Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bless you for running through these terrible point and clicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mr. nobody posted:

Hey guys, here's a random screenshot with no explanation or context!

Just sharing! OK see ya!

The context of that picture is so goddamned obvious I don't even know what to say.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

mr. nobody posted:

Just sharing! OK see ya!

Stalin arresting Nancy Drew is pretty serious. Better solve the caper or it's the worker's gulag paradise for you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Setting the Town Hall on fire is cold even for Nancy Drew's investigation methods.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Palpek posted:

People should stop recommending skipping Revelations. It's a good game

Yes, but with the caveat that you should probably take a break before you play it.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Saoshyant posted:

I get home to find an amazing message telling me I have 7 new items in my inventory. I groaned out loud. I'm so tired of this coupon bullshit.

Same. Mine are all for Dejobaan games and Monster Loves You. Coupons say they're for buying an Adult Swim game.

mr. nobody posted:

Just sharing! OK see ya!

Sounds like somebody doesn't likpate.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zombie Samurai posted:

Same. Mine are all for Dejobaan games and Monster Loves You. Coupons say they're for buying an Adult Swim game.

Hey, woah. It says it's for owning and Adult Swim game, get it right. :v: For real though, I wish I could at least get a coupon for a game I'd heard of before. Maybe even one I want someday, that'd be a real change of pace.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Mootallica posted:

Borderlands 2 was 100% not censored. The ANZ versions exactly the same as the US version but for price gouging cretins so get it from Nuuvem or somewhere that isn't Steam or GMG.

Way ahead of you. What currency is Nuuvem in? I can't work it out and want to price Borderlands 2.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Palpek posted:

Setting the Town Hall on fire is cold even for Nancy Drew's investigation methods.

Yeah, that's some Hardy Boys poo poo right there.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

computer parts posted:

Yes, but with the caveat that you should probably take a break before you play it.

Either a break or make it a point to go through story related missions only. If you dick around in 2 and Brotherhood getting all sorts of collectibles and upgrading all the poo poo, you will probably groan when starting Revelations as by that point you'll have spent roughly 60-80 hours on the previous two games.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So how's the DLC for Bioshock Infinite? I'm currently a few hours into the game and enjoying it so I'm considering the season pass while it's 50% off. Burial at Sea any good?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Uhhh I mean it's cool to see Rapture pre-Everything's hosed, but the storyline is err uhhhh hmmmm.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quest For Glory II posted:

Uhhh I mean it's cool to see Rapture pre-Everything's hosed, but the storyline is err uhhhh hmmmm.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it even through I loved the intro part where you are wandering around Rapture, but once you enter the department store, it went to poo poo. I never actually finished since I hit a bug that caused a loading zone door to never open, while the other-side already had closed. Didn't care to restart at that point.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, that's some Hardy Boys poo poo right there.

Arson gives the Hardy Boys raging clues.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

"There Have Been Too Many Activation Attempts"

...what?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hey, woah. It says it's for owning and Adult Swim game, get it right. :v: For real though, I wish I could at least get a coupon for a game I'd heard of before. Maybe even one I want someday, that'd be a real change of pace.

Monster Loves You is a cute little game, a good way to kill a couple of hours if you've nothing better to do.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

General_Failure posted:

Way ahead of you. What currency is Nuuvem in? I can't work it out and want to price Borderlands 2.

Brazilian Reals. It's 41 american cents to 1 real.

The country is in the web address.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Thought I'd say the best price I found from a non-scam website for Borderlands 2 was surprisingly ozgameshop at about $15 each. So I grabbed two. gently caress yeah. Going back home to Pandora as soon as the keys arrive and the game downloads like a poo poo squeezes out of a trucker on an all meat diet.
I really hate my internet connection. 22mbit my arse. The international pipes are like capillary tubes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Nettle Soup posted:

Monster Loves You is a cute little game, a good way to kill a couple of hours if you've nothing better to do.
At 3$ there's hardly much you can do wrong with it. Just eat one less burger this month or whatever.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

BL2 is fairly cheap on http://g2play.net too - Site is pretty legit.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

"There Have Been Too Many Activation Attempts"

...what?

Try not to activate things when server maintenance is going on, the client retries a whole bunch before going "Nope, can't do it" and that'll lock you out after one or two goes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Nettle Soup posted:

BL2 is fairly cheap on http://g2play.net too - Site is pretty legit.
"Pretty legit"? Meaning they only steal your credit card information half the time or what?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The lock only lasts for like a few hours, so don't panic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Drifter posted:

Brazilian Reals. It's 41 american cents to 1 real.

The country is in the web address.

Can you use Nuuvem now? I thought they started region locking games from South America?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Can you use Nuuvem now? I thought they started region locking games from South America?

Only for certain games.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

"Pretty legit"? Meaning they only steal your credit card information half the time or what?

Well they've been around at least 6+ years and I've never had an issue with them, but where they get their keys from I don't know.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I tried buying Beyond Earth from Nuuvem and it was region locked. That's a 2K game.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Is it easy to fiddle with the .ini in A Machine for Pigs to give yourself infinite health and poo poo? I know it was easy to do so in The Dark Descent. Having to hide from enemies got boring for me after a while and I was mainly interested in exploring the mansion and seeing where the story went and didn't care for the gameplay aspects. Being super easy to to max health myself is the difference from me installing and playing A Machine for Pigs fairly soon or it falling into backlog hell.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 29, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The writing in Unepic makes me kinda mad.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Here are all of my Risk of Rain keys for those who want them; I already have it.

EDIT: all used!

Is a Machine for Pigs worth playing if I am a big fat baby not into horror?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 29, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Are you playing the regular translation or the uncut version or whatever they call it? Because the normal translation is terrible but the 1337 speak ridden one is irredeemable.

It's a shame the dialog is horseshit because Unepic is a pretty good Metroidvania.

Unlucky7 posted:

Here are all of my Risk of Rain keys for those who want them; I already have it.

Is a Machine for Pigs worth playing if I am a big fat baby not into horror?

Yeah, it's pretty toned down compared to Amnesia. It's more psychological horror with an emphasis on puzzles and dialog. After all it was designed by the Dear Esther crew.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

With so many games there are you can definitely afford to stop playing any of them that make you upset.

discard and move on.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

mr. nobody posted:

Just sharing! OK see ya!
corn is doing god's work here ok

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Is Risk of Rain supposed to suck or is it having issues with its engine overhaul or whatever. I had no fun on the default everything, then I turned on baby mode and I still didn't have fun because every enemy is an enormous bullet sponge even with all the items you collect.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Steam just listed my account as flagged for fraudulent charges, and refunded(in the list of games, not actually to my CC) every game purchase I've made since July 31st. I changed my CC around that time, so that's the only thing I can think of, but I don't know why it would be flagged now.

Anyone know what this can be about? I'm not VPNing, and I've contacted support, but it supposedly takes them forever to get back to people.

There goes literally everything I was playing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Is Risk of Rain supposed to suck or is it having issues with its engine overhaul or whatever. I had no fun on the default everything, then I turned on baby mode and I still didn't have fun because every enemy is an enormous bullet sponge even with all the items you collect.
The game starts off kind of difficult since a lot of the better items are locked, but the commando is pretty agile with it's roll and pretty much requires using every cooldown constantly. There is currently a couple of bugs in the game though and one of those is that you never level past ummmm like level 3 or 4....so that might be making the game harder for you. Also just the longer you take in the game, the harder it gets which also makes the early play throughs of the game kinda difficult.

VVVVV
Yeah, ummmmm coop is a bit broken for some people with the latest patch as well....

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 29, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Play it coop with someone else and it's alright. I didn't like it single player either.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried buying Beyond Earth from Nuuvem and it was region locked. That's a 2K game.

You just need to use a VPN to put it to cart, the key you get should be region free.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Unlucky7 posted:

kVuDBN7XRfKYG3EY

Been wanting to try this. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Took this one. Thanks!

• Locked thread