Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Orv posted:

Going live with Lords of the Fallen here in a minute or two. Given that the game immediately exe crashed the first time I started it up it may be a rough ride. :v:

Watched a bit of that. Not sure if it was the stream, but the controls looked kinda janky. Also hated how the enemies just jumped on you superfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ardennes posted:

Yeah thats it, personally I would play 2 and then Brotherhood, skip Revelations and 3 and then move on Black Flag if you're not entire of the AC style of doing things yet (I was to be honest by the end of Brotherhood).
People should stop recommending skipping Revelations. It's a good game

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Teleglitch - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=R5DXNUmHy4tZkYpf
Insanely Shadow planet or whatever - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=5fvZdVna2KMTD2hy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

al-azad posted:

Hack 'n' Slash was the winner of that year and surprise surprise a game with a clear objective and solid concept was finished and better received. I don't know why they even started on Spacebase.

I agree with you they should have dumped it and not started. But Hack n Slash, while a neat concept, was ultimately pretty mediocre too and really has made me weary of buying another DF game... It's nice that they're giving out free copies if you own one or the other I guess :shrug:. Here's to hoping Massive Chalice ends up being good :unsmith:

Anyways I got a copy of that Spacebase piece of poo poo due to (regrettably) buying HnS. So if anyone is REALLY interested in it, send me a PM or drop your SteamID and I'll fire it off later after work.Sent to Jonathan Yeah

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 28, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

Here's to hoping Massive Chalice ends up being good :unsmith:

:laugh:

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Is there any doublefine charm in spacebase at all?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

yeah I know, shame on me. But Rogue Legacy was cool so maybe they could make something better with the concept...? Nah :(

E: Also that's a good bundle. I wanted Tower of Guns for awhile. Here's Insanely Twisted which I got in a bundle 5 years ago and never played so here's a duplicate https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=KywRWs8C7z87TrTC

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's a fuckin excellent humble bundle. And FREE TELEGLITCH!!!

Free Teleglitch and a whole bunch of Risk of Rain gift copies is loving awesome. Both of these are amazingly good games, and RoR just got an engine overhaul.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lemon Curdistan posted:

RoR just got an engine overhaul.

That's cool. How is it different? I liked and played RoR a bit when it first came out but got kinda tired after 6 hours of it and it felt a little janky in control.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

honestly it runs worse on my lovely laptop after the overhaul

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I love when humble bundles come out and a batch of games get ported to mac at the same time.

I used to boot into windows just to play Risk of Rain but now I don't have to.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Bundles and digital distribution are seriously the best thing that has ever happened to gaming. I have gotten so many, many games for basically free that I would never have even thought about trying before. Some of them are real gems worth keeping an eye on the developer for, too.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

ImPureAwesome posted:

It's a perfectly good demo of a game that could have been.

It's not worth any amount of money though. It has less actual gameplay than your average Free to Play game. I actually kinda admire the balls on them charging for it still.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ImPureAwesome posted:

Don't buy it. It is a not even half finished game shoved out the door.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
So many Steam threads...

I need to ask a question. I live in Australia. Can I avoid all the ANZ version bullshit? More to the point with Borderlands 2?

A while back myself and my partner played through all of Borderlands and most of the DLC on 360. We got Borderlands 2 but I found the menus for it splitscreen infuriatingly hard to see and use so we never got far.

I'm trying to hunt down a couple of cheap Steam keys or whatever so we can play through #2 and get to the pre-sequel. I just want to know what I'm looking for. Especially if there are special snowflake versions out there. I'm still bitter over L4D2 (They didn't say it was a gimped version until after I got it) and Saints Row IV (Just gently caress you censorship board). The last thing I want to do is buy something crippled or useless.
Also I only just discovered Borderlands 2 was ported to Linux. That's a big + for me.

So, please help with any region-centric info anyone may know about it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xaris posted:

That's cool. How is it different? I liked and played RoR a bit when it first came out but got kinda tired after 6 hours of it and it felt a little janky in control.

The controls are the same, what's changed is that they finally fixed the no sound bug that some people were getting, and upgraded to a version of the engine that will run worse baseline on low-end machines but has much fewer issues dealing with having lots of stuff onscreen, so the game doesn't chug anywhere near as much on the later levels or repeated loops.

Also, the same update added two new characters to the game (Loader and Chef).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Niggurath posted:

So it looks like Coin Crypt and Dungeon of the Endless just left EA and I've heard some pretty good things about both titles. Anyone got some opinions on how the finished products play?

Coin Crypt is really good. Interesting mechanics due to the coins are everything AND your money so you have to decide whether you can afford to buy/donate to gods. Also lots of classes and unlockables that don't feel like a chore to get, especially classes as you use your money from a gameover to put money towards new ones.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Don't buy it. It is a not even half finished game shoved out the door.

This, although they do plan to release a lot of the source, it's frankly unfinished, and the 1.0 patch managed to break a bunch more stuff, robbing them of the clean break they wanted to be in the arms of a younger, tighter and altogether more attractive project.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

General_Failure posted:

So many Steam threads...

I need to ask a question. I live in Australia. Can I avoid all the ANZ version bullshit? More to the point with Borderlands 2?

A while back myself and my partner played through all of Borderlands and most of the DLC on 360. We got Borderlands 2 but I found the menus for it splitscreen infuriatingly hard to see and use so we never got far.

I'm trying to hunt down a couple of cheap Steam keys or whatever so we can play through #2 and get to the pre-sequel. I just want to know what I'm looking for. Especially if there are special snowflake versions out there. I'm still bitter over L4D2 (They didn't say it was a gimped version until after I got it) and Saints Row IV (Just gently caress you censorship board). The last thing I want to do is buy something crippled or useless.
Also I only just discovered Borderlands 2 was ported to Linux. That's a big + for me.

If you buy a different region key from reseller site (nuveem; amazon; etc) your game will be that keys region. Same, when you have a game gifted to you through steam, the game will be of the buyers region.
Keep in mind, that some (very few) publishers don't allow keys from different regions to be activated on your account, but as far as I know, borderlands should be no problem.

Source: german goon here and steam refuses to implement an age check - but I never had a problem with foreign keys (for saints row 3 I needed to use a vpn, but only for activation)

edit: I was curious and checked, Borderlands 2 is not censored anywhere. From your post, I assumed, it was.

Dr Sun Try fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 28, 2014

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Dr Suntory posted:

If you buy a different region key from reseller site (nuveem; amazon; etc) your game will be that keys region. Same, when you have a game gifted to you through steam, the game will be of the buyers region.
Keep in mind, that some (very few) publishers don't allow keys from different regions to be activated on your account, but as far as I know, borderlands should be no problem.

Source: german goon here and steam refuses to implement an age check - but I never had a problem with foreign keys (for saints row 3 I needed to use a vpn, but only for activation)

edit: I was curious and checked, Borderlands 2 is not censored anywhere. From your post, I assumed, it was.

Thanks for that info.

I assumed it was too, because I keep seeing ANZ versions of it. Okay whatever. That's just weird.

I guess one of the other threads are the correct one to hit to find better prices than Steam's wallet-raping US$39.99 per copy of the base game.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
What's a Teleglitch? :confused: Does anyone know?

Probably something Insanely Twisted :v:

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

FadedReality posted:

I will see just how twisted it is. Thanks!

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

FadedReality posted:

What's a Teleglitch? :confused: Does anyone know?

Isn't that a top down strategic shooter or something like that who's gimmick is a variety of graphical effects to portray some kind of electronic malfunction?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

General_Failure posted:

Isn't that a top down strategic shooter or something like that who's gimmick is a variety of graphical effects to portray some kind of electronic malfunction?

lol

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

I should pay more attention. Or less.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

General_Failure posted:

What's Five Night's at Freddy's? Isn't that the game where you're at your friend Fred's house and you eat his food and you just chill out, mutally j/o like best bros and get drunk

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Teleglitch is actually pretty fun. I really should get back to it. And now I have a good excuse to get friends into Risk of Rain because I certainly didn't play enough of that.

edit: also, there's an Origin Halloween sale: https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/deals/pages/halloweentreatsale

Titanfall $15, BF4 $21, etc

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

What's Five Night's at Freddy's? Isn't that the game where you're at your friend Fred's house and you eat his food and you just chill out, mutally j/o like best bros and get drunk

Only if you tell him "Ken Sent Me" and skip all the dicking around.

Eh, that's what I get furiously procrastinating to sending little green men to their death performing complex orbital manoeuvres , pre-coffee, while reading SA.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

would play that game

e: new octodad dlc

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Awesome! posted:

would play that game

e: new octodad dlc

x2.

Awesome on the Octodad DLC too.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

General_Failure posted:

So many Steam threads...

Censored Australian versions are actually pretty drat uncommon. Left 4 Dead 2, Saints Row 4, the original Borderlands and Mortal Kombat are the main games affected in the last few years. To the best of my knowledge, Borderlands 2 did not get censored for Australia (or anywhere else, for that matter).

With that said: no, outside of digging through Steam DB, there's no way to know if a version is censored.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Trip Report: The Detail

So I bought it because it looked interesting - comic-book noir style, like a more grounded Fables game. Sadly, it didn't really live up to my expectations. It's not bad really, but the animations are stiff and the story is kinda a mess. Why does these gritty detectives get so worked up about the murder of a crime boss? They are so bent on solving that case that they even bring back a police informant that's been out of the gangster life for years, and for some reason the informant just goes "Eh sure I'll put my life on risk for this bullshit, but you owe me a big one!" Why do the worst cop duo ever decide it's a good idea to enter a hotel once it's clear it host to a literal gang convention? Also, note this is just episode 1 of a series. Might become better, but I'd wait till the full series is 75% off in some future sale.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saoshyant posted:

There's 17 Nancy Drew games on GMG and 90% of them only cost 1.75€. In an age people just film themselves playing terrible games for the amusement of others, one would think an enterprising goon would be hoarding those and becoming an Internet Celebrity(tm). Ball's on your side of the field, corn in the bible.

ok

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Delusibeta posted:

Censored Australian versions are actually pretty drat uncommon. Left 4 Dead 2, Saints Row 4, the original Borderlands and Mortal Kombat are the main games affected in the last few years. To the best of my knowledge, Borderlands 2 did not get censored for Australia (or anywhere else, for that matter).

With that said: no, outside of digging through Steam DB, there's no way to know if a version is censored.

Borderlands 2 was 100% not censored. The ANZ versions exactly the same as the US version but for price gouging cretins so get it from Nuuvem or somewhere that isn't Steam or GMG.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is Olliolli one of those games where you have to be good at memorization and junk, like the Bit.Trip games?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when it dropped on vita people described it as a 2d THPS

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Morter posted:

Is Olliolli one of those games where you have to be good at memorization and junk, like the Bit.Trip games?

So-so, from what I've seen. You get enough forewarning of what's coming to string something together. You still have to memorise a couple of moves and be able to spot good places to perform them (and of course have quick enough fingers to pull it off), so there's always that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I get home to find an amazing message telling me I have 7 new items in my inventory. I groaned out loud. I'm so tired of this coupon bullshit.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Hey guys, here's a random screenshot with no explanation or context!

Just sharing! OK see ya!

• Locked thread