Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nyro
Jul 15, 2005

your face looks like the fairy tale explosion
Just got an invite on Toolshed and I'm excited to be playing with goons on red

My shadowknight is lvl 4 right now (in feerrott). I'm usually on weekends and some weeknights, if anyone has an alt or is starting out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Pilsner posted:

If you experience weird positioning of the 'x' in zones other than Freeport and Neriak, contact me and I will check it out.

My Neriak maps are rotated, each of the zones are sideways, looks kinda funny running through the city. Not sure if thats known or what.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

onesixtwo posted:

My Neriak maps are rotated, each of the zones are sideways, looks kinda funny running through the city. Not sure if thats known or what.
I rotated them on purpose - they were made incorrectly by the creator. It surprised and confused me a lot too, that they were incorrectly oriented. It makes sense when you look at how you enter Neriak, going east from Nektulos.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pilsner posted:

I rotated them on purpose - they were made incorrectly by the creator. It surprised and confused me a lot too, that they were incorrectly oriented. It makes sense when you look at how you enter Neriak, going east from Nektulos.

Ahh yes, that makes sense.

Innothule swamp, the southern wall isn't drawn correctly, the loc's are beyond the wall, not sure if it's like it around the entire zone.

Also, Grobb maps don't load on zone, got this error box on loading (basically theres just no \Grobb1.jpg)

Then got this one for Crushbone

e: yeah nope, thats really long. if you need it verbatim let me know, but it seems pretty self explanatory.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 26, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Thanks for the bug reports.

Regarding Innothule Swamp, I've doubled-checked it, and my data for the map is correct. Muse must've slacked off when he drew the southern wall's location. I've actually run around the central and northern parts of the swamp, and it appeared correct.

Regarding Grobb, I must have forgotten to download the map. To fix it, simply download this image and save it in the \MapData\01Antonica directory as "Grobb1.jpg":

http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/images/grobb.jpg

Regarding Crushbone, I was told its zone name is "Clan Crushbone", but I guess it must really be "Crushbone". You can fix it by renaming "Clan Crushbone1.txt" and "Clan Crushbone1.jpg" to "Crushbone1.txt" and "Crushbone1.jpg" respectively. I will fix it in a future release.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Repops are the best kind of mayhem this game has to offer! That, and unintentional raid comedy.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
onesixtwo, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any way but;

RED PLAYERS. RECRUITING IS OPEN. <SLAMDUNKATRON> R CROOTIN.

Here's the deal. We lost a pretty good player this weekend (rightly) because we have essentially no raid capacity. I would like to change this, and the first step is building our guild population, with an eye for certain priority classes. With the server as small as it is, we cannot afford to be picky up front. That doesn't mean we won't be doing some filtering for suitability after someone joins, but for now, "he didn't laugh at my boner joke" is not a good enough reason not to recruit someone.

What I would like you to do:
All dunkatrons, big and small, should pay very close attention to the people they group with. Getting friendly with someone, or seen them in a few different groups over a few different days? Do they have a guild tag? Are they even halfway decent at their role? Could they be taught to get better at their role? Talk to them about <SLAMDUNKATRON>! Goon guilds sometimes have a crummy rep in MMOs, so if you encounter that as pushback, remind the person that you're talking to that the very nature of EQ draws a more mature audience. Most of us are married, with real grown up lives and stuff.

Priorities:
Clerics, Enchanters >>>>>>>>>> Everything else. This is a pretty big one, but we are not "full" on any classes so if someone isn't one of our priority classes they might still be a good fit. I don't care what level your potential recruit is - with a 290% exp bonus we can get them up to snuff pretty quickly.

What I (and hopefully other officers) will do:
I personally can make myself available for invites practically every afternoon or evening except Tuesdays. If I'm not logged on you can post here or get me on Steam by the same username, Hesh Ballantine. If a potential recruit has questions you can't answer, refer him/her to one of us. I also promise to screen aggressively once people are tagged - I know that we have a certain cultural identity that people want to uphold, and I definitely don't want new members that are going to complain about dick chat or tranny jokes. If someone isn't a good fit, starts drama etc, I don't really care how great of a player they are, they're out. I won't pull a Goonwaffe where we take whoever we can for the sake of bloating our ranks and completely destroy what it means to be from SA.

In addition to the above, your individual priorities should be: Hit level 50, make a key for Howling Stones.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've been on every day, but the leveling is really slow going when I have to solo. Would some of the higher ups be willing to power level a bit to help get the rest of us there? It was really quite fast with the Guk groups, but now it's slow going since a lot of you guys have moved on.

Who did we lose? That sucks. :smith:

babartabernacle
Oct 24, 2014
Hesh,

+1 on active recruiting. Pick up groups are tough at the moment, with more people we'll be able to get enough pick-up groups so that we can start hitting HS / Seb etc. I'll also point out that every time that I look for a group there is a surplus of hybrids, healers - and a total lack of tanks. Yesterday mid-day for an example, there were 3 lvl 40's groups all looking for a tank.

Individuals I propose recruiting:

- Menucha - Enchanter @ 44ish, been leveling with her since 20's in MM. She is top notch and plays often.
- Sesuke - Enchanter @ 40ish, again - leveled with him bunch.

Both are good players and have top-notch EQ-sense.

They both know I am in the guild, you might just shoot them tell as an officer, saying that I gave them a +1 and you wanted to talk to them about joining.

Hope that helps.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Siets posted:

I've been on every day, but the leveling is really slow going when I have to solo. Would some of the higher ups be willing to power level a bit to help get the rest of us there? It was really quite fast with the Guk groups, but now it's slow going since a lot of you guys have moved on.

Well, the way grouping range works (your level)*1.5, none of us are out of range to group with you. There are two complications, as I see it. First is the way that exp in a group gets divided. You can check the p99 wiki for a better explanation, but the long and short of it is, if you're 40 in a group of 50-52s, you are going to get a much smaller piece of the "exp pie" than the 50+s will. As I understand it, (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) with all other things being equal you're better off in a group close to your own level, or at the very least it's a wash. The second problem is that some of us are intentionally pausing at their current level. Until I have opportunities to improve my gear (HS, farming planar trash, finishing epic) I'm in no rush to get to 60 and PvP with the big kids.

babartabernacle posted:

+1 on active recruiting. Pick up groups are tough at the moment, with more people we'll be able to get enough pick-up groups so that we can start hitting HS / Seb etc. I'll also point out that every time that I look for a group there is a surplus of hybrids, healers - and a total lack of tanks. Yesterday mid-day for an example, there were 3 lvl 40's groups all looking for a tank.

Individuals I propose recruiting:

- Menucha - Enchanter @ 44ish, been leveling with her since 20's in MM. She is top notch and plays often.

Both are good players and have top-notch EQ-sense.

They both know I am in the guild, you might just shoot them tell as an officer, saying that I gave them a +1 and you wanted to talk to them about joining.

Thanks, I'll friend list them both and keep an eye out.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Heh, Sasuke.. He doesn't like me. I've called him out on his bullshit in /o a little too vocally. He is the guy who is a 'broker' for players, moving mana stones, fungis, dragonscales, etc, then in the same hour is pleading with people for discounts on gear because he's a newbie.

I've been a broker in EQ before, I made a stupid amount of plat on blue. It's extremely easy to turn huge profits for yourself without screwing over your clients. This guy is either full of poo poo, shady, and has the worst friends that don't pay him enough that he needs to beg for handouts. Either way, I can't stand seeing someone 'WTS Manastone' and 'WTB items for cheap cuz im a newb' at the same time.

So, sorry, but i've probably ruined chances of him joining us. Also I don't buy that he's a brand new player w/o any friends here. No one trusts a random person to sell Manastones and a fungi. He has friends in high places, or he is an alt trying to reroll and distance himself from his previous name. /o lore says he's this guy http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164138

--

I've been quiet on the direction of SLAMDUNKATRON because I've been dealing with it daily through tells from a lot of our current and former 50s. Frankly, it's getting tiring, and the ones who have left us have done so for very valid reasons that I don't have viable solutions for. Sure, in theory this all is easily fixed. Enter, Red99's endgame scene.

1) We don't have a strong enough core of necessary classes. We have 2 (amazing) Enchanters in the 50s, but both of them have odd hours. We have Skullmonkey as our only main cleric, but he doesn't have the same playtime as a neckbeard, which is not a fault. I have two Cleric alts, the second of which I leveled to help another batch of goons level w/ a healer since there never were any.

We don't have any heals other than my alts in the 50s ready to go. We simply can't push content without a few Clerics, and I can only supplement this with my alts for so long before I get burned out on it. The solution of someone driving my Clerics to every raid / 50s group isn't feasible, or fair to their interests in playing their intended class.

2) End game scene is.. chaotic, at best. Raid targets are fought over with groups of 30+ people on either side. Sure, we're not competing for any Dragons or God spawns for a LONG time, but if we're noticed in PoF / PoS / Seb grinding gear, someone is gonna come gently caress with us and we don't have the roster to match whatever is thrown at us. It's difficult to even get 6/6 50+ in /gu for a group lasting more than an hour. We're in the phase where we all should be grinding resist gear, getting to 60, and running PoF / PoH / PoS as often as possible. We still struggle nightly to get a single group of 50s content going because of point 1.

We need be able to field 2 groups without hassle to seriously consider hitting targets, that's 2-3 clerics, bards, tanks, chanters, and dps to be online simultaneously and able to give us a few hours at a time. That's also 2 groups of people who will not rage quit if we lose pvp, or we wipe for 2 hours straight learning the ropes. Be it a raid target, or a camp in HS / Seb / KC. Those zones are pretty heavily fought over for obvious reasons.

3) We don't have incentives to provide any non-goon to join and stay with us during this period. Someone can join Holo today and be up in Hate / Fear looting stuff that would have rotted if they didn't get recruited an hour prior. Best we can offer is, 'we aren't those guys.' Pretty much everyone here to raid isn't interested in building it from the ground up, and they'll go to one of the two already very well established forces. Eternal Light -> Azreal, or Holocaust.

4) Holo / EL actively poach people they need to fill their gaps. We can recruit people, work with them for a couple weeks, get them gear... but that one week we don't have enough people to get targets, or no groups happen due to people being busy not logging in.. and that is all it takes. Who can realistically turn down someone offering them a spot in their raid that is literally about to start, groups to run their epic quest so they can have it within the month, and a pool of 20-30 people frequently LFG for xps in the 50s. gently caress, that sounds appealing to me at this point.

:words:

So, where does this leave us? We can either continue what we have been doing, increasing recruitment efforts and continue leveling / gearing every single newbie / fresh blue roll.. Or, we begin speaking with officers of both EL and Holo (of which I have good contacts with either side, as does Hardon) and find out who can give us the best deal, has the best loot system for us, and is the better fit for ALL of us. Hell, i'm sure the goons already in either guild can chime in on their trip reports.

We already have goons on both sides. I'd like us to stay together as much as we can, so acting sooner to stop us from bleeding members is vital. In my opinion, merging is our most viable strategy to ensure our 50s can actually play this game instead of burning out and feeling like they wasted a month or so to never see endgame.

My vote is for merging. I'm going to begin speaking with both sides and see what they will do for us. We can bring a solid group of about 6-8 50s, a smattering of 30s-40s, and we can finally get access to end game content and loot in time for Velious to launch.

Also, i'm going to make certain our newbie goons are welcomed and not left out to dry alone. I will not agree to a situation where our newbies are not given the option to join with us. I'm not going to stop PLing new goons that join the server, and being available to bankroll their spells / first set of gear.

Though on that note, a bit of a rant: I've lost a ton of time and gear on people who roll here, get pk'd in crushbone once and never log in again because 'that guys a human being'. Thanks btw, for letting those newbie items rot, even after being asked 'just dont rage quit when you get pk'd. it's going to happen.' No this isn't directed at a single person, there are at least 5+ goons that have done this. I'm out of newbie gear because of it, and each time it happens it annoys the gently caress out of me. That's 2+ hours I put into PLing, porting you around, getting you gear / spell money, just to have you quit the first time someone logs in a twink pk alt. I've leveled 3 50s here, deal with it or man up and return my free handout poo poo before you cry in the corner and never return. Fucks sake.

There you have it. Here's the post I haven't wanted to make for the past couple weeks, but it's past time to consider. I've made up my mind on merging being the only solution where goons can still play together and do endgame classic eq like we all came here to do. If there isn't an agreement to be made on this subject, I'll transfer guildlead to whomever wants to take charge. I'm going to burn out completely if I keep feeling responsible for the success / stability of someone's time spent playing with us.

This is wordier than I intended. I'll probably be around tonight for questions or concerns. If someone wants to usurp me, please do it. Regardless of the decision made by the group at large, I'm going to be passing lead. I didn't start playing again to make these decisions, and for my own sanity / interest to play, I need to step aside.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

I can raid on Blue anytime I want, I don't have the playtime to devote to that end at the moment. Right now I'm happy getting my cleric to 45-50 and an enchanter or something else to 30 before Velious. I'll go with the flow in SLAMDUNKATRON...urge to merge is not so immediate here.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Siets posted:

Who did we lose? That sucks. :smith:

We lost me, or at least my monk Jinouga. Ashenden and all of my other characters are still in SLAM. On the non-goon front we lost probably our strongest tank, Bump, to Holo and our highest shaman, Godwin, to EL. It was a tough decision and I feel like a bitch, but EL is doing what we wanted to do 2 weeks ago and I couldn't miss a chance to join one of the only non-zergs/VPs actually trying to kill poo poo. I owe SLAM everything when it comes to my monk, I probably wouldn't have stuck with the game past 15 otherwise, I was just feeling too depressed about it all.

I hate meeting new people and I like you guys, so I really hope my decision was stupid.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Holo is like 90% of my jewelcrafting profits so I definitely don't want to join them and have people ask for discounts, nor do I care about raiding. I plan to just buy the ranger epic MQ's for my future ranger once I make enough money.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

babartabernacle posted:

This guy has a naruto name and he's a very well known red -> blue trade scammer and general shitbag. One day he was begging me for money, the next day he was trying to trade a manastone for blue plat. Asked a few people about him and he's scammed tons of players for their blue plat.

Ashenden posted:

We lost me, or at least my monk Jinouga. Ashenden and all of my other characters are still in SLAM. On the non-goon front we lost probably our strongest tank, Bump, to Holo and our highest shaman, Godwin, to EL. It was a tough decision and I feel like a bitch, but EL is doing what we wanted to do 2 weeks ago and I couldn't miss a chance to join one of the only non-zergs/VPs actually trying to kill poo poo. I owe SLAM everything when it comes to my monk, I probably wouldn't have stuck with the game past 15 otherwise, I was just feeling too depressed about it all.

I hate meeting new people and I like you guys, so I really hope my decision was stupid.

Totally understandable, we still love you and Slamdunk's leadership completely understands why you guys jumped ship. Ultimately Yevea, Kean, and I failed on our promise to get this guild into endgame content in a timely manner for a variety of factors (dirty guild hoppers like you :V, real life, burning out on leveling people to 50 to see them quit the next day etc) so we're taking this as a sign that we need to change gears so that the next player doesn't feel like they have to join a different guild to see high level content.

quote:

Though on that note, a bit of a rant: I've lost a ton of time and gear on people who roll here, get pk'd in crushbone once and never log in again because 'that guys a human being'. Thanks btw, for letting those newbie items rot, even after being asked 'just dont rage quit when you get pk'd. it's going to happen.' No this isn't directed at a single person, there are at least 5+ goons that have done this. I'm out of newbie gear because of it, and each time it happens it annoys the gently caress out of me. That's 2+ hours I put into PLing, porting you around, getting you gear / spell money, just to have you quit the first time someone logs in a twink pk alt. I've leveled 3 50s here, deal with it or man up and return my free handout poo poo before you cry in the corner and never return. Fucks sake.

This entirely sums up my feelings on things. We really did try our best to make this guild work while being goon-exclusive, but after a while having my main sitting with 5 pieces of cloth while I spend 1-5k and 10+ hours powerleveling a week only to have a small handful of players stick around and hit 50, combined with having a lot of stuff come up in real life, made sustaining this unfeasible. As it is, our choices are to open recruitment or to merge with an established guild. I don't have a problem with either of these plans, however I would like to hear what our members have to say before we make any decisions.

quote:

We don't have any heals other than my alts in the 50s ready to go. We simply can't push content without a few Clerics, and I can only supplement this with my alts for so long before I get burned out on it. The solution of someone driving my Clerics to every raid / 50s group isn't feasible, or fair to their interests in playing their intended class.

I obviously don't care a single bit about gear and I enjoy healing, so until I can get a cleric rolled up I would have no problem playing one of your clerics for guild groups until we can get the numbers we need. In the meantime I'm highly considering retiring my bard and shadow knight to roll a cleric or enchanter, so let's recruit a bit and see which class we end up needing the most. I enjoy playing any class in EQ.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 27, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'll do what I can to make a push on my cleric to 45 this week. Currently 10% into 38, would like to visit Dalnir, the Hole, even City of Mist

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'll do what I can to make a push on my cleric to 45 this week. Currently 10% into 38, would like to visit Dalnir, the Hole, even City of Mist

Dalnir is stupid. I didn't believe them until I went yesterday. It's a ridiculously boring place with almost no nameds, no good loot except no drop monk armor from trash, and way too many casters.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Ashenden posted:

Dalnir is stupid. I didn't believe them until I went yesterday. It's a ridiculously boring place with almost no nameds, no good loot except no drop monk armor from trash, and way too many casters.

I've spent about 30 hours in Dalnir, I consider myself qualified to say it's the worst. A serious, very strong, competent group of right classes could probably do well w/ quick xp there, but it's just so far out of the way from everything else and provides zero incentive to anyone but soon-to-be disappointed Monks.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I can raid on Blue anytime I want, I don't have the playtime to devote to that end at the moment. Right now I'm happy getting my cleric to 45-50 and an enchanter or something else to 30 before Velious. I'll go with the flow in SLAMDUNKATRON...urge to merge is not so immediate here.

This is me. I'm fine with merging. I just want to play with goons. As long as we all go together, I'm cool with it.

Jinouga, you were a cool dude. Would you and Bump consider following us wherever we ultimately merge to? I really would like our core group to remain. You guys rock and are the entire reason I'm playing here rather than blue (hell why I'm even bothering with EQ at all.)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'm don't mean for what I posted to sound like, 'we need to raid, everyone needs to be raid ready, okay lets go raid with them.' It's more about how 50+ the game changes dramatically. We're now in pvp-range of people who do raid, that have gear loaded with resists / hp, and people generally stick closely to their friends. Finding a pug 50s group isn't really that easy.. Most 50s xp dungeons are littered with valuable loot, and guilds will replace from within before going to /o. Joining a larger guild with more members gives us more opportunities for XP groups, pvp groups, and eventually raiding if you felt like it.

You raise an interesting point I hadn't really considered or thought was a situation: some people still play on Blue, but hang out with us on Red as a side thing. Personally I re-rolled red, sold everything worth plat on blue, and plan to experience EQ endgame here.

If merging does happen, I'm going to make sure it's known that we may have trickling of members coming in from SLAMDUNKATRON / SA still. The main problem I see is sometimes guilds have a level 46+ req to join, so that will be something hashed out well in advance.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I'm still planning on playing, I've just been keeping weird hours and can't find groups.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

I'm don't mean for what I posted to sound like, 'we need to raid, everyone needs to be raid ready, okay lets go raid with them.' It's more about how 50+ the game changes dramatically. We're now in pvp-range of people who do raid, that have gear loaded with resists / hp, and people generally stick closely to their friends. Finding a pug 50s group isn't really that easy.. Most 50s xp dungeons are littered with valuable loot, and guilds will replace from within before going to /o. Joining a larger guild with more members gives us more opportunities for XP groups, pvp groups, and eventually raiding if you felt like it.

You raise an interesting point I hadn't really considered or thought was a situation: some people still play on Blue, but hang out with us on Red as a side thing. Personally I re-rolled red, sold everything worth plat on blue, and plan to experience EQ endgame here.

If merging does happen, I'm going to make sure it's known that we may have trickling of members coming in from SLAMDUNKATRON / SA still. The main problem I see is sometimes guilds have a level 46+ req to join, so that will be something hashed out well in advance.

So it seems like the best solution might be to keep SLAMDUNKATRON as a leveling/casual tag. Let people make a decision when they hit 46, and if they want to just hang around and craft or whatever, they stay in SLAM.

edit: I say this because I think it's really important that SA members have a place to go with some exclusivity if they so desire.

Hesh Ballantine fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 28, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Hesh Ballantine posted:

So it seems like the best solution might be to keep SLAMDUNKATRON as a leveling/casual tag. Let people make a decision when they hit 46, and if they want to just hang around and craft or whatever, they stay in SLAM.

edit: I say this because I think it's really important that SA members have a place to go with some exclusivity if they so desire.

I agree, if we end up merging we should just bring our 50+ over and leave slamdunk as a feeder/leveling/chill guild. I would definitely keep all of my alts in it and remain active.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Hesh Ballantine posted:

This sounds good to me too. I wish we could make a chat channel.

Siets posted:

Jinouga, you were a cool dude. Would you and Bump consider following us wherever we ultimately merge to? I really would like our core group to remain. You guys rock and are the entire reason I'm playing here rather than blue (hell why I'm even bothering with EQ at all.)

I can only speak for me when I say yeah I would be down with that, except maybe if it winds up being Holo. I dunno if I could keep any motivation to play if I joined the meme generating retard zerg.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pilsner posted:

Thanks for the bug reports.

I moved my EQ directory, how can I reset where it checks for logs?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

C:\Users\cdash004\AppData\Roaming\ZlizEQP1999Map\ZlizEQP1999Map.ini

That is the ini file for the program, you can directly edit that or probably just delete the folder.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Ashenden posted:

This sounds good to me too. I wish we could make a chat channel.

I can only speak for me when I say yeah I would be down with that, except maybe if it winds up being Holo. I dunno if I could keep any motivation to play if I joined the meme generating retard zerg.

Honestly their core players are actually really chill and all of the idiocy comes with the territory of their recently zerg'd members, however their loot system has put them to the back of the line of guilds we're considering. They run a loot council, which in a vacuum is the best loot system, however after talking to a wide variety of their members from core to new recruits, they heavily favor their old members no matter how good or active you are and toss everyone else the scraps. So basically they have no idea how to make a council guild actually work. Having run a guild like that before, it's actually a lot of work if you don't want to be a garbage guild (ex keeping spreadsheets of attendance, who looted what when, picking top 2-3 candidates and having them roll vs just looting it to your friend etc.) Azrael runs DKP and heavily rewards players with DKP for camping people they like in PVP instead of actually attending raids, and is also plagued heavily with real-money transfer influencing DKP rewards (not just rumorquest, I have pre-p1999 friends in azrael who have confirmed) and they probably don't want us anyway. I don't know anything about eternal light so they're probably our best bet just based on the fact that holocaust and azrael's leadership are both really incompetent.

On that note, I'm really sorry that I have too much of a life right now to actually run a guild because holy poo poo I could do so much of a better job than any of the garbage guilds on this server.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I know that we have a certain cultural identity that people want to uphold, and I definitely don't want new members that are going to complain about dick chat or tranny jokes

oh i thought i was playing with goons so i didn't have to hear constant 'faggots' and 'tranny jokes'

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I've had a shitballs crazy last couple weeks (60+ hours not including on call time every 7 days) because the railroads are slamming to get poo poo done before the snow flies, but once that starts work will slow down and Minamata will be more available to fill that 6th spot and help gain exps. Just been stuck at 47 for a little bit here because I haven't had time to join groups or do much of anything. My not-all-that-valuable input would be that merging isn't a bad idea but I'd like to see the SLAM tag continue for casual/leveling and because I chuckle all the time seeing that tag. But also include me in the "prefer it not be Holo." Ultimately I'll follow y'alls lead.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

HEY VAPER posted:

I don't know anything about eternal light so they're probably our best bet just based on the fact that holocaust and azrael's leadership are both really incompetent.

Seems like a really laid back NBG rolling system. I went to Hate with them tonight, was a casualish fun time even with wipes. We downed Maestro and I got the lovely 6ac mask with Ultravision just cuz. Apparently they kind of regard Holo as KOS. There is seemingly some support from Azrael, including helping people with stuff in Sky.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

onesixtwo posted:

Niedar kinda answered it; you can just open Start->Run and type:

%appdata%\ZlizEQP1999Map

In there is the ZlizEQP1999Map.ini file, which you can edit in Notepad. I intend to make a little GUI for changing the EQ directory in the future.

By the way, I thought about the Wiki link feature. Did you know that you can double-click the zone name header in order to attempt to open the zone's wiki page? It's just not very obvious. I intend to make a more visible Wiki link in the next version, and the best solution for making the link always work is to just make redirect pages on the Wiki, instead of me storing the Wiki link in the program.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Assuming I don't get called in to work or anything I'll be leveling my twinked out 13-14 bard all day tomorrow. New main, for reals this time. If we get a group going I'll camp high level druid buffs for us, and if you're a few levels behind I can powerlevel to catch you up if you catch me before I form a group.

edit: Yevea: I found someone on the forums selling a guardian mace for super cheap, and I gave him your char names in case he doesn't catch me online. You have my login info (plat's on hardon in bank) if he ends up catching you before me. He was asking 1800 but feel free to talk him down if you really feel like it, price is stupidly low for best in slot until epic anyways. At this rate I'm considering just farming about 5k more on hardon, picking up a tish orb, and grouping to 60.. Also holy poo poo you have a lot of characters.

On that note, if anyone sees mithril arms, mithril legs, or a troll-hide belt for sale cheap, send the seller my way, yevea's way, or snag it for me :)

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 28, 2014

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

The rustle is real.

ptothebtothek
Nov 6, 2009
Did a little recruiting this morning and got an Enchanter, Pally and Rogue all lvls 29-30. Seen them around Unrest the last couple days and they seem like good people. Now where all the clerics at? Just crashed and it says my IP is blocked... great.

ptothebtothek fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 28, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

ptothebtothek posted:

Did a little recruiting this morning and got an Enchanter, Pally and Rogue all lvls 29-30. Seen them around Unrest the last couple days and they seem like good people. Now where all the clerics at? Just crashed and it says my IP is blocked... great.

I just hit 39 in MM. Complete Heal a go go

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I'll be on my cleric again when I can play when you guys play. Soloing at 40 is a waste of time and effort.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pilsner posted:

Niedar kinda answered it; you can just open Start->Run and type:

%appdata%\ZlizEQP1999Map

In there is the ZlizEQP1999Map.ini file, which you can edit in Notepad. I intend to make a little GUI for changing the EQ directory in the future.

By the way, I thought about the Wiki link feature. Did you know that you can double-click the zone name header in order to attempt to open the zone's wiki page? It's just not very obvious. I intend to make a more visible Wiki link in the next version, and the best solution for making the link always work is to just make redirect pages on the Wiki, instead of me storing the Wiki link in the program.

Double clicking the zone name opens the wiki page already.. you sir are a true hero.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Why is there a 60+ page rnf thread about catherin, what the gently caress blue.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Karjia posted:

Why is there rnf, what the gently caress blue.
ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I might actually get some play time in this weekend. My poor druid is still stuck at 29.

• Locked thread