Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is a nice fluffy cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I have to say, this 350 deal is pretty cool. I need more then sunset and the old halo games to make me want a one but 350 for a system and a game is not bad.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I was holding out for a Halo special edition bundle but the white console with Sunset for $350 is screaming my name. I assume it's not one of those bundles that is limited and will be hard to find in a few weeks?

gently caress the haters, I'll bone till I stop boning.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

shaitan posted:

I assume it's not one of those bundles that is limited and will be hard to find in a few weeks?
It'll be as easy to find as the day one edition.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

shaitan posted:

I was holding out for a Halo special edition bundle but the white console with Sunset for $350 is screaming my name. I assume it's not one of those bundles that is limited and will be hard to find in a few weeks?

gently caress the haters, I'll bone till I stop boning.

SO Bundles seem to be selling out, but I imagine they produced a low number of them or people *really* like white consoles for some reason. Since they've already announced the CoD / AC:Unity bundles I doubt they're doing a Halo one either.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hanyolo posted:

SO Bundles seem to be selling out, but I imagine they produced a low number of them or people *really* like white consoles for some reason. Since they've already announced the CoD / AC:Unity bundles I doubt they're doing a Halo one either.

They aren't selling out, they only mysteriously became unavailable on Amazon.com and that was likely due to preparing for the price drop more than anything else. Best Buy will have them stacked floor to ceiling.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Bass Bottles posted:

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/...=marketingdaily I can't wait to yell DOMINOS, FEED ME!!! in falsetto and then verbally dictate my toppings while laying lengthwise on the couch like Bacchus.

This basically. I already have my tv and stuff loaded up by voice I would never deign to type in my order like a peasant.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Bass Bottles posted:

DOMINOS, FEED ME!!!!

That's the thing you posted earlier in the thread! You posted it earlier in the thread, and then you posted it again, later. Possibly for some effect! Anyways, I noticed it; just wanted to let you know.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

hanyolo posted:

univbee posted:

They aren't selling out, they only mysteriously became unavailable on Amazon.com and that was likely due to preparing for the price drop more than anything else. Best Buy will have them stacked floor to ceiling.

Fine; I'll call you both out: what evidence do both of you have to have posted what you have posted?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

matrix ripoff posted:

Fine; I'll call you both out: what evidence do both of you have to have posted what you have posted?
Every bone bundle to date.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I was going off the NeoGAF thread. People were having issues getting it from the MS Store and BestBuy too according to the (now closed) thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917263&page=11

I guess it entirely depends on region, etc.

In other news, Titanfall and its Seasonpass have gone on sale on Deals with Gold, $25 and $8.25 respecitively.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 28, 2014

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Welp it's finally happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPy2euUFbM

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I want to know what the hand gesture for Dominos would be. And how many times people's cats, curtains and lamps will end up making orders for them.

We're like two steps away from that famous 4chan post about having to buy Mountain Dew in order to play a game on XBone 2.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Actually looked at gameplay for the first time SO looks like fun. Are any of you playing it now? How is it? I'll prob get when I get off work this morning.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
this looks about a billion times cooler than Alan Wake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlkGSScliE

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OpaqueEcho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlkGSScliE

i saw a cool ad for a coat when i watched this vid

good poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Actually looked at gameplay for the first time SO looks like fun. Are any of you playing it now? How is it? I'll prob get when I get off work this morning.

I was pretty luke warm on Sunset Overdrive (The hit next exclusive game for the Xbox One: the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft) but i have to say I am now Officially Excited for it's realease.
Game on!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I played a little over an hour tonight, it is pretty fun. Also, for what it's worth, it is plenty fast for my old man reflexes. I have to "brake" a lot when grinding around. Maybe I'll get better and can start boosting around but when I'm fighting I find I have to go really slow.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

King Burgundy posted:

I played a little over an hour tonight, it is pretty fun. Also, for what it's worth, it is plenty fast for my old man reflexes. I have to "brake" a lot when grinding around. Maybe I'll get better and can start boosting around but when I'm fighting I find I have to go really slow.

Giantbomb has about an hour of gameplay up. http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-sunset-overdrive/2300-9597/

I'll get this in the morning it looks really cool.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Quantum Break looks like the only bone game I would buy. Credit where credit's due

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

SBJ posted:

Quantum Break looks like the only bone game I would buy. Credit where credit's due

It looks cool in a "watch what the developer of Max Payne 1 & 2 has devolved to" sort of way.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

spudsbuckley posted:

Samsung Megadrive

incorporeal posted:

I have to say, this 350 deal is pretty cool.

"Xbox 350 go to Samsung Megadrive."

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

hanyolo posted:

What is the metacritic score for this Dominos app?

Bonus cat post, couldn't get it onto a Console unfortunately

YCS (your couch sucks)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

CheeseFactory posted:

I was pretty luke warm on Sunset Overdrive (The hit next exclusive game for the Xbox One: the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft) but i have to say I am now Officially Excited for it's realease.
Game on!

Reviews are in, you were right all along. It's a great game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Got an Xbox One today, Yelling curse words at Zombies to get their attention is the best feature Kinect could possibly have. Dead Rising 3 seems like an overlooked gem.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Anidav posted:

Got an Xbox One today, Yelling curse words at Zombies to get their attention is the best feature Kinect could possibly have. Dead Rising 3 seems like an overlooked gem.

I bought the xbox for 64 player bf4 but Dead rising 3 was the star for me.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Domino's is loving awesome and does a good service to all true gamers everywhere.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Anidav posted:

Dead Rising 3 seems like an overlooked gem.

completely true, its loving great. Couldnt stop playing this game when I got the bone

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

OpaqueEcho posted:

Alan Wake was good. Quantum Break looks good. Remedy is good.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

hanyolo posted:

What is the metacritic score for this Dominos app?

Bonus cat post, couldn't get it onto a Console unfortunately

My friend worked on that App here in Detroit! I always teased him about no how hard he works on that thing, the final product is always going to be poo poo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I also got Just Dance 2015 and how the gently caress do you play this game, there's no practice level like in Rhythm Heaven or tutorial of any sort. You're meant to mimic the video it plays and Kinect scores you on how well you do it, I guess? I can't like chose an easy setting or enable slow motion or something? I just picked a couple of songs and it completely fucks with me and the girlfriend. The scrolling diagrams just don't help and following a video 1:1 is just bizarrely complicated, especially since some of the levels are rather professional and look like they took months of practice to pull of the moves.

Maybe I'm missing something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anidav posted:

I also got Just Dance 2015 and how the gently caress do you play this game, there's no practice level like in Rhythm Heaven or tutorial of any sort. You're meant to mimic the video it plays and Kinect scores you on how well you do it, I guess? I can't like chose an easy setting or enable slow motion or something? I just picked a couple of songs and it completely fucks with me and the girlfriend. The scrolling diagrams just don't help and following a video 1:1 is just bizarrely complicated, especially since some of the levels are rather professional and look like they took months of practice to pull of the moves.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Bear in mind they are primarily designed as Wii games, I think they only keep track of your right hand (the one that is colored in the dancers' moves). They take "snapshots" of your position at certain times and you're graded based on if your right hand is in the right place at the time of the snapshot or not. There are scrolling "bathroom figurines" that indicate what the next positions they're looking for will be, and IIRC they sometimes have arrows to indicate a swinging motion or some such.

Also, on the off chance the game doesn't actually check for this for some reason, unless 2015 is different, Kinect is required.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I do have Kinect and I don't think this is a mere Wii Port. it snapshots your pose and each limb is tracked with a dot. It even asks you to step away from the camera and show more of the floor ect. After that you're on your own.

EDIT: There's even songs which require you to do complicated things with player 2, lockstep and hold hands and shoulder movements. It's an upgrade to whatever you are describing because a Wiimote can't tract shoulder movements or dancing partners holding you by the hip.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 28, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anidav posted:

EDIT: There's even songs which require you to do complicated things with player 2, lockstep and hold hands and shoulder movements. It's an upgrade to whatever you are describing because a Wiimote can't tract shoulder movements or dancing partners holding you by the hip.

Those same moves are in the Wii version, which can definitely only track one appendage. They may or may not have taken the move analysis deeper for the Xbox/PS4 with camera versions, though.

whoisjasonk
Jun 30, 2010

Ninja Editor
Fun Shoe

Got to play it for a little bit before work this morning, and so far it seems quite fun. At the very least, it's entertaining to grind around in really colorful well detailed environments while shooting energy drink monsters in the face with a hand canon.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Anidav posted:

I do have Kinect and I don't think this is a mere Wii Port. it snapshots your pose and each limb is tracked with a dot. It even asks you to step away from the camera and show more of the floor ect. After that you're on your own.

You just mimic what they're doing on screen. It's not that difficult. Unless you're an xbone user I guess. :v:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Yeah I grabbed Sunset Overdrive. Dunno if I'll get any playing in before work. Maybe we could get some of this 8 player co-op going at some point. In as SA Soul Glo.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Depends on whether or not you have 8 people in the thread to play with. Maybe you could implement a one out-one in system if you get 9.

I tried Shareplay today, and playing Towerfall online was a lot of fun.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Widestancer posted:

Domino's is loving awesome and does a good service to all true gamers everywhere.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I unironically loving love Domino's. I hope they have a snappable Domino's app that puts the order tracker in the sidebar. Seems like a no-brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Sunset overdrive is pretty dope, I can see myself having more fun once i'm better at the mobility though. The game does hold your hand a little bit too much in the beginning.

• Locked thread