Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

chumbler posted:

You kind of have to watch yourself with the hammer and chainsaws or you'll kill too fast and tank your combo rating.

I haven't really had this problem, but if it's a part of the game where you can knock enemies off the stage I've found that whip feet help tremendously so you can grab and pull em back towards you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

You kind of have to watch yourself with the hammer and chainsaws or you'll kill too fast and tank your combo rating.

That's definitely a thing that happens, but it's offset by the fact that skating around on chainsaws and beating people to death with a hammer is cool as gently caress.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Play Tag Climax for Halos everyone. It's way more fun than grinding on the mech stage or whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just as good, for whatever reason I started operating on auto-pilot near the end there so I need to get back to collecting one more Witch Heart and two more Moon Pearls.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
How do you dodge the 2nd bosses punch move? Nothing seems to be working.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
A quick question about weapons: I just picked up Alarune, but the last weapon I got before that were those fire and ice gauntlets. I have pieces of like three different LPs. Have I missed something?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Almost Smart posted:

A quick question about weapons: I just picked up Alarune, but the last weapon I got before that were those fire and ice gauntlets. I have pieces of like three different LPs. Have I missed something?

A lot of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1fTzPCWkE

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Anybody tried playing this on the gamepad screen? I wouldn't mind some Bayonetta in bed (heheheheheheh) but I would think it might be a bit too frantic for that.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Almost Smart posted:

You've missed everything. When you find a piece of an LP, the other pieces are always in that same stage. You have some more hunting to do. (You don't have to recollect the ones you have when you go back in.)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rocketlex posted:

When you find a piece of an LP, the other pieces are always in that same stage.

I think the third piece of Takemikazuchi was in the following stage, wasn't it?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Please for the love of god tell me Snake Within is only used in that one stage.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is 2nd Climax the same difficulty as Bayonetta 1's Normal?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cool. I'll start on that and bump up in the next playthrough.

I just noticed that whatever muscle in my arm that is responsible for moving my thumb is pretty sore from playing Bayonetta 1.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dammn this game is actually pretty good. Like every game I have is poo poo compared to this. gently caress I'm still on bayo 1 too.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 28, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is 2nd Climax the same difficulty as Bayonetta 1's Normal?

I think Bayo 2's normal is more forgiving than Bayo 1's, but I'd still start there. It's really enjoyable and better than 1 in every way.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think Bayo 2's normal is more forgiving than Bayo 1's, but I'd still start there. It's really enjoyable and better than 1 in every way.

Yeah. I figured, they did a similar thing with Rising, making Hard their usual Normal.

This game takes place around Christmastime? Did Japanese Shane Black write this?

I'm so glad I didn't ask what standard they'd cover for this one. This version of Moon River is amazing.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think Bayo 2's normal is more forgiving than Bayo 1's

On my view, it starts easier and ends harder, but has a better difficulty curve overall.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

Dammn this game is actually pretty good. Like every game I have is poo poo compared to this. gently caress I'm still on bayo 1 too.

Make sure you play their other action masterpieces like literally everything they developed except for Mad World, and two Viewtiful Joe DS games.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pomp posted:

Make sure you play their other action masterpieces like literally everything they developed except for Mad World, and two Viewtiful Joe DS games.

If they aren't on steam or the wii u, that's not happening. Metal Gear Rising though, I think I might need to buy that now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mad World was actually really cool and you're dumb and wrong if you say otherwise.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ethanol posted:

If they aren't on steam or the wii u, that's not happening. Metal Gear Rising though, I think I might need to buy that now.

Revengeance is really, really good and you should definitely get it. Everyone should. Just learn how to parry before you do anything else, though.

PantsBandit posted:

Mad World was actually really cool and you're dumb and wrong if you say otherwise.

It got tedious really quickly but the unapologetically foul aesthetic worked for me. Having Greg Proops and John DiMaggio blathering on and on over everything helped the most.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think the third piece of Takemikazuchi was in the following stage, wasn't it?

Yes, but that will be the only weapon where you can't find everything in the same stage.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey is there no Practice Mode in Bayonetta 1? Or am I missing it somehow? I just want to practice Dodge Offset without dying.

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 28, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Revengeance is really, really good and you should definitely get it. Everyone should. Just learn how to parry before you do anything else, though.

Is Ninja Gaiden 3 at all good on the wii u? One thing bayonetta has done has made me order a used copy of ninja gaiden black for my old xbox.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aaaaaa gently caress you, Rodin.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Hey is there no Practice Mode in Bayonetta 1? Or am I missing it somehow? I just want to practice Dodge Offset without dying.

Press either plus or minus during a loading screen. I forget which it is. It'll shift to practice mode until you decide to end it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Once you get him to like a third of his second health bar he just goes Devil Trigger and tanks your hits, aaaaaaaaaa.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Having started my hard mode playthrough after finishing normal mode, something amusing is wearing Bayonetta's dress during the prologue. When her dress gets shredded, she just magics it right back on. Fashion never dies.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Rodin sure is interesting in Tag Climax I'll say that.

He can't close the gap against Glamor in Tag Climax, so you have to use his...death glare??? It makes it pretty boring.

Landing a solid hit on Star 3 enemies that dodge a lot does a lot of damage but...its very difficult without witch time/light speed back up.

His block is like a parry...but with no just frame timing.

He's not terrible but he really needs a speed boost or the ability to teleport. Or something.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

Everything about Mad World is great except for the playing it part.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In a game that is built around using Witch Time to deal a major portion of damage against human-sized enemies, Rodin can not be expected to keep up against them because he's too slow. If you're fighting larger enemies that move around a lot, he can sink damage into them but will lose a DPS race for sure against faster characters. Hell, just the fact he can't transform into a beast to cover distance like the others hurts him a lot. He's only really good against regular rear end enemies and enemies who take up a lot of residency on the battlefield.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ethanol posted:

Is Ninja Gaiden 3 at all good on the wii u? One thing bayonetta has done has made me order a used copy of ninja gaiden black for my old xbox.

Never played it. The Meta Critic score (:lol: I know) is 69/100, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of it unless you're an avid fan.

Not to get too far off topic, but speaking of Mad World and action games in general, was Anarchy Reigns any good? I don't know anything about it except that it exists and Jack returns with Steve Blum doing his Steve Blum voice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anarchy Reigns is good if you have people to do all of the multiplayer with. The story mode is a fun go around for the one time you'll do it, but the multiplayer is where the game actually shines. Unfortunately multiplayer on both PS3 and 360 are dead so good luck with that.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its super weird that boss Rodin has wicked weave projectiles and playable Rodin doesn't even in DT. That would help him compete better honestly.

Its weird to play him back to back with Lumen Sage who feels very complete moveset wise despite missing a few attack as well.

Also in honorary DT tradition his taunting is silent in that mode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The worst thing about Lumen Sage I feel is his Kick attacks don't flow as well as his punches, but they're still pretty good in their own right. Really just give him a few changes here and there and he could be his own character in a spin-off or something.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I came across some challange that was just "use only wicked weaves" and I spent the whole time trying to sit back and build up a combo until i could use the weave, but hitting the enemy at all canceled me out. I spent the whole time trying to get enough distance to build up a combo which was working for a bit. Am I missing something? This is the most convoluted bullshit challange the game's thrown at me so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do PKP.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PantsBandit posted:

Anybody tried playing this on the gamepad screen? I wouldn't mind some Bayonetta in bed (heheheheheheh) but I would think it might be a bit too frantic for that.

I've found it works rather well. I play a good deal of it off the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I came across some challange that was just "use only wicked weaves" and I spent the whole time trying to sit back and build up a combo until i could use the weave, but hitting the enemy at all canceled me out. I spent the whole time trying to get enough distance to build up a combo which was working for a bit. Am I missing something? This is the most convoluted bullshit challange the game's thrown at me so far.

PKP is the fastest wicked weave that doesn't require magic to use. just keep your distance and avoid making contact with the enemy except for the weave

• Locked thread