Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Storm Shaman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's funny because we're trying to come up with campy sounding names but "Weather Wizard" is already the campiest.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

It's funny because we're trying to come up with campy sounding names but "Weather Wizard" is already the campiest.

I still think 'Jack Flash' is a pretty campy as gently caress name. I don't think that person exists in comics, but it's such a generic powerset of a name that I'm surprised it's not topping the charts.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Drifter posted:

I still think 'Jack Flash' is a pretty campy as gently caress name. I don't think that person exists in comics, but it's such a generic powerset of a name that I'm surprised it's not topping the charts.

Do i need to remind you there is a character called Professor Zoom. I feel he wins campiest super name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

kingcom posted:

Do i need to remind you there is a character called Professor Zoom. I feel he wins campiest super name.

Captain Boomerang, Reverse Flash, the entire rogues' gallery is made up of people who would be the punchline nemesis to any other superhero.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

TGG posted:

Captain Weather?

Captain Climate Control. :yayclod:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

kingcom posted:

It's still better then Professor Doom by a mile.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like his sidekicks, Assistant Professor Zoom, Associate Professor Zoom, Graduate Assistant Zoom, and Instructor Zoom.

Flash Fact: Over 250 people sent in CVs for Zoom's position, and almost all of them were well qualified. If you're afraid to go fast in the real world and want to stay in school for another 2 to 4 years and a doctorate just because you're comfortable there, you should really think again.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xoidanor posted:

Doctor Doom. :eng101:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I keep wondering if we'll get some variation of that guy who showed up early on in Wally's run who could send people to another dimension via his stomach.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kingtheninja posted:

I keep wondering if we'll get some variation of that guy who showed up early on in Wally's run who could send people to another dimension via his stomach.

One of Wally's best friends Chunk?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xoidanor posted:

Doctor Doom is the best supervillain name ever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've recast (or cast?) Linda Park for The Flash

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

I like that CW reuse actors from their other shows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Shitshitshit, Grant and Danielle have chemistry... quick, hire someone else as a love interest, maybe we can abort this before the 'shippers get ahold of it!"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

If that was the case, casting Wally West's future wife seems to be a...poor...tactic.

I doubt it's going to be a big ol' romance thing, and she seems to have more to do with Iris' storyline, so I'm excited for this.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I've really liked Malese Jow since she was on Vampire Diaries so I'm happy to see the CW recycling her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neither of Barry's love interests being white has to be pretty drat rare.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Are we not counting Felicity? Also, again, jumping the gun a bit on the "love interest" thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Are we not counting Felicity? Also, again, jumping the gun a bit on the "love interest" thing.

It's in the article.

Also yes, I'm not realistically counting a character from another show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Nah, Felicity is never going to work out, they're on two different shows.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Felicity and Barry's situation is really just shippers passing in the night. No real, lasting connection can ever be made.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

"Shitshitshit, Grant and Danielle have chemistry... quick, hire someone else as a love interest, maybe we can abort this before the 'shippers get ahold of it!"

Yeah I mean right now, Caitlin and Barry look like they'd make the best couple. And the whole Iris thing is always gonna be sort of creepy and I don't really think they should go that way.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

muscles like this? posted:

It'll be like when Cordelia ended up on Angel.

She does have the name of a Firestorm character, after all...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caitlin stuff is going to get kind of awkward in a month or so when Ronnie comes back.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Ronnie comes back just in time to see them boinking, while "Radioactive" plays in the background. And that's his supervillain origin. Actually I think every CW show should have someone discovering their recent ex loving their best friend while radioactive plays.

greatn fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 28, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

muscles like this? posted:

Was this supposed to be narrated in my mind by Comic Book Guy? Because it was. And I thought that they've been slowly bringing Barry & Caitlin to have some sort of romance.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

bobkatt013 posted:

One of Wally's best friends Chunk?

Yes! I couldn't think of his name, and he was a bad guy for like, an issue right? He could be another villain turned teammate :v:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Was this supposed to be narrated in my mind by Comic Book Guy? Because it was. And I thought that they've been slowly bringing Barry & Caitlin to have some sort of romance.

It's all a slow burn to have Flash have to go on more than one date at the same time in that old sitcom cliche. Except because this is Flash it will be seven dates instead of two.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

greatn posted:

Maybe Ronnie comes back just in time to see them boinking, while "Radioactive" plays in the background. And that's his supervillain origin. Actually I think every CW show should have someone discovering their recent ex loving their best friend while radioactive plays.

I think this is a reference to something, but Radioactive is a great song so I don't care.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kingtheninja posted:

Yes! I couldn't think of his name, and he was a bad guy for like, an issue right? He could be another villain turned teammate :v:

I honestly can't remember if he was ever being a bad guy on purpose.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Solaris Knight posted:

I think this is a reference to something, but Radioactive is a great song so I don't care.

He's mocking the trope of being exposed to radiation as well as a traumatic event that causes the transformation to being a superhero/villain.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Well yeah I figured THAT out, but I thought there was more to the joke.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

He's mocking the trope of being exposed to radiation as well as a traumatic event that causes the transformation to being a superhero/villain.

Also they played that song when Ollie had sex with Laurel and Merlyn walked up on the street and saw them through the window. I just think it would be funny if it happened all the time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

Also they played that song when Ollie had sex with Laurel and Merlyn walked up on the street and saw them through the window. I just think it would be funny if it happened all the time.

Was THAT the song? Ahaha. What a dumb thing. :laugh:

Tommy's such a perv.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

greatn posted:

I think it was Demons, but same band, so close enough.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm pretty sure that that song as been on every CW show since it's release. To be fair the song is pretty much tailor made for the CW.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

greatn posted:

I figure this, except it will be a song that references a fire going out, or some kind of fire/ice conflict

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Theme song to Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I figure this, except it will be a song that references a fire going out, or some kind of fire/ice conflict

Katy Perry's "Hot & Cold"?

• Locked thread