Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

WAR FOOT posted:

It's not hard to be the best character when there's only 3-5 left. :v:

e: And one of them is Dirk.
It's like people have completely forgotten that the dream bubbles are a thing

A thing that will probably be a lot more important now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Are they even a thing? Last we saw Lord English had almost destroyed all of them.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
We appear to only have three act act acts and two act act intermissions left, so "almost all" of them being destroyed may be enough to keep things going until the end of the comic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like Dirk. I thought his pesterlogs were funny, like Dave but different (as he should be). And yeah he tried to sorta brainwash/force Jake into a relationship, but the guy literally grew up completely alone with only two robots, one of whom was an idiot and the other who would kick his rear end, to raise him and only three other kids and a robot brain-clone to talk to. And he did eventually realize what a shitheel he had been and seemed genuinely regretful about it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
He's like a Human Eridan!

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Who What Now posted:

I like Dirk. I thought his pesterlogs were funny, like Dave but different (as he should be). And yeah he tried to sorta brainwash/force Jake into a relationship, but the guy literally grew up completely alone with only two robots, one of whom was an idiot and the other who would kick his rear end, to raise him and only three other kids and a robot brain-clone to talk to. And he did eventually realize what a shitheel he had been and seemed genuinely regretful about it.

One thing I really like about him is how well his character folds into Bro's. You can see how, once the glasses of being the adoring younger brother are taken off, the distant, silent, irony ninja becomes this splintered, brilliant, self-hating loner. I honestly have no idea how Hussie has room in his head to make all this poo poo work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm still upset his name didn't end up being Dick.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

WOW, that is. That is something. Good catch!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The greatest twist of all: everyone except John died.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't accept a world with dead Karkat.

Scratch himself said the Alpha timeline wouldn't allow it, and if we can't have faith in the cueball puppet man, who can we trust??

Just saw this, but the thing about that is that Scratch defined it thus:

quote:

The path which alone has my absolute mastery is the alpha timeline, a continuum I define as that which boasts exclusive rights both to my birth and to my death(.)

Who knows if statements he made about "the alpha timeline" apply outside those parameters (ie, in another universe after he already went Hulk)?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Any interpretation that doesn't give Karkat and Terezi impenetrable plot armor is one I refuse to entertain.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Any interpretation that doesn't give Karkat and Terezi impenetrable plot armor is one I refuse to entertain.

Terezi's been pretty lame lately, though. Karkat remains amazing.

He'll put you on Speakercrab.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Regy Rusty posted:

What sort of story would this be, with our Knight and Seer made to stay cadavers? Certainly not one the alpha timeline would allow.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Are they even a thing? Last we saw Lord English had almost destroyed all of them.

Lord English is still in the process of doing that, chasing down Vriska and Meenah's ghost army when they were hunting for the treasure that displaced John.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

TriffTshngo posted:

What sort of story would this be, with our Knight and Seer made to stay cadavers? Certainly not one the alpha timeline would allow.

Note that it says "Knight and Seer"... not "Knight or Seer".

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Note: Rose is also a Seer, and still lives. Scratch never outright states it has to be THIS Knight and Seer, and he's famous for telling half-truths to dodge his 'never lie' clause.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There's no way it's not gonna be undone, the question is just "how" and "will there be any repercussions and if so what"

I would almost like to see it stick more just cus that'd be more interesting at this point :shrug:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jane could probably just revive most of them. Well if there's a body at least, I don't see how she can zap someone with lifey powers when their body is disintegrated or dissolved by lava.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

WAR FOOT posted:

Note: Rose is also a Seer, and still lives. Scratch never outright states it has to be THIS Knight and Seer, and he's famous for telling half-truths to dodge his 'never lie' clause.

Both Knights are dead.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

WAR FOOT posted:

Entertaining that notion, that would mean that we'd have a situation where the narrative would have to pick between Dave and Karkat and that would be a real Sophie's Choice Awards hosted by Ben Stiller.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Filthy Haiku posted:

Entertaining that notion, that would mean that we'd have a situation where the narrative would have to pick between Dave and Karkat and that would be a real Sophie's Choice Awards hosted by Ben Stiller.

I don't think even Hussie would have the stones to ask "who will die - Dave or Karkat" because he knows that all his fans will silently swivel their heads in his direction and mouth, "You."

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jane could probably just revive most of them. Well if there's a body at least, I don't see how she can zap someone with lifey powers when their body is disintegrated or dissolved by lava.

...plus Karkat already had his Life resurrection used up by having an example made of him.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

ZZT the Fifth posted:

...plus Karkat already had his Life resurrection used up by having an example made of him.

On the other hand Messiah figures have a knack for bouncing back.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Condy: Kicking(Breaking) asses(necks) and taking names(rings).

Typical Serket jobbing in action.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Remember how cool Cascade was. I still get shivers when Dave and Rose rise out of the Green Sun resurrected as true god tiers

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yo, someone who is better at tumblr than me tell me how to download this as an mp3, because it is drat catchy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Remember how cool Cascade was. I still get shivers when Dave and Rose rise out of the Green Sun resurrected as true god tiers

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Bobulus posted:

Yo, someone who is better at tumblr than me tell me how to download this as an mp3, because it is drat catchy.

You can't. It'll probably be on an album somewhere down the line, if a new one ever gets made.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

net cafe scandal posted:

That WAS cool!

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Bobulus posted:

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_ne0wfdzp6L1rftfb4o1.mp3

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You can't. It'll probably be on an album somewhere down the line, if a new one ever gets made.

I sure hope one does. I took a look at the music credits page, and there are so many songs that are yet to be released on an album.

And, I mean, I don't want to live in a world where I can't buy the full version of this: http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/52830481834/originally-andrew-asked-me-to-make-the-caliborn

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but who on here has a tumblr (specifically a mostly-Homestuck tumblr)? I have written a lot of Homestuck analysis, and it is mostly on tumblr. I would be interested in adding more Homestuck tumblr, especially if it is interesting stuff and not just reblogging art, etcetera (not that I have anything against reblogging art! but I already have quite a few friends to fit that role).

Here is me: http://inmydreamimthestar.tumblr.com/

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 27, 2014

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

glowing-fish posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but who on here has a tumblr (specifically a mostly-Homestuck tumblr)? I have written a lot of Homestuck analysis, and it is mostly on tumblr. I would be interested in adding more Homestuck tumblr, especially if it is interesting stuff and not just reblogging art, etcetera (not that I have anything against reblogging art! but I already have quite a few friends to fit that role).

this post is a trap

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

You should link your Tumblr here bro, we all want to see it!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dude, I respect what you're trying to do but this might be violating some advertising rule, on mobile so it's hard to check. Or at you'll get owned as a massive nerd amongst huge nerds, either way.

Your blog is okay though. Nothing too meaty but nothing really offensive, unless the Ampora/SBaHJ connection was earnest.

E: Yeah, but the original post was still fishing for more followers. Best case scenario was going to be glowing-fish making their post, someone says "cool! I run a tumblr too, here is my url, what's yours?" and glowing-fish gets about a half-dozen followers. I don't think it's worth a probation but I've seen mods come down on less shallow stuff.

And after reading a bit more I feel I need to correct myself, glowing-fish is indeed a massive nerd.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 27, 2014

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Didn't he only add a link after someone asked him to?

Still liking this Paradox Space. Looking forward to the haunt-off I have no idea if there will be a haunt-off.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I was just hoping to get another awful Homestuck blog linked in this thread.

I'm pleased to say, here we are.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's so hard to talk about death sticking or having meaning in a story where the main protagonist and antagonist have the meta-power to rewrite the story itself. As though time travel, multiple lives, resurrection powers and items, an active afterlife and godly revival weren't enough.

With the level the story's taking place on now, it wouldn't be strange for Homestuck to end with John writing the Earth back into existence along with everyone who's died. Until then, matters of life and death are more like little adjustments to the status-quo, a reshuffling of ghosts and timelines. They can still be fun and dramatic though, even if the stakes aren't really all that high or comprehensible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bell_ posted:

Didn't he only add a link after someone asked him to?

Still liking this Paradox Space. Looking forward to the haunt-off I have no idea if there will be a haunt-off.

Inspired by Junji Ito? More like inspired by Junji Itold you about hauntings! I told you dog, I told you about the hauntings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but who on here has a tumblr (specifically a mostly-Homestuck tumblr)?

I'm not falling for that one, dude.