Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just looked at the Bayo communities, saw a bunch of naked baby statues, I guess noone cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just looked at the Bayo communities, saw a bunch of naked baby statues, I guess noone cares.

And we can always upload screenshots.

Edit: Oh now I need to do this with the full set...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wish I could have been at the Bayonetta scenario pitch meetings.

"Ok so, Bayonetta throws a truck at a giant baby face with with dragons for arms and then jumps on a motorcycle in midair and ignites it with her middle finger. Then her hair turns into a giant dog."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Detective No. 27 posted:

"Ok so, Bayonetta throws a truck at a giant baby face with with dragons for arms and then jumps on a motorcycle in midair and ignites it with her middle finger. Then her hair turns into a giant dog."

Could use some more draculas.

gently caress why do I have to wait till Friday for this game. My old man was right, being a grown up sucks.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think the pitch meeting went more like:

"Do you trust us?"

"Of course! We're giving you a lot of money to make some games."

"No! I mean do you really trust us."

"Uh... sure. Those games you guys made were great and-"

"No, man, no. Do you really trust us?"

"I... I... I... guess so?"

"Okay, we're done here. We'll bring you the game this time next year."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think their creative meetings are just telling each other about the crazy dream they had last night where a bizarrely proportioned witch on a motorcycle crashed into a giant upside down face monster.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Apperently something along this conversation really happened:

"Is it ok if while Bayonetta is dressed up as Peach, Bowser's arms kill angels?"

"Sure!"

":haw:"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why can't we play as Luka or Enzo this game is going into the garbage

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

Why can't we play as Luka or Enzo this game is going into the garbage
How would you even play as Enzo? B button makes you trip and fall over, X button makes you say "gently caress ME!"?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

How would you even play as Enzo? B button makes you trip and fall over, X button makes you say "gently caress ME!"?

Just reskin over Bayonetta's wireframe.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

You forgot the y button that makes you say fuggetaboutit.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Enzo should be dressed up like Mario when Bayonetta is Peach.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SystemLogoff posted:

Apperently something along this conversation really happened:

"Is it ok if while Bayonetta is dressed up as Peach, Bowser's arms kill angels?"

"Sure!"

":haw:"

He already does it in Smash Bros anyway.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why isn't Bayonetta going to be in Smash, anyway? Or is she?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mr E posted:

When you activate witch time with Enzo, the effect happens for a split second only and he gets hit anyway while yelling "HOW DO I ALWAYS GET MIXED UP IN THIS poo poo"

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think their creative meetings are just telling each other about the crazy dream they had last night where a bizarrely proportioned witch on a motorcycle crashed into a giant upside down face monster.

One of the Angel descriptions is just "Some people wonder why this Angel design is two human torsos sewn together."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why isn't Bayonetta going to be in Smash, anyway? Or is she?

Because Smash Brothers is not rated M.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Because Smash Brothers is not rated M.
Maybe in the gore and bad language of the game, but Bayonetta herself is an excellent role model for children.

edit: think of it as the same as all those action figures based on R rated movies that there were in the 90s.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 27, 2014

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bayonetta is absolutely going to be announced as smash DLC in 2015.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Mr E posted:

I thought taunt was down on the dpad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't think she would be in it, for one reason; Her Final Smash would have to be a Wicked Weave...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Not unless they want a retroactive rating change. Super Smash Bros is rated E10. There isn't a lot you can do with Bayonetta that wouldn't bump that up to a T minimum.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cloks posted:

I showed my roommate the Bayo 2 demo and he said that it was over stylized and tried to hide the fact that there wasn't much to do by overwhelming the player with things onscreen.

I don't even know what. I'll be picking it up later this week; is there anything in the game that you need to know that isn't really stated explicitly, like how important dodging is in MGR:Revengance?

your roommate both hates fun and has never considered not button mashing

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think she would be in it, for one reason; Her Final Smash would have to be a Wicked Weave...

They could pretty easily just make the hair spiral cover her entire body. Her design isn't much worse than the new zero suit samus.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 27, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pomp posted:

They could pretty easily just make the hair spiral cover her entire body. Her design isn't much worse than the new zero suit samus.

Or they can get around it entirely by deciding not to make Bayonetta get half-naked whenever she does one of those wicked weave attacks.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I haven't played Bayo 2 yet but in 1 using alternative clothes they cover her when she's using the weaves. Pretty logical since her standard outfit is made from her hair :gonk:

So they could have her there if they just make her put something on. Then again, she IS a character from a R-rated game so I doubt it will happen in any case.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They could just give her her Anarchy Reigns moves and stuff instead.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Renoistic posted:

Then again, she IS a character from a R-rated game so I doubt it will happen in any case.

Nah, Nintendo is gonna cross promote an M rated game to a 10 year old.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are we just pretending Snake was never in Smash?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

noirstronaut posted:

Now I want Bayonetta and Snake in the same game just so I can hear what his Codec conversation about her would be.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jsor posted:

Now I want Bayonetta and Snake in the same game just so I can hear what his Codec conversation about her would be.

If Snake ever comes back to Smash I want to see the codec crew interacting with the royal peanut gallery.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Snake's basic move attacks don't involve him poledancing and gyrating and didn't include 'real' guns. It isn't about promoting an M-rated game, it is about the fact that Bayonetta, by default, is a fairly M-rated character in pretty much everything she does.

I mean you could include Bayonetta if you completely changed almost all her attack animations and didn't include her iconic weapons but at that point why are you bothering?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ImpAtom posted:

Snake's basic move attacks don't involve him poledancing and gyrating and didn't include 'real' guns. It isn't about promoting an M-rated game, it is about the fact that Bayonetta, by default, is a fairly M-rated character in pretty much everything she does.

I mean you could include Bayonetta if you completely changed almost all her attack animations and didn't include her iconic weapons but at that point why are you bothering?

Isn't that pretty much what they did by not having Snake cut someone's throat or make some Kojima-esque sex reference? Really, the only Snake thing about Snake in Smash is that he wears camo.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

So as a minor consolation for getting the game over a month late, Europe is getting far superior Captain Toad box art! :eng101:

(EU box art left, NA box art right)

What is it with NoA and wanting to make box art backgrounds goldish? First Wind Waker HD and Bayonetta, and now this!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

Isn't that pretty much what they did by not having Snake cut someone's throat or make some Kojima-esque sex reference? Really, the only Snake thing about Snake in Smash is that he wears camo.

Snake still has his box, the punch combo from MGS2 (I think?), crawls like he does in MGS, does CQC poo poo, etc. There's a lot of stuff they're able to include with Snake because he's not literally poledancing to attack; at most, if you take away stuff like throat slitting, the guns and look at Snake in a vacuum, he's fairly inoffensive compared to someone like Travis Touchdown or Bayonetta.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's basic colour theory stuff, isn't it? It looks like poo poo but I guess that particular type of contrast is proven to catch peoples' attention, no matter how played out it might be.

That being said holy poo poo does that NA cover look bad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've only played the demo but most of Bayonettta's attacks seem to be fairly straightforward punch and kick combos, with maybe swords, that are finishes off with a giant hair weapon? Her guns seem almost vestigial, and stuff like pole dancing are like special finishing moves.

She seems like she has literally thousands of possible attacks and you could pick 15-16 safe ones for Smash.

I don't think they will, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to get her a PG move set that stayed true to the character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

No, because neither of those things are iconic to Snake and it is in fact possible (and encouraged) to go through the game without cutting anyone's throat. You literally can't do a basic attack in Bayonetta without the things I mentioned.

greatn posted:

I've only played the demo but most of Bayonettta's attacks seem to be fairly straightforward punch and kick combos, with maybe swords, that are finishes off with a giant hair weapon? Her guns seem almost vestigial, and stuff like pole dancing are like special finishing moves.

She seems like she has literally thousands of possible attacks and you could pick 15-16 safe ones for Smash.

I don't think they will, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to get her a PG move set that stayed true to the character.

The punch and kick combos you mentioned are using her guns and extended with pistol shots. The vast majority of the moves she does with them involve shooting people if you're playing correctly.

You could pick 15/16 'safe' ones and also give her generic attack animations but then why are you including Bayonetta? Every other character in the game has a bunch of iconic attacks from their own game and a lot of care directed towards making them feel like a representative from their own game. Even someone like Ness (who isn't using his own moves from the game) is at least using pretty iconic abilities from his game.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 27, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Replace the bullets with laser sounds

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Bayonetta will never be in Smash...but what about Bayonetta Hyrule Warriors DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ImpAtom posted:

You could pick 15/16 'safe' ones and also give her generic attack animations but then why are you including Bayonetta? Every other character in the game has a bunch of iconic attacks from their own game and a lot of care directed towards making them feel like a representative from their own game.

Authenticity isn't really an issue when you have characters like Captain Falcon and Fox (where they're in vehicles almost all the time) or the anime swordsmen (who are pawns on a strategy game board). Or Ganondorf, for that matter; when was the last Zelda game where Ganondorf just cold-cocked Link like Hulk Hogan? My guess is that the people who want Bayonetta in Smash want her there because they like the game and think she's cool, just like every other character in Smash.

• Locked thread