Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Why even waste time and money making a last gen version if it's just 2k14 with a smaller roster and hilariously removed features?

Because tons of people still own the old consoles and they can fart out a half baked version of the game and make money off of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Why even waste time and money making a last gen version if it's just 2k14 with a smaller roster and hilariously removed features?

Edit: ^^^Exactly

The last gen versions are going to sell a lot better.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Remember kids, any time you wonder why someone does a thing, and you still live in a capitalist society, assume the answer is money.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Cool the Brock Lesner sex dolls are out!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Cool the Brock Lesner sex dolls are out!

At first it seems like the mouth is a big problem. And I guess it is. But really, it's those dead, dead eyes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

At first it seems like the mouth is a big problem. And I guess it is. But really, it's those dead, dead eyes.

You say that like the real Brock doesn't have the cold, dead eyes of an axe-murderer.

Mounted on the wall of his barn.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

That's probably just a symptom from a combination of getting punched in the head in the UFC and being married to Sable.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

This is reminding me of Rob Liefeld's Captain America.

Just watched a video of new moves for this edition. I'm pretty sure most of them are just old moves with new names. Also, there were at least a half dozen where the move didn't work--the guy would leap/dive/whatever and connect with nothing.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Everyone is talking about how bad the custom stuff is in 360/PS3 versions but how is the gameplay for someone who just wants to play matches?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's 2k14

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

king hippo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The Graves vs Wyatt story mode match is terrible bullshit. Can't use finishers and have to make Wyatt tap, and the dude has tons of hit points, reverses often and doesn't STAY DOWN long enough to latch on a submission

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Honestly it's the nipples that are freaking me out the most. Really his boobs in general are a nightmare, which is only accentuated by the dickchest.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Looky what popped up on WWE's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mqUiuT9NY

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Rules

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

The Graves vs Wyatt story mode match is terrible bullshit. Can't use finishers and have to make Wyatt tap, and the dude has tons of hit points, reverses often and doesn't STAY DOWN long enough to latch on a submission

Oh yeah it is huge poo poo. Doesn't help that Graves has the lowest stats in the game either.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I ended up just aiming for the head since Wyatt seems weaker there and it's easier to hit Graves' standing submissions, most of which target the head. His move set is pretty well geared toward submissions, tbqh. Lots of variation.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I ended up just aiming for the head since Wyatt seems weaker there and it's easier to hit Graves' standing submissions, most of which target the head. His move set is pretty well geared toward submissions, tbqh. Lots of variation.

When I eventually beat Wyatt with Graves I was so relieved. The Rusev ones seem to be a pain with the whole "dont even get light damage" objectives. Being a chickenshit with Bo was fun. Sami's Moveset is fun to play as. I picked this up on the PS3 instead of Xbox because I got tired of paying for Gold after all these years.

If anyone wants my PS3 name its MisterUnoriginal

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Looky what popped up on WWE's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mqUiuT9NY
This is 360/PS3, right?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The NXT story mode isn't in the next-gen versions

Anyway in the Rivalry showcase the big reveal of CM Punk post-Cena/Rey has his full entrance video and it kind of ruins whatever verisimilitude the scene might have had.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah Whos Got NXT is for last gen, because the NXT dudes are in the MyCareer thing and are unlocked differently. Last Gen gets the NXT ARrIVAL ring exclusive though!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so did they ever announce the full roster + dlc or are we assuming the next gen version has the same guys plus whatever four nxt guys there were

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Anyway in the Rivalry showcase the big reveal of CM Punk post-Cena/Rey has his full entrance video and it kind of ruins whatever verisimilitude the scene might have had.
You mean, like, when the music starts playing, his video starts playing immediately instead of waiting til he actually comes out?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

so did they ever announce the full roster + dlc or are we assuming the next gen version has the same guys plus whatever four nxt guys there were

This Roster http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster/2k15

plus unlockable unannounced characters: Alberto Del Rio 2011, Evolution Batista, Evolution Orton, Ric Flair, Heel Daniel Bryan, Heel CM Punk, Booker T, Kevin Nash, 2003 Masked Kane, Young Jericho, Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas, Corey Graves, Rusev, Sami Zayn, Ultimate Warrior

plus this DLC

Season Pass: Paige

2K Showcase: One More Match

Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;

2K Showcase: Hall of Pain

Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;

2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan

Non Season Pass:

WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger

NXT Arrival

Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma;

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 29, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cams posted:

You mean, like, when the music starts playing, his video starts playing immediately instead of waiting til he actually comes out?
The music starts and the titantron immediately starts playing the clips of Punk in the ring.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Basic Chunnel posted:

The music starts and the titantron immediately starts playing the clips of Punk in the ring.

Does it include Cena saying "That's not Del Rio!"?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Dunno

There is actually a bit of commentary back-and-forth during the Punk-Del Rio Survivor Series match that's pretty funny

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

Does it include Cena saying "That's not Del Rio!"?
My favorite bit was always Cena's closeup "MY GOD" when Punk reveals himself.

I've seen that clip a lot.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Basically, the last gen version of 2K15 doesn't count. I feel bad for those without next gen. I wouldn't even bother buying the last-gen version.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Rock seems to have gotten the Undertaker treatment this year, ie his model is the only well-animated one in cutscenes on the current gen

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Back to CARDTALK, finally made the finals of a Legendary KOTR. My first legendary pair. Yay.

I am almost done with this game forever.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I kinda love that, somehow, Nash has made his way into another game when there's absolutely no reason for him to be there. Dude's the best in the world at collecting a paycheque.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
From the official supercard forums, this is apparently the dude that came first in the last event and won the sweet ambrose cards

quote:

Now the PCC is over, lets address all the cheating accusations

As this PCC winds down, just wanted to address a few things regarding the accusations on cheating, hacking. Besides having no proof, they’re also entirely off base and incorrect. Feel free to read on or ignore.

1. Yes, my account name is Jonathan (it’s the J in my user name). I’ve mentioned this before in some of my posts very early on.

2. I buy title matches (for almost all games). Didn’t anyone notice that my point totals always seemed to end in zeros. If I accidentally misclick on a 1 or 3 point match, I either close out or I just even the score out to ending in a zero. It’s a little OCD, but whatever.

3. I’m not hacking. I play on my ipad if I am at home or my android if away.

4. It’s my account and only I play on it. Giving your account for someone else to grind is stupid. Not going to risk the chance someone deletes a card.

5. As for spending money, I have no reservations about it since I work intensive hours on the weekdays. Without it, I may as well not compete in PCC’s as I couldn’t possibly win. One poster said it well, if you’re going to dedicate a lot of time to the PCC, why wouldn’t you do everything to ensure you are in the top 5. You can always recoup money but not time. I get that it’s not always an option for some people, but I personally use it if it’s there.

6. Someone mentioned that for the second PCC, I came out of nowhere after the first day and flew by him. That’s because it started early Friday and I was at work. Anyone who looks at my scores will notice a very fast pace on the weekends but slow significantly on weekdays. I was actually 5th in the first PCC but no one noticed due to MoKai and Jyess (I was first after Saturday night but had to fly out for work and got maybe 200 points the rest of the way).

7. I tend to play in small bursts of 100 wins at a high 80% / low 90% win rate. 100 wins (with titles) = 1000 points. That’s why my point totals go up in even thousands. I like doing this because it keeps me entertained to compete against the clock to get 100 wins.

8. It takes me about 75 to 80 minutes to get 100 wins. Usually I will pile up 10-20 losses in those 100 wins so that’s about 115 games over 80 minutes. Then I take a 10-15 minute break, sometimes longer to eat, shower, …

9. I can go literally for 12-18 hours straight as I’ve always been able to get by with little sleep. That equals over 10,000 – 14,000 points in any one day. But it has to be a weekend. Fortunate on the last 2 PCC not to have to work those days as well. Not so much on the first one.

10. I always plan ahead which is why I can grind for so long. You don’t really need to concentrate on the game once you are very familiar with your lineup. I watch movies, talk on the phone, read research articles for work while I tap away.

11. It’s entirely strategic why I put up heavy point totals early. I don’t want to get into a race at the end. I would rather be ahead and wait to see if I need to grind any more. I consistently monitor the top of the leaderboards (especially 6th place) in the last day or so of the PCC, but I only play when I need to. Also, having to work makes it hard to play much.

Hope this puts all the silliness to rest. It probably won’t as I am sure they will pop up at the next PCC.

If anyone has strategy questions, happy to answer.

So if you wanna be the very best kids there you go! :psyduck:

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

VoLaTiLe posted:

From the official supercard forums, this is apparently the dude that came first in the last event and won the sweet ambrose cards

So if you wanna be the very best kids there you go! :psyduck:

How many points did that guy have to come in first? Wasn't it 14,000+? that's a lot of money spent on title matches.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He had 40000-something last time I looked.

I'm not sure I buy that but whatever, it's actually sadder than botting.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I wonder if his girlfriend gets mad at the time and money he spends on this game?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wonder if his girlfriend gets mad at the time and money he spends on this game?

I wouldn't worry.

I am happy that he's paying for the rest of us to play though!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Not a pay-to-win game my rear end. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I think there's somethink kinda fishy with the multitude of Universe mode cutscenes in 2k15. It's nice that they've made the wordless story progression less opaque (when you open up a branching story, the different possibilities are mapped out in the story list). Otoh the number was never going to as impressive as it seemed because you have different combinations - face vs face, heel vs heel, turns (maybe even double turns? Hard to say) and it seems like they're probably recycling scenes and using them to describe different story events.

Example: I made a CAW and in his first universe match he squared off against a face and lost (as a face). They did the whole post-match handshake thing that's been in the games for years now, and according to the story list that scene was meant to convey that my CAW debuted against a "respectable superstar" (they have all these totally-not-kayfabe-breaking euphemisms and it's kind of adorable) who was impressed with his hustle and a burgeoning alliance has formed. I haven't confirmed they've been added to each other's ally list but I guess that's the sort of thing that can happen.

The championship category has 400-something cutscenes, but that includes tag and diva rivalries in addition to the different permutations of kayfabe alignments, as well as things like repeated rivalries and the inclusion of allies (?). Presumably there could be scenes tailored to Undertaker @ WM / MITB / Royal Rumble rivalries too. And different roster members have their own unique rivalries with unique scenes - only one mentioned at the outset is a continuation of Cena / Punk but you could probably guess a fair number of other ones too.

I do appreciate that they made Taker's Mania rivalry its own thing. He was getting matches in 2k14 but the AI just really loved pairing him with Reigns in HIAC matches. RR ended up winning the third time around.