Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I think once Build Burning gets damaged to the point where it can't move Sekai will get lectured either by his sister or the return of his master about how the Gunpla should be an extension of his body and that he won't be able to unlock the potential of Build Burning until he understands that. Then cue training montage with them on a cliff and waves crashing below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Revolver Bunker posted:

I think once Build Burning gets damaged to the point where it can't move Sekai will get lectured either by his sister or the return of his master about how the Gunpla should be an extension of his body and that he won't be able to unlock the potential of Build Burning until he understands that. Then cue training montage with them on a cliff and waves crashing below.

Then we unlock the super mode where he becomes gold and has telekinetic Plaskvy punches. Let's do it, let's go full G Gundam.

The solution to fighting ranged opponents is to extend your reach. Punch farther.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Then we unlock the super mode where he becomes gold and has telekinetic Plaskvy punches. Let's do it, let's go full G Gundam.

The solution to fighting ranged opponents is to extend your reach. Punch farther.

I want to see him do the one Master Asia move. You know the one.

I want Sekai to be literally shooting his face at guys in a tornado of plavasky particles.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I want to see him do the one Master Asia move. You know the one.

I want Sekai to be literally shooting his face at guys in a tornado of plavasky particles.
We also have the perfect setup for the attack. Sekai becomes the tornado, while Fumina uses Winning's fist form to send Sekai flying into the opponents.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AradoBalanga posted:

We also have the perfect setup for the attack. Sekai becomes the tornado, while Fumina uses Winning's fist form to send Sekai flying into the opponents.

"LAUNCH ME, SENPAI"

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

New episode's up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xx7GUGV8fQ

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Ral has Goufs on the brain.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Mummy Gundam confirmed for next episode:

:v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha Mirai is such a dork, this is amazing :allears:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mirai Kamiki: Gunpla Date Detective.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Let's be fair now. Most of the cast is dorks.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I was wondering about something and I guess I missed the discussion (if any). Is there any particular reason that sekai and mirai look like aila and reiji? They can't be their kids can they?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Razzled posted:

I was wondering about something and I guess I missed the discussion (if any). Is there any particular reason that sekai and mirai look like aila and reiji? They can't be their kids can they?

None really, the directors have already mentioned that they weren't going to mix in Aryan people/issues into the story cause they want to make sure that the story is about the new cast. You can also see a photo of the Kamiki's together on what appears to be on one of those family shrines. With that and Mirai's words in todays episode you can pretty much conclude that their parents are dead and not Reiji/Aila's.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I got really confused for a few minutes and thought that this new character was an older, bitter version of Maoh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hey, look at that! I got exactly the episode I wanted for Sekai.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Holy poo poo that dodge with the flight form :suspense:. I also swore that episode was shorter than it actually was, because I was expecting Hoshino to put together the Winning Gundam and go pull some revenge.

Minato Sanki's building technique was astounding. Such finesse, what amazing speed and flawless sticker placement :worship:.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

None really, the directors have already mentioned that they weren't going to mix in Aryan people/issues into the story cause they want to make sure that the story is about the new cast. You can also see a photo of the Kamiki's together on what appears to be on one of those family shrines. With that and Mirai's words in todays episode you can pretty much conclude that their parents are dead and not Reiji/Aila's.

It's also a pretty good bet that their parents are dead, judging by how Mirai talked about them to herself.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Is it just me or has the character animation kinda taken a nosedive compared to the first season? Perhaps G-Reco has really spoiled me in that regard but a lot of people felt a little lifeless this episode.

Though at least the battle this episode was pretty cool, the mechanical animation is still great and it's definitely a good thing that we had this sort of fight early on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Holy poo poo that dodge with the flight form :suspense:. I also swore that episode was shorter than it actually was, because I was expecting Hoshino to put together the Winning Gundam and go pull some revenge.

Minato Sanki's building technique was astounding. Such finesse, what amazing speed and flawless sticker placement :worship:.

I think they kinda rushed through it because it amounts to the three characters repeating the development of the Build Fighters characters. Sekai had a truncated version of Reiji's "I have to learn to understand the mechanics" arc, Fumina had a truncated version of Sei's "I can use my imagination, which I learned by watching an SD Battle" arc and Yuuma just basically went "Mao 2.0! I'm totally going to rivalfight him someday!" So it was a lot of development for a single episode and none of it was particularly 'new' so they kinda sped through it.

Still a fun episode though.

Srice posted:

Is it just me or has the character animation kinda taken a nosedive compared to the first season? Perhaps G-Reco has really spoiled me in that regard but a lot of people felt a little lifeless this episode.

Though at least the battle this episode was pretty cool, the mechanical animation is still great and it's definitely a good thing that we had this sort of fight early on.

The characters are absolutely less animated. There's a lot more close-in shots and less goofy excessive reactions. It may just be a difference in cast. The Try team is a lot less goofy than the BF team.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I thought to myself, "So they're just going to wait around while this guy builds his SD to fight Sekai?"

*mid air Instant assembly* :catstare:

This guy is my hero.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So it looks like this show is going to cross over with Free! sometime soon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I about bust a gut laughing at the underwater Gunpla school and his boast.

Ah GBF, never stop being goofy.

Also, I think we figured out how Mao was able to build a Kshatriya in a moving truck.

Edit: Wait gently caress I just realized this fight was an SD recreation of the GXMaoh vs SBS fight in GBF 1 except Sakai had another gimmick up his sleeve.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 29, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Pureauthor posted:

Also, I think we figured out how Mao was able to build a Kshatriya in a moving truck.

Originally, he didn't plan to deliver it assembled. But they hit a bump.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The characters are absolutely less animated. There's a lot more close-in shots and less goofy excessive reactions. It may just be a difference in cast. The Try team is a lot less goofy than the BF team.

Good to know it's not just me. While watching this episode I was reminded of the episode where Reiji and Aila went out together and got to make their own gunpla, and animation-wise this ep definitely felt lacking.

I think they're still trying for the same level of goofiness (they still have quirky expressions like at the end of this episode) but it feels like they're restraining themselves a bit in how they handle it. Odd!

Though at least despite that they still managed to actually do something with Mirai, nice to see her actually doing something.

Srice fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 29, 2014

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

Good to know it's not just me. While watching this episode I was reminded of the episode where Reiji and Aila went out together and got to make their own gunpla, and animation-wise this ep definitely felt lacking.

I think they're still trying for the same level of goofiness (they still have quirky expressions like at the end of this episode) but it feels like they're restraining themselves a bit in how they handle it. Odd!

Probably just reserving more budget for the robot fighting part, it's a shame, but I guess you would call that understanding the audience and what they really want to see.
I thought it was really goofy when sekai/hoshina/ral were talking and instead of just having the camera farther out to show all three of them at once it panned over to hoshino and cut sekai in half.

I thought it was a pretty good episode though.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man, Mao should have beat that kid more to straighten out his bad attitude :colbert:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

When the all-amphibious mobile suit team loses I will drop this show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Probably just reserving more budget for the robot fighting part, it's a shame, but I guess you would call that understanding the audience and what they really want to see.
I thought it was really goofy when sekai/hoshina/ral were talking and instead of just having the camera farther out to show all three of them at once it panned over to hoshino and cut sekai in half.

I thought it was a pretty good episode though.

Yeah that's probably right.

Despite my gripes about the character animation it was a fun episode though! Solid fight and even if a lot of the humor was fairly simple I still laughed at some of it. It's hard to not have at least a little bit of fun with the 'ol "following someone on a date" schtick.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sharkopath posted:

When the all-amphibious mobile suit team loses I will drop this show.

About that...

Aren't the arenas chosen at random? Their gimmick's up if they land a desert or space or whatever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AMPHIBIOUS MOBILE SUITS WORK IN SPACE TOO. I WON'T HEAR NONE OF THAT.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ep 5 has Obari as the mech animation director so its bound to have some eye candy. Ep4 had the guy that worked on the sd episode from last season, which had some cool art but not much animation. Which is exactly what this episode had.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Amphibious mobile suits are the most sensual and powerful type of all the gunpla, the future of mechanized plastic warfare rests on their noble and strong shoulders. Other robots pale in comparison and I can't wait to see what contrived excuse they come up with for how it could ever be possible for a Kapool to lose to anything, because of how inherently insane that concept is.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I like that the rival guy with the Destiny Gundam was just brooding on top of a jungle gym.

"Don't look at him!"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ground gundams only work on the ground, Space gundams can kinda work on the ground but some of them are so big and unbalanced that they shouldn't.

Superior Zeon Engineering means amphibious suits work everywhere, all the time, creating instant tactical advantage for the end user.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I noticed they outright confirmed that Mobile Armours are indeed a three-man job. You just know there's inevitably going to be an episode focused on them having to co-operate in an MA-vs-MA battle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I noticed they outright confirmed that Mobile Armours are indeed a three-man job. You just know there's inevitably going to be an episode focused on them having to co-operate in an MA-vs-MA battle.

Yeah, that clarified what the deal is with MAs. They can operate single-person but tournament rules require the entire team operate them. (Which... doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess we'll see how it works when we get the inevitable MA battle episode.)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mordja posted:

About that...

Aren't the arenas chosen at random? Their gimmick's up if they land a desert or space or whatever.

Deserts are like oceans.

Only made of sand. And with less water.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that clarified what the deal is with MAs. They can operate single-person but tournament rules require the entire team operate them. (Which... doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess we'll see how it works when we get the inevitable MA battle episode.)

They're probably still ignore it and have three people standing there with hands on the control balls without ever showing what it is any of them are doing specifically.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It would probably make it way easier to use effectively if instead of having hundreds of lasers and guns that fire all over the place you had a pilot and two gunners that could focus effectively.

Honestly gundams in general seem really complicated to use, it would be cool if there was one that was crewed instead of a single pilot but I can't think of any right now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blazing Tatsuzo in GBF1 was able to handle an Apsalus III strapped full of OYW crazyweapons with no apparent troubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I would assume that one does the piloting whilst the rest operate the guns, fly the bits and funnels, or serve as the 'man in back' like how the Renatos and Sei and Reiji played things.

• Locked thread