Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

pseudorandom name posted:

they've been that way for a while with their Native Client bullshit

poo poo, they have their own activex, they have their own video format that nobody else uses and now they're actively rejecting firefox from their webapps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

maniacdevnull posted:

glass was super successful in that it a) took money from idiots and b) made everyone realize android wear is great

a) took money from idiots
b) got a massive amount of attention and credit for innovation despite being essentially garbage

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

smythe is like an onion. layers within layers, lots of crying, and surprisingly delicious when properly sweated

cooking with smythe makes a lot more sense

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i'd say he's a lot less revolting than our resident android dyper smythe

ehh, they're close, personally smythe edges cremnob out b/c homophobia but i can see the argument for cremnob being worse purely out of obnoxiousness

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you do realize that smythe is self-aware and does it as a joke while cremnob is totally serious, right

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
smythe is the best poster on these forums

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

you do realize that smythe is self-aware and does it as a joke while cremnob is totally serious, right

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Cremnob is serious but in an insincere way because he knows that we know that he stands to gain if people like Apple products because of all of his Icahn asslicking. so when he posts about apple, it's all in his gimmick to simply be saying 'make me richer fuckos'.

Smythe says he likes android and google products, and that's it.

the two aren't even comparable.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

phwoar id love to get her and marissa alone in a hotel room for a day

and talk about computers and play videogames all night

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

weird

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Ocrassus posted:

Cremnob is serious but in an insincere way because he knows that we know that he stands to gain if people like Apple products because of all of his Icahn asslicking. so when he posts about apple, it's all in his gimmick to simply be saying 'make me richer fuckos'.

Smythe says he likes android and google products, and that's it.

the two aren't even comparable.

um if everyone in yospos put their combined wealth into apple tomorrow it wouldnt move the price

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

also everyone in yospos buying tons of apple product (or not) wouldnt have any impact on apple either

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i own one or more apple products

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Avenging Dentist posted:

let's be fair, if your business involved writing javascript, you'd probably do some pretty nutty things to try to end the suffering too

see also dart lmao

sorry i just cant keep from laughing whenever i mention it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

theadder posted:

i own one or more apple products

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

slogsdon posted:

smythe is the best poster on these forums

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

see also dart lmao

sorry i just cant keep from laughing whenever i mention it

microsoft has typescript so its not like google is unique in trying to put lipstick on js

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
also mozilla's asm.js (but that's more about how no one should write in js ever and should just compile to js)

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

cremnob posted:

also everyone in yospos buying tons of apple product (or not) wouldnt have any impact on apple either
This isn't true. YOSPOSers are trendsetters; others look to YOSPOS for social proof about the coolest and best products with the worthiest operating systems.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Avenging Dentist posted:

also mozilla's asm.js (but that's more about how no one should write in js ever and should just compile to js)
I have been waiting for like 6 years now to find a usable Python to JS compiler (tried and failed at pyjs, pyjamas, a few others). I've actively considered contributing to such OSS projects as they're a major pain point.

The trouble is to make meaningful contributions I'd have to actually learn javascript, and gently caress that

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
javascript itself is really not hard to learn. it's just all the hosed up libraries and conventions
"var self = this" lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

is javascript like jquery

pram
Jun 10, 2001
not really

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

glass is the ultimate signifier of someone who wants to appear 'with it' and 'up to date' but is in fact clueless and a consumerist jerkoff (like fishmech). its like bluetooth headsets in the early 00s

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Gentle Autist posted:

glass is the ultimate signifier of someone who wants to appear 'with it' and 'up to date' but is in fact clueless and a consumerist jerkoff (like fishmech). its like bluetooth headsets in the early 00s

not even fishmech likes glass

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

worse than those, because those at least had a use case

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

poty posted:

actually there are plenty of good smaller companies that dont advertise so you have to keep up with new products and sales through newsletters
maybe you could just follow their websites on google reader

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i have been explicitly against glass for years

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ShadowHawk posted:

I have been waiting for like 6 years now to find a usable Python to JS compiler (tried and failed at pyjs, pyjamas, a few others). I've actively considered contributing to such OSS projects as they're a major pain point.

The trouble is to make meaningful contributions I'd have to actually learn javascript, and gently caress that

if you gonna make a transpiler, at least use a good source language

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nintendo Kid posted:

i have been explicitly against glass for years

are even any glass proponents in here at all?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

not in yospos i think, there's eripsa over in d&d tho (lol)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Forums Terrorist posted:

not in yospos i think, there's eripsa over in d&d tho (lol)

isn't erpisa a complete waste of oxygen tho

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Potential job opening in yospos for one unironic google glass advocate

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

isn't erpisa a complete waste of oxygen tho

nah, he's hilarious

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock