Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Prove you're not a racist, then. I'd settle for not harassing me every time I post, instead.

So you admit you've made this up then. Just so we're clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

Choosing to benefit from an empire of murder and genocide makes you complicit.
:scotland:
lol, nice meltdown
Then we're at an impasse and must continue ruining the thread with five pages of bickering after every post I make. And it wasn't "Muslim Neo Nazis", I called you out on defending Labour's support for the National Front as the same thing as expecting Muslims to have responsibility for extremists. That goes both ways, and that's what "conflating support of neo nazis with being a muslim" means.

serious gaylord posted:

So you admit you've made this up then. Just so we're clear.

Again, I don't concede poo poo until I say so.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Holy poo poo, this calling out and name calling makes everyone involved look pathetic

No-one cares. You look like loving children.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

Then we're at an impasse and must continue ruining the thread with five pages of bickering after every post I make. And it wasn't "Muslim Neo Nazis", I called you out on defending Labour's support for the National Front as the same thing as expecting Muslims to have responsibility for extremists. That goes both ways, and that's what "conflating support of neo nazis with being a muslim" means.

You didn't call me out on anything I said to do with the national front. You didn't have that conversation with me.

Furthermore, it seems that the only person who mentioned Muslims - either in reality or your imagination - was you. And you're using that internal monologue to describe others as racist?

loving weird.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Spooky Hyena posted:

Prove you're not a racist, then. I'd settle for not harassing me every time I post, instead.

Yeah Pissflaps, just break all the laws of logic and prove that you're not racist. I don't see why you're being so obstinate in not disproving the allegations of known chickenfucker Spooky Hyena.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Shelf Adventure posted:

Holy poo poo, this calling out and name calling makes everyone involved look pathetic

No-one cares. You look like loving children.

Says the guy with a million posts in the Nintendo 3ds thread.

Anyway Shithouse Hyena, or whatever your latest account is called, I'll be at this march

Let's sort this out like men. I'll be wearing a v for vendetta mask, saltire face paint and a kilt made of torn up tv licenses.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown
^ good because I won't be, and I'm relishing the fact of continuing not to meet you in person. If only you could extend the pleasure to the internet, too.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah Pissflaps, just break all the laws of logic and prove that you're not racist. I don't see why you're being so obstinate in not disproving the allegations of known chickenfucker Spooky Hyena.

I wasn't expecting him to really reply to it, I just said it because it's the same argument he used a few pages back to "prove" all scottish nats were anti-immigration and anti-eu and expecting everyone to prove otherwise, despite not providing any evidence to back up his claims. I'd like to see him call out that argument for what it is so he doesn't rely on it again.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

i don't think you've thought this through. why would you wear facepaint and a mask? one would cover the other.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

I wasn't expecting him to really reply to it, I just said it because it's the same argument he used a few pages back to "prove" all scottish nats were anti-immigration and anti-eu and expecting everyone to prove otherwise, despite not providing any evidence to back up his claims. I'd like to see him call out that argument for what it is so he doesn't rely on it again.

You regularly refer to things that never happened as if they did. I'm concerned for your mental state.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerv posted:

i don't think you've thought this through. why would you wear facepaint and a mask? one would cover the other.

There is face paint. On my mask. Mask paint.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Hoping that the EU kicks the UK out of Europe isn't doing your pro euro credentials any good, is it.

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 29, 2014

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Pissflaps posted:

There is face paint. On my mask. Mask paint.

always shifting the goalposts. just like poopy hyena says

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

serious gaylord posted:

You regularly refer to things that never happened as if they did. I'm concerned for your mental state.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=436807505#post436807505 etc etc

Pissflaps posted:

Hoping that the EU kicks the UK out of Europe isn't doing your pro euro credentials any good, is it.

I don't want to leave the EU, I'm just saying the EU might benefit from telling the UK to stop playing silly buggers. There's a difference.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Nothing in this post says that he thinks all scottish nationalists are anti immigration and anti eu.

This is what i'm talking about. Do you really believe that post contains that?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

I don't want to leave the EU, I'm just saying the EU might benefit from telling the UK to stop playing silly buggers. There's a difference.

That's not what you said.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Nothing in this post says that he thinks all scottish nationalists are anti immigration and anti eu.

This is what i'm talking about. Do you really believe that post contains that?

Perhaps you could explain what the post means then, since Pissflaps refused to say what Scottish Nationalists he was referring to.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

Pissflaps posted:

That's not what you said.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

I want you to read that, carefully. Then think about how it might have related to that one post you've spent an eternity arguing against the literal meaning of.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

marktheando posted:

Perhaps you could explain what the post means then, since Pissflaps refused to say what Scottish Nationalists he was referring to.

The ones who prioritise Scottish independence above all else.

Spooky Hyena posted:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

I want you to read that, carefully. Then think about how it might have related to that one post you've spent an eternity arguing against the literal meaning of.

So when you call people racist for no reason or go on about Muslim Neo nazis or suggest the UK should be kicked out of Europe its all just hyperbole and you shouldn't be taken seriously?

Way ahead of you.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown
Maybe you can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? At all would be a start. If not, I expect a 1500 word essay on why you are sorry for your bad posts on my desk by Monday.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

Maybe you can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? At all would be a start. If not, I expect a 1500 word essay on why you are sorry for your bad posts on my desk by Monday.

What's more important to you: Scotland's place in the UK or England's place in the EU?

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

Pissflaps posted:

What's more important to you: Scotland's place in the UK or England's place in the EU?

Yeah, boiling it down to that by no means belittles the nuances either arguments have. You answer that obviously loaded question first, so I can extrapolate your position and mock you on it based on the poor wording of the question.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Fun fact: According to the 5/11 documentary(ugh) the BBC put out last week, Guy Fawkes loving hated the Scottish. To the extent he seemed as keen to blow up James I/VI for being Scottish as being Protestant.

Aside from the forced war on terror stuff it actually wasn't too terrible a documentary, for once the focus was on the more important conspirators rather than just on their point man Fawkes.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
SO... I ate some of Lidl's posh branded salt and pepper crisps and they were pretty good and didn't involve a bunch of lovely dickwaving posts about bollocks no-one else cares about. The pepper taste built up in a pleasant way that complimented the cheap cerveza I knocked it back with, much unlike the multitude of shitposts on here.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

Yeah, boiling it down to that by no means belittles the nuances either arguments have. You answer that obviously loaded question first.

The UKs place in the EU is more important to me than English or Scottish nationalism. Your turn.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

SO... I ate some of Lidl's posh branded salt and pepper crisps and they were pretty good and didn't involve a bunch of lovely dickwaving posts about bollocks no-one else cares about. The pepper taste built up in a pleasant way that complimented the cheap cerveza I knocked it back with, much unlike the multitude of shitposts on here.

You need to try them in a crisp sandwich cut into triangles.

Top it off with some pickled onion Monster Munch and turn on the boat races.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

twoot posted:

You need to try them in a crisp sandwich cut into triangles.

Top it off with some pickled onion Monster Munch and turn on the boat races.

Cutting a sandwich?

Git.

Tae.

gently caress.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

Pissflaps posted:

The UKs place in the EU is more important to me than English or Scottish nationalism. Your turn.

define "place", define "nationalism", define "important" you're secretly right wing, you're making strawman arguments, and all the other mockeries of your arguing style etc etc etc

Can't even be bothered with this, when was the last day where I posted anything without being accosted by Pissflaps anyway?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

define "place", define "nationalism", define "important" you're wrong on everything you're making strawman arguments, and all the other mockeries of your arguing style etc etc etc

Can't even be bothered with this, when was the last day where I posted anything without being accosted by Pissflaps anyway?

I'm not surprised you're reluctant to answer as I think the penny just dropped for you.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

The ones who prioritise Scottish independence above all else.

I don't think there are very many of these people. I'm sure most pro-indy types don't want the rest of the UK to burn. So saying "Scottish Nationalists" want this is not fair at all.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
I wish I liked fancy crisp flavours, clearly a lot of effort has been made to synthesise posh flavours but none of them ever taste as good as Frazzles. :smith:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

marktheando posted:

I don't think there are very many of these people. I'm sure most pro-indy types don't want the rest of the UK to burn. So saying "Scottish Nationalists" want this is not fair at all.

I think it would be unfair if I had said 'all' Scottish nationalists, but I was very careful not to.

ReV VAdAUL posted:

I wish I liked fancy crisp flavours, clearly a lot of effort has been made to synthesise posh flavours but none of them ever taste as good as Frazzles. :smith:

I believe there have been no new crips flavours for decades. Any 'new' ones now are purely marketing.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

kustomkarkommando posted:

The Northern Ireland Executive has till the end of the week to agree on a draft budget for 2015/16, if they fail to reach an agreement they lose access to an emergency loan of £100m from the Treasury needed to plug a shortfall that's current squeezing the Executive's finances. With the outstanding fines from the Treasury for failing to implement welfare reform it's not looking pretty, worryingly the Northern Ireland Office has made it clear that if an agreement can not be reached by April they will set the Budget for the Executive - a threat that might raise a few eyebrows what with the current talk of further devolution in the UK.

The Finance minister has floated a draft budget with cuts of over £800m (about 8% give or take) that's currently doing the rounds. As expected Education is facing cuts (something that SF have long fought tooth and nail to oppose). Health is getting a modest bump but so, controversially, is the Department of Enterprise.

Guess which party has Health, Enterprise and the Finance It's the DUP dummy

Now guess which ones has Education...

Quoting the last post about actual politics in this thread. I though 50 replies meant something interesting had happened...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Probably the last day you posted something that wasn't utterly made up?

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Cutting a sandwich?

Git.

Tae.

gently caress.

You must define your class identifying sandwich geometry immediately, or will suffer 50 lashings of Stephen Fry.

nothing to seehere posted:

Quoting the last post about actual politics in this thread. I though 50 replies meant something interesting had happened...

Northern Ireland isn't a real place, silly.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Bacon fries. The ones that come in a mulipack with scampi fries. Better than frazzles.

twoot posted:

You must define your class identifying sandwich geometry immediately, or will suffer 50 lashings of Stephen Fry.

Geometry be damned, you eat it as it is, without the artificial divide imposed by society. Cuts are for tories.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

I think it would be unfair if I had said 'all' Scottish nationalists, but I was very careful not to.

You didn't qualify it at all, and then refused to clarify what you meant, but ok whatever.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
It sounds like today's meeting of the home affairs select committee was a bit python-esque:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11193720/Immigration-sketch-Keith-Vaz-gets-a-French-lesson.html

quote:

Keith Vaz, chairman of the Home Affairs select committee, had invited Natacha Bouchart [the Mayor of Calais] to enlighten Parliament about Calais’ troubles. It was a sound idea, with only one drawback. Madame Bouchart, it transpired, couldn’t speak English. And the MPs couldn’t speak French.

The outcome was every bit as successful as you’d imagine.

Since both parties were entirely reliant on a translator, exchanges followed a slow and laborious pattern: an MP would ask a question in English, the translator would translate it into French, the Mayor would answer it in French, and finally the translator would translate the answer into English.

Some MPs took time to get to grips with this procedure, in particular Michael Ellis (Con, Northampton North), who barked out his first question, and then, the instant the translator had finished translating it into French, barked out his second question. “Can she just answer the first question,” suggested Mr Vaz helpfully.

The language barrier made effective interrogation impossible, and not only because the process of simply asking a question was so arduous. The translations themselves were at times puzzling. Mr Vaz began by asking why border control at Calais was in such a mess. According to the translator, the Mayor’s answer, in full, was: “Thank you for this invitation. I would like to describe it as historic.”

“Madame Mayor, you should look after your own borders in France, should you not?” barked Mr Ellis. His tone was not only imperious but suspicious, as if he wouldn’t have been surprised to learn that she’d sneaked into Dover under a tarpaulin herself.

Eventually he received an answer, which was that illegal immigration is all Britain’s fault because we have “such an attractive regime”. Having an attractive regime was made to sound a very bad thing indeed.
This insult seemed to stir Mr Vaz’s patriotism. He’d interviewed migrants in Calais, he said, and they’d told him they wanted to come to Britain “because – and I quote – ‘We love Mr Cameron.’”

Fluo
May 25, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Spooky Hyena needs to prove he isn't a chickenfucker!!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Wrong, he just needs to prove the chicken consented.

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I believe there have been no new crips flavours for decades. Any 'new' ones now are purely marketing.

There is only one type of crisp and all the others are done using the placebo effect. Try it by putting Walkers' ready salted crisps into an empty Monster Munch pickled onion bag and then eating them, you won't be able to tell the difference! I don't know how big crisp keeps getting away with fooling everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

HortonNash posted:

There is only one type of crisp and all the others are done using the placebo effect. Try it by putting Walkers' ready salted crisps into an empty Monster Munch pickled onion bag and then eating them, you won't be able to tell the difference! I don't know how big crisp keeps getting away with fooling everyone!

The crisp conspiracy deepens. Question is, is it a capitalist ploy by Big Crisp, the Jews, or the Freemasons?

• Locked thread