Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another Illinois school, well Illinois, tries something stupid. I hope Red Grange won't be mad when they lose to Goldy. Behold the Grey Ghost uniforms

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/14/illinois-gray-ghost-uniforms-red-grange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That's really dumb and bad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

they look like rejected Penn State alts

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thermos H Christ posted:

Saints Row, bitches!

I just checked and it turns out this still the best

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Heh. Just saw that NFL authentic jersey commercial for the first time.

Pack it in everybody, burn your yukijerseys, buy NFL

obey

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, how dare people not support the multi-billion dollar non-profit corporation that recently had two lockouts, averages 3 PR disasters a week, has an ethnic slur for a team name, and uses one of the most blatant human rights violators to make their 300$ jerseys.

Where is the loyalty?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
When was the other lockout?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

When was the other lockout?

2011 players CBA, 2012 refs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd imagine he's talking about the refs for the second one. That or taking a long view and saying 1968 wasn't all that long ago when you consider human history.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

The only NFL Jersey you should buy is Devon Still's.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Hockles posted:

Heh. Just saw that NFL authentic jersey commercial for the first time.

Pack it in everybody, burn your yukijerseys, buy NFL

obey

What commercial is this? This sounds hilarious.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-commercials/0ap3000000404902/Buy-Authentic-NFL-Gear

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgiLKwB0ND0&t=4m23s

I wish it was this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wanna buy all the knockoff jerseys now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Michael Irvin a man who's been busted numerous times for drug posession is going to lecture me on supporting criminal enterprises.

Maybe they can get Ben Roethlisberger to do an anti-rape ad.

Rae Carruth can do one on parenting classes.

Ray Rice on not beating your wife.

Steve Smith on talking through your anger issues.

Michael Vick on animal rights.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I wish it was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZm8vNHBSU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Michael Irvin a man who's been busted numerous times for drug posession is going to lecture me on supporting criminal enterprises.

Seriously, that's pretty amazing

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Maybe they can get Ben Roethlisberger to do an anti-rape ad.

Rae Carruth can do one on parenting classes.

Ray Rice on not beating your wife.

Steve Smith on talking through your anger issues.

Michael Vick on animal rights.

Ryan Leaf as life coach

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Junior Seau and Dave Duerson on how to deal with depression.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Well look what comes back today after too long an absence:

Still no mustard gold but it's good enough.

E: But they haven't changed any signage, field paint, or uniforms? What gives? :argh:

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 25, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Junior Seau and Dave Duerson on how to deal with depression.

Herm Edwards and Andy Reid to talk about parenting tips

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Tony Dungy to talk about parenting tips

Fixed that for you.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Well look what comes back today after too long an absence:

Still no mustard gold but it's good enough.

I'll never understand why they went away from that iconic logo. Or changed to the darker blue. I'm thoroughly pleased though that ever since they went to that look they've mostly been complete garbage.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Speaking of changing from an iconic color... I swear I heard a story of a school whose colors used to be pink and white. The school that sticks with me for this is Penn State. Am I making that up?

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Hockles posted:

Speaking of changing from an iconic color... I swear I heard a story of a school whose colors used to be pink and white. The school that sticks with me for this is Penn State. Am I making that up?
Penn State had pink and black for about three years in the 1880s.

Indiana State used to have their colors as salmon pink and white, and North Dakota apparently used green and pink as their athletics colors for a while (pink remains an official color of the university in general).

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Mahoning posted:

I'll never understand why they went away from that iconic logo. Or changed to the darker blue. I'm thoroughly pleased though that ever since they went to that look they've mostly been complete garbage.

Steve Pederson came in as Athletic Director in 1996, and apparently he didn't think that the Pitt name and yellow and blue carried the same "respect and emphasis of heritage" that "Pittsburgh" and new colors would bring. Nobody referred to it as Pittsburgh, and just about everyone's still called it "Pitt" but to hear my band alumnus uncle tell it you'd think that Pederson had changed the name to West Virginia-Penn State- Pittsburgh Campus.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Hockles posted:

Wazzu was pink and powder blue for the colors of the Palouse sunrise for a while way back in the day, i wanna say 1910s to 1930s era maybe? I think it lasted over a decade

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 26, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jersey sales are a part of revenue sharing, aren't they? So if you buy your team's jersey you're supporting them but also their hated rivals, teams you don't care about, and the corrupt executives that run the NFL, right

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Declan MacManus posted:

Jersey sales are a part of revenue sharing, aren't they? So if you buy your team's jersey you're supporting them but also their hated rivals, teams you don't care about, and the corrupt executives that run the NFL, right

Yes!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Nike!

We are all witnesses.

Lucky no one cares~

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

Wazzu was pink and powder blue for the colors of the Palouse sunrise for a while way back in the day, i wanna say 1910s to 1930s era maybe? I think it lasted over a decade

that'd be a hell of a throwback

and coug as gently caress

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Yo I got a friend looking to sell some genuine jerseys, all size 44 (medium):

Blue texans clowney nike onfield
Blue bears urlacher nike onfield
Red usc matthews 47 moxie
White diamond plate broncos lynch reebok (actually size large)

No idea what he's thinking price wise but if anyone is interested I'll figure that out. Unless this is frowned upon, inwhich case it actually never happened shhh

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't get how the knockoff NFL jerseys can be sold here. I mean isn't it just counterfeiting?

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Keith Atherton posted:

I don't get how the knockoff NFL jerseys can be sold here. I mean isn't it just counterfeiting?

How do knockoff Rolexes and Louis Vuitton bags wind up being sold on every street corner in the hood? It's America. Not to mention most of these sites ship from China.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My jerseys help fund nice old Korean seamstress enterprises. Think of all the dumplings they're gonna buy with that... Sickens me.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Viper_3000 posted:

How do knockoff Rolexes and Louis Vuitton bags wind up being sold on every street corner in the hood? It's America. Not to mention most of these sites ship from China.

Yeah I know that but I'm surprised Nike and the NFL haven't figured out how to shut the Internet sites down. Also didn't realize how convincing the knockoffs are

Edit: Thanks Wheez that makes sense.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 28, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah I know that but I'm surprised Nike and the NFL haven't figured out how to shut the Internet sites down. Also didn't realize how convincing the knockoffs are

you can't just shut down sites, the FBI does from time to time but that only works if the site is based in the US. almost none are

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sometimes the free market at work is a beautiful thing. This is one of those times.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
That whole "haha 88 isn't Irvin's jersey" gag must have been goddamn hilarious to whichever executive it was pitched to. That is a mind-boggling lack of insight right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Aggies are bringing out throwback uniforms to the 1939 National Champions, and while the shirts are nothing really to write home about, the leather patterned helmet is:

• Locked thread