Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just FYI, one of the cheevos requires you touch Bayo during 10 different cutscenes, hope everyone got that on their first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

PKP is the fastest wicked weave that doesn't require magic to use. just keep your distance and avoid making contact with the enemy except for the weave

[comically long exhale]

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, so Rosa can actually do a lot more damage to him, but unfortunately if he hits her like three times you're dead.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Well that's 3 times in a row I've been whittling down the last dude to have to clock run out. Yeah gently caress this poo poo this is garbage.

E: The loading screen menu says I've used punch kick punch over 400 times. :yikes:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Beef Waifu posted:

Just FYI, one of the cheevos requires you touch Bayo during 10 different cutscenes, hope everyone got that on their first playthrough.

What do you mean? touch her with what, the Wii mote or something?

I know in Bayo1 you could press the face buttons that corresponded to the color lollipop she was eating to get a free one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's asking you to touch her on the gamepad when cutscenes are happening, basically.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Oh duh the tablet screen, I've been using the traditional controller almost exclusively :doh:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ethanol posted:

Is Ninja Gaiden 3 at all good on the wii u? One thing bayonetta has done has made me order a used copy of ninja gaiden black for my old xbox.

NO! Every enemy takes a billion hits and youre constantly locked down by gun guys on every side where the lovely camera hides them. Its hard because its loving poorly designed bullshit, unlike Black which is hard because its a well designed game intended to be hard.

Also Madworld owns. It's perhaps the worst Platinum game, but thats still a compliment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Rodin to 1 HP and he beat me, but I learned during this that while Rosa is in the Umbran Armor, she's loving invincible.

EDIT: And by invincible I mean she can't die in the armor but can still be hurt.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 28, 2014

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So, um... is the first game tablet only or something? I played the Bayo2 demo with a wiimote and CCP and there were zero problems with the tablet turned off. It was probably dead because it had not been charged in five whole minutes. If you have to use that crappy thing it's kind of a dealbreaker. :/

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

No, you really don't have to use it at all, although I did notice that the game will refuse to initially start if the tablet's dead. Just plug it in for literally 5 seconds to get to the main menu then let it die again.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I came across some challange that was just "use only wicked weaves" and I spent the whole time trying to sit back and build up a combo until i could use the weave, but hitting the enemy at all canceled me out. I spent the whole time trying to get enough distance to build up a combo which was working for a bit. Am I missing something? This is the most convoluted bullshit challange the game's thrown at me so far.

Do PKP, but do dodge offsets so you only actually do the last hit.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

No, you really don't have to use it at all, although I did notice that the game will refuse to initially start if the tablet's dead. Just plug it in for literally 5 seconds to get to the main menu then let it die again.

I noticed this too and it's pretty poo poo tbh because I don't use the tablet at all, it's been lying in my drawer for months now with empty batteries obviously. Any chance they might patch this? Probably not huh.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ethanol posted:

Is Ninja Gaiden 3 at all good on the wii u? One thing bayonetta has done has made me order a used copy of ninja gaiden black for my old xbox.

Ninja Gaiden took a massive nosedive with NG3, it's bewilderingly bad. The Wii U version is a revision that attempts to fix/reverse all the mistakes they made the first time but it's still not a good game. Get Wonderful 101 instead, or wait for Devil's Third aka the second coming of gaming's greatest visionary, Tomonobu Itagaki.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mr. Neutron posted:

I noticed this too and it's pretty poo poo tbh because I don't use the tablet at all, it's been lying in my drawer for months now with empty batteries obviously. Any chance they might patch this? Probably not huh.

Nintendo? Patch!?

It'd be nice if at least one person had tested with the tablet dead and stuffed in a closet, since that's how my wiiu is set up, but as is I'll just leave the thing on until I'm done playing the game. I won't bitch hard until the next Zelda is released and requires using it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

or wait for Devil's Third aka the second coming of gaming's greatest visionary, Tomonobu Itagaki.

You guys are just trolling by recommending this game, right? Granted I only saw the footage from E3, but it looked like a pretty lovely game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

You guys are just trolling by recommending this game, right? Granted I only saw the footage from E3, but it looked like a pretty lovely game.

Of course he's trolling, all Team Ninja games are and have always been garbage.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ninja Gaiden took a massive nosedive with NG3, it's bewilderingly bad. The Wii U version is a revision that attempts to fix/reverse all the mistakes they made the first time but it's still not a good game. Get Wonderful 101 instead, or wait for Devil's Third aka the second coming of gaming's greatest visionary, Tomonobu Itagaki.

Razor's Edge at least makes the game playable and kind of interesting, having other weapons than the Dragon Sword is nice even though they're all more or less inferior to it. Razor's Edge takes a slightly different approach to the NG formula where yeah enemies are kinda broken and crazy, but you're expected to be working towards and then chaining your steel on bone one hit kills asap, kinda like ultimate techniques in Black/NG2. I thought it was pretty fun once I got the hang of it. I played it on 360 so I can't vouch for the Wii U version myself.

Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are still better games overall for sure though!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ninja Gaiden took the inexplicable and idiotic route of making boss fights more difficult by filling the arenas with obnoxious trash enemies that hit you from offscreen. Bayonetta knows how to do boss fights well, just you and the boss.

The OG xbox Ninja Gaiden did this well so I'm not sure why the hosed with it for the next iterations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

PantsBandit posted:

Ninja Gaiden took the inexplicable and idiotic route of making boss fights more difficult by filling the arenas with obnoxious trash enemies that hit you from offscreen. Bayonetta knows how to do boss fights well, just you and the boss.

The OG xbox Ninja Gaiden did this well so I'm not sure why the hosed with it for the next iterations.

Itagaki went insane.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

JordanKai posted:

Itagaki went insane.

But he gave us Wolverine claws on our hands AND feet and then created a combat system revolving around dismemberment so maybe more like insanely awesome.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I just finished. What an amazing game! And there is so much to unlock!

I love in the end, when the carriage goes by and a card falls out, it is the Fool tarot.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I wish the chainsaws had better combos. For that matter, I feel like a lot of weapons lack good combos in this one. The whip needs more as well.

Also I really miss the claws from Bayo 1 that could lay bombs. Those things ruled.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

PantsBandit posted:

I wish the chainsaws had better combos. For that matter, I feel like a lot of weapons lack good combos in this one. The whip needs more as well.

Also I really miss the claws from Bayo 1 that could lay bombs. Those things ruled.

I think the whip is meant to set up combos. I can't really figure out how to reliably do grabs with it though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I only just finished Chapter IV last night. Jesus Christ that was one of the best battles in any game ever and this is only like a fifth of the way into the game.
I was already sold on the game once I previewed the "Breakdance" move though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I think the whip is meant to set up combos. I can't really figure out how to reliably do grabs with it though.

Witch time allows for grabs on basically anything.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

how do you use the arm cannon with the samus outfit? Do you have to have charge shot unlocked?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't like how you only get a tiny fraction of usual witch time duration against enraged enemies :(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

how do you use the arm cannon with the samus outfit? Do you have to have charge shot unlocked?

It just replaces the regular gun shots, your combos are still from your other weapons.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Witch time allows for grabs on basically anything.

so does umbran climax

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011
I tried to do witch trial 5 for an hour yesterday and thought i had lost a step. Turns out i still had my gaze of despair equipped whoooops.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Alraune an unlockable character? She looked pretty cool and seemed to be human fighter-sized.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

notZaar posted:

It just replaces the regular gun shots, your combos are still from your other weapons.

Huh, weird. I thought that was supposed to be it but I tried it out last night and I just had my regular guns.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Alraune an unlockable character? She looked pretty cool and seemed to be human fighter-sized.

Unfortunately not. I thought it was pretty weird too because she seems to have a moveset that could be sizable enough even as just a Tag Climax character.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Unfortunately not. I thought it was pretty weird too because she seems to have a moveset that could be sizable enough even as just a Tag Climax character.

Maybe there will be dlc in the future. Platinum, please release dlc if that is what is needed to get Bayonetta 3 green lit. I will buy all of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

Maybe there will be dlc in the future. Platinum, please release dlc if that is what is needed to get Bayonetta 3 green lit. I will buy all of it.

Sadly if there was going to be DLC we'd probably have heard about it already.

I wanted playable Luka. Give him the ability to swing around and be generally useless. And his Umbral Climax is Wonder Goggles.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'd assume that there isn't going to be any DLC, but if there is, more tag climax characters would be cool.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

Huh, weird. I thought that was supposed to be it but I tried it out last night and I just had my regular guns.

Works for me, don't know what to tell ya. When I hold down the y button Scarb. Fair disappears and she shoots little energy pellets from her arm.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Sadly if there was going to be DLC we'd probably have heard about it already.

I wanted playable Luka. Give him the ability to swing around and be generally useless. And his Umbral Climax is Wonder Goggles.

You're probably right, but it's not like they don't have a wealth of stuff they could mine even before adding in the Nintendo partnership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

notZaar posted:

Works for me, don't know what to tell ya. When I hold down the y button Scarb. Fair disappears and she shoots little energy pellets from her arm.

Oh, I thought it would just replace the guns like the arwing blasters do. I guess I have to hit Y to use it. Good to know.

• Locked thread