Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Boco_T posted:

There's actually a list for the Legacy Soldier Stompy showing on Goldfish, which means it put up a 3-1 or 4-0 recently.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-soldier-stompy

Only costs $310 for Legacy deck in paper, and only $123 online. Not bad.

That is really cool. I'm digging that the sideboard is basically 4 gently caress Yous to 4 different popular decks, that's keeping it nice and simple. And I like how hardcore the mana denial and Chalice plan is, with a good draw it looks like the opponent would never get to crack a fetch. I think a single Karakas belongs in the list instead of a Plains, but they're stupid expensive in paper so I can understand not doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Boco_T posted:

There's actually a list for the Legacy Soldier Stompy showing on Goldfish, which means it put up a 3-1 or 4-0 recently.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-soldier-stompy

Only costs $310 for Legacy deck in paper, and only $123 online. Not bad.

Thanks, if I don't get too lazy tonight I might proxy this up for our monthly Legacy night tomorrow.

E: Just realized Cavern of Souls lets you get through your own Chalice(s) :aaaaa: Definitely building this now, or at least some tribal deck that can abuse that interaction.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 26, 2014

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chamale posted:

That is really cool. I'm digging that the sideboard is basically 4 gently caress Yous to 4 different popular decks, that's keeping it nice and simple. And I like how hardcore the mana denial and Chalice plan is, with a good draw it looks like the opponent would never get to crack a fetch. I think a single Karakas belongs in the list instead of a Plains, but they're stupid expensive in paper so I can understand not doing that.
Yeah I'm excited that this looks like exactly the kind of deck I like to play and I optimized the cards I don't have in TCG and it's only $217 for me, mostly 4 Mox 4 Cavern 4 Tomb. I am legimately considering getting into Legacy with this. I love White Weenie in all formats.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=75150

The Jeskai deck that won the open this weekend has 0 seeker of the way and I find that interesting.

Yeah, but I think the guy who ran the deck specifically said something about regretting not including Seeker of the Way. I think, more than anything, it just shows how ridiculously flexible the archetype is.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Kyrosiris posted:

His balls must be enormous. That was amazing.

What was the context, was he dead on board?

Because if so, then obviously you go all-in.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That list for jeskai is really nice but I'm going to stick to the seeker version I think, mainly because stormbreaths cost infinity.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Well my Sunday of Magic was a bust, one store didn't have people come in for Sunday Standard, and the other two closed up for the day.

Hopefully this Modern Daily that's about to fire doesn't make me use my budget red deck again.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah there was an IQ around here yesterday that I didn't go to so for Sunday Standard there was only 4 of us. So we made our own tournament by buying 3 packs and playing round robin with a pack on the line each game. Two 2-1s, two 1-2s, so everyone got at least 2 packs for their $10. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. I went 2-1 with Sligh, beat Good Jeskai and Mono Green Devotion, lost to a Worse Jeskai with sub-optimal build that just had a better draw and Anger both post-board games.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boco_T posted:

Yeah there was an IQ around here yesterday that I didn't go to so for Sunday Standard there was only 4 of us. So we made our own tournament by buying 3 packs and playing round robin with a pack on the line each game. Two 2-1s, two 1-2s, so everyone got at least 2 packs for their $10. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. I went 2-1 with Sligh, beat Good Jeskai and Mono Green Devotion, lost to a Worse Jeskai with sub-optimal build that just had a better draw and Anger both post-board games.

I was really, really looking forward to the awkward Temur Midrange vs Abzan Midrange durdlefest that gets completely upset when I Crater's Claws for 10 tonight.

What I'm saying is that I really wanted to play Temur Midrange tonight but I can't because I don't own expensive cards on MTGO :argh:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Has anyone had a weird email from ChannelFireball? Think it was a phishing attempt.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
BDM sure loves his own jokes.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Slivers on camera at the SCG open against Jeskai delver. I'm so happy. :allears:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I don't care how I do in this 8-4, I got to do this game 1 and I love it :allears:

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 27, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boxman posted:

Slivers on camera at the SCG open against Jeskai delver. I'm so happy. :allears:

Slivers making it to Top 8 is incredible and I love that it got there.

Froghammer posted:

Like, slivers in a deck?

Or an actual sliver deck?

Actual Slivers.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Boxman posted:

Like, slivers in a deck?

Or an actual sliver deck?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can't see anything off of that glare on the Miracle cards.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ahaha, Miracles player has Meddling Mage naming Punishing Fire. Lands player has 4 Punishing Fire in his hand.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

I don't care how I do in this 8-4, I got to do this game 1 and I love it :allears:

If you're only Wealthing for 4 it's not even that good. 6 is ideal so you can hit the clan morphs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judging by that Oath v Delver match, there are no time limits for semifinals?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dailymtg goes premium

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Why are you linking a 2005 April fool's joke?

e:Oh I see. Front page.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 27, 2014

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007

I nearly fell for that.

When people do cube drafts how do they usually go about making the 'packs' to play with?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

New card.

Jazal Goldmane

2WW

Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior

First Strike

3WW:Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of the turn where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures.

4/4

The dude that Nicole killed that made Ajani angry.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
My cube pack method: make N starting packs, where you uniformly divide all the types (color, lands, etc) among the packs; then use those starting packs (after shuffling them well) to make cube packs; N depends on the number of people and the size of your cube, but ideally something around 8 starting packs would be good (one per person);
All the goal is to tend towards a uniform distribution while not forcing it; this method works pretty well as long as you shuffle the starting packs well

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Turn 1 Black Lotus, Oath of Druids, Forbidden Orchard, after misdirecting an Ancestral (that was Mistepped by it's owner). A sentence that would've made absolutely no sense to me a few months ago.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Xeom posted:

I nearly fell for that.

When people do cube drafts how do they usually go about making the 'packs' to play with?

A shitload of shuffling and then I just count out all the packs we'll need, and get them set aside.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Thank god I built Sub-Sligh for this Standard, as all my decks just got stolen out of my car! :suicide: Breakfast Burrito and my Derevi EDH deck are also victims of inner city theft.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

First Bass posted:

Thank god I built Sub-Sligh for this Standard, as all my decks just got stolen out of my car! :suicide: Breakfast Burrito and my Derevi EDH deck are also victims of inner city theft.

lovely. Did you have theft insurance? Will they believe you when you tell them how much your magical cards were worth?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

First Bass posted:

Stop spending money on bad decks and start spending money on moving out of the hood.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

First Bass posted:

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you find them/can get reimbursed through insurance. Make sure you call all the nearby nerd stores and pawn shops with a description of what was stolen. Give them your deck lists if possible.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ramos posted:

New card.

Jazal Goldmane

2WW

Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior

First Strike

3WW:Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of the turn where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures.

4/4

The dude that Nicole killed that made Ajani angry.

Is this just a dude in the new commander decks or is he the commander of one of the new decks?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's also a planeswalker commander for each deck.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
White weenie/token aggro enabler, very cool.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

lovely. Did you have theft insurance? Will they believe you when you tell them how much your magical cards were worth?

I didn't, though the car is a loaner from the parents so I don't pay insurance on it. I have no idea how an agent would react to me telling them the most valuable thing in my backpack was a few hundred pieces of cardboard.

Toshimo posted:

Stop spending money on bad decks and start spending money on moving out of the hood.

I live in the nice part of town, I just happen to work in the really lovely part of town. And I will make as many (relatively) cheap, bad decks as I want :colbert:

suicidesteve posted:

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you find them/can get reimbursed through insurance. Make sure you call all the nearby nerd stores and pawn shops with a description of what was stolen. Give them your deck lists if possible.

Luckily I work in one of said nerd stores, one of maybe three in town who deal in wizard poker cards. If I'm really lucky, whoever stole the backpack containing them is smart enough to know where to pawn them but dumb/ballsy enough to do it locally, or better yet at the very store outside of which they robbed me.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Black Planeswalker Commander just got spoiled, turns out it's Ob Nixilis of all people.

(timg'd for huge)

Pretty sweet, gonna slip him right into my Oloro deck.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

First Bass posted:

I didn't, though the car is a loaner from the parents so I don't pay insurance on it. I have no idea how an agent would react to me telling them the most valuable thing in my backpack was a few hundred pieces of cardboard.

I was curious and I asked my insurer about it when I moved and had to change my renters insurance. They were completely non-surprised. It's easy to forget that plenty of people collect valuable poo poo, where "poo poo" is some esoteric thing that most sane people forget can be worth actual money.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SteelMentor posted:

Black Planeswalker Commander just got spoiled, turns out it's Ob Nixilis of all people.

(timg'd for huge)

Pretty sweet, gonna slip him right into my Oloro deck.

Dunno about him, but my Teysa deck uses life theft and tokens, so maybe. Just disappointed he doesn't look like Tim Curry.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Makes sense, they can't all be pre-mending walkers.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

First Bass posted:

I live in the nice part of town, I just happen to work in the really lovely part of town. And I will make as many (relatively) cheap, bad decks as I want :colbert:

Luckily I work in one of said nerd stores, one of maybe three in town who deal in wizard poker cards. If I'm really lucky, whoever stole the backpack containing them is smart enough to know where to pawn them but dumb/ballsy enough to do it locally, or better yet at the very store outside of which they robbed me.

Car insurance covers things that are stolen out of your car. Did you call the police and get a police report? If so, congrats, you will get something back in insurance payout (or your parents will). This usually goes for anything sub 1k with no previous history of claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Sickening posted:

Car insurance covers things that are stolen out of your car. Did you call the police and get a police report? If so, congrats, you will get something back in insurance payout (or your parents will). This usually goes for anything sub 1k with no previous history of claims.

This MAY be true. Depends on your insurance carrier and state. Some insurance will use the homeowners insurance for things stolen out of the car that are not attached to the vehicle.

Odds are the $1000 deductible will make this a terrible claim to file. Theft claims are terrible to file and I wouldn't recommend anyone file them on things that aren't absolutely necessary for your existence. Rates go up and you are stuck with the company you have until that claim falls off.

They are collectible cards...someone just wrote a blog post on this here. I recommend that you get a separate policy from an agent or from here. But with this one...chalk it up to a loss and stop leaving wads of cash in your vehicle.

• Locked thread