Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Is there a certain age after which they'll just stop taking organs from you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pulsedragon posted:

The same dude also posted this so that seems pretty likely.

Ship with Captain Ahab!

And once for all, let me tell thee and assure thee, young man, it's better to sail with a moody good captain than a laughing bad one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BgRdMchne posted:

You can't claim that you're not represented if you vote.

People that don't do poo poo are far better represented by the American government.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

karl fungus posted:

Is there a certain age after which they'll just stop taking organs from you?

No idea. According to this, there is no formal age limit: http://www.organdonation.gov.hk/eng/faq.html

But I imagine there is an unspoken cap where you have to show the organs are in reaaaaallly good condition before they take the risk to put them in someone high of the list.

Also, I don't deny that such a black market exists, especially in darker parts of the world, but these doctors would take the risk for a younger patient, not the random elderly patient off the street. The money they would make on a young liver would be more worth the risk. Again, you want a happy client, not someone who is going to head to the police if things go wrong. And if the organ fails and autopsy shows it's several decades older than the dead person, questions are going to be ask.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Apparently the shooting on Parliament Hill last week caused some people to go ARE TROOPS. :canada:

This image was also part of his post:

No, I don't know what this had to do with my university.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man makes an off-hand joke to the President while voting. President Obama and the man's girlfriend joke about it while voting. Newscasters are chill about it, comments are mostly 'NOT MY PRESIDENT! OBOLO MONKEY NIGGERS' :freep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DHfOuXilc

:911:

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Lik dis if u cry evertim.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

I love everything about this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

This is some foreverial tiedup poo poo.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I think he has a bit of foetal alcohol syndrome. He comes from a rough as gently caress Tasmanian housing commission area and I'm pretty sure he's a career trolley collector.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

There have been times when I've wanted to type like this, for reasons of verisimilitude in design or satire or what-have-you, but I couldn't. I sweated and swore over every misspelling and typographical error, but I just couldn't get it right. It looks so effortless, but it's really hard! How do people learn to do this? What are the rules?

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
Were you sober at the time?

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

RareAcumen posted:

Man makes an off-hand joke to the President while voting. President Obama and the man's girlfriend joke about it while voting. Newscasters are chill about it, comments are mostly 'NOT MY PRESIDENT! OBOLO MONKEY NIGGERS' :freep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DHfOuXilc

:911:

People's idiot friends posting about their stupid conspiratorial opinions on Facebook gets nothing out of me but seeing people post like straight up the most racist trash on YouTube and get like tens of likes just riles me up. People are so lovely goddamn. I hate the human race, kill all white people.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

cool kids inc. posted:

It reads like old English if you pronounce it phonetically.

Here I made this for you.

Edit: vv okay wait now I can't tell if we're just having fun with photoshop or if that's for real.

davebo has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Oct 28, 2014

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ugh that's gross.

Who eats cheesy popcorn?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm pretty sure this girl I went to college with hates women, because every other post she makes is her talking poo poo about other women or feminism. She's also a very hardcore gamer...

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I was going to include an artist in a weekly newsletter I do. I decided to check her facebook first.

She does several of those "What (blank) are you?" quizzes a day along with animal click-bait videos ("I've never seen a cat do this to a dog in my life. And the reason why is unbelievable.")

She's posted this 6 times that I saw:
"A daughter asked her dad, "Dad, there is something that my new boyfriend said to me, that I didn't understand --
He said that I ...have a beautiful chassis, 2 lovely airbags and a fantastic bumper."
Dad said, "You tell your boyfriend that if he opens your bonnet and pulls out his dipstick to check the oil, I will give him such a servicing that -- his motor will cease functioning and his ball bearings will fall off!!""

This one, though, is my favorite. The caption is "sitting here relaxing..."

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

256 million? [obama-what.gif]

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Just a guess: population of the US (318,968,000) - number of people that voted for Obama in 2008 (69,498,516) = 249,469,484. Not quite 256 million, but that's the closest I can get using crazy people math.

edit: population is from 2014 and gently caress sig figs.

CoasterMaster has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Oct 29, 2014

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
There hasn't been a $1000 note in 80 years. I find it highly unlikely, even taking into account his privileged stature as POTUS, that Obama would be carrying one of the old ones.

Peanut President posted:

I know his numbers are down, but I don't think his approval rating is that low.

Also, this is apparently taking place on Air Force 1. Ain't no one throwing anything out a window.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Peanut President posted:

Population in 2011 was around 305 million. So basically everyone but tiny babies wants Obama and Michelle to be murdered?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

He really could not resist dropping that last line.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

It is a testament to this thread's degree of horrendousness on the internet that the most offensive and shocking thing in this exchange is black's misuse of "they're".

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Childers B. Lace posted:

It is a testament to this thread's degree of horrendousness on the internet that the most offensive and shocking thing in this exchange is black's misuse of "they're".

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the autism.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
When will dudes understand that hey, just because you think sexually suggestive comments towards you are cool, doesn't mean women think the same way? Holy christ.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
So George Takei posted an article about dangerous 90s toys. Unsurprisingly, the comments were people :circlefap: to :smug: ARE GENERATION WAS BETTER :smug:

Kids are learning to solve their bullying problems without violence? Those pussies! :argh:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Leninboarrir posted:

When will dudes understand that hey, just because you think sexually suggestive comments towards you are cool, doesn't mean women think the same way? Holy christ.

Not until people stop being self-centered. So it might take a while

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Turtlicious posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the autism.

Did an autistic kid headbutt your parents to death before your eyes or something

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Did an autistic kid headbutt your parents to death before your eyes or something

Reread the name of the forums. Then think about what those words mean and why people might make jokes on this forum.

When you've done that I'll let you play with your trains again.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't think you're taking the dire threat of our recent rash of fatal headbuttings seriously

Perhaps if we had more guns, it wouldn't happen

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I don't think you're taking the dire threat of our recent rash of fatal headbuttings seriously

Ok. I'll just keep your trains then.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Roving packs of feral autisic kids headbutting strangers to death is pretty funny imo

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Good god trying to read this nearly gave me an aneurysm. What the gently caress people....

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

While there may be a connection between thyroid diseases and an elevated risk of developing cancer (at least that's what Googling around for a few minutes tells me), said connection is still being researched by, you know actual scientists.

"I'm a doctor of bullshit! Follow me on FaceBook!"
This is how I think people get suckered into poo poo like "oh yeah, these supplements will totally boost your immune system, ergo, no cancer for you, ever !" because it uses the same language of real doctors.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it really difficult to have an iodine deficiency in the developed world?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
My dad's at it again.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I like how none of these "sacrafices" are related to the war related to the poppies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Kavak posted:

I like how none of these "sacrafices" are related to the war related to the poppies.

I thought poppy abusers meant opium addicts, so the poem was sort of nicely surreal actually.

• Locked thread