Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bluegoon posted:

Xbox 360 is going to be 30fps, I just know it! gently caress! gently caress!

No chance. :ibelieve:

They'll lower native res to 480p if they have to, but they always target 50-60 fps; come Hell or high water.

This isn't Bungie/343 we're talking about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mister Macys posted:

I bought the vanilla digital, and I still have the option of upgrading until March 25th- by which point, we should know if it's worth getting.

Oh gently caress, that makes sense, thanks for the tip.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Oh poo poo, I have less than a week to decide if I need to get this stupid game. Is it going to be as stupid and dumb as whatever the one that was out a year ago that was stupid and dumb?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lunchboxx posted:

Oh poo poo, I have less than a week to decide if I need to get this stupid game. Is it going to be as stupid and dumb as whatever the one that was out a year ago that was stupid and dumb?

Yes. Buy it anyways.

Also has anyone spoiled the campaign yet? Does Kevin Spacey use an exo suit and/or go shirtless?

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes. Buy it anyways.

It's like you know me.

The only thing I even remember about Ghosts multiplayer was how lovely the lag/hit detection felt. Seemed like I could shoot a man forever and it wouldn't register poo poo. If it's still that bad I will swear off CoD forver.

edit: at. I will swear at CoD forever.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lunchboxx posted:

You literally have as much time as you want to decide. You don't HAVE to get it at launch.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The problem with COD is it's such a precise experience the gently caress ups in map design/balance/netcode/spawning in the games after MW2 suck all the fun out of them.

And here we are gambling on another sequel :smith:

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

el B posted:

You literally have as much time as you want to decide. You don't HAVE to get it at launch.

No, see, there's a cool kids club thing where you can play the game BEFORE it comes out and if I don't get in on that then it's a bust so

^^^^ Yes, MW2 master race.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mister Macys posted:

No chance. :ibelieve:

They'll lower native res to 480p if they have to, but they always target 50-60 fps; come Hell or high water.

This isn't Bungie/343 we're talking about here.

Ah poo poo, going to be squinting till my eyes bleed. You're right though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Carecat posted:

And here we are gambling on another sequel :smith:

Well, this time around things are DIFFERENT. A new developer, a longer dev cycle, truly next-gen, etc. etc. etc.

So, when it turns out awful, we're going to be even MORE jaded when the next Treyarch title comes out next year (which we will all pre-order because).

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunchboxx posted:

Wait two week to find out from everyone that it is, in fact, poo poo.

The two minutes that stream was up looked pretty boring.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

That's my plan. I'm getting so tired of developers releasing broken games and hoping they address it with patches further down the line. That poo poo has to stop, and I'm done pre-ordering, especially COD games, until it does.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Just throwing this out there, if anyone on PC wants to party up and take down pubs hop onto the Reticulated Splines mumble on release. We should be rolling faces in there, I know a bunch of us are already getting the game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

black ops 2 and ghosts are still $60 on steam :smug: There are no cod games on gmg either. It's a shame because when I had my 360, I just bought or borrowed used copies, which means in this pretty much unique case, these games are more expensive on pc. it just feels wrong to spend $60 for this on pc when it's probably not even going to work.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lunchboxx posted:

No, see, there's a cool kids club thing where you can play the game BEFORE it comes out and if I don't get in on that then it's a bust so

You're only apart of the cool kids club if you buy it off Craigslist for $200-300 a couple of days before launch.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

el B posted:

You're only apart of the cool kids club if you buy it off Craigslist for $200-300 a couple of days before launch.

Great so I have to make this decision sooner than I thought.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

el B posted:

Highest I saw was $105, from a guy claiming to get them by Saturday on my local internet classified last night.

Even the scalpers want pre-orders. :ironicat:

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
wait this has lasers? I'm in.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hey could this mumble be added to the OP so us PC goons can roll together:

Reticulated Splines
vx38.commandchannel.com
Port 31463

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Well the DLC packs are already named in the season pass trailer. First one in January (for Xbox).

DLC guns are a thing, and season pass holders get them sooner, like the Maverick and Ripper in Ghosts.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The Merry Marauder posted:

Well the DLC packs are already named in the season pass trailer. First one in January (for Xbox).

DLC guns are a thing, and season pass holders get them sooner, like the Maverick and Ripper in Ghosts.

What are the names?

SuPremacy
AtroCity
Euthanasia
Yankee Doodle

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
They're going all out with the neoimperialism thing:

Zanzibar
Omdurman
Malaya
Burma...

Havoc, Ascendance, Supremacy, and Reckoning

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Knifegrab posted:

Hey could this mumble be added to the OP so us PC goons can roll together:

Reticulated Splines
vx38.commandchannel.com
Port 31463

Bad news mate, the only people getting this on PC are you and me and 17 russian kids.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Wow. They put so little effort into name them that I guessed one. At least spell something dumb with them, Robert Bowling.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Roberta still twittering about Call of Duty? She's not returning my calls and I'm worried about the relationship.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

hopterque posted:

Bad news mate, the only people getting this on PC are you and me and 17 russian kids.

And like four or five other goons in our mumble... soooooooo

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
I like to think that the extra year spent in development will turn this into a good game :toot:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Soul Glo posted:

900p's close enough that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway though. The Xbone version of Ghosts got framey ADSing with the rifles, hopefully that's gone too.

Source: https://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=xbone+900p+advanced+warfare

You wouldn't mind if i poured out 25% of your beer would you?

The difference between 900p and 1080p is 500,000 pixels. 1080p has roughly 30% more pixels. I can tell the difference on a 12' laptop screen.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Lunchboxx posted:

With Kevin Spacey.

Day 0 purchase.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm sure everyone's K/Ds will be so much better with all those pixels.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

The difference between 900p and 1080p is 500,000 pixels. 1080p has roughly 30% more pixels. I can tell the difference on a 12' laptop screen.

Hold up let me post about how much I give a poo poo about more pixels. First off

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

CheeseFactory posted:

Hahaha jesus christ.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

CheeseFactory posted:

you know if you're going to stress this hard over inconsequential bullshit then I'd recommend picking up AW for PC

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
God I love kicking the hornets nest.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

CheeseFactory posted:

If I were a peasant I'd vehemently defend my position too, but I have working eyes and can actually enjoy visual fidelity.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Wazzit posted:

You have no idea. :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

If you're one of the few people who don't have a widescreen TV/monitor yet, I completely agree.
Upgrading from 4:3 to 16:9 was the best thing I ever did, besides taking things slower, and not just running & gunning.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

CheeseFactory posted:

"Hahaha owned guys, trolled you! Dance Puppets"

At least own up to your own spergism.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I have both consoles and I'm getting the game on the Xbone, please tell me how dumb I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

hopterque posted:

"Hahaha owned guys, trolled you! Dance Puppets"

At least own up to your own spergism.

And even in spite of his insufferable posting he's still a better poster than you.

• Locked thread