Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

goatse guy posted:

I'll let you guys know what name he decides on.

well goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

"Bring the dog"

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Who said chivalry is dead?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

That's one hell of an opener. I apparently need to step up my game a bit.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

leica posted:

Dodge Caravan. No I'm not joking. If you can get over the "I'm not driving a minivan" crap they are great cars with the most utility possible that's not a truck. You can get a low mileage GEN 4 ('01-'07) for under 10k easy and if you stay away from the Grand Caravan you get the 3.3 over the 3.8 which is a better motor. Transmissions are fine if you use the right fluids and stay on top of it, and you'll average close to 30 on the highway. They are great highway cruisers and you can fit a metric fuckton in them, especially with the seats out.

Only car I know that can go from a people mover to a moving van to a lumber hauler with ease in one day.

Also once you get used to sliding doors you'll always want them :v:

Is that the body style with the factory mopar zipties?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

Obviously Frank Jr.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
What happened to that dude with the sweet-rear end Mercedes?

...Is he still available?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CornHolio posted:

What happened to that dude with the sweet-rear end Mercedes?

...Is he still available?

I have mixed feelings about dating him. We've been friends for a really long time and have a ton in common and I know that he'd treat me really well, but I hate dating friends because it always ends poorly. We also work for the same company now, so that adds an extra layer of bullshit to the mixture.

I will hopefully be seeing him on Friday though.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

goatse guy posted:

I have mixed feelings about dating him. We've been friends for a really long time and have a ton in common and I know that he'd treat me really well, but I hate dating friends because it always ends poorly. We also work for the same company now, so that adds an extra layer of bullshit to the mixture.

Dating co-workers almost always ends in tears...a wise choice. Don't go dipping your pen in company ink. Or in your case goatse guy, don't get your ink dipped by a company pen. :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

Who says you have to date him?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

MrChips posted:

Dating co-workers almost always ends in tears...a wise choice. Don't go dipping your pen in company ink. Or in your case goatse guy, don't get your ink dipped by a company pen. :v:

I went on a date with someone from the service department at my dealership, and now I feel hella salty whenever I see him at work because he always says that he doesn't have time to see me.

At least I'll never have to see my friend at work, because he's in the corporate office and I'm at a dealership.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Why am I finding it so hard to find a warehouse stocking job that works with the hours I keep at my day job? All I want is to get paid to work out!

I work 8:30 - 16:00 M-F so it's not like it's a super tight schedule or anything...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

goatse guy posted:

Well at least he's being honest and upfront

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

goatse guy posted:

Hawt.

I tried installing Tinder the other day, but it wanted everything from my Facebook profile, probably even my next of kin, so it got deleted.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

the spyder posted:

Re: Sportwagon

Have you considered a second gen XB?
My girl and I were basically looking for the same poo poo, replace kid hauling with dog and camping/hauling outdoorsy stuff places and it works great. We really really wanted the Mazda 3 HB but couldn't stomach the price premium. She's averaging 27.5mpg mixed driving over the past 25k with a few road trips thrown in there.

It's not sexy, but it's reliable, decent mpg for a huge box and you can get it in stick. After we had ours for a year my buddy ended up buying one to haul his kids around in and it has a ton of space.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

goatse guy posted:

At my last company, my boss kept throwing me into meetings with the new girl. When that didn't work, she (my boss) asked her (new girl) if she was single, and then told her that I thought she was cute. My boss eventually relayed this after two months or so, and I later asked new girl out on a date. Just hit one year of marriage! We changed jobs, got married, and moved in the same week. Don't do that part. God drat.

My now former boss has been very pleased with herself. So, it can work, but the concerns definitely make sense.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

goatse guy posted:

the spyder, it's my duty as a Hyundai salesperson to recommend a CPO Hyundai. A 10-year/100k-mile warranty means you can drive it without worrying about what will break next, and my Elantra gets 34 mpg average. Mine was listing at just over 12k. It's gutless and soulless, but I literally could not give two shits about it, so it's perfect for the type of person who already has a project or two to worry about.

STR, good luck. The two biggest things that helped me with my alcoholism were Naltrexeone and quitting the restaurant industry forever.

The store I'm transferring to is a delco (delivery/carry out) - no alcohol whatsoever. Still stuck at the store with the bar until the GM hires a replacement though.

That'll help more than a bit. And i've had Naltrexone before with no side effects aside from making my skin feel... odd.

CountOfNowhere posted:

Why am I finding it so hard to find a warehouse stocking job that works with the hours I keep at my day job? All I want is to get paid to work out!

I work 8:30 - 16:00 M-F so it's not like it's a super tight schedule or anything...

Check out UPS. I think 2nd shift (think they call it twilight) would work perfect for you. I want to say it's 6-10 or 7-11, and they do 4 hour shifts with a 10 minute break (at least, they did when I worked there... 10 years ago). They pay decent for what it is.

Though god help you if you wind up as a loader. Definitely the hardest job in the place, and was what I did. I loaded 2-3 18 wheeler trailers a night.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So, on a not so fun note, I suspect I am going to be asked this evening to suspend the account of a good friend at my office and lock him down for layoff.

:smith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

The store I'm transferring to is a delco (delivery/carry out) - no alcohol whatsoever. Still stuck at the store with the bar until the GM hires a replacement though.

That'll help more than a bit. And i've had Naltrexone before with no side effects aside from making my skin feel... odd.

I've never worked at a restaurant that served alcohol, but I still had a problem from the huge amount of stress and the rather lax/nonexistent drug and alcohol use policies in place.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

So, on a not so fun note, I suspect I am going to be asked this evening to suspend the account of a good friend at my office and lock him down for layoff.

That's lovely, man, condolences :smith:

In my lovely news of the day, it appears that my shitbreathing fuckhead aunt and uncle stole my grandmother's house (and therefore the proceeds of the sale) from my mother and her sister through legal trickery. They preyed on a lonely, dying old woman who was also going senile. The worst part is that we suspected they had done this before my grandmother even passed away but nobody else in the extended family would believe us. My family could also really use the extra money right now, since we are kind of barely scraping by and were counting on the money from the house to help pay off some debts.

I am so loving angry right now that I'm calm.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm a fuckin' wizard of the dark (paint) arts (buffing):

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

CommieGIR posted:

This is the worst part of being in IT. I ran internal infrastructure at one of my old jobs and had a girl who was getting fired the next day asking me advice on how to be better at her job. It killed me cause she was trying really hard to do the job, but it just was not right for her.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CountOfNowhere posted:

Your mileage may vary but Lowe's (and I'm guessing HD) has both morning and night stockers to unload the truck and put away freight/minor stocking. If I had to deal with retail again it's the only position I'd even consider. Should be easy to get since they seemed to go through stockers like crazy, they just never showed up or...did work. I think morning was around 5:30 to 9:30am and night was 6:30 to 10:30pm, then they had loaders for pushing carts, loading heavy items for customers (get certed on the forklift, become a god), plus they always need weekend people at home improvement stores.

I can't believe I just recommended someone work at Lowe's.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 29, 2014

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

Check out UPS. I think 2nd shift (think they call it twilight) would work perfect for you. I want to say it's 6-10 or 7-11, and they do 4 hour shifts with a 10 minute break (at least, they did when I worked there... 10 years ago). They pay decent for what it is.

Though god help you if you wind up as a loader. Definitely the hardest job in the place, and was what I did. I loaded 2-3 18 wheeler trailers a night.

Applying now for this: http://jobs-ups.com/portland/package-handler-part-time/jobid5578304-package-handler-part-time-jobs

It is even in my zip code!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Phone posted:

I'm a fuckin' wizard of the dark (paint) arts (buffing):

I thought that first picture was of a cement floor when I first looked at it. Nice job.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Windows 10 is getting a Linux style package manager called OneGet.

loving GIMME THIS RIGHT NOW!!! The Linux admin here is pissed but I'm just drooling at the prospect of a package manage leveraged with Active Directory and GPO's. We have a couple of thousand Linux servers and it's just so easy to change anything across the board - and now we can get that with Windows without SCCM or other heavyweight applications? YES I WANT NOW

(But for now I guess I'll stick to SCCM)

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Cat Terrist posted:

Windows 10 is getting a Linux style package manager called OneGet.

loving GIMME THIS RIGHT NOW!!! The Linux admin here is pissed but I'm just drooling at the prospect of a package manage leveraged with Active Directory and GPO's. We have a couple of thousand Linux servers and it's just so easy to change anything across the board - and now we can get that with Windows without SCCM or other heavyweight applications? YES I WANT NOW

(But for now I guess I'll stick to SCCM)

But does it still require Windows to reboot after every update?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Windows 10 is getting Cortana too, allegedly

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Windows 10 is getting Cortana too, allegedly

As long as I can rid of that poo poo, that's fine.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

Its easy. Frank Jr for a boy, Tinderella for a girl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like it when I have two experiences in one week that remind me of what a loving piece of poo poo I used to be.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

As long as I can rid of that poo poo, that's fine.

No way, I wanna talk to Cortana. It's the same girl from Halo :allears:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nodoze posted:

No way, I wanna talk to Cortana. It's the same girl from Halo :allears:

Now I REALLY want to make sure it's uninstalled.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God dammit just found out that Judas Priest is in town tomorrow. Not only am I still broke, but I've got class til like 10. :mad:

And this is probably their last tour, too. :negative:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno, what can you tell me about this new avengers movie ultron character. I read the Marvel Wiki on it and I just about was brain dead by the end of it. I'd like to have some insight on what version/direction you think they'll be basing the character off of. Like I don't get what the huge iron man suit is about, are they putting the hulk in a suit?

I feel like asking you this question makes me everything you hate

Edit: I don't even dare dip a toe in BSS to see if I can find an answer.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Rhyno, what can you tell me about this new avengers movie ultron character. I read the Marvel Wiki on it and I just about was brain dead by the end of it. I'd like to have some insight on what version/direction you think they'll be basing the character off of. Like I don't get what the huge iron man suit is about, are they putting the hulk in a suit?

I feel like asking you this question makes me everything you hate

Edit: I don't even dare dip a toe in BSS to see if I can find an answer.

The big Iron Man suit is his Hulk Buster armor, which is used for fighting the Hulk. Ultron was made by Hank Pym and was an AI that turned bad essentially

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But in the movie, Ultron will be created by Tony Stark.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Geirskogul posted:

But in the movie, Ultron will be created by Tony Stark.

Yep.

Hank Pym is Ant man and that movie isn't coming out until after the avengers. Honestly it seems Hollywood is now taking "inspiration" from the comics instead of basing the movies on them.

They'll go to poo poo soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I haven't seen any of the superhero movies but I'm so loving stoked for Ant Man. I love Paul Rudd.

• Locked thread