Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Something to do with her eyes and super hearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Missandei, what do your elf eyes see?!

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
Missy is way too smart for an 11 year old, and we heard from Leaf that the CotF sometimes travel the lands of men. Her eyes are described similarly to those of the CotF, she's small, she can sneak up on a veteran Kingsguard without even trying...I think there's a good chance she's more than she seems, and a couple of hints point towards CotF. But that's the "small 11 year old" Missandei, not the smokin' hot babe Missandei.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Missandei, what do your elf eyes see?!

The brown sun rises...grass has been shat upon this night! :stare:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Missandei being a CotF is almost as much of a stretch as Varys not being human. Or Coldhands being Benjen. Or that GRRM will ever finish the next book.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Missandei being a CotF is almost as much of a stretch as Varys not being human. Or Coldhands being Benjen. Or that GRRM will ever finish the next book.

Varys is a merman. It is known.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Varys is actually Euron in a Tyler Perry fat suit, sowing discord so he can claim the realm

Also Lord Commander Jaime is actually Tyrion standing on Penny's shoulders like in Scooby Doo except without the tail sticking out so it's a foolproof disguise. Why do you think ole' Jamers never has sex anymore, huh?

Daario isn't Euron he's actually Benjen who saw what was about to happen and nope'd it the gently caress outta there to Braavos

Coldhands = Strong Belwas's Stand power, whose full name is actually Strong Belwas vo Jozhash. Since the show depicted Renly and Loras having gay sex "on screen" they met their quota for homostuff, so they had to cut Belwas

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I was worried when I learned that Bran and Hodor wouldn't be in the next season presumably because there is no more written material for them. This picture confirms without a doubt that the TV show will give us new material. The show is now canon and GRRM will ever be remembered as the guy who wrote it's novelisation. We will have an ending once and for all. There is a God and the universe is just and our torment will come to an end. I am a convert. Goodbye bad thread.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I guess if you try hard enough you can pretend you're unsullied, ZShakespeare.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

visceril posted:

Coldhands = Strong Belwas's Stand power

:laffo:

JoMo's Bizarre Adventure: Part II: Incel Tendancy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gf just finished 5th book someone link most mind blowing conspiracies, tia.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

youtube Preston Jacobs

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

What's mindblowing is the sick burn their Manchurian Candidate threw on them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

KidDynamite posted:

I heard a rumor that grrm is working on a sixth book in secret, but I don't think it's true.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KidDynamite posted:

GRRM and Patrick Rothfuss are having a competition to see who can write the slowest.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

any of you guys playing a game of thrones ascent while you poop? My username is lemoncakes na lemoncakes, and I'm looking for a friend.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

this_is_hard posted:

youtube Preston Jacobs

Yeah this is the good poo poo.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saeka posted:

Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

loving lul

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Evil Fluffy posted:

Having not read any theories about it and only the books, I assumed this is what was gonna happen?

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Honestly, there's not a lot of evidence to support it (and a lot of dialogue to disprove it). Just a theory that a lot of fans cling to in that it'd give us a living, adult Stark.

About as likely as the Benjen = Lollys theory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Or the GRRM = Finishing TWOW theory.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Saeka posted:

About as likely as the Benjen = Lollys theory.

The Starks do seem to have catastrophic retardation in their family, so I could actually believe this.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Joffrey wouldn't piss on your gums…

… If your teeth were on fire.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aurain posted:

Or the GRRM = Finishing TWOW theory.

Lets be honest here. That theory was always presented as a huge joke and only a few weirdos actually give it any credence.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lets be honest here. That theory was always presented as a huge joke and only a few weirdos actually give it any credence.

I'm pretty sure GRRM has heard of this theory too because every once in a while he'll be joking around and mention something that hints at the existence of TWOW, but really all the evidence points to it being complete bunk.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm pretty sure GRRM has heard of this theory too because every once in a while he'll be joking around and mention something that hints at the existence of TWOW, but really all the evidence points to it being complete bunk.

I always assume that when he hears about some fans liking a particular theory he goes out of his way not to do it, even if he'd planned on doing it in the first place. I think this will be the case here.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
So is A World of Ice and Fire going to be worth my time or should I boycott it because he wrote hundreds of pages of that instead of anything worth a god damned mummer's fart

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Every question contains its own answer, COOL CORN.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

COOL CORN posted:

So is A World of Ice and Fire going to be worth my time or should I boycott it because he wrote hundreds of pages of that instead of anything worth a god damned mummer's fart

quit enabling grrm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We should convince him that for every 250 finished and edited by an actual professional pages of The Winds of Winter and future books that get sent to his publisher, he gets to choose one barely legal actress to appear in a sex scene for the show.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's Halloween, i guess:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Toplowtech posted:

It's Halloween, i guess:

:gonk:

Why?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Outstanding. Threadmates, someone should procure a high-quality printout of that image and ensure it is signed by the GURM itself.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Outstanding. Threadmates, someone should procure a high-quality printout of that image and ensure it is signed by the GURM itself.
Here is the whole set if you want more nightmare fuel: http://www.playboy.com/galleries/sexy-pics-george-rr-martin/slide-1

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Toplowtech posted:

Here is the whole set if you want more nightmare fuel: http://www.playboy.com/galleries/sexy-pics-george-rr-martin/slide-1

I think I puked a little in my mouth.

Yup. I can taste the pasta sauce from lunch. That was definitely puke.

I hate this world.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Saeka posted:

Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

you are amazing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Toplowtech posted:

It's Halloween, i guess:

absolute gently caress 'er

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012