Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Transistor theme, which I will then download so hard there won't be any left for the rest of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Spalec posted:

Spelunky is really a great game, even though I suck hardcore and most of my games go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USqm_eR64s

Never mind triple A 'retail' games for PS+, more games like this and I'll be a PS+ member forever.

19 deaths? You only have like 700 more to catch up to my level of terribleness.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Spalec posted:

Spelunky is really a great game, even though I suck hardcore and most of my games go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USqm_eR64s

Never mind triple A 'retail' games for PS+, more games like this and I'll be a PS+ member forever.

You're not alone duder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV1tSnnqYyU

:lol: that damned candy corn costume in Costume Quest.

"Candy Corn is a pacifist.."

Draven fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 29, 2014

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Damnit, I've been pretty satisfied with my PS4 purchase. However, Destiny has reignited the dormant big gamer in me, so I'm playing games a lot more.

Problem is, all of my buddies went and bought Xbox Ones. I only know the goons in the goon Madden league. I had to end up buying the 360 version of Destiny to play with the majority of my other friends. Those guys also plan on eventually moving to Xbox Ones. But, now I want the new Battlefield and Call of Duty, but I'm at a stalemate because my other friends that are getting it...only have Xbox Ones. I can't play with anybody I actually know, while they'll all be playing.

Basically, the only thing that's keeping me a PS4 user is goon Madden. The thought has been roaming in my head about trading somebody my PS4 straight up for a Xbox One so I can play with my friends.

Somebody talk me out of it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
The unfinished swan is better than I remember. I don't know why I stopped playing on ps3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

89 posted:

Damnit, I've been pretty satisfied with my PS4 purchase. However, Destiny has reignited the dormant big gamer in me, so I'm playing games a lot more.

Problem is, all of my buddies went and bought Xbox Ones. I only know the goons in the goon Madden league. I had to end up buying the 360 version of Destiny to play with the majority of my other friends. Those guys also plan on eventually moving to Xbox Ones. But, now I want the new Battlefield and Call of Duty, but I'm at a stalemate because my other friends that are getting it...only have Xbox Ones. I can't play with anybody I actually know, while they'll all be playing.

Basically, the only thing that's keeping me a PS4 user is goon Madden. The thought has been roaming in my head about trading somebody my PS4 straight up for a Xbox One so I can play with my friends.

Go with game, my son.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

89 posted:

If it's any consolation, Microsoft's in dire enough straights that they're dropping the Xbox One's price $50 in a week (when CoD releases) to try and give it a shot in the arm since it's getting crushed in sales, although unless Halo MCC sells absolutely gangbusters it might be too little too late, so if you do get an Xbox One you might want to do it in a way that you can still hang onto your PS4.

The golden rule is to go where your friends are, though, if online multiplayer is important to you.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

The xbone is lovely and has sold poorly and unless it gets a hardware update will always have problems keeping up with the PS4 for graphics but if all your friends have it and playing with them is important to you... Well, the choice is up to you.

There's also no rule that says you can't have both. If you can't afford it though, that's just hard reality.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
People who still do the Spelunky Daily add me: AthanatosSA

The 1st time a friend did the Daily before me I noticed something weird, walked over to it, and it said '[FRIEND] died by Spider Bite.' Oh cool, it shows where they died, I thought as a spider came down from the sky and also killed me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

89 posted:

You need new friends. Let me guess, they love to casually drop racial and homophobic jokes while stomping mad pubbies in CoD?

But seriously it doesn't matter what console you play on, play with friends. There will always be goon groups on the PS4. Not sure if I want to get CoD AW yet myself.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Anyone having problems shareplaying Shadow Of mordor? When trying I get a message saying that the content might be restricted in my region. (I'm shareplaying with a buddy here in Sweden).
Any other game we tried worked great though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So the USB music player won't override a game's music track (like the first Xbox and then apparently no console ever again) and if your game doesn't allow you to turn down music (looking at you, Destiny) you end up with an annoying cacophony of sound. Glad the new music player is useless for the main thing I was looking forward to!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

So the USB music player won't override a game's music track (like the first Xbox and then apparently no console ever again) and if your game doesn't allow you to turn down music (looking at you, Destiny) you end up with an annoying cacophony of sound. Glad the new music player is useless for the main thing I was looking forward to!
I thought most games had a menu option to turn down the music.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Been really busy so haven't been following thread or had a chance to update the OP. Someone else feel free to copy/paste what I have and make a new one or just tell me what to add to the OP

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Samurai Sanders posted:

You don't understand Bungie's ego.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I actually think Destiny is like the only game on the system without a sound volume menu. Only one I've seen, at least.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2klmqx/with_20_voice_chat_codec_has_been_vastly_improved/

My friend just linked me to this just now. Earlier tonight I did notice he and I speaking he sounded much less baddy/muffled.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It doesn't surprise me that Share Play works so well. If Sony built a system that lets you play a game on a PS3 in their datacenter, why not a PS4 in your friend's apartment? What's really cool is that someone even thought to offer it. It's not a feature I'd have thought to request.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Possible fix to the unresponsive systems in rest mode:

Go to safe mode (while PS4 is shut down, hold down power until you hear 2 beeps then let go)
Connect a controller to system with a USB cable and press PS button
Select Update System Software, and then Update through Internet.
Download and reinstall the firmware.

So far I haven't seen the blinking orange line after that.

Others online have said that choosing Rebuild Database also solved their problem.

Ryoga posted:

After installing the unfinished swan my system seemed to be frozen on the game info screen with no information and no way to go back, after about a minute the screen went black and the power button wouldn't respond (the eject button would make noise but would no eject the disc inside). After letting it sit for a while my system now lo longer reponds to the power or eject buttons, is it time to call up sony for a coffin?

No. Hold onto the power button for around 30 seconds. Eventually, you'll hear a beep and it will either shut down normally or reset.

Scyron posted:

The unfinished swan is better than I remember. I don't know why I stopped playing on ps3.

Probably because the second-half isn't as engaging as the first-half.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
Went to the store today and saw that the first season of The Walking Dead came out for PS4. Absolutely loved the game when I first played through it on 360 so thought I'd replay it. It's so weird playing this game at a perfectly smooth frame rate, parts that were a slide show on 360 look fine on PS4.

Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

Anyone up for some share play? I want to play coop Spelunky but any game will do. Psn: LazyChann.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Yechezkel posted:

Probably because the second-half isn't as engaging as the first-half.

I only had gotten to the end of part 2 of chapter one, for PS3. Maybe it was the move controls I specifically wanted to play the game with, or maybe it was lack of real interest and just wanting to support an artsy video game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

DrNutt posted:

Why is the first XBox the only system cool enough to do this? Phantom Dust was even better because there was an in game menu that let you pick any MP3 off your hard drive individually to replace any of the regular tracks one by one. Truly a custom soundtrack.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 360 also had custom soundtrack support and most games would mute their own music while you used it. Maybe developers hated it cause Microsoft ended up compromising a lot of their standards poo poo too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ps4 player looking to do all the weekly/daily stuff. Friend leidend for good times

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Really digging Lords of the Fallen but it definitely kinda runs like hot-buttered poo.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

Really digging Lords of the Fallen but it definitely kinda runs like hot-buttered poo.

Can you elaborate? I'm really on the fence on this game and would love some more opinions on it.. or you could shareplay it with me... ;)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

echronorian posted:

Can you elaborate? I'm really on the fence on this game and would love some more opinions on it.. or you could shareplay it with me... ;)

Bad pop-in... holds JUST north of tearing screens everywhere. Framerate gets a bit dicey outside. Couple of bugs where I died but didn't respawn and had to main-menu quit. Still fun, so far, but man alive it's rough.

[edit]

Tooltips pop up at random times and if you do something they go away and you can't seem to get them back.

Your objective / goal doesn't always update right. Mine still says Explore, Survive, Loot because I was in a challenge area. But I LEFT the challenge area. Soo.....?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 29, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dunno if it's a 2.0 feature or not, but while I was goofing around in the menus I managed to find a setting to turn my controller off after a set amount of time.

I set it for 10 mins, and now I'm guessing I have supercharged my controller's battery life because I'm pretty sure having it be on during netflix marathons, etc was not helping it much.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of frame rates, did they ever make Warframe PS4 run okay? Last time I tried was a few months ago, it was awful then, especially for a game where it's already hard to pick enemies out of the background because more often than not they are the same drat color, violating a very central idea of game visual design.

Also, I am still amazed in Mordor how dull and stupid your player character and the normal NPCs are compared to the orcs. When randomly generated characters are more interesting than the ones you are deliberately writing from start to end, shouldn't you quit being a writer? Torvar or whatever he is called the dwarf is particularly awful.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 29, 2014

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
My PS4 controller lasts maybe 1 / 1.5 days on a full charge. Is there any way to turn off the huge moronic power-draining light on the front of the thing?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lunixnerd posted:

My PS4 controller lasts maybe 1 / 1.5 days on a full charge. Is there any way to turn off the huge moronic power-draining light on the front of the thing?

As of now no you can only dim it

I guess you can open the controller and disconnect it

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Uncharted 3, kinda confirmed....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I got bored, have a Sportsfriends ringtone. Using the version from the Kickstarter credits section which is my favorite.

m4r for iPhones

mp3 for Android plus everything else I guess

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, you have to be in a party for Share Play to work? Or, can I just find random people?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They've freaking got chromakey support for the camera in the streaming functionality now.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
No Themes for Aus PSN store? :(

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

CousinKevin posted:

Went to the store today and saw that the first season of The Walking Dead came out for PS4. Absolutely loved the game when I first played through it on 360 so thought I'd replay it. It's so weird playing this game at a perfectly smooth frame rate, parts that were a slide show on 360 look fine on PS4.

I've been thinking about picking up Season 2 on PS4 but I played Season 1 on PC. Does anything carry over, or does it matter? I'd rather play on PS4 if I could.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The amount of stuff that carries over is so superficial and trivial you probably wouldn't even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I can't find themes either, I'm in the UK.

• Locked thread