Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm seriously overwhelmed by the possibilities these new weapons are giving me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Holy gently caress. I don't know what I was expecting to happen challenging Rodin but, uh, it went poorly.

Help?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't get hit.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I did a torture attack on one of the flying dudes and Bayonetta pulls a chainsaw out of nowhere and cuts him in half. :stare:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Holy poo poo, if you use the Fox costume on the final chapter You get an arwing complete with smart bombs and you're pretty much just playing SF64. Once I beat the final boss again we can Tag Climax, Beef Waifu.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Austrian mook posted:

So I did a torture attack on one of the flying dudes and Bayonetta pulls a chainsaw out of nowhere and cuts him in half. :stare:

It's beautiful, isn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Holy poo poo, if you use the Fox costume on the final chapter You get an arwing complete with smart bombs and you're pretty much just playing SF64. Once I beat the final boss again we can Tag Climax, Beef Waifu.

Cool.

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's beautiful, isn't it?

I am so glad they added that Rodin icon, his grinning face is just the funniest thing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

Don't forget to pick up the chainsaw!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pesky Splinter posted:

Grace and Glory? They're real bastards the first time everyone plays. It's possible to beat everyone really, without witch-time. The hardest difficulty actually disables it. It's kinda crazy.

They're not that bad if you come in with a full magic meter since their health is pretty drat low. It's just that they're really fast and hit like a freight train (their arial juggle move takes out about 70% of my health bar).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Austrian mook posted:

They're not that bad if you come in with a full magic meter since their health is pretty drat low. It's just that they're really fast and hit like a freight train (their arial juggle move takes out about 70% of my health bar).

Just wait til you meet Gracious and Glorious. :suicide:

A torture attack on them does about half as much as it does on Grace and Glory, you can't get witch time from dodging and their combos are longer.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So I beat the game and also ended up with 4 game overs in the last 10 minutes because I didn't realize there were a couple qtes in the ending cinematics/post credits. So that's neat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

On the credits now Beef Waifu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You better loving Pure Platinum all of them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

You better loving Pure Platinum all of them.

The lumen sage fight in the credits is loving hard. I'll have to try again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel your pain.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I beat chapter V. Feels good, although my ranks always suck since even though I usually get gold and silver I die lots and always miss the secret fights.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Couple of questions:

1. Is it just me or did they seriously nerf the evil harvest rosary? In Bayo 1 that bomb can one-shot smaller mooks and will stagger basically anything but in Bayo 2 it feels a lot smaller and I'm not noticing significant damage from it.

2. Is the unlock method for Baldar in tag mode seriously just "play until he challenges you, then beat him"? Is there any way to make him more likely to challenge you?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I suck with the chain chomp wow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LanceKing2200 posted:

Couple of questions:

1. Is it just me or did they seriously nerf the evil harvest rosary? In Bayo 1 that bomb can one-shot smaller mooks and will stagger basically anything but in Bayo 2 it feels a lot smaller and I'm not noticing significant damage from it.

2. Is the unlock method for Baldar in tag mode seriously just "play until he challenges you, then beat him"? Is there any way to make him more likely to challenge you?

You're more than likely to get Verse 13 if you do three star missions, but you can still get him to show up without doing it. It's not like it's super rare.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nevermind, Chain Chomp is loving awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay yeah, Rodin's loving bad. I just fought the Lumen Sage with him and even deflecting his attacks wouldn't let me land a solid hit on him.

EDIT: Invite me again, Evil Eagle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Okay yeah, Rodin's loving bad. I just fought the Lumen Sage with him and even deflecting his attacks wouldn't let me land a solid hit on him.

Yeah, that is what i noticed. He just doesn't have any loving mobility. Against high-speed enemies like the Lumen Sage he's just basically worthless. I feel like there's something I'm missing because he's just so aggressively awful.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Gracious and Glorious, on the other hand, are that bad.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Just finished playing through Bayonetta 1 again last night and drat, it's still a magnificent game. It's simply a joy to play. Going to start on Bayonetta 2 tonight.

Was there a way to switch targets in Bayo1 other than releasing the bumper and retargeting? I tried L3, R3, and the right stick to no avail. Occasionally I must have released L by accident because I would suddenly change targets and couldn't switch back, which was pretty annoying when trying to focus down a Grace/Glory.

Also this game appears to have upset my Pro Controller. The right trigger now squeaks when hit in a certain way, which I tend to do when playing this game especially for Panther form. I might have to open it up or something later.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

SurrealityCheck posted:

Kamiya turned up at valve. I hope this means platinum back catalogue appearing on steam, given that Sega allowed Valkyria Chronicles on recently.

Of course Kamiya dresses as a starfleet captain everywhere he goes. Of course he does!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My hubris was our downfall.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

When I saw lumen sage 3 I knew we had lost.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It sucks because I actually know how to fight him, but getting proper footing right away is impossible when he just shows up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Platinum has been at Valve before, like years back. I wouldn't hold my breath for seeing any more Platinum/Sega games on Steam. But I would love to be wrong!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

notZaar posted:

Platinum has been at Valve before, like years back. I wouldn't hold my breath for seeing any more Platinum/Sega games on Steam. But I would love to be wrong!

I still can't believe that some people are wishing on a star that this is going to lead to Bayo 2 on the PC or whatever.

Like Bayo 1 on the PC sure go ahead there's no problem there. I'd hope the Steam version would get special Valve-related costumes though if it ever became a thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Same, Kamiya.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I just got the chainsaws. Attaching them to every part of me is the best idea I've ever had.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hey, Takemizumachi (the Hammer, or as I prefer to call it, the Kanji Tatsumi) is awful right? Or am I missing something?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zelder posted:

Hey, Takemizumachi (the Hammer, or as I prefer to call it, the Kanji Tatsumi) is awful right? Or am I missing something?

It ignores all of those bullshit "stop combo'ing me" shields and is surprisingly good at launching dudes. Pair it up with a speedy weapon and it's probably a better heavy attacker than Chernabog.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to mix the hammer with the whip, because slamming a dude down so I can bring down the hammer feels great.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'll have to keep that in mind. I will say, the weapon choice is much more exciting in Bayonetta 2. In Bayo 1, I only really liked the sword, the claws and bazooka (and the ice skates on the feet, because duh, why would I ever not ice skate everywhere?)

In Bayo 2, the swords, the scythe, the whip, the chainsaws, and even the bow are fun to use. Makes me wish she had 3 sets to choose from, honestly.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011
I love the hammer, it really is a big "gently caress off" to most enemies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAf9HjeZDBs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You kind of have to watch yourself with the hammer and chainsaws or you'll kill too fast and tank your combo rating.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fun games Beef Waifu, but I'm done for now. Also wtf 436177 halos. See you later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah good games, dunno how I lost that last one I coulda sworn I was ahead. Unless you lose when the match ends while you're dead I suppose.

• Locked thread