Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Awful game, yet I still really want it.

What is wrong with me?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Zip! posted:

What is wrong with me?!
Everything, everything is wrong with you.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zip! posted:

What is wrong with me?!

Mr. Lindros, are you sure you should be using a computer (much less looking at that avatar of yours), what with all that severe brain trauma you have?

You are Eric Lindros right?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I just miss crushing pubbies in H2H matches :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I worked out the streaming issues and got Twitch to work, but I had to order a splitter because I was input lagged to poo poo last night, hopefully it shows up in the next day or two so we can stream more hilarious antics.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zip! posted:

What is wrong with me?!

Don't buy it. It's poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sba posted:

I worked out the streaming issues and got Twitch to work, but I had to order a splitter because I was input lagged to poo poo last night, hopefully it shows up in the next day or two so we can stream more hilarious antics.

It was fun to watch, you guys are pretty good at crushing bitches.

Best way to enjoy EA NHL because I don't have to drop $60 on it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Can you build bigger cities yet???

Edit: oops wrong terrible EA game thread my mistake

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Bradf0rd posted:

For anyone who has no life, The TEDborhood/NeighborTED are now streaming thanks to sba!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tedsstreamemporium

Never though I'd see my hometown's local news channel featured on a Ustream.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

EASHL 15 - We'll Bork So You Won't Have To

Don't buy it, it's poo poo

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Hockles posted:

EASHL 15 - We'll Bork So You Won't Have To

Don't buy it, it's poo poo

hahahhaha

The main selling point is that you now can hit your own teammates.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

EASHL:

Someone clears the puck out of the zone on the PK. A short-handed forward happens to be in position to pick it up at the far blue-line for a clear break.

The human goalie skates out to the blue line and stands just behind the puck, so the forward hits him no matter what he does. Delayed penalty, goaltender interference.

The puck bounces further into the zone after the collision, so the goalie skates to the FAR SIDE OF THE ICE and runs into another forward, 50 feet from the puck.

The penalty killers eventually touch the puck, and are now on a 5 on 3 for 3:12.

:bravo:

(2 minutes later the goalie collects a dump in behind the net and holds it for 4 minutes until a forward is forced to try poke-checking him and instead gravity warps into the goalie for another minor penalty)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wanna be that goalie

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You can be! Just select the goalie in any EASHL or drop-in game!

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Pleads posted:

You can be! Just select the goalie in any EASHL or drop-in game!

He bought it for next gen so he can't! :haw:

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Wait, you can be the goalie? I thought the code was too difficult or something.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

liquorlanche posted:

In NHL 15 for last gen

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

liquorlanche posted:

Too difficult for ps4 and xbone, not those last gen plebs!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Too difficult for ps4 and xbone, not those last gen plebs!

Is there a "new" goon team list or just bug the folks from the NHL 14 thread??

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

nthalp posted:

No idea, I have the game on ps4 so those advanced features that have been in the game for 5 years are no longer available to me.

It's really amazing how gutted the game is on ps4/xbone. I'd say that if you're going to do anything but 1v1 online versus to just sit out a year.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

nthalp posted:

On 360 The Neighborhood and Ted's Ice Rink Emporium have merged to be various forms of The NeighborTED and The TEDborhood.

The best way to join is to wander into our IRC channel:
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

No idea, I have the game on ps4 so those advanced features that have been in the game for 5 years are no longer available to me.

It's really amazing how gutted the game is on ps4/xbone. I'd say that if you're going to do anything but 1v1 online versus to just sit out a year.

It's pretty funny considering FIFA gutted like, the ability to create your own team, and that's about it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
God I wish PS4 had EASHL. I just wanna be a D and get hits and hilarious PIM.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bradf0rd posted:

On 360 The Neighborhood and Ted's Ice Rink Emporium have merged to be various forms of The NeighborTED and The TEDborhood.

The best way to join is to wander into our IRC channel:
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

Cool. Thanks :black101:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I just saw a used copy for a bargain basement deal of $64.99! Dare I pass up this steal?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

You know what this game needs? Aside from everything else it needs? A slider for the CPU involving SHOOT/PASS/CARRY tendencies. The CPU never shoots unless they have a wide open one timer. It'd be nice to see them take some shots and crash the rebounds or something. As a secondary thing, there should be a WANDER/STAY AT HOME slider for your own friggen AI defensemen. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is the slot never ever covered? WHYYYY do all AI defensemen hang out either behind the net, in the corners, or by the faceoff dots at the best? The CPU player does a decent job of it, why can't they just do that for your team too? The only way to get them to even pretend to stay near the slot is to use the "Collapsing" strategy which comes with its own sets of problems.

I realize I'm crabbing about the screen door being a bit squeaky while the rest of the house burns down, but it's making it more unplayable than usual. At least they're not scoring 3/4 of their goals from touching the posts anymore, I guess.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

What are you talking about? This is Vision AI where all players see everyone else all the time an anticipate your moves and not at all the same old AI with couple tweaks.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

So, are they still going to do updates for this? Anything decent or is this game just a complete lost cause til NHL 16? My earlier optimism is pretty much faded.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shortspecialbus posted:

So, are they still going to do updates for this? Anything decent or is this game just a complete lost cause til NHL 16? My earlier optimism is pretty much faded.

I'd imagine from here on out it'll just be patches to help playability. I doubt they'll be patching in core game features this late even though the game desperately needs them, because that would be admitting this game wasn't even close to finished when they shipped it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
They've said another patch will go towards OTP improvements, including a way to actually play with your friends. I wouldn't expect anything big after that one though.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Will I be able to play goalie on OTP, at any point?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I never realized that you can't save replays on 360. that's hilarious

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I never realized that you can't save replays on 360. that's hilarious

You can save! To your hard drive! You just can't... upload them... anywhere...

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

What I wish, so much, is that they'd implement the shifts and whatnot from Live the Life, or at least a sim to shift thing that makes it not preposterous where if you're on the 4th line you're getting 46 minutes of ice time each game. Just loving fix BAP in some manner and I'll start playing the poo poo out of the game.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Good luck waiting for ea to fix the parts they can't monetize in their stupid half baked game

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Like the bug that prevents poke check when the line change box is on the screen. I mean comoon EA, I've lost games because of that.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm OCD and insist on updating my franchises every 5 years but this thread has convinced me to wait for 2020.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Like the bug that prevents poke check when the line change box is on the screen. I mean comoon EA, I've lost games because of that.

You mean the line selection box bug that has been around for 4 years and not an eyelid batted at?

:EA:

Is switching players 1v1 still loving broken? Like you'll want the guy nearest the puck and it selects someone on the other side of the ice, or no one at all no matter how many times you press it?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

shortspecialbus posted:

What I wish, so much, is that they'd implement the shifts and whatnot from Live the Life, or at least a sim to shift thing that makes it not preposterous where if you're on the 4th line you're getting 46 minutes of ice time each game. Just loving fix BAP in some manner and I'll start playing the poo poo out of the game.

They already have your money soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

You mean the line selection box bug that has been around for 4 years and not an eyelid batted at?

I'm not sure. I know the box that stays on screen has been a bug for a while, but I don't remember not being able to poke check when it's on being a thing before.

Diet Crack posted:

Is switching players 1v1 still loving broken? Like you'll want the guy nearest the puck and it selects someone on the other side of the ice, or no one at all no matter how many times you press it?

Yeah it's like a awful half-random meta game.

• Locked thread