Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

It gets better when you get stronger heals and better gear, it gets practically idiot-proof except for coil, etc. Once you gear up you should be able to outheal anything someone can hurt themselves with almost.

That's good, though I guess leveling via dungeons might be a bit challenging for a while then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satsu
Mar 29, 2004

It's a compulsion! I have my reasons.

ActionZero posted:

Cutting it pretty drat fine.

Would you believe that this weekend, something like four or five different 8-man statics in my FC got their first T9 clears?
Nothing like a new content cycle to spur people along, I guess. :v:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Tossing in my recruit a friend code as well so someone gets a sweet xp boost.

9QY25FPN

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

a kitten posted:

Oh huh, there's an app? Any testimonials as to its usefulness or lack thereof?

It's basically Wowhead for your phone so if you ever get bored or want to look up something without alt tabbing its nice

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

a kitten posted:

Oh huh, there's an app? Any testimonials as to its usefulness or lack thereof?

The app contains all the same information as The Lodestone, just formatted for a phone, so it's handy if you're on PS3/PS4

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
The app also has the benefit that it works even if you have no Internet connection.

Which I suppose could prove useful in a suitably bizarre set of circumstances.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Xenoveritas posted:

The app also has the benefit that it works even if you have no Internet connection.

Which I suppose could prove useful in a suitably bizarre set of circumstances.

I'm really trying to plan out what I need to craft for Ninja on the subway.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Even though I've had Carpenter up to 50 I just now got the appropriate class blue and the i55 chest.

That saw is as big as my torso.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Carpenter saw is a thing of beauty, even if its name does give me PTSD flashbacks from sky farming in 11.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Recruit a friend code if anyone needs it: J9XW9JTD

Hope someone can benefit out of it! :chloe:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

gently caress yeah, hours before 2.4!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Demicol posted:

Had the worst run of Pharos Sirus I've ever seen. Bad PLD tank was pulling mobs with Provoke among other things. We wiped enough that after finally getting to the final boss and one attempt later all my gear broke and the tank DC'd. I put on some random stuff I had lying around in an attempt to get us trough the boss:

That's a level 30 weapon :(
If the new tank hadn't been really highly geared WAR we probably wouldn't have made it. I have never used the fairy abilities more in my entire play time.

I once did Totorak with a healer who was actually using the starter, ilevel 1 wand, because he thought that upgrading his weapon wouldn't affect his healing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

I once did Totorak with a healer who was actually using the starter, ilevel 1 wand, because he thought that upgrading his weapon wouldn't affect his healing.

I think the only two "What in the heck" moments like that I've had were a healer for story Ifrit having no right-side gear at all, and a WHM in CT2 using a one-handed, level 46 NQ wand with no off-hand because "it was almost done spirit-bonding".

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So what are you goons gonna play while FF is down?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Fister Roboto posted:

I can respect that guy, it's at least logically consistent. The guy with the level 5 weapon in Toto-rak is way worse, because he knew to upgrade at least once.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Verranicus posted:

Probably the copy of P4 Ultimax that's been sitting unopened on my coffee table since it came out.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

The only correct choice.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Verranicus posted:

The 'Try not to fail my Java class' game. I've got a major project due this coming Sunday, and know my willpower to work on it will be next to nil with new raids + ninja, so I'm going to try to blow through as much of the project during downtime as possible.

poo poo sucks

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Verranicus posted:

Elite Dangerous beta 3 is coming out!

...on Tuesday. :smithicide:

laststandb
Jul 31, 2014
I just want to elaborate on endgame crafting.

Although if you calculate the gil cost on everything, it can seem very daunting, if you make everything yourself it will be much cheaper. You are never too late to start crafting, there are many things that are in the game to help you catch up.

When your leveling your first few crafting classes, always make a few extra HQ leve turn ins at each tier to sell on the Marketboards. This will provide you the gil you need to buy mats for the next teir. In addition if you are diligent about spiritbinding you can do the vast majority of your melds by yourself once you hit 50.

The crafting accessories might seem expensive, but when leveling desynthesis, it is worth your time to stay behind just producing FC1s for your personal use and to sell (or make crafting accessories and sell). As always, be diligent about spiritbinding woolen sets, you'll blow through a ton by the time you hit 100 desynth skill.

Pre 2.4 the hardest and most expensive part is getting your goldsmith desynth to 100. For newer players, having a miner is incredibly helpful since you can reduce your mat costs. But once you make it past there, getting a supra is much easier than it looks. If you produce your own FCIIIs and sell a few extra, your gil reserves will shoot up.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Spiritbinding and the materia system are the worst part of this entire god drat game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

I'm going to play "clean the house and mow the lawn like I've been putting off for weeks".

Seriously though, Monday/Tuesday maintenance is the punishment I get for working a poo poo job where I'm stuck working weekends.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Playing the new Civ and then sleeping for a few hours before patch

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Verranicus posted:

Instead of playing the "get my food handler's card" game, I think I'm gonna play Harvest Moon 64 for the first time since it came out and my save got corrupted when I used Gameshark for the first time on it! I've pretty much officially switched over into the camp that Back to Nature/Friends of Mineral town is the best in the series, but maybe I might feel differently if I give 64 another shot (I will probably not feel differently).

orange juche posted:

What's your name in game? I'll help you out with stuff if I can, though I may be in an awkward TZ.

I'm Silas Alderman in game; on Excal and in DGKK already. I'm playing pretty casually as I don't wanna burn out on it like I did with GW2, so I don't really know how much help I'll need aside from someone to critique my dressup once I hit 50, but I'm always open to advice and chatting!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Gonna read and catch up on a couple shows I've fallen behind on. Probably keep on playing Bravely Default too.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Gonna finally sit down and finish Fire Emblem Awakening and then drown myself in the DLC.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Just going to join the friend code white noise here: 8KS35Z8U

Also if you're on PS3/PS4 and in the UK, you can buy the game for £2 from tesco delivered (or collect in store) for PS3 and you can upgrade that to the PS4 version for free! Includes your first 30 days. No I don't work for them but hey £2 come on.

I love love LOVE the Halloween event items. Even seasonal gear looks ridiculously good in this game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain desynthing and demimateria to me like I'm an idiot? I have every DoH class at 50 besides CUL, and an HQ set of gear for each of them (but only the rings are melded). I've heard desynthing is important to keep progressing in crafting, particularly GSM, and I did experiment with it a couple times but my chances of success were like.. 5% each time or less.

What should I be doing to level it? What is it even used for?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Another static getting T9 down hours before the patch! The Muscle Wizards of Cactuar eke out a win!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Griever posted:

I love love LOVE the Halloween event items. Even seasonal gear looks ridiculously good in this game.

The skirt with spiderweb leggings rules, no idea what I should use for a top with it though.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain desynthing and demimateria to me like I'm an idiot? I have every DoH class at 50 besides CUL, and an HQ set of gear for each of them (but only the rings are melded). I've heard desynthing is important to keep progressing in crafting, particularly GSM, and I did experiment with it a couple times but my chances of success were like.. 5% each time or less.

What should I be doing to level it? What is it even used for?

The lower the ilvl, the easier it is to desynth, so start with low level stuff and work your way up. Once it's 100% chance to desynth something it's no longer worth your time because it won't give you desynth points, probably even before that actually. Move on to the next tier of desynth. At around 60 or 70 points you'll start getting demimateria sometimes.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

a kitten posted:

The skirt with spiderweb leggings rules, no idea what I should use for a top with it though.

original clothing do not steal (enjoy!)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

a kitten posted:

Hempen camise, dye it black. Also dress gloves work good for the hands, there's no long smooth gloves you can use. Works great with Ahriman choker and darklight healer/caster boots.

E: E'jusana Celah is my IGN, that's the mog setup I used.

E2: gently caress I logged out as my BRD, my shame is eternal :negative:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 27, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Verranicus posted:

Dota. Because I'm a masochist.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

orange juche posted:

Hempen camise, dye it black. Also dress gloves work good for the hands, there's no long smooth gloves you can use. Works great with Ahriman choker and darklight healer/caster boots.

E: E'jusana Celah is my IGN, that's the mog setup I used.

E2: gently caress I logged out as my BRD, my shame is eternal :negative:

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

original clothing do not steal (enjoy!)

Sweet, thanks! I'm still on my first 50, so I'm still in the process of acquiring cool things to glamour onto my gear and inspiration from other, better dressed players is always cool

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cleared t8 right before the patch.

feels good man

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I did not clear T9 before the patch, so I'm trash who now has to rely on echo buffs

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rei_ posted:

I did not clear T9 before the patch, so I'm trash who now has to rely on echo buffs

Echo isn't being implemented for Second Coil until a few weeks after 2.4 hits.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Thank loving christ, I just want to be able to say I did it once properly.

edit; are there people camping outside of the Rogues guild spot already? It's like 8,15 (or something) down near Fishermans Bottom in Lominsa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Dota. Because I'm a masochist.

Gotta get ready for ninja somehow.

• Locked thread