Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

KaneTW posted:

I don't think my staff qualifies but I can refer you to people who are into that kind of stuff... for a price.

I always show up to a Full Party w/ ([Galvanize]) in my wallet pocket... just in case...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Belzac posted:

You get it from catching every big fish in the game. Unless you're dumb like me, it's gonna take you a good long time.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Not planning on getting it anytime soon, I only went for the supra since it was my only one left and it meant I could dump the forager's rod on my retainer.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

zolthorg posted:

Circle of Scorn is off the global cooldown yes :eng99:

And its getting an enmity buff.

Servers are down and I want nothing more than to play.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smornstein posted:

Spent a couple allied seals last night to get the rest of the Wyrm's set and got used to the DRG rotation again so hopefully it won't be terrible now!

DRG rotation is pretty easy. HT>CT combo>Ph>FT combo>HT>FT>Ph>CT>HT>FT>Ph>FT>repeat

Throw in a cooldown between each if it's open. Never double cooldown between GCDs.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Athenry posted:

And its getting an enmity buff.

Servers are down and I want nothing more than to play.

I want to shoot mans with fire and the servers are down and my soul is dying.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

orange juche posted:

Yeah I kinda stopped using that in my rotation because I did better damage and threat generation by just hitting flash again and starting the rotation over.

You have threat generation problems?

You are actually using shield oath, right? How bad are people at PLD?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Never double cooldown between GCDs.

There are a select few off-GCDs that I am fairly sure you can double up on and not lose any time on the next GCD. Any two of Leg Sweep, Blood for Blood, Internal Release, Mercy Stroke, and maaaaybe the two Surges can fit in the inter-GCD window. And this is with i110 skill speed. It's possible you lose a tenth of a second or so, I guess, but if I miss an off-GCD for whatever reason, I'd rather fit two of the fast ones in one window than wait two GCDs.

If this advice is not already wrong and terrible, it certainly will be at i130 levels of skill speed.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

DRG rotation is pretty easy. HT>CT combo>Ph>FT combo>HT>FT>Ph>CT>HT>FT>Ph>FT>repeat

Throw in a cooldown between each if it's open. Never double cooldown between GCDs.

I’ve been doing HT>Ph>CT>FT>HT>Ph>FT>FT>repeat. I’m not sure if this is statistically inferior DPS-wise, but it makes managing Phlebotomize a lot easier since you basically just hit it after every Heavy Thrust. Am I a dumb drg noob?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Have any of you bothered with remote play?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I’ve been doing HT>Ph>CT>FT>HT>Ph>FT>FT>repeat. I’m not sure if this is statistically inferior DPS-wise, but it makes managing Phlebotomize a lot easier since you basically just hit it after every Heavy Thrust. Am I a dumb drg noob?
Move the target bar to the lower half of the screen (or wherever you can see buffs/debuffs easily), change your settings to screen out outside debuffs on the target and then just look at what buff or debuff you have to put up. Priority is HT, CT, Pb, and FT as filler when you don't need to CT, now you know how to drg.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Bland posted:

Heart of the Party is a title

Ah, whoops. Guess that shows I don't really know much about this game even though I've already reached Warrior. Done everything solo and using the duty finder so far. There's so many systems in this game, it can be overwhelming, even considering I came from multiple years of raiding WoW.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

nuru posted:

Have any of you bothered with remote play?

It's decent. I wouldn't do a serious dungeon with it, but for something like crafting or fate grinding it'll do you well.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

orange juche posted:

Yeah I kinda stopped using that in my rotation because I did better damage and threat generation by just hitting flash again and starting the rotation over.

Between this and the Succor thing I think we're going to have to temporarily revoke your advice giving license.

You should be using Circle of Scorn because it's off GCD, which means while it's bad, it's bad and completely free and effortless to use.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Succor is a great spell to cast when bored if only because any shield is better than no shield.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klades posted:

Between this and the Succor thing I think we're going to have to temporarily revoke your advice giving license.

You should be using Circle of Scorn because it's off GCD, which means while it's bad, it's bad and completely free and effortless to use.

And it's pretty!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Am I a dumb drg noob?

Think of Disembowel as a second Heavy Thrust, because it basically is. You want Heavy Thrust up ASAP, so why not ZoidbergDisembowel too?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

notwithoutmyanus posted:

How bad are people at PLD?

The last time I did a random low-level dungeon, I got a GLA who liked to spam Flash against single enemies.

I tried four times to teach him not to, but it never sank in.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Technogeek posted:

The last time I did a random low-level dungeon, I got a GLA who liked to spam Flash against single enemies.

I tried four times to teach him not to, but it never sank in.

In one of my roulettes, we had a war who wouldn't flash. We tried to teach him how it worked, but then he would flash and pull the mobs after.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Boogalo posted:

In one of my roulettes, we had a war who wouldn't flash. We tried to teach him how it worked, but then he would flash and pull the mobs after.

Why distract your enemies with sissy flashes of light when you can get their attention via smashing the earth :black101:?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Boogalo posted:

I had a BLM in AV that didn't use Fire 3 or Blizzard 3. He would cast Fire until he was out, transpose, blizzard until he could transpose again.

I asked him why he wasn't using Fire 3 or Blizzard 3, expecting an answer that left an opening to explain why he should use them. Instead he says "They cost a lot of MP but if you want I'll use them" and he starts to do Fire 3 spam until empty, transpose, Blizzard 3 spam, etc.

So I tell him how Fire 3 and Blizzard 3 work, how he should be using them instead of transposing and Fire I as his main damage.

"ok"

His new rotation: Fire 3 Blizzard 3 Fire 3 Blizzard 3...

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
You guys are lucky, I've yet to see a PLD use flash while leveling my other jobs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The one thing that made me super jealous about warriors is that switching on Defiance is off the GCD, and it doesn't interrupt your combo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you wait until after CT to hit phlebotomize you get the extra buff from disembowel on the DOT ticks. It also lines up perfectly that you only do one GCD between each of your combos. I don't know that it's "wrong" to do it your way. I just know you won't get full buffs on that first one. If you space it out you can have HT, B4B, inner release, and disembowel up for both of your DoTs.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012

Klades posted:

I had a BLM in AV that didn't use Fire 3 or Blizzard 3. He would cast Fire until he was out, transpose, blizzard until he could transpose again.

I asked him why he wasn't using Fire 3 or Blizzard 3, expecting an answer that left an opening to explain why he should use them. Instead he says "They cost a lot of MP but if you want I'll use them" and he starts to do Fire 3 spam until empty, transpose, Blizzard 3 spam, etc.

So I tell him how Fire 3 and Blizzard 3 work, how he should be using them instead of transposing and Fire I as his main damage.

"ok"

This sounds a lot like the 2 Thaumaturges i got in copperbell during low level roulette. Neither of them transposed or would listen to me when i told them to wait for me to hold aggro to begin casting.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Klades posted:

"ok"

Oh man, that seems really easy. Lemme write that down so I can switch to it tomorrow.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

orange juche posted:

Do you even play this game????

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At least you guys didnt get a party that I assume was fully ps3 because none of them talked, the healer prefered to spend all their time lobbing rocks at mobs in sastasha and then they just kept going without me after I sat and left them do whatever they wanted. Saw them keep getting murdered for no reason.

Then I had another group where the healer didnt know how to spot heal so all he did was cast medica till he ran out of mp.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sounds like you were in a party with bots.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
A guy in my pug for one of the starter dungeons got mad at me for spamming blizzard 1 yesterday.

I'm not very good at this video game. :saddowns:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

Alongside this, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything that comes close to 'raider elitism' in the PBC FC chat.

Oh, it's definitely there.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Widestancer posted:

This game is basically the only MMO worth playing seriously right now from what I can see. I've had it installed for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger on a sub yet. If Orange Juche is in on it I might just do that.

come and play FFXIV widestancer there is a scary pumpkin halloween event right now

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you wait until after CT to hit phlebotomize you get the extra buff from disembowel on the DOT ticks. It also lines up perfectly that you only do one GCD between each of your combos. I don't know that it's "wrong" to do it your way. I just know you won't get full buffs on that first one. If you space it out you can have HT, B4B, inner release, and disembowel up for both of your DoTs.

I thought I had read somewhere that debuffs (like disembowel and dragon kick) don't affect DOT damage. Anybody else know if this is true or not?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought I had read somewhere that debuffs (like disembowel and dragon kick) don't affect DOT damage. Anybody else know if this is true or not?

Yeah, I've heard that. The DOT damage isn't aspected as piercing/blunt/whatever so yeah, it doesn't benefit from DK/disembowel.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
So I haven't been paying attention to crafting at all since they added desynthesis and the like in, and even then, I hadn't managed to gear up basically any of my crafters after getting them to 50.

Is there anything in this patch resembling a catch up mechanic for crafting, or should I just resign myself to slogging through the two and three star stuff?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like you were in a party with bots.

This was before instance botting was a thing. Plus, they would actively attempt to kite. Its like all of them were brand loving new to MMOs and didnt know about role dynamics.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Yukari posted:

Yeah, I've heard that. The DOT damage isn't aspected as piercing/blunt/whatever so yeah, it doesn't benefit from DK/disembowel.

Even if this is true Phlebotomize and Chaos Thrust both have front loaded damge in addition to the DoT that is improved by having Disembowel up. Also putting off Phlebotomize until after your CT combo lets refreshing your various abilities line up better in my experience.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you wait until after CT to hit phlebotomize you get the extra buff from disembowel on the DOT ticks.

This is not true dots are not affected by things like Storms Eye, Disembowel, or Dragon kick. Do pleb after anyways because its 170 potency upfront and that is affected by disembowel

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

So since coming back yesterday after quitting in 2.0.. I got my halloween stuff done, unlocked all the hard mode dungeons, started the Hildibrand quests, started continuing the main storyline, unlocked Ixali dailies, gained desynthesis, hunt access, aesthetitican access, and glamour access.

I'm sure I'm still missing a bunch of random poo poo.

So I should be doing hunts and CT as a ilvl 59 BLM or only do hard modes right now?

I plan on leveling up ROG/NIN and possibly changing to that as my main class as well.

Also..I only have 130k..not sure where to start with gaining gil. I have WVR/CRP/GSM/CUL at 50 and the rest at 15-30~ for skills. I have full AF for the 50s (basically aside from materia, I was geared to max for 2.0 crafting).

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Octopode posted:

So I haven't been paying attention to crafting at all since they added desynthesis and the like in, and even then, I hadn't managed to gear up basically any of my crafters after getting them to 50.

Is there anything in this patch resembling a catch up mechanic for crafting, or should I just resign myself to slogging through the two and three star stuff?
There is in the sense that artisan tools required you to personally grind out items when 2.2 dropped while now you can power through the best gear via having tens of millions of gil.

I don't think we'll really see a huge reset until a level cap increase.

edit: I guess if the new masterbooks are locked behind some actually difficult synths that might be a roadblock too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah I thought about that after I posted and couldn't remeber which it was. Regardless it's better for that front 170 potency even if it doesn't change the remaining.

• Locked thread