Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

Found in the OSHA thread:

ROK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

my favorite part is where the people on either side don't loving react

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reverand maynard posted:

my favorite part is where the people on either side don't loving react

orientals are disciplined little bastards

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
His helmet went flipping down over his face. Fucker didn't have his chin strap on tight enough, he could have injured his head doing that.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Last time I saw that .gif posted someone said he actually died.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kavak posted:

Last time I saw that .gif posted someone said he actually died.

that's because, as was stated earlier, he got turned into intestine soup.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

PLA if I recall correctly.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Reverand maynard posted:

that's because, as was stated earlier, he got turned into intestine soup.

To be fair, işkembe çorbası is pretty delicious.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That's why you never stand between the trails.

DON'T STAND BETWEEN THE TRAILS.

Bad #1.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Was he even wearing any protective gear, or was that shirt all he had on?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Illegal Carrot posted:

Was he even wearing any protective gear, or was that shirt all he had on?

Looks like he had a vest or plate carrier, but those do poo poo against blunt impacts hard enough to turn your sternum to jelly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So what, he was standing too close? Should he have been off to one side? Why didn't anyone say YO WHAT THE gently caress DUDE or kick him out of the way? Or is that because Korea

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

On a piece with a recoil compensator it's always a terrible idea to stand behind the breech. No idea why no one would tell him to gently caress off before firing tho.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they had never used it before.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

evil_bunnY posted:

On a piece with a recoil compensator it's always a terrible idea to stand behind the breech. No idea why no one would tell him to gently caress off before firing tho.

It looks like an unintentional discharge. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmfAgTHxUQQ

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Doesn't matter what the gently caress you're doing, you don't stand between the loving trails with a round in. If the gun goes off, the recoil is gonna hurt you if you're there, especially if you're firing big charge.

Christ at charge 7 the C3 recoils nearly 2 feet, that's a lot of steel moving very quickly, it's gonna turn whatever's in it's path into a jelly.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

chitoryu12 posted:

Looks like he had a vest or plate carrier, but those do poo poo against blunt impacts hard enough to turn your sternum to jelly.

This is why we need Space Marines.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Illegal Carrot posted:

This is why we need Space Marines.

gently caress no

We're finally going to colonize another planet and then, bam, everyone has a 2000 curfew on the weekends because some space marines got drunk and gang raped another Arcturian.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

imperial space marines only gently caress each other, hth

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014
I was once on a field exercise where we did a bunch of live fire lanes. Normally we would not be issued the ceramic plates for our armor, but for live fires they would hand them out. After three days my platoon was in a patrol base and the exercise was basically over, we were cleaning weapons and getting our gear cleaned up as best we could before heading to the rear. In the morning we were told to take our plates out and bring them to a Humvee for turn in. After an hour or so we were told there was still a set missing from our receipt and if you hadn't brought them up there yet to stop loving around and get your plates turned in. My team leader came by, asked if I turned in my plates, I had so he moved on. I broke open my weapon and began cleaning it. About 30 minutes later, we get called up for a formation. We run up and get formed up and a bunch of info was put out. At the end they asked if we still had plates missing. There was still one set gone. At this point the plt sgt asks who didn't turn them in. Of course nobody answered. I was beginning to think the hand receipt was wrong as there is no way you can be missing those things and they are too big to try and steal them. Since nobody answered we were all told to go get our body armor. So we all run and get it and put it on. A squad leader came by and patted everyone down. Sure enough he gets to our platoon retard, and the guy has his plates in his vest. When asked why he hadn't turned them in he said that he didn't want to get in trouble for not turning them in the first time. That genius spent the next 10 minutes getting yelled at and probably a good hour after that of doing remedial training.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Slugs posted:

I was once on a field exercise where we did a bunch of live fire lanes. Normally we would not be issued the ceramic plates for our armor, but for live fires they would hand them out. After three days my platoon was in a patrol base and the exercise was basically over, we were cleaning weapons and getting our gear cleaned up as best we could before heading to the rear. In the morning we were told to take our plates out and bring them to a Humvee for turn in. After an hour or so we were told there was still a set missing from our receipt and if you hadn't brought them up there yet to stop loving around and get your plates turned in. My team leader came by, asked if I turned in my plates, I had so he moved on. I broke open my weapon and began cleaning it. About 30 minutes later, we get called up for a formation. We run up and get formed up and a bunch of info was put out. At the end they asked if we still had plates missing. There was still one set gone. At this point the plt sgt asks who didn't turn them in. Of course nobody answered. I was beginning to think the hand receipt was wrong as there is no way you can be missing those things and they are too big to try and steal them. Since nobody answered we were all told to go get our body armor. So we all run and get it and put it on. A squad leader came by and patted everyone down. Sure enough he gets to our platoon retard, and the guy has his plates in his vest. When asked why he hadn't turned them in he said that he didn't want to get in trouble for not turning them in the first time. That genius spent the next 10 minutes getting yelled at and probably a good hour after that of doing remedial training.

A proper shitbag thing to do in this situation is to hide the plates in the woods somewhere so there is plausible deniability.

Someone got caught with a DAGR (either he tried to steal it or left it in an assault bag on accident) in the barracks right before they were about to do a squadron-wide shakedown to find it... because he tried leaping off the second story balcony with it to try and hide it and got hurt. Pretty sure it happened right as everyone was going to formation so a shitload of people saw. What makes these people think some hairbrained plot to wash your hands of the evidence will result in an easier time than just going "hey, I forgot I left it in my assault bag, honest mistake, here it is" and letting everyone go home?

As an aside, are there really such things as "training plates"? I only ever used the regular green plates but from what others tell me there are some thick-rear end black plates that aren't actually bullet proof.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

A nav just told me a story of a dude who opened some bleed air valve in the back of a herc to get rid of the smell of the cigarette he smoked.

Also there was someone else who damaged a v-stab by throwing food out of a sextant port.

Aviators gonna aviate :getout:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sextant port? Are you referring to the cigarette smoke and solid food ejection hole?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Justin Tyme posted:

A proper shitbag thing to do in this situation is to hide the plates in the woods somewhere so there is plausible deniability.

Someone got caught with a DAGR (either he tried to steal it or left it in an assault bag on accident) in the barracks right before they were about to do a squadron-wide shakedown to find it... because he tried leaping off the second story balcony with it to try and hide it and got hurt. Pretty sure it happened right as everyone was going to formation so a shitload of people saw. What makes these people think some hairbrained plot to wash your hands of the evidence will result in an easier time than just going "hey, I forgot I left it in my assault bag, honest mistake, here it is" and letting everyone go home?

As an aside, are there really such things as "training plates"? I only ever used the regular green plates but from what others tell me there are some thick-rear end black plates that aren't actually bullet proof.

I've seen blue ones before that are labeled training. I think people use them for flak jacket pt or whatever.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I'd never seen green plates until I went to CIF at CRC. AFAIK, green are ESAPI and can stop more threats than the older black ones.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
We had a health and welfare. I was in the field with several other dudes when it went down. When we got back we were having a shakedown.

After we got back we I got dropped off in front of the barracks with another guy. Well that other guy got caught coming from his room where he went to hide a cigarette butt cup since smoking in the barracks is (no lie) a possible field grade.

The best part is this dudes roommate got busted with spice earlier that day, so he was pretty much a prime suspect.

Long story short, I got busted down from team leader to saw gunner (since that's how they punished e4 team leaders) for letting him go to his room.

I also stashed poo poo in my room. I had two full magazines I forgot to unload from the range AND my roommate recently bought a pistol and had it left out (he was in another company so they weren't going to search his stuff, but I felt I should stash it somewhere anyway).

And believe me in retrospect, I should've just took whatever dumb punishment was coming my way for having that ammo. My life was hell for the next few weeks until I went to a different company.

Feb 28, 2012. A date which will live in infamy. I went out drinking that night and ended up making GBS threads my pants and throwing up in a sock drawer.

And I had to be up at 4am to go back to the field the next day.

Cole fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 28, 2014

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A bit long, and I don't personally know the idiots. I was telling this story tonight and thought it would be worth a share.

Desert Nam 2 had just kicked off, and my anti armor platoon was leading a BN convoy element when we came across the back end of a 113. In the distance, about a klick away, I could see the outline of a Bradley turret, but we weren't going to take any chances since the Iraqis had 113s also.
We try radios for what frequencies we had (worthless), tried number combo with IR lights, no joy. Tried waving IR lasers around the vehicle. No response. My team leader is getting out of the Humvee to go up and knock on the loving door of the thing when it swings about, and we see a thermal panel on the side. We stand down a bit, assuming that even a chimp with Downs would recognize a couple of Humvees leading a line of 96 Army vehicles, all with marking panels and thermal IDs plainly visable...unfortunately, the crew of this M113, of the glorious 1/41 Cav, didn't recognize us and opened up with the .50 towards us. Luckily, the gunner sucked and missed us. The 114 wasn't as lucky, as it got lit the gently caress up by two .50s and two MK19s. It broke contact, and took off. By some loving miracle, no one was hurt or killed-though I did learn that being on the flat end of a 50 is a lot more fun than being on the pointy end.

Flash foward a bit and the investigation instigated by said Cav unit is in full swing. RUMINT says we are going to be facing charges for the ahit that went down because some Brads down the road were hit by stray 50. Cav report was that we rolled up and fired unprovoked at loving Bradleys. Investigator couldn't find the damaged 113. Finally found it after a few days search, investigator decides no charges are being filed, but we were told the CO got relieved or some poo poo for trying to hide evidence and having a general atmosphere of incompetence.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress cav.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress cav forever.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress cav.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

gently caress the Army.

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah he made no effort to hide it. We once had a 203 fall off a rifle during a night land nav course. The guy didnt notice it right away and because it was snowing it took us three days of hands across the land nav site to find it. Trying to hide it only makes it worse.

I have never seen/heard of training plates.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i did a ten mile ruck on a monday.

i bought brand new army issued boots the saturday prior and hadn't worn them but to try them on.

i had no heel after about three miles.

i was dumb enough to not fall out and i had a limp for about a month.

seriously, sometimes you guys need to admit defeat and just fall out.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Black plates were regular SAPI inserts, Green plates were E-SAPI inserts and were rated for AP rounds, while their black betheren weren't. At least that's the way the green weenie explained it to us when we first hit Fallujah and had to exchange our blacks for greens.

Of course, you hooah types have more funding than we did over on the USMC side of the house. We had to share our side and e-sapi's with the incoming unit when the deployment was over.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

i did a ten mile ruck on a monday.

i bought brand new army issued boots the saturday prior and hadn't worn them but to try them on.

i had no heel after about three miles.

i was dumb enough to not fall out and i had a limp for about a month.

seriously, sometimes you guys need to admit defeat and just fall out.

Or not be a dumbass? Brand new boots on a ruck? Mountain climbers, go.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

zombie303 posted:

Or not be a dumbass? Brand new boots on a ruck? Mountain climbers, go.

dumbasses fall out. i did not fall out.

pt stud 295 pt score suk my dick turd

(that was only once, never got near that again)

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

dumbasses fall out. i did not fall out.

pt stud 295 pt score suk my dick turd

(that was only once, never got near that again)

No, you're a dumbass for wearing new boots on a hike, even if you didn't fall out. That's one of the stupidest things you can do on a hike extending over 5k.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LCL-Dead posted:

No, you're a dumbass for wearing new boots on a hike, even if you didn't fall out. That's one of the stupidest things you can do on a hike extending over 5k.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons in Platoons > Let's Talk About Idiots!

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Boots got stolen on the train ride back to base one time, had to borrow Lts spare pair. We were doing a 30 click march equipped and loaded in 12 hours. His shoe size was three below mine. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Sjurygg posted:

Boots got stolen on the train ride back to base one time, had to borrow Lts spare pair. We were doing a 30 click march equipped and loaded in 12 hours. His shoe size was three below mine. lol

So did you cut them apart and re-connect the pieces with 550 cord?

Or do you have Lieutenant Dan legs below the knee now?