Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

CyberLord XP posted:

Or stuff missing a hull point.

Yeah, fair enough. Nids don't have a lot of ways to do that first HP to an AV14 vehicle, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah there is no rhyme or reason for Pricing on Tyranid MCs. The only giant thing I think that GW got right was the Imperial Knight. It's pretty much super balanced not super indestructible.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
an old high school friend is coming to town and we'd thought itd be fun to play a game of 40k like we used to, itd mostly be old stuff i still have in boxes in the basement plus proxies

this was the list i was thinking of bringing :

3000 pt space marine

Chapter Tactics
Raptors

HQ

Captain
artificer armor, combi melta, metla bombs

w/ command squad
4x veteran with plasma
1 x apotheicary

transport : razorback w/ twin-linked lascannon

Elites (900pts)

Sternguard Veteran Squad x 10 (325pts)
4x combi-meltas 2x heavy flamer

transport : rhino

Sternguard Veteran Squad x 5 (215pts)
3x combi melta, 2x heavy flamer

transport : drop pod w/ locator beacon

Terminator Assault Squad x 8 (360pts)
all with TH/SS

Troops (830pts)

Tactical Squad x 10 (210pts)
w/ flamer, multi-melta, sergeant has combi melta and teleport homer

Tactical Squad x 10 (200pts)
w/ flamer, multi-melta, sergeant has combi melta

Fast Attack (445pts)

Attack Bike Squadron (165pts)
3x Attack Bike w/ Multimelta

Stormtalon Gunship (140pts)
Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked lascannon

Stormtalon Gunship (140pts)
Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked lascannon

Heavy Support (450pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Storm Strike Missile, Twin Linked Assault Cannons, Twin Linked Multi Meltas

Vindicator (125pts)
Demolisher Cannon, Storm Bolter

Vindicator (125pts)
Demolisher Cannon, Storm Bolter

it's probably flier heavy but i figured it be neat to use them since non-forgeworld fliers werent around when we played, basically everything is in their transport other than the terminators which deepstrike close to whatever homing beacon is best.

a cat youtube fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 27, 2014

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

AbusePuppy posted:

Yeah, fair enough. Nids don't have a lot of ways to do that first HP to an AV14 vehicle, though.

Hive Crone seems tailor made for it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You need to edit that down, no one can read that.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
oh god yeah thats a mess

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

raverrn posted:

Hive Crone seems tailor made for it.

Also, electroshock grubs on Hive Tyrants are amazing.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

AbusePuppy posted:

It still needs an 11 on the dice to do anything to av14 with that armorbane, if it's really 12" range then hah.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

Also, electroshock grubs on Hive Tyrants are amazing.

Word. I watched a damaged knight charge a flyrant, eat d3 haywire, die, fall into the next knight and get a 6 on the D chart to explode that one as well.

:frogc00l:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Naramyth posted:

Word. I watched a damaged knight charge a flyrant, eat d3 haywire, die, fall into the next knight and get a 6 on the D chart to explode that one as well.

:frogc00l:

Never had that happen, but I have been murdering orks and dark Eldar with them. Doing hits to units inside open topped transports is brutal.

Still, against AV14 they're practically a must for nids. Of course I fill this need by running a knight with my bugs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've seen the Adamantine Lance Formation get knocked out like Dominoes because of the scatter. That's particularly hilarious.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

I guess that's what it looks like.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
looks crap

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
That looks like a mediocre kitbash.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
looks like a big Lictor that is drunk and has fallen over

also he might be about to vomit

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats awful.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

S3 armorbane can pen AV14 just sayin'

For sure. Glance 5% and Pen 3%

What I'm saying is that this seems a bit OP imo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Go home not-lictor, you're drunk.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
He looks kinda sad.

Like his hormagaunt and ravener buddies all scooted up and he's raising his claw saying "wait for me guys"

"my breath can penetrate open topped vehicles"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
its really not his day

looks like his stepped in nid poop too

poor guy...

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Hollismason posted:

I've seen the Adamantine Lance Formation get knocked out like Dominoes because of the scatter. That's particularly hilarious.

Which is one of the reasons why I think that formation is a trap.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Anyway, what the cover doesn't mention is the third build you can make out of the kit.

The googlycrene.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Model redeemed.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Anyway, what the cover doesn't mention is the third build you can make out of the kit.

The googlycrene.

I have a horrible need to make this now.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

The googlycrene.

Thanks, ordered 5

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hencoe posted:

I honestly do NOT know why I always seem to be the one that likes things others don't. I like this! Would love to see it in size comparison to a marine, but I imagine it is in the Tyranofex size range....

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Ghost Hand posted:

I honestly do NOT know why I always seem to be the one that likes things others don't. I like this! Would love to see it in size comparison to a marine, but I imagine it is in the Tyranofex size range....

Personally, it can go either way, since WD elegantly captures the worst angles most of the time. I can see potential. size wise it looks more exocrine or haruspex instead of tyrannofex. Not as much bulk and that looks like a terminator under its claw.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 27, 2014

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

That looks like a great model to run in a list against my buddy who rarely plays and is really bad, or against a newcomer.

How come everyone else (two other armies) gets MCs with 2+/5++ and 12" movement and Tyranids don't?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

The googlycrene.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I was going to post something and then Moola posted that so I'm going to just bask in the scrunt for awhile.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Master Twig posted:

How come everyone else (two other armies) gets MCs with 2+/5++ and 12" movement and Tyranids don't?

*except Tyranids

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Ghost Hand posted:

I think it looks rad. Honestly, I think the negative reaction has more to do with the disappointing rules rumors than the model's appearance.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

PeterWeller posted:

I think it looks rad. Honestly, I think the negative reaction has more to do with the disappointing rules rumors than the model's appearance.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

That looks like an ice-cream cake.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"Heroic hosed-Up Tiny Wolf Leads Glorious Charge Against Scruntofex"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I think it looks alright! The arms definitely are calling out to be magnetized though. I think introducing new models with the rules packaged in is a great way to go, better than charging an extra few bucks/quid for the dataslate.

I'm wondering if they'll do models (with rules packaged in) for the things they've left out of recent codexes.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Nids, commence your chittering.

So this is probably the nearest we'll get to a Malefactor re-imagining. Personally I'm mostly disappointed we didn't get an assault transport from it like in Epic.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Ugh. I loving hate that "tongue through a closed mouth" thing they do. It looks so stupid

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like it. Cthulhu beasts for life.

The psychic beast sounds neat. You can snipe out dude! Sure it has crappy armor, but it has a 5++! Then you realize to actually use it you need 12 dice for a lvl 2 psyker. It can scare other psyker characters and a wraithknight, but good luck getting it within 24" of anything worth it beyond a plasma gunner or power fist guy.

I know it's a crappy picture of a magazine, but yuck. The other version looks a lot better.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Not to speculate too wildly or anything, but that tentacle creature (which I actually like, especially in that 2nd pic) is standing on a dead Blood Angel. Perhaps they really are coming up in the next month or so.

e: Don't like the psychic creature at all. It's not a great pic, but I can't even really tell what I'm looking at. It just looks like an Exocrine sans cannon.

• Locked thread