Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??

Depths posted:

Which case should i get for my wallet?

Obviously you should go caseless and just put grip tape on the edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kri kri posted:

And put your rewards programs into google wallet

Yet another American luxury.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Depths posted:

Which case should i get for my wallet?

Create a cardboard cut-out first and see how the extra bulk would fit in your jeans.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Both Moto X and Droid Turbo specs list this:

Processor (Turbo)
2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (quad-core)
Adreno 420 GPU (600MHz)
Motorola Mobile Computing System
Natural Language Processor
Contextual Computing Processor

System Architecture/Processor (Moto X 2014)
Motorola Mobile Computing System including 2.5GHz Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 801 with quad-core CPU (MSM 8974-AC), Adreno 330 @ 578 MHz GPU, Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor

Is this language processor and contextual computing processor part of the Snapdragon 801/805? Or are they putting in something additional, like they did on the X 2013?

Just wondering, because if it's inherent to the SOC, and will also be part of the Nexus 6 abilities, wouldn't that mean that everything capable (snapdragon 800 and above?) will have similar functionality after the Lollipop upgrade?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I have a money clip and roll with the Sony "Mao's Eyes" Z3C because I only wear slim trousers and jeggings.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Civil posted:

Is this language processor and contextual computing processor part of the Snapdragon 801/805? Or are they putting in something additional, like they did on the X 2013?

Just wondering, because if it's inherent to the SOC, and will also be part of the Nexus 6 abilities, wouldn't that mean that everything capable (snapdragon 800 and above?) will have similar functionality after the Lollipop upgrade?

The language/contextual computing processor is separate from the 801/805. The 801 and 805 have always-on listening but Motorola decided it wasn't good enough for their purposes so they rolled their own solution.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

big mean giraffe posted:

Why carry car insurance poo poo in your wallet? Stick that in your glovebox like a normal person.
Because I drive more than one vehicle? One is in the glove box as well, but its nice to have the card just in case Im in a different vehicle.

And I made a video of me playing with the above setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKnoSOv_D9k

Clint Howard
Jul 16, 2006

by zen death robot

BoyBlunder posted:

Did you not test with a cardboard cutout for proper jort measurement beforehand? What kind of goon are you?

Hughmoris posted:

Create a cardboard cut-out first and see how the extra bulk would fit in your jeans.

I just wanted to know how it would fit in my hand and pockets, okay! Leave me alone! :cry:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kri kri posted:

And put your rewards programs into google wallet

I'd gladly do this, but I have never gotten my membership card to scan at either of the grocery stores I go to. It just always ends up in me waving my phone in front of the scanner for 30 seconds before admitting defeat and getting the card out. (tried on multiple phones and brightness settings)

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

XIII posted:

I'd gladly do this, but I have never gotten my membership card to scan at either of the grocery stores I go to. It just always ends up in me waving my phone in front of the scanner for 30 seconds before admitting defeat and getting the card out. (tried on multiple phones and brightness settings)

Do you have an AMOLED screen? The subpixel layout is probably confusing the scanner.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

nimper posted:

Do you have an AMOLED screen? The subpixel layout is probably confusing the scanner.

Yeah, all the phones I've tried have been AMOLED.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

mugrim posted:

Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 moto x dev edition (I need more than 16gb drat it). Any hugely reccomended purchases to go with it?

My Moto X purchases:

http://www.amazon.com/RND-compatible-without-slim-fit-black/dp/B00FD2AQGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414526808&sr=8-1&keywords=moto+x+dock

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E24KTYM?psc=1

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire
I want to replace my Samsung Galaxy Nexus - but I just can't find anything that sounds similarly awesome :/
It should be about the same size and I'd like my phone to be as sturdy as can be without a case...

Is the Z3 compact my only choice?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

big mean giraffe posted:

Why carry car insurance poo poo in your wallet? Stick that in your glovebox like a normal person.

Healthcare, not car.

On another note, I've been using my Razr HD MAXX as a Chromecast remote for my bedroom. In the dark on dark screens, I can clearly see where the on screen button area is worn differently than the rest of the display. I used that phone in daily rotation for only about a year.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

This reminds me. Stupid Amazon app still doesn't catch Amazon URLs and open them.

Warthog posted:

I want to replace my Samsung Galaxy Nexus - but I just can't find anything that sounds similarly awesome :/
It should be about the same size and I'd like my phone to be as sturdy as can be without a case...

2013 Moto X

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
To any one carrying your SS card in your wallet: :psyduck: have you even needed to whip that bad boy out for any purpose? It's a huge mistake.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, that seems strange to me. I don't really see any reason to do so. I only ever need it every few years at most and 100% of the time I will know it well in advance.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

To any one carrying your SS card in your wallet: :psyduck: have you even needed to whip that bad boy out for any purpose? It's a huge mistake.

Every time I visit the doctor. That's how it works here (it's your social security and national health insurance card). But here the social security number itself is nearly irrelevant, unlike the US where it apparently is enough to take over an identity together with some other infos.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, that seems strange to me. I don't really see any reason to do so. I only ever need it every few years at most and 100% of the time I will know it well in advance.

Decius posted:

Every time I visit the doctor. That's how it works here (it's your social security and national health insurance card). But here the social security number itself is nearly irrelevant, unlike the US where it apparently is enough to take over an identity together with some other infos.

Ah, EU goon. Makes sense now. I see a lot of people in the US carry it, and I have no idea why.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

mugrim posted:

Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 moto x dev edition (I need more than 16gb drat it). Any hugely reccomended purchases to go with it?

Nothing, you're already perfect.

edit: just kidding, get a Cobra Tag to take advantage of trusted devices.

d[-.-]b fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 28, 2014

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

Can't you just have them type in the number?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Adenoid Dan posted:

Can't you just have them type in the number?

I usually use the self check because I like to feel like I'm still in high school and still work at a grocery store.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="436924971"]
Nothing, you're already perfect.

edit: just kidding, get a Cobra Tag to take advantage of trusted devices.

Do you have a cobra tag? The android app reviews sound bad.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

r0ck0 posted:

Do you have a cobra tag? The android app reviews sound bad.

I do. The app is very bare bones, but it does its job. That isn't the reason to buy it, though. You get one so that whenever it's near your phone, you never have to type your PIN in. Being able to locate either your keys or your phone after misplacing one is just icing on the cake.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

So all y'all who love Tylt and were talking about Qi car chargers earlier will probably love this news:

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/28/tylt-debuts-the-vu-car-and-vu-solo-qi-enabled-charging-accessories-for-the-road/
Android Police confirms it works with the Nexus 6. Guess I'll be buying two of the car ones.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
Argh. Stupid Droid Turbo!! No red 64gb version, and silly capacitive buttons!!

Thanks for making the Nexus 6 a no contest !!

Still very eager to know the difference in battery life:

Turbo: 3900 mAh
Nexus: 3220 mAh

Anyone have an idea when I should start spamming the nexus 6 preorder page tomorrow?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Android Police confirms it works with the Nexus 6. Guess I'll be buying two of the car ones.

It looks really nice, I might have to pick one up. I've been wanting a good Qi mount for my car.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

cuedotcom posted:

Argh. Stupid Droid Turbo!! No red 64gb version, and silly capacitive buttons!!

Thanks for making the Nexus 6 a no contest !!

Still very eager to know the difference in battery life:

Turbo: 3900 mAh
Nexus: 3220 mAh

Anyone have an idea when I should start spamming the nexus 6 preorder page tomorrow?

I'd assume check in midnight pacific.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Warthog posted:

Yes, and you should be excited about that. I'm eagerly waiting for mine to ship so I can finally lay my Galaxy Nexus down to rest. I'm not excited about going away from the Nexus experience, but I've heard Sony's apps and skin aren't that intrusive and you can disable most of it. Everything else about the phone sounds amazing for its size so unless you want to lug a phablet around be happy you don't have to fret over which phone to compromise on.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

It looks really nice, I might have to pick one up. I've been wanting a good Qi mount for my car.

Same and I love my Tylt.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

I'd assume check in midnight pacific.

I'm going to check then, but the Play pre-orders launched at 9am PST.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Google Fit is on the app store. Which makes me wonder, given that running and bike rides are also categories in it, and Google Now had bike riding in its activity card, is the N5 step counter able to discern between all these activities (or at least between walking and running), or does it require a newer phone with a better sensor?

--edit: Also holy gently caress at the vague 2015 release date for the N6 here in Belgium. :argh:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'm considering moving from my Note II to an LG G3 but that massive resolution screen has me a bit scared about battery. Will the battery life be much worse on the G3 or does it compare pretty well to my 2 year old Note II? Also how's the camera?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

--edit: Also holy gently caress at the vague 2015 release date for the N6 here in Belgium. :argh:

Yeah, this sucks. Just give us a release date!

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The international version of the G3 is on sale on eBay for $400 too, but I don't think it has the right LTE bands for the US.

Edit: This might be a stupid question, but do black or very dark wallpapers save battery on AMOLED equipped devices?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

SouthLAnd posted:

Edit: This might be a stupid question, but do black or very dark wallpapers save battery on AMOLED equipped devices?

Yes.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

In Australia apparently Motorola/Google? has said that it should be available for pre-order in late October.

But ~24 hours before the US release the Play store page is still not linked directly anywhere and if you change the URL to find it gives you: "Nexus 6 (32GB, Midnight Blue) is not available in your country." etc.

It's my birthday this week, come on Google give me a nice present.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
I guess you were right about Sony, Lastinline. They put spyware on their stuff before, and now they've done it again.

I'm not really familiar with Baidu, I've used my credit card on my z3c for Google play and to pay my phone bill. How hosed lam I?

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 29, 2014

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Is there any way to force an update of the user-image tile in quick settings? It has been stuck for weeks even through a reflash and whenever I tap it I get a toast message saying "this contact does not exist". I've tried removing and re-adding the account a couple times and still nothing :(

I'd really like to not have to reflash this thing again before L drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
So can I preorder a Turbo?

• Locked thread