angels and demons aren't trying to keep you from the mountain, they're just out for revenge and have set their differences aside to kill Bayonetta.

Inferno's ruler is Queen Sheba, I think Alraune was just some broad on a power trip. The demons in general probably aren't pleased with anyone trying to escape their plane, though.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Oxxidation posted:

Inferno's ruler is Queen Sheba, I think Alraune was just some broad on a power trip. The demons in general probably aren't pleased with anyone trying to escape their plane, though.

Oh huh. I got confused by the title of the chapter you fight her in, I guess.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 1, I think and I am absolutely getting wrecked by Grace and Glory, and I've met their meaner cousins Gracious and Glorious. Is there anything I should do to make it easier to fight them? So far I've just been falling back on the Link costume's inherent parry to mitigate some damage, but it's hard to parry a dude who decides to attack from offscreen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Masked Lumen ain't poo poo, just look at these platinums dog.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 1, I think and I am absolutely getting wrecked by Grace and Glory, and I've met their meaner cousins Gracious and Glorious. Is there anything I should do to make it easier to fight them? So far I've just been falling back on the Link costume's inherent parry to mitigate some damage, but it's hard to parry a dude who decides to attack from offscreen.

For Grace and Glory, I found it easiest to focus on one and do all your work during Witch Time when you're safe. The claws the dead one drops will help with the second one.

The golden versions that don't give you Witch Time are just plain unfair. The best I can say for them is to remain defensive as possible and only work in a couple hits before dodging away at the first sign of retaliation. You might not get big combo scores but you will survive. Probably.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

ChaosArgate posted:

Grace and Glory aren't too tough once you get the timing down to dodge to witch time, rack up some hits and torment attack the fuckers. I go for the blue one first, but maybe that's just me.

The golden versions can go gently caress themselves. I've only met them once, and boy are they some bastards. Dodge like hell and get used to dodge interrupting combos to land some wicked weaves whenever possible. That's the best strategy I've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ChaosArgate posted:

Keep your distance and use guns. Make sure you're dodge offsetting to get those wicked weaves in.

• Locked thread