Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I love how 40s-60s rebuttals are like inversely proportional to how dirty the rebuttal is.

Like if you're just rolling something some dick said off your back you're like "don't wave your boner in my rear end in a top hat chief"

But if you're ready to really start some poo poo you're like "go fly a kite!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mind the walrus posted:

Like if you're just rolling something some dick said off your back you're like "don't wave your boner in my rear end in a top hat chief"

Oh course you'd complain about a boner in your rear end in a top hat if there is dick on your back!

(I misread what you said at first.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Say Nothing posted:

Unknown Kirby panel.

It's from Silver Star #1

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Longshot!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Longshot: Offensive Asian caricature.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Longshot indeed. You cant fool me, Elric of Melnibone!

Moreau fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 28, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well to be fair, that does look like the face of someone who is literally their own grandfather.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Stan Lee Meets Dr. Doom

Stan Lee Meets Dr. Strange

Stan Lee Meets The Silver Surfer

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Stan Lee Meets Dr. Strange

Oh hey I remember that chick. I don't think she died but she definitely faded into obscurity like most of the 00s additions to the X-canon. And the Runaways. Now I'm sad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Stan Lee has met Doctor Doom before

Fantastic Four 10

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Oh hey I remember that chick. I don't think she died but she definitely faded into obscurity like most of the 00s additions to the X-canon. And the Runaways. Now I'm sad.

There were two Japanese girls at the Xavier School. Instead of her, it was Armor who got more attention. Probably because her powers involve encasing herself in psionic armor that looks like anime robots (and also powered by her dead ancestors).

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

The MSJ posted:

There were two Japanese girls at the Xavier School. Instead of her, it was Armor who got more attention. Probably because her powers involve encasing herself in psionic armor that looks like anime robots (and also powered by her dead ancestors).

This is why I laugh every time I hear some nerd claiming Joss Whedon is some kind of paragon of progressive media. Well that and his gender politics are actually kinda hosed for a self-professed feminist.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Angry Walrus posted:

This is why I laugh every time I hear some nerd claiming Joss Whedon is some kind of paragon of progressive media. Well that and his gender politics are actually kinda hosed for a self-professed feminist.

They are, but unfortunately he's still on the high end of the bell curve compared to a lot of the industry.

At least he wrote Slim well.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Unlimited Access

Spider-Man & Batman: Disordered Minds

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Darthemed posted:

Is it just me or was Joker briefly scared shitless and he's just laughing nervously while hoping Carnage doesn't realize it?

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

AnonSpore posted:

Is it just me or was Joker briefly scared shitless and he's just laughing nervously while hoping Carnage doesn't realize it?

I think he doesn't really go for fanboys much. I mean, Harley is enough crazy follower for him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Cangelosi posted:

I think he doesn't really go for fanboys much. I mean, Harley is enough crazy follower for him.

To me, that came off far less "fanboy" than it did "professional respect."

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Please tell me the "Kryptonian Thunder God" is Thor-El.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Beerdeer posted:

Please tell me the "Kryptonian Thunder God" is Thor-El.
You are correct!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Total Justice.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I wonder how often Darkseid does that to make people piss themselves.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was there an Extreme Justice book based off the toyline (fractal techgear!) seperate from the book with Booster Gold and Captain Atom?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Defeat via atomic banana peel!

Source, someone please?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This should be how Dr Wells in the Flash TV show reveals he's evil.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Darthemed posted:

Wasn't there a bit, I think in the prelude to the Amalgam event, where Spider-man meets the Joker again, only Spidey doesn't remember the previous story and Joker does, presumably due to fourth-wall-evading madness?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wasn't there a bit, I think in the prelude to the Amalgam event, where Spider-man meets the Joker again, only Spidey doesn't remember the previous story and Joker does, presumably due to fourth-wall-evading madness?

Spider-Man doesn't remember because it's Ben Reilly in Marvel vs. DC

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Access needs to show up out of nowhere with the Legion of Superheroes to help stop the incursions happening in marvel.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Spider-Man doesn't remember because it's Ben Reilly in Marvel vs. DC

It's pretty amazing how Marvel vs. DC in the 90s featured so many of the non-iconic versions of the characters. Superboy, 90s Thor, Professor Hulk, Ben Reilly, it's lame.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Was there an Extreme Justice book based off the toyline (fractal techgear!) seperate from the book with Booster Gold and Captain Atom?

It was Total Justice and ran for three issues.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Say Nothing posted:

Defeat via atomic banana peel!

Source, someone please?
I'm fairly certain this is Justice League of America #154, but thanks to DC's lack of an Unlimited service I can't confirm.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Rhyno posted:

It was Total Justice and ran for three issues.

Man, Batman is going full Hawkeye Initiative there. How progressive for '96.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Incredible Hercules 112, 113, and 114. Ares holds grudges.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I still don't know why Marvel thought killing off Ares was a good idea. He's Thor, Wolverine, and the Punisher in one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

I still don't know why Marvel thought killing off Ares was a good idea. He's Thor, Wolverine, and the Punisher in one.

He was too good for this world.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

mind the walrus posted:

I remember the rationalization for putting him on the Mighty Avengers team was literally "I know a guy who's both a Thor and a Wolverine"

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Ares dying is right with Bill, son of Bill's death in the list of reasons I hate The Siege.

Dark Reign: Ares 1

I think that panel works in both this thread and the badass thread.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Ares dying is right with Bill, son of Bill's death in the list of reasons I hate The Siege.

What does Bill's death have to do with Thor? JMS killed him and it had nothing to do with the Siege storyline.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

What does Bill's death have to do with Thor? JMS killed him and it had nothing to do with the Siege storyline.

Why on Earth do I remember him in the back of a truck driven by Maria Hill then? :psyduck: Gotta lay off the booze.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Why on Earth do I remember him in the back of a truck driven by Maria Hill then? :psyduck: Gotta lay off the booze.

He was killed by bunch of Lokis followers after discovering what he/she and doom were doing to Asgardians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bill, Son of Bill is in the halls of Valhalla drinking with Skurge and Ultimate Peter Parker. I'm okay with him being dead.

• Locked thread