Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Medullah posted:

In this universe, Krypton looks suspiciously like Vancouver.

Weird, their "Supergirl before Supergirl" type show in Kantor also looks a lot like Vancouver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
"Diana, you will be the first Amazon to leave this island and walk in Man's World. I believe they call it Seattle."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HitTheTargets posted:

"Diana, you will be the first Amazon to leave this island and walk in Man's World. I believe they call it Seattle."

Themyscera will have a surprisingly temperate climate for a magical Grecian paradise.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Medullah posted:

In this universe, Krypton looks suspiciously like Vancouver.

So Caprica then.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well obviously this means that Vancouver is the One True City of which all other cites are but pale shadows.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

Weird, their "Supergirl before Supergirl" type show in Kantor also looks a lot like Vancouver.

HitTheTargets posted:

Seacouver!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Vancouver is now Atlantis!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Well obviously this means that Vancouver is the One True City of which all other cites are but pale shadows.

Metropolis is Vancouver during the day, Gotham is Vancouver during the night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also Central City in the day and Starling at night.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's also Central City in the day and Starling at night.

Also Gateway/Bludhaven.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As someone who lives in Vancouver I can officially say that Vancouver is certainly all of those things.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:blush: I meant Keystone. I got confused.

Also, Amazon picked up Constantine here in the UK, so I have to put in literally no effort to watch it, which was the barrier to me watching it.

EDIT: *girl reads fortune cookie slip, which is blank* "Huh, I have no future". :lol:

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 28, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, Wentworth Miller totally owned the role of Captain Cold in tonight's Flash. Already the best villain.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Man, Wentworth Miller totally owned the role of Captain Cold in tonight's Flash. Already the best villain.

And they didn't even kill him off! And he got the stinger instead of Wells! This whole episode was chasing high after high.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

McSpanky posted:

And they didn't even kill him off! And he got the stinger instead of Wells! This whole episode was chasing high after high.

Not only that, he kind of actually won!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also Agents of Shield probably had their best episode yet, man Tuesdays are so great now that I can watch two good superhero shows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McSpanky posted:

I think it was assumed he'd be a recurring character after they announced Dominic Purcell was cast as Heat Wave.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You said he didn't kill anyone he didn't have to, but it sure seems he killed that guy who seemed like a friend who brought him two sweet rear end guns for free for no real reason. Because he'll presumably gab to everyone about he stole a gun from star labs and gave it to Leonard Snart?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
That's for civilians, cops, and heroes. You know, people that the powers that be care about. Kill other criminals and no one cares.

There's a reason The Punisher doesn't get the kind of heat that someone with his body count should.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

There's a reason The Punisher doesn't get the kind of heat that someone with his body count should.

Narrative convenience?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

greatn posted:

You said he didn't kill anyone he didn't have to, but it sure seems he killed that guy who seemed like a friend who brought him two sweet rear end guns for free for no real reason. Because he'll presumably gab to everyone about he stole a gun from star labs and gave it to Leonard Snart?

He meant in the commission of a robbery. The amount of attention you get from stealing a couple hundred thousand dollars versus the amount of attention you get from stealing the same amount of money and killing someone is entirely different. He's basically Richard Stark's Parker with a freeze gun.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lurdiak posted:

Narrative convenience?

Resource allocation. In a world with a civilian mass murder once a week, and a guy who kills an organization in behind them about once a month, one wheel squeaks a lot louder.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So, I watched the Constantine premiere... and kinda liked it? It's relying a LOT on Matt Ryan's charisma as John to carry it, but it came off pretty well. And um, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that line about how he and Liv's father were 'close' certainly seemed like a crumb thrown to the people mad that John won't be actively sleeping with dudes in the show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's the Agent Carter teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkkRVeyVnw

I guess I didn't realize it was a miniseries.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's being used so they don't need to have long gaps in airing SHIELD. They air one block until Xmas, Agent Carter goes out in the new year, then they air the rest of SHIELD.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The same dude that cast Amell and Gustin is doing casting for Supergirl. As a big fan of both those actors in their respective roles, this is really good news to me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would kind of dig it if DC's TV universe ended up with Supergirl "as" Superman, if you get what I mean. She'd be the last survivor of Krypton instead of Kal-El and she'd become Earth's number-one hero. That would be pretty cool. Kind of like how Oliver Queen is basically their Batman.

It'll probably not happen, though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Too bad Molly Quinn is still on Castle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

I would kind of dig it if DC's TV universe ended up with Supergirl "as" Superman, if you get what I mean. She'd be the last survivor of Krypton instead of Kal-El and she'd become Earth's number-one hero. That would be pretty cool. Kind of like how Oliver Queen is basically their Batman.

It'll probably not happen, though.

I suspect Supergirl won't be taking place in the same universe as Arrow or Flash, like how Gotham and Constantine are completely separate.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

The long con - when ROI on superhero titles falls off in 10-15 years....CRISIS. This is my roommates fantasy/theory. I think its hogwash (but seriously that would be cray cray).

Has there been any news on the Teen Titans show that was announced in development for TNT a while back?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I suspect Supergirl won't be taking place in the same universe as Arrow or Flash, like how Gotham and Constantine are completely separate.

If CBS allowed WB crossovers though...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it was confirmed Supergirl takes place in a world where Superman already exists. Can Britney from Glee play non ditzy characters well? People from Glee seem to do well on these shows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

zoux posted:

If CBS allowed WB crossovers though...

I don't think it has anything to do with network fiat, it's a conscious choice to do something different than what Marvel does with their stuff, which I think is a good thing.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

hi liter posted:

The long con - when ROI on superhero titles falls off in 10-15 years....CRISIS. This is my roommates fantasy/theory. I think its hogwash (but seriously that would be cray cray).

Has there been any news on the Teen Titans show that was announced in development for TNT a while back?

The entire build up of The Flash is that it will eventually lead to a Crisis.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Reports are saying that Supergirl will be named Kara Danvers. I wonder if that's a hit at Marvel

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Skwirl posted:

I don't think it has anything to do with network fiat, it's a conscious choice to do something different than what Marvel does with their stuff, which I think is a good thing.

It has everything to do with network fiat, I'm not sure aside from winking Richard Belzer type joke cameos and the legacy Buffyverse cameos that any two networks have ever allowed a cross over like that and I really doubt CBS has.

Also not really sure how it's a conscious choice to be different than Marvel when Arrow and Flash already have done a crossover, Marvel has yet to do a crossover on it's TV shows (largely because there's only one on the air at the moment) and we don't know if the Netflix shows will be allowed to directly interact with the ABC ones (though that would be a lot easier pill for ABC to swallow).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DynamicSloth posted:

It has everything to do with network fiat, I'm not sure aside from winking Richard Belzer type joke cameos and the legacy Buffyverse cameos that any two networks have ever allowed a cross over like that and I really doubt CBS has.

Also not really sure how it's a conscious choice to be different than Marvel when Arrow and Flash already have done a crossover, Marvel has yet to do a crossover on it's TV shows (largely because there's only one on the air at the moment) and we don't know if the Netflix shows will be allowed to directly interact with the ABC ones (though that would be a lot easier pill for ABC to swallow).

Ally McBeal (FOX) and The Practice (ABC) had a 2 part crossover, and Angel was on a different network from Buffy towards the end of those shows and they still had a couple crossovers after, including one character jumping from Buffy to Angel after Buffy ended.

The Flash was designed as a spin-off from Arrow from it's original conception, the other shows not so much. It's entirely possible that if the concept came up of a Supergirl/Arrow crossover one of the networks would nix it, but I don't think it was ever a large part of their original idea for the series.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Dacap posted:

Reports are saying that Supergirl will be named Kara Danvers. I wonder if that's a hit at Marvel
Nah (or, possibly nah), the Silver Age Supergirl's secret identity was Linda Danvers. Nowadays the "Linda Danvers" moniker is still a little bit caught up in Peter David's (totally awesome) earth-born angel incarnation of Supergirl from the 90s, so it's not too strange that they just call her Kara Danvers for the show.

edit: oh yeah, to clarify, Supergirl's Kryptonian name is Kara Zor-El, which is what she mostly goes by in the comics nowadays. So Kara Danvers is a mix.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 31, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could always use Power Girl in Arrow/Flash universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CBS is at least a partial owner of the CW, isn't it? It wouldn't be too out of the realm of possibility for those two particular channels to do a crossover.