Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
I need to pick up a slew of Wii U Pro controllers for a project and was curious if anyone in here knows of any good deals floating around out there?

Edit: Aw poop, new page. Here's some content:

I like the Wii U and playing games on the Wii U. The Wii U is a good system with good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

New Super Mario Bros is a fun co-op game too but it needs a giant disclaimer on the cover- you need to own two wiimotes to actually play together. the gamepad is inexplicably only used for placing temporary blocks in co-op modes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

I just beat SM3DW :getin:

Or the first 8 Worlds, at least

Real SM3DW starts here.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

nolen posted:

I need to pick up a slew of Wii U Pro controllers for a project and was curious if anyone in here knows of any good deals floating around out there.

Depending on how many you need, the best bet it probably playasia.com, they have black ones for 37.99 and white ones for 39.99. But they ship from Asia, so it'll take a while and shipping will be expensive, but depending on the volume you are buying, it may be the cheapest way.

Edit: Nevermind. A seller on Amazon has $40 white Japanese ones with prime shipping, but there are only 7 left in stock.

Edit 2: Sorry about the mobile site, I'm on my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009AP2518/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1414454774&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40

Fremry fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 28, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

nolen posted:

I need to pick up a slew of Wii U Pro controllers for a project and was curious if anyone in here knows of any good deals floating around out there?

Edit: Aw poop, new page. Here's some content:

I like the Wii U and playing games on the Wii U. The Wii U is a good system with good games.

Your first post had plenty of content though? I've been seeing this lately, is there a new rule where you have to post better than normal if you kick off a page or is this something from some other forum?

e: Also check Nintendo's online store. They may have refurbished ones, I'm not sure.

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.

Soul Glo posted:

Your first post had plenty of content though? I've been seeing this lately, is there a new rule where you have to post better than normal if you kick off a page or is this something from some other forum?

e: Also check Nintendo's online store. They may have refurbished ones, I'm not sure.

No rule that I've been told. I am just being silly.

I checked their refurb section and so far it's just nunchuks and remotes. I'll probably just swing by a local game resell shop or buy from Amazon. Thanks though!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Not only is it not a rule, but you can choose how many posts show per page (5, 10, 20, 30, 40 or "forum default"). So the "top of the page" may happen more often or not based on what you've chosen. Forum default is 40.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

No

if anything i aspire to low content posts that make no sense without context for the first post

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Cake Attack posted:

No

if anything i aspire to low content posts that make no sense without context for the first post

thats good, in this goons opinion.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sdoots posted:

Her clothing?

That's her loving hair. And she's beating poo poo up with her hair. HAIR BASED COMBAT.

*Pushes rims of glasses*
Actually she's not beating stuff with her hair. She uses portals to summon creatures from hell to attack for her. The giant arms and legs she uses for her standard weaves belong to the demon she struck a deal with to gain her witch powers. The hair is used to "trap" the demons and make sure they don't leave hell and wreak havoc. That's why Bayonetta has chains in her hair.

:nerd:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why do the demons wear high heels

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Regy Rusty posted:

Because they're fabulous.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Regy Rusty posted:

I've heard they're hell on your feet.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ImpAtom posted:

No, Nintendo does not have Crossbuy.
This is among the biggest changes I'd like to see made to Nintendo's eShop setup. It's certainly possible - Squids Odyssey actually has cross-buy, although that's only in Europe and only works one way (Wii U to 3DS, I think?). NoE seems to be kind of ahead of the curve in that regard. They kind of seem to be ahead of the curve in multiple regards, really (although it's unfortunate that C. Toad is not among those).

Honestly, if the NES VC had cross-buy and used cloud saves to allow you to start your game from either system, that would easily be enough to make those titles worth paying for, in my eyes.

Suspicious Cook posted:

for gently caress's sakes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Suspicious Cook posted:

Oh my gosh.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

irlZaphod posted:

I just beat SM3DW :getin:

Or the first 8 Worlds, at least

So, you've just started playing SM3DW, then.

Have fun with Champion's Road.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

RyokoTK posted:

So, you've just started playing SM3DW, then.

Have fun with Champion's Road.

the mystery marathon level really isn't much better, from what i played of it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Austrian mook posted:

the mystery marathon level really isn't much better, from what i played of it.

The difference with Mystery House Marathon is that once you figure out how to do a room once, you should be able to do it every time. I still have yet to finish Champion's Road with all five characters because it's just a loving hard level.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

RyokoTK posted:

The difference with Mystery House Marathon is that once you figure out how to do a room once, you should be able to do it every time.

:smith:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

RyokoTK posted:

The difference with Mystery House Marathon is that once you figure out how to do a room once, you should be able to do it every time. I still have yet to finish Champion's Road with all five characters because it's just a loving hard level.

The Part Where I Link The Videos Of Me Beating It With All The Characters And No Powerups While Posting The Smug Emote And The Text "haha"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

You gave a good answer, my friend

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm playing 3d land at the moment, and the cosmic clone levels can eat all of the dicks. Also, as I assume 3d world has largely the same moveset, what the hell is the rolling long jump useful for? The long jump, backflip, and side somersault have all been majorly nerfed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm playing 3d land at the moment, and the cosmic clone levels can eat all of the dicks. Also, as I assume 3d world has largely the same moveset, what the hell is the rolling long jump useful for? The long jump, backflip, and side somersault have all been majorly nerfed.

Wait till you try the cosmic clone levels with flip panels :shepface:.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
On the topic of casual gamer partners and games to play with them:

New Super Mario Bros U - you do need two wiimotes, but the game is a blast. It's a coop game, but an rear end in a top hat coop game. You can very easily get in the way/jump on/etc your partner. My gf and I played the entire game together and we had a great time.

Mario Kart 8 - everyone likes Mario Kart and if they don't it's probably because they've never played a MK game before. It's easy to learn and fun to play!

Mario 3D World - my gf and I have only just begun this, we a few worlds in and it's fun. I'm hesitant to say that so far I think NSMBU is a better game without finishing 3D World, but that's the direction I'm leaning now (Neither one of us have ever been into 3D Mario games...). However, CAPTAIN TOAD! CP is a mini game sorta thing in 3D World in which you control Toad and navigate a course to collect stars. There's no jumping but you can spin the camera all around. I'm bad at finding the path and my gf hates controlling characters and cameras in games, so we are having a good time with it. She gets to look at the course and the path pops out to her and I enjoy controlling Toad so she tells me where I need to go and it's great.

The Wii U is just great for casual gaming partners. Stay away from Donkey King Tropical Freeze. It's a loving excellent game and you would probably love it solo, but it's a nightmare to coop.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
You'll be happy to find out there's a Captain Toad standalone title coming out, and it's co-op I believe. Also I had no problem playing a little drop in co-op with Donkey Kong but most of the later levels are better alone. It makes the boss fights much better, however and it's the best game of all time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't think Captain Toad is co-op but it probably should be.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't think Captain Toad is co-op but it probably should be.

It's not? What was the deal with the Toadette announcement then?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Austrian mook posted:

It's not? What was the deal with the Toadette announcement then?

Alternate player character.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
She's playable at some point but not as a co-op partner.

They announced Amiibo support, too, but I can't imagine what they'd add aside from new levels or something, unless they only import ROB or G&W or some other gimped character that might feasibly suck as much as Captain Toad.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 28, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

She's playable at some point but not as a co-op partner.

They announced Amiibo support, too, but I can't imagine what they'd add aside from new levels or something, unless they only upport ROB or G&W or some other gimped character that might feasibly suck as much as Captain Toad.

Captain Toad doesn't suck, he's just can't jump with that heavy backpack on :colbert:.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Captain Toad doesn't suck, he's just can't jump with that heavy backpack on :colbert:.

He chose his backpack over his girlfriend/sister/mother/whatever, he's a jerk.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

if you think about it he is actually very strong to be able to carry the backpack. powerful

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Fremry posted:

Not only is it not a rule, but you can choose how many posts show per page (5, 10, 20, 30, 40 or "forum default"). So the "top of the page" may happen more often or not based on what you've chosen. Forum default is 40.

These people are literal Hitlers and need no consideration.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Austrian mook posted:

You'll be happy to find out there's a Captain Toad standalone title coming out, and it's co-op I believe. Also I had no problem playing a little drop in co-op with Donkey Kong but most of the later levels are better alone. It makes the boss fights much better, however and it's the best game of all time.

I am finding that Tropical Freeze is definitely pretty good!

But "best of all time" is nowhere near accurate, sorry Austrian mook :shobon:
(That title either belongs to Super Meat Boy for challenging platformers or Super Mario Galaxy 2 for overall proficiency)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

RyokoTK posted:

I am finding that Tropical Freeze is definitely pretty good!

But "best of all time" is nowhere near accurate, sorry Austrian mook :shobon:
(That title either belongs to Super Meat Boy for challenging platformers or Super Mario Galaxy 2 for overall proficiency)

They took DKC Returns (the best game on the Wii) and removed the shake to roll thing and brought in David Wise. It's perfect.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. If we end up picking up the console we'll probably pick up Mario Kart 8 + Mario 3D World. Would Tropical Freeze appeal to the super-casual gamer, or is the difficulty level on par with the DKC SNES games that I rage-quit on back in childhood?

CatsPajamas posted:

Apparently a lot of people have said co-op Hyrule Warriors is awesome. The controls are easy to understand, but it depends on if your wife would be interesting in stabbing literally thousands of dudes.
Hyrule Warriors might be a tougher sell. I'd probably buy it, but the cutesier the and more colourful the graphics, the more likely it is my wife will join in on the game. If Hyrule Warriors had cats or something she'd be guaranteed to play it.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 28, 2014

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

if you think about it he is actually very strong to be able to carry the backpack. powerful
Finally, a strong mushroom protagonist.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Zelda is pretty cute and colorful in Hyrule Warriors.

Her rapier is made of fairies.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Midna is sort of a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty