Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Aphrodite posted:

That said Captain Marvel better be a drat superhero movie,

Nope, it will be a poignant drama about an alcoholic female pilot, who feels sorry for herself until a handsome stranger arrives at her small town. After spending the majority of the film learning to trust and love again, in the last 10 minutes she'll learn he's Mar-Vell of the Kree, who then leaves to go fight Thanos.

Katherine Heigl will be Captain Marvel, Matthew McCoughaney will be Mar-Vell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I guess with the announcement of the Inhumans movie, we can officially look forward to Marvel's next summer event "No More Mutants, No Seriously, We Don't Care About Them, They're Gonna Fuckin' Die Or Something"?

Deadpool posted:

They mentioned that Panther will definitely be part of Captain America 3, I believe that's why they had him Downey and Evans on stage together.

If the scene in the Avengers 2 trailer with the broken shield isn't a bluff, I hope Black Panther's role in Cap 3 is to just show up and say "Hi I brought some vibranium and WOW you hosed that shield up good."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
She'll buff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

For all the hoopla about Wonder Woman, it's very possible that Captain Marvel is on film first at the end of Avengers 2.

I could see Carol showing up as just an Air Force Captain in a couple of scenes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I could see Carol showing up as just an Air Force Captain in a couple of scenes.

I could certainly see an Easter egg of a pilot giving the Avengers air support and the callsign Cheeseburger gets thrown out there.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kal-L posted:

Nope, it will be a poignant drama about an alcoholic female pilot, who feels sorry for herself until a handsome stranger arrives at her small town.

She's from Boston, the alcoholism is expected and encouraged :colbert:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Bonus scene from Age of Ultron shown today.

Can't really tell what that first line is, but heyyyy~

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Boston, you say? Mark Wahlberg for Carol Danvers!

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Blake Lively as Carol Danvers. Ryan Reynolds as Simon Williams. Peter Starsgaard as MODOK.

"You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones butt cheeks?!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BrianWilly posted:

He HATES that WOOD!!!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BrianWilly posted:

Stark says "Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sounds like Wanda's power does some Scarecrow poo poo, which explains the Hulk/Iron Man throwdown.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Gaz-L posted:

Sounds like Wanda's power does some Scarecrow poo poo, which explains the Hulk/Iron Man throwdown.

Also explains the broken-shield-dead-on-an-asteriod scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Well, Maximoff is confirmed as the last name.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
They're having a dialogue somewhere pretty and outside, how about that.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My best case scenario is that Kamala Khan shows up in Captain Marvel as Carol's sidekick/tech support and gets somehow Terrigen awakened to set up Inhumans and let her be Ms. Marvel down the road.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope the stiff competition from marvel and Dc makes fox and sony actually start making good spider man and FF movies. If they don't then I hope they bomb.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sleepingbuddha posted:

Seriously though, it's a great time to be a huge loving nerd.
This is true.

Monaghan posted:

I really hope the stiff competition from marvel and Dc makes fox and sony actually start making good spider man and FF movies. If they don't then I hope they bomb.

As awful as it may sound to hope a film will bomb, seeing those properties return to the Marvel fold would be great, but Fox will literally make ash can films to prevent FF and the X Men from reverting(IIRC Fox and Disney hate each re:Marvel). Sony you may see a loan or co pro possibly, even without a failure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Solaris Knight posted:

My best case scenario is that Kamala Khan shows up in Captain Marvel as Carol's sidekick/tech support and gets somehow Terrigen awakened to set up Inhumans and let her be Ms. Marvel down the road.

I was thinking this would be the plot of Captain Marvel 2, and crap, I misread it as 2016, not 2018. I don't want to wait 3 years for mai waifu to be in film.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Electromax posted:

They're having a dialogue somewhere pretty and outside, how about that.

Shredder won and the Avengers had to goto a farmhouse upstate.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

NienNunb posted:

If they do go for a TV actor I would not mind Natalie Dormer at all.

She had a minor part in Captain America 1, so not sure if that would work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rough Lobster posted:

Peter Quill's mom was also in Cap 1, so its not far fetched.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhodey changed faces, someone having the same one is okay.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
All this news is cool but I find myself looking forward to the Daredevil Netflix series more than anything since Daredevil is awesome and got the shaft in his one film. Anyone know if they're releasing it all at once or week by week?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Netflix's policy is all at once.

Amazon do the week-by-week thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When it comes to burnout, there have been movies about superpowered people for a long time. It's just relatively recently that there have been a lot of Marvel and DC ones . And there are still movies about other superpowered people right alongside the Marvel and DC movies - even featuring some of the same actors.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

When it comes to burnout, there have been movies about superpowered people for a long time. It's just relatively recently that there have been a lot of Marvel and DC ones . And there are still movies about other superpowered people right alongside the Marvel and DC movies - even featuring some of the same actors.

Sherlock Holmes has more super powers than Hawkeye.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Rough Lobster posted:

"Is it true you kissed my grandma?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Sherlock Holmes has more super powers than Hawkeye.

But does Sherlock Holmes have a one-eyed dog? Check and mate.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

lomzus posted:

From the event, Black Panther will appear in full costume in Captain America 3. Will play a large role.

Feige said this about Civil War.

I don’t want to give too much away, but needless to say, the generalities of the act are the same. Something happens, perhaps it’s cumulative for things that have happened though all of the movies leading up to this point. It has made the governments of the world say “we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody. So it becomes more… it falls under that umbrella, rather than “you have to take off your mask.” It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question.

oh man if BP got to take Spider-man's place in Civil War that would be cool as poo poo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

But does Sherlock Holmes have a one-eyed dog? Check and mate.

He does have Arthur Dent as a sidekick.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Didn't they show new scenes from AoU this week on AoS? Anyone got a link?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrPaper posted:

oh man if BP got to take Spider-man's place in Civil War that would be cool as poo poo

So what are the current rumors about Spider-Man ever appearing in a Disney Marvel movie? If I recall its generally considered to be the only one of the major non Disney properties that is thought possible.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Rough Lobster posted:

A minor part? Wasn't she Sharon Carter?

Nevermind: That was the revenge girl not her.

Ed Brubaker played a scientist in Cap 2? Did I miss a scene?

vvv I completely missed that he said Cap 1. Now I remember her! vvv

Shawn fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 29, 2014

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TwoPair posted:

So I guess with the announcement of the Inhumans movie, we can officially look forward to Marvel's next summer event "No More Mutants, No Seriously, We Don't Care About Them, They're Gonna Fuckin' Die Or Something"?

I think it'll just be more of them cramming Inhumans into every situation they can like they've been slowly doing. I could never believe something like the FF cancellation rumors for X-Men just from the sheer size of the IP and how it has like a dozen different ongoings at a time. I usually don't keep up with all the X-titles, but then when I go back to check them out I realize how freaking massive the mutant side of the story is.

Overall there are a lot of dumb nerds things this news has me looking forward to but I think the inevitable scene of Black Bolt screaming is near the top of the list. :black101:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shawn posted:

A minor part? Wasn't she Sharon Carter?

Nevermind: That was the revenge girl not her.

Yeah, Dormer was in Cap 1, not 2. She was the super-hot Women's Auxiliary soldier that pounces on Cap to try and take his V-card about halfway through.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

omg chael crash posted:

Didn't they show new scenes from AoU this week on AoS? Anyone got a link?

Shield isn't on until 9 tonight

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gfanikf posted:

So what are the current rumors about Spider-Man ever appearing in a Disney Marvel movie? If I recall its generally considered to be the only one of the major non Disney properties that is thought possible.

Rumors are that Sony is open to negotiations because Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn't too well-received and it's put a hold on their plans to make more Spider-Man related films. Disney didn't seem to have any interest before, but it looks like they're going all-out on the films and getting Spider-Man in Avengers would be a plus.

Feige today said that until they're confirmed they're just rumors, but he was somewhat cagey and didn't outright deny the possibility.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Realistically, what are the chances for a Miles Morales Spider-Man film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just to clarify; Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Dr Strange, yes? Perhaps they just haven't finalised anything yet but it seemed conspicuously absent from this evening's raft of announcements.

• Locked thread