Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Gamerofthegame posted:

Dudes a wizard-in-training, though. He'll get a dress when he levels up into his proper class.

Cuco strikes me as the sort of magician who'd wear slacks and a *shudder * cape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Cuco strikes me as the sort of magician who'd wear slacks and a *shudder * cape.

Well, if this picture is anything to go by...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Filthy Haiku posted:

Haven forbid anything goes the kid's way.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It could be worse. He could ride around on a segway.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
In which Gigi offers some helpful advice:

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/525783862840803331
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/525787515689508865
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/525789181184716800

themoreyouknow.gif

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"@gigideegee they have an even creepier offsite chat that they were attempting to invite artists to for some reason. :allears:"

We have? Nobody ever tells me anything.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
This is why they need to read the FAQ to the new webcomic thread.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shes' right about one thing

The :allears: smiley is goddamn terrible.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the wildest rear end posted:

I'm actually pretty sure she's right about everything.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:nallears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Are there even any webcomic mock threads left? There was the one in GBS but that one got purged a couple of weeks ago.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Are there even any webcomic mock threads left? There was the one in GBS but that one got purged a couple of weeks ago.

Actually it's here in BSS now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Red Metal posted:

Actually it's here in BSS now.

What a world

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Cat Mattress posted:

"@gigideegee they have an even creepier offsite chat that they were attempting to invite artists to for some reason. :allears:"

We have? Nobody ever tells me anything.

There's an IRC channel attached to the regular, non-mock webcomic thread that's been pretty dormant for years. I think we had a discussion about a year ago about making a new one, which never happened. So, basically, no, as far as I know that's just more nonsense.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

quote:

look, fellow goons!! look who dares to speak ill of US!! of THIS THREAD...!!!

quote:

i love this perfect specimen of Internet Dude who posts religiously in a mock thread but can't handle their own sense of humor being mocked

So how about that "don't touch the poop" rule, eh?

What if... what if we're the poop :tinfoil:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

What if... what if we're the poop :tinfoil:

You say that as if it's shocking news.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
somethingpoopy.com

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She does seem weirdly obsessed about SA though, wonder if someone mocked some webcomicker friend of hers.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Someone mocked some webcomicker friend of hers.

Is it really necessary to state the obvious?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
To be fair, the GBS webcomics thread is incredibly gross, and the regular one isn't really much better.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

To be fair, the GBS webcomics thread is incredibly gross, and the regular one isn't really much better.

Yeah I went and found it and its pretty awful. It boggles my mind how anyone could be mad at an artist for making a kickstarter to provide printed copies of their work. I have an artist friend with a very similar personality to GGDG though, and she would defend her friends right to make terrible art to the grave. So it's likely that one of their critiques fell onto someone in her clique or she just doesn't like their bad art shaming period because she still feels insecure about her own art?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

zolthorg posted:

So it's likely that one of their critiques fell onto someone in her clique or she just doesn't like their bad art shaming period because she still feels insecure about her own art?

Or maybe mock threads are a lovely thing that attract lovely people in and of themselves.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think you'll find that the regular webcomic thread is pretty cool, friend.

As it happens, though, she's probably upset about the recent discussion of Questionable Content in that thread. It ended up being mostly in favor of the comic, actually, but a few people really get mad about it whenever it comes up. And then K.C. Green decided to tweet about it and a few other webcomic artists joined in, so I guess a few of them really are reading SA? It's all kind of weird.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think you'll find that the regular webcomic thread is pretty cool, friend.

I think the regular webcomic thread is suffering a serious case of the golden manbabies.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's because we mock the poo poo out of Aaron Diaz, isn't it?

I... I don't think we ever put Cucumber Quest in the terrible webcomics thread, did we?

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Look at all this discussion, of twitter drama

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

I... I don't think we ever put Cucumber Quest in the terrible webcomics thread, did we?

The terrible webcomic thread has mocked CQ several times, and I believe is doing so right at this moment, as a result of the tweets.

I legitimately have no idea how anyone, anywhere could ever hate Cucumber Quest. That requires some serious dedication to hating. Maybe if you hate a little each day you can build up some kind of hate-muscles that eventually allow you to hate really good things?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Hating Cucumber Quest feels like kicking a very cute and fashionable puppy.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I'll be real, I regularly post in the Political Cartoon thread in D&D, which is for all intents and purposes a mock thread 99% of the time and it probably indicates I'm a hosed up person on some level. Like, I spend my free time seeking out things to get kind of upset about, then post with other upset people about how stupid it is. I enjoy it, but I'm not going to act like it's a normal or entirely understandable thing to do.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

The terrible webcomic thread has mocked CQ several times, and I believe is doing so right at this moment, as a result of the tweets.

I legitimately have no idea how anyone, anywhere could ever hate Cucumber Quest. That requires some serious dedication to hating. Maybe if you hate a little each day you can build up some kind of hate-muscles that eventually allow you to hate really good things?

The worst thing the mock thread has done to CQ is copy/paste Jerkcity dialogue into its bubbles and call it boring, which it occasionally is.

Gigi makes a cute comic but she's got a persecution complex big enough to bring the tides in.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 28, 2014

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Speaking of edits, what happened to the "I am the Master of Time!" ones?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Oxxidation posted:

Gigi makes a cute comic but she's got a persecution complex big enough to bring the tides in.

Huh, I thought she was relatively well adjusted for a webcomic author/artist.

Oh well. At least she doesn't see what 4chan/Reddit do to her comics.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Oxxidation posted:

I don't really blame her for being apprehensive, considering how so many people did (and probably still do) demand she continue her MGS/AA/Persona comics.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

leather fedora posted:

I don't really blame her for being apprehensive, considering how so many people did (and probably still do) demand she continue her MGS/AA/Persona comics.
Yeah, being in that close contact with a hyperactive Tumblr community for so long, ones that demand she stop working in her actual passion project that's making her money so that she has more time for some fan nonsense she did a few years ago? That would make anyone a little... apprehensive, yeah.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Huh, I thought she was relatively well adjusted for a webcomic author/artist.

Oh well. At least she doesn't see what 4chan/Reddit do to her comics.

Oh, she does. She regularly postst "don't go to 4chan" as well.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I don't think it's necessary to have a rehash of the badthread talk that went down in the lessbadthread, but I honestly don't think you need to have a persecution complex or a personal investment in the people being made fun of to think that the badthread is lovely. There's "not liking things", there's "making fun of things I don't like" (I really dig those zen pencils with dril tweets on them), and then there's just being bitter, petty and toxic. badthread has all three! lessbadthread too, but less!

maybe the people in the mockthread... can't handle being mocked... really makes you think...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The best thing that can happen would be if creators just ignored the bad thread and the bad thread didn't engage the creators but this is the internet so that might never happen.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

RandomPauI posted:

The best thing that can happen would be if creators just ignored the bad thread and the bad thread didn't engage the creators but this is the internet so that might never happen.

No the best thing that could happen is if the bad thread posters ignored the bad thread.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The idea that thinking goons are poo poo means you have some Tumblr-induced persecution complex is hilariously dumb.

Kikas posted:

Oh, she does. She regularly postst "don't go to 4chan" as well.

Sound advice all around, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cucumber Quest is at its worst still pretty decent and the mock thread mostly stays away from it as a result; the most scathing criticism I can remember seeing of it there before Gigi got really mad about it on Twitter (excluding posts about Gigi getting really mad about things on Twitter) was along the lines of "goons only like it because they like bright colors and video game references" which is pretty tame :shrug: