Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's much better to play with a controller in my opinion. It's challenging but fair, if you die it's almost always your fault. Great game.

I 100% the game with Keyboard. :agesilaus: I think its a beautiful game that everyone should try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Triggers are great unless you are using the PS3 controller, which puts everything important on R1/L1 because of how bad R2/L2 are.

turboraton posted:

I 100% the game with Keyboard. :agesilaus:

Alright? :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Trick Question posted:

Man, Resident Evil 6 seems really bad. Fighting infinitely-respawning dudes armed with guns just isn't fun. Mercenaries mode seems fun, but why is the rest of this game so much shittier than 4? It's more fun than 5, but that's not a high hurdle.

(P.S. I already know about counters and quickshots and how the melee works.)

Dammit, I told you people not to buy RE6 and you didn't listen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

turboraton posted:

I 100% the game with Keyboard. :agesilaus: I think its a beautiful game that everyone should try.

Scrub missed the last 6%

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Is the new Nancy Drew game set in the Assassin's Creed universe? Kate Drew was investigating Abstergo when they killed her, now Nancy Drew has to take up the hidden blade of the assassin and avenge her death.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Spent a few hours this afternoon with two local co-op games:

Gangbeasts - (early access) You play as a generic teletubbie looking thing, and are trying to get your hands to stick to your friends, who you can then pick up and toss into fires, into literal meatgrinders, off the side of scaffolding on the side of a building and a few others we didn't have time to mess around with. 7/10; it was fun, but wait on it to release to buy/judge it unless you really are lacking any other local co-op options (you shouldn't be, with the next title available..)

Gauntlet - This was hands down just plain fun. It was extremely easy to tell what was going on, who you were controlling, and health bars/skills were very easy to spot at a glance even when things were hectic. Dying during local co-op was handled very fairly (and made for some tense run like a bitch moments); if you had 'skull coins' (kill enough monsters, automatically get another coin) you could respawn quickly after about 5 seconds, if you had no coins you had to wait 15 seconds and then could respawn without penalty aside from the wait. If everybody was dead at the same time, game over. Plenty of times we were down to just one man left alive and we were counting down out loud the number of seconds they had to live for, cheering them on while they were running away from and dodging dozens of things so one of the other of us could respawn and try and save the day. Seriously fun local co-op (have never played online and only played a bit of solo prior to today to get a fell for the game/controls) 10/10 buy it for the co-op it will easily be money well spent

edit: one thing I didn't like too much in gauntlet when I saw that it could happen, is that one person can block a doorway and while we didn't test it fully it didn't seem possible to force them to move out of the way. So for local co-op that's not a big deal but if you're playing online, can this happen? Some pubbie rear end in a top hat standing in a doorway blocking the game up (cause you shot their food?) maybe we just missed some obvious way to push a non-moving character out of a doorway too big for two to fit through

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 27, 2014

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Holy poo poo there are a shitton of Nancy Drew games. I did not know until five minutes ago that there were any Nancy Drew games. Are any of them even remotely any good?

(although the one you posted doesn't seem to actually be on Steam? I wish you would at least make your single-image "a game exists" posts into links or something.)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Occultatio posted:

I did not know until five minutes ago that there were any Nancy Drew games. Are any of them even remotely any good?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say probably not.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Sounds like a pretty good game-design challenge.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally got around to Bioshock: Infinite. I love the look of the game and the combat was adequate, and I liked the dynamic they had going with Elizabeth as a companion. The story is somewhat pretentious but is engaging all the same, and I liked the rather downbeat ending (though I skipped the credits so didn't see the little extra scene they threw in at the end).

But having only recently just played both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for the first time recently, I think it's more than any sense of nostalgia or rose-tinted glasses that makes me say Infinite was the least good of the Bioshock games. Getting through the combat stages became an annoying slog by roughly the halfway point, and I missed not having the (few) opportunities afforded by the previous two games to change how you were viewed by other characters.

It alternate historic setting was a lot of fun and I liked the explanation for how they explained away the deviation from normal history, but like the floating city itself, the game seems to trump the visual look over explaining away the how or why. While you can hunt down and find the details if you look hard enough, the game didn't really leave me feeling like exploring around the city, and the narrative keeps pushing the,"DO THIS NOW!" side of things, so it is easy to miss a lot of things.

Still a good and enjoyable game though, but perhaps a bit ambitious and beyond the capabilities of the gamemakers to actually pull off.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The thing that bothered me about Bioshock Infinite is that the skyhook system felt like a way to get around having to make transition areas for your levels.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Mutation posted:

Three hours into Ziggurat and yeah, it's a pretty great game. A whole bunch of nods to Hexen and Doom, and the combat gets pretty awesome once you unlock a couple of the pickup spells. Good amount stuff you unlock each run, good enemy encounters. My only real complaint is that the Shaman boss seems to be a death sentence.

For $12.75 it's a steal.

Seconding this. It's Tower of Guns with the Hexen II feel. Just beat my second play through and I know I'll be coming back for a break or two on this.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

You'd be wrong, but don't feel bad, we all make incredibly bad guesses at some point in our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcydcefO5TA

Also, it looks like most of the Nancy Drew games are $1.74 on GMG.

Orv
May 4, 2011

duckfarts posted:

You'd be wrong, but don't feel bad, we all make incredibly bad guesses at some point in our lives.

Hey it was a pretty safe guess, but I'm not mad to be wrong.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So it's a GTA1/2 clone?

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

duckfarts posted:

:sigh: the GTA 1 remake just doesn't have the same charm as the original

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Samurai Sanders posted:

So it's a GTA1/2 clone?

Looks more like a clone of Who Frame Roger Rabbit? on NES

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
Anyone else having weird problems with Steam Music playlists? It still finds my music just fine, but it says all my playlists have no tracks in them, even if I create a new list and try to add tracks to it.

My hard drive started dying about two weeks ago, so I cloned it onto a new drive. I don't use Steam Music that often, so I don't know if this only started happening after I switched to the new drive, or if it got broken in a Steam update before or after that.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

People are joking about it, but those really are the GTA1 car sprites, shamelessly stolen. Wow.

edit: Maybe they're modified. I have those sprites ingrained in my memory so I'm sure they took something.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 27, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I especially liked the way those cars suddenly sped up when turning. The same engine?

mr. nobody posted:

Gauntlet - This was hands down just plain fun. It was extremely easy to tell what was going on, who you were controlling, and health bars/skills were very easy to spot at a glance even when things were hectic. Dying during local co-op was handled very fairly (and made for some tense run like a bitch moments); if you had 'skull coins' (kill enough monsters, automatically get another coin) you could respawn quickly after about 5 seconds, if you had no coins you had to wait 15 seconds and then could respawn without penalty aside from the wait. If everybody was dead at the same time, game over. Plenty of times we were down to just one man left alive and we were counting down out loud the number of seconds they had to live for, cheering them on while they were running away from and dodging dozens of things so one of the other of us could respawn and try and save the day. Seriously fun local co-op (have never played online and only played a bit of solo prior to today to get a fell for the game/controls) 10/10 buy it for the co-op it will easily be money well spent

edit: one thing I didn't like too much in gauntlet when I saw that it could happen, is that one person can block a doorway and while we didn't test it fully it didn't seem possible to force them to move out of the way. So for local co-op that's not a big deal but if you're playing online, can this happen? Some pubbie rear end in a top hat standing in a doorway blocking the game up (cause you shot their food?) maybe we just missed some obvious way to push a non-moving character out of a doorway too big for two to fit through
You get more skull coins by killing spawners and getting large kill combo's. Maybe everyone on Easy had unlimited lives, but it stops on Normal and Unfair gives you gold food. Game just needs DLC and random dungeons.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 27, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

People are joking about it, but those really are the GTA1 car sprites, shamelessly stolen. Wow.

edit: Maybe they're modified. I have those sprites ingrained in my memory so I'm sure they took something.
I'd say even modified is a stretch. GTA1 has quite pixelated sprite work unless they had a 'HD-texture pack for the game or a fan made it.

Apparently modders ported the GTA1 levels into GTA4 though.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

:spooky: The 31 Days Many Games of October :spooky:

Challenge Games
1. Alien: Isolation
2. Year Walk
3. Deadlight
4. Adventures of Shuggy
5. Atom Zombie Smasher
6. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
7. Infected: The Twin Vaccine - Collector's Edition
8. How to Survive
9. 1953 - KGB Unleashed
10. Burn Zombie Burn!
11. Home
12. Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition)
13. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
14. Scarygirl
15. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
16. Closure
17. Alien Breed 2: Assault
18. F.E.A.R. Online
19. Ghostship Aftermath
20. Hell Yeah!
21. Eldritch
22. The Path
23. Shadowgrounds: Survivor
24. Ghost Master
25. Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut

Bonus Games
A. Painkiller: Black Edition
B. The Void
C. Shadowgrounds
D. Haunted Memories
E. Serena
F. The Forgotten Ones

-----------------

26. Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Why am I writing this up? It's Amnesia. It's the game that everyone points to first when someone asks "What's a scary game?" People that have never played it recommend it to people who will buy it and never play it. What am I even doing here?

The truth is, I needed a reason to revisit this one. I'm a terribly jumpy person and genuinely scary games can wear me out good. The first time I played Amnesia, I never even made it to a monster. I knew I needed to give it another go and this was the perfect time to do it. And while I was playing, a thought occurred to me. Amnesia's been around for years at this point. How does it hold up in a post-Alien: Isolation world?

Amnesia casts you, unsurprisingly, as an amnesiac in a drafty old castle back in the 1800s. You soon find a missive from yourself, assuring you that you didn't want those memories anyway and there's someone in the castle you really ought to kill. As you begin exploring the darkened, crumbling halls, you find that there are other residents of the castle that are none too pleased to see you. There's no fighting in this one, it's pure stealth or fleeing. The cornerstone of Amnesia's gameplay, much like Penumbra before it, is sanity. Looking at monsters, seeing freaky things happening, and being in the dark make you lose sanity. Of course, if you stand there in front of a torch, the things that want to turn your insides into outsides will have an easy time spotting you. Encounters with monsters are all about balancing your stealthy skulking against your dwindling sanity, which is only restored by progressing through the game. It's a finite resource system like food in Lone Survivor, and works to layer urgency on top of your horror. I must admit it's a bit of a bother here though, because it puts some irritating visual effects on you when it gets terribly low.

The sanity effects are about the only misstep in the aesthetics, though. The graphics still hold up and manage to be rich and varied while still maintaining the dark, oppressive atmosphere. The level design is simple but effective, sending you through lavish halls and crumbling cellars and stranger places still, pacing out the frights and creatures. The big standout here though is the sound design. There is a lot more going on here than in most games, with your character making all sorts of breathing sounds and whimpers, footsteps for everyone being accurate to the surface that produces them, and even light sources making their own realistic ambient sounds. The castle itself is full of creepy sounds as well, most being apropos of nothing, but that just makes it all the more effective when it DOES signal something.

I was very pleased with the pacing of the game, and found it had little to no contrivances to get you where it wanted you to be. Enemy encounters are infrequent enough to keep you on edge when they're not around, and absolutely terrify you when they are. Dealing with them is obviously less involved than in Alien: Isolation but much more free-form than, say, Outlast. I could see some of the terror being lost if you have to repeat certain sections a few times, but the game is balanced well enough with pacing and items that it shouldn't be a concern unless you're really trying to pull back the curtain for yourself.

To my surprise, I found myself getting scared more often with this than in Alien. For me, Alien is much more about constant tension and the battle of wits with the xenomorph, whereas Amnesia is more about the terror of being helpless and confused. Not many games have managed to pull off the powerless protagonist angle without it becoming grating, but Amnesia owns it. Simple sounds and sudden visual effects will chill you to the bone, not as cheap jump scares but as payoffs to the incredible atmosphere the game maintains at all times. I feel confident in saying that no matter how far the genre progresses, Amnesia will always have a place of honor among the games that truly terrify.

Now, since I probably just told you a bunch of stuff you already know, let's talk real quick about a few games you might not know or may have forgotten. That's right, it's time for another :spooky: BONUS ROUND :spooky:

G. Blood

The transitional period from 2D to 3D FPSes saw all sorts of colorful creations, and Blood is one that deserves more recognition than it got. Rising from the grave to wreak bloody vengeance on the cult that murdered you, Blood is an ultraviolent love letter to the entire horror genre. Along with the endless nods and references you'll be treated to a fantastic variety of weapons like flare guns and dynamite to use across all manner of levels, including a cursed carnival and a runaway train. Be warned that this one is HARD, harder than you would expect from its contemporaries. Levels feature lots of ambushes with brutal enemies, so using your whole arsenal (and explosives in particular) to their fullest is a must. It's a different take on classic FPSes and tonally perfect for the Halloween season.

H. Shadows: Price For Our Sins

Remember when I said I have a weakness for hidden object games? Well, this one is why. It's not the best (honestly Infected was probably better) but it's Halloween-themed out the rear end and charming in its own way. The graphics are good, there's a ton of puzzles and item searches, and the story is just the right kind of cheesy. The item searches can be a little trying at times, but if you can score this one for cheap it's a worthy entry in the object-clicking timewaster genre.

I. Anodyne

I'm pretty sure I just heard someone shout WHAT THE gently caress over the internet but bear with me for a second here. Anodyne is a retro-looking adventure game that plays like Zelda, but has you exploring a dreamlike world in search of meaning. It turns out to be a pretty hosed up dream world in a lot of ways, and I found myself considerably creeped out by some of the things I encountered. It's a good game in its own right, with some cool level design and puzzling dungeons to overcome. Combat isn't a major focus, allowing you to enjoy the ride and explore the bizarre little world to its fullest. If you like your games weird and retro, I strongly recommend it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Piggybacking off of him,

The Steam 100: i could have stopped at any time. why didn't i

I played AAA games, I played indie games, and then I played even indier games like these

Ether One (Story/Puzzle) - If you played Gone Home and liked it, Ether One is right up your alley. In addition to offering a much larger world to explore, there are (COMPLETELY OPTIONAL) puzzles all over the place that unlock additional audio logs. You are diving into someone's memory and learning about their life, as well as learning about the situation your player character is in as well. If you choose not to solve puzzles, the game is essentially a walking sim where you find a certain number of ribbons in each area to unlock a flashback that you can explore, which then unlocks the next area. The puzzles are sometimes of the Myst variety, sometimes of the "are you doing your homework here" variety, and some are more adventure game-y. Excellent game that unfortunately derails into a very typical "AAA game" plot twist in a way that felt very forced. But for a game of this type you can't do a whole lot better, in my opinion.

Papo & Yo (Platformer) - The genre is hard to describe. It is a platformer but it's also a game where you lead a giant creature around to solve puzzles, and you also have a robot friend to solve puzzles with. There are chalk drawings you can interact with that cause entire houses to get up and walk around. The story is one of the most hamfisted metaphors that you'll ever see, but don't worry about it too much. It's a short and sweet and somewhat dark game (contrasted with the shining, if downtrodden, setting).

Defender's Quest (Tower Defense) - There are too many indie games in every genre, so for someone like me I'm looking for amenities, briskness, and immediate enjoyment, which is hard to get out of a typically slow and methodical genre like TD. Defender's Quest offers all of it. Your 'towers' are RPG characters that level up over the course of the campaign. You use essentially mana to place heroes, upgrade them, move them, as well as having combat abilities of your own. Right off the bat the game is enjoyable, but what puts it at the next level is the ability to slow down or fast forward the game by up to 4x the speed, respectively. As well as allowing you to choose a difficulty level before every mission.

The Fall (Adventure) - This one is cool. It's a point n click adventure, except it's a side-scroller with Blackthorne-influenced cover shooting. You control the AI of a human's combat suit, and the human has lost consciousness and needs medical attention, so the AI takes control of the body. Because it's an AI (that slowly starts to defect), it both responds to problems logically and behaves with other characters in an extremely cold, logical manner. Something to note is that it's part of a planned trilogy, so the game ends on a cliffhanger.

A Story About My Uncle (Platformer) - Not enough games about grapple hooks. A Story About My Uncle is a game purely about grappling, jet boot thrusting, and long jumping. It is almost like a fully realized game born of the old jump/surf maps from first person shooters of old. Seems like it would be great for speedrunning. There is also a story (it is narrated like a bedtime story) but that's not all that critical. The game has a pretty steep difficulty curve but the checkpoints are pretty generous for the most part, forcing you only to replay maybe 10-15 seconds of progress.

Chronology (Puzzle Platformer) - A platformer where you hop back and forth between past and future to make your way through the game. Go into the past and place a seed somewhere, then hop into the future and climb the tree where it sprouted. This is a game where you'll jump, flip time periods, and land. But you're not doing ridiculous acrobatics like Guacamelee. Its main drawback if you consider it one, is that the game is maybe 2-3 hours long at most. Almost like a 90s shareware game. At least it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Little Inferno (Toy??) - This is the most addictive... art installation?? You'll ever play. You just burn poo poo, and burning stuff gives you coins which you use to buy new stuff to burn. Burning certain combos of items earns progress towards unlocking the next catalog of items. Each item burns differently, often with unique sounds and animations and physics. The weirdest thing is, the end of the game completely changes genre to a point n click, with dialogue tree conversations. Very strange, but I couldn't put it down.

The Cat Lady (Adventure) - Another side-scrolling adventure, with odd, break, surreal photo-like imagery. You play a suicidal woman who takes her own life, only to be brought back to life by The Queen of Maggots and given immortality. She is tasked with killing multiple horrendous people. You'll die a few times but it'll be okay because you just come right back. Very graphic content, quite disturbing, and probably not a good idea to play this game if you actually suffer from depression or don't want to feel down. Nice thing about being side-scrolling is you don't have to pixel-hunt for items, you just walk in front of them and the text pops up.

Tiny Barbarian DX (Retro Platformer) - A throwback game that is not on the level of Shovel Knight but is still passably entertaining. It feels like the kind of platformer you played in the arcade, like Magic Sword or Black Tiger. You have a button that does nothing other than allow your character to flex his muscles. Cool thing about Tiny Barbarian is that the developer is adding free content to the game. It's not early access, the developer is just adding, essentially, expansion packs in the form of Episodes, for free. Each campaign is maybe an hour in length like an arcade game, which is intentional.

Detective Case & Clown Bot (Adventure) - ANOTHER side-scrolling adventure (what the gently caress!!!) that has an odd euro-illustration look. English is not the first language, unfortunately, so the humor in the game is entirely terrible. Otherwise, it's a decent game. You accuse people Phoenix Wright style, the game has an "audience" that applauds/laughs at events in the game. I got this in a bundle but I don't know that I'd recommend it separately.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Quest For Glory II posted:

Tiny Barbarian DX (Retro Platformer) - A throwback game that is not on the level of Shovel Knight but is still passably entertaining. It feels like the kind of platformer you played in the arcade, like Magic Sword or Black Tiger. You have a button that does nothing other than allow your character to flex his muscles. Cool thing about Tiny Barbarian is that the developer is adding free content to the game. It's not early access, the developer is just adding, essentially, expansion packs in the form of Episodes, for free. Each campaign is maybe an hour in length like an arcade game, which is intentional.

Not only is there a dedicated button for flexing, you can actually hurt enemies with your flexing. There's even an achievement for it! Man I love that game.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
I bought a couple of games on GMG and got two vouchers for X3: Reunion and one for Papo & Yo. Any good?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I just want to say that I played way more of Alien: Isolation to the point of unlocking all the toys and it absolutely owns.

In the end it's good that it has android and human sections for variety and all 3 'factions' interact with one another when they meet.

It's not a combat-based game but they made combat elements still satisfying (that loving shotgun).

It stays intense and atmospheric (I think I'm in 3/4 of it) and the environmnets are always incredibly gorgeous. The protagonist is also a badass engineer woman which is refreshing for the medium.

The level design isn't as linear as it seems at first because you can use alternate routes and backtrack through transport hubs to the levels you've already been to in order to unlock doors you weren't able to earlier. It's not an open game but it's way less linear than Bioshocks for example.

Overall this title kicks major rear end. Additionally people who are fans of the movie will absolutely poo poo their pants when they get to see some of the locations. I can't believe it took contracting an RTS studio to develop a worthy next-gen Alien game.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

TheNintenGenius posted:

Not only is there a dedicated button for flexing, you can actually hurt enemies with your flexing. There's even an achievement for it! Man I love that game.

It was in a bundle around the time Shovel Knight came out, so I think a lot of people judge it more harshly in comparison, but it's a solid title for sure

Any game arcade game where you can do battle on the title screen, it's a good sign

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Palpek are you getting paid by Sega to pimp that game?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yes, I need to come clean here that SEGA approached me and offered to make my Sonic fanfic a reality if I pimp their games.

I keep talking about that game because it was an underdog and came out in the shadow of the terrible Colonial Marines fiasco and even I was sceptical about it but it really defends itself on its own. Also a few of the major game review sites like IGN gave it mediocre scores while they gushed over Bioshock Infinite or whatever which is really unfair and just shows how idiotic game journalists are.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
We're onto you, Zoe.

Anyway, is there much replay value to be had with that? I've heard there's 'challenges' and stuff but does that just plonk you into a room with an alien or is it a bit more complicated?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CJacobs posted:

Some would say it's because the haters don't "get it" much like with Killer7, but actually it's just a really divisive game by nature. Like Killer7!

Killer Is Dead is awful. The combat is primitive and tedious, the story wants to be weird like Killer7 but instead is just poorly written and completely meaningless, and the art style is too washed out to look good. It's not a divisive game, it's just bad. Don't put it in the same category as Killer7.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well I mean I think Killer7 is garbage and Killer is Dead is alright at best so I'm not really the right person to say that to. As far as I'm concerned they belong in the same category, and that category is "bad video games".

edit: But I can see how other people could like them better, I'm not saying they are objectively bad or anything.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 27, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I agree that Killer7 is a bad game, actually. It's not fun to play. But it at least has a good story.

KiD has nothing going for it at all, apart from being made by people who really wanted to make Killer7 but with swords and failing completely.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Palpek posted:

Yes, I need to come clean here that SEGA approached me and offered to make my Sonic fanfic a reality if I pimp their games.

It's not about Alien Isolation, it's about Ethics in video game journalism :v:

quote:

I keep talking about that game because it was an underdog and came out in the shadow of the terrible Colonial Marines fiasco and even I was sceptical about it but it really defends itself on its own. Also a few of the major game review sites like IGN gave it mediocre scores while they gushed over Bioshock Infinite or whatever which is really unfair and just shows how idiotic game journalists are.

I wouldn't say that, I haven't seen a single everyday player say much negative about it other than "AI is weird, atmosphere rules"

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

tithin posted:

I wouldn't say that, I haven't seen a single everyday player say much negative about it other than "AI is weird, atmosphere rules"

Look at you, thinking videogame journalists actually play videogames.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TheNintenGenius posted:

Also, the music is really good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Occultatio posted:

Holy poo poo there are a shitton of Nancy Drew games. I did not know until five minutes ago that there were any Nancy Drew games. Are any of them even remotely any good?

(although the one you posted doesn't seem to actually be on Steam? I wish you would at least make your single-image "a game exists" posts into links or something.)

Can do.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/indie/nancy-drew-alibi-ashes/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There's 17 Nancy Drew games on GMG and 90% of them only cost 1.75€. In an age people just film themselves playing terrible games for the amusement of others, one would think an enterprising goon would be hoarding those and becoming an Internet Celebrity(tm). Ball's on your side of the field, corn in the bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Carry on.

Saoshyant posted:

There's 17 Nancy Drew games on GMG and 90% of them only cost 1.75€. In an age people just film themselves playing terrible games for the amusement of others, one would think an enterprising goon would be hoarding those and becoming an Internet Celebrity(tm). Ball's on your side of the field, corn in the bible.

GMG doesn't let you buy multiples(you can only buy 1 per account) and blocks some regions(:argh:) anyway, so there are roadblocks on this plan to becoming an Internet CelebrityTM.

Also, your post should have ended after 1.75€ because everybody should be rushing to get some of these groundbreaking titles.

• Locked thread