Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dexo posted:

Wait, Cap couldn't move it?

It moved a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ha, Cap was able to budge the hammer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cap moved Mjolnir!

Gonna own when he picks it up to face Thanos.

Jangles
Apr 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Wait, Cap couldn't move it?

It budged

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
WHAT

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The writing is the blueprint for the Penny Can!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This must be our artist from the Miami painting.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hello, what's this?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

AHH Canada isn't showing the Avengers scene!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dacap posted:

Urgh gently caress us

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dacap posted:

It was really good.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Aw man I missed the very end. Ward was messing with his hands.... and then what? He slips off the cuffs and beats up dudes?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
What an episode.

Also, oh poo poo Ward is free. I really do want him to become some sort of villain like Super Hydra Man or something.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Also, nice tonal whiplash in that Avengers scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Sounds like it's the same one they've been showing at events for months.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Figured CTV would drop the ball on this one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I thought that was Henry Rollins for a second getting the tats

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That episode was amazing.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Sounds like it's the same one they've been showing at events for months.

Still wanna see it

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Aw man I missed the very end. Ward was messing with his hands.... and then what? He slips off the cuffs and beats up dudes?

Yup. Dislocated his thumb and punched dudes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah, also a guy who is getting the weird symbols tattooed on his torso.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Archaic posted:

Figured CTV would drop the ball on this one.

They need to remind us about the Amazing Race!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
So this show is pretty good now

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

So this show is pretty good now

I think this was the best episode they've had to date.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Well, there's the obligatory Ward escape. I figure I'll quote this from about 40 minutes ago, if that:

NowonSA posted:

Put me down for thinking that Ward the Younger is out of his cell before the mid-season break, as an "Agent" for Shield if not as an escapee.

Good ol' Shield never disappoints. I am intrigued to see where the hell Ward is escaping to, aside from the obvious SkyeDad/Hydra.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yep, I agree. The only one that's close is the season one finale, in my opinion, though that's only in the running for a few really good scenes (Found it!). I'd put this as the most consistently good episode so far, no question. Zero bad scenes in my opinion.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Also based on Ward's description I'm convinced that the thread's theory last week that Skye's Dad is Mr. Hyde thus making her Daisy Johnson/Quake is true.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #2: Getting close to Agent May.

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #1: Fighting Agent May.

Also, Christain Ward is 100% Pure Evil. He's a Senator. In Marvel Comicsland. ALL Senators there are 100% Pure Evil. Senator Kelly is Satan, and he put all other Senators into place.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I expect escaped Ward to obsessively track down Skye's dad and find a way to get them together.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Agreed.

Kheldarn posted:

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #2: Getting close to Agent May.

Classic Mistake Of Fighting Agent May #1: Fighting Agent May.
Hahaha, yeah. In season 2 they've found a way to make May consistently look like the crazy badass that we heard so much about her being last year. Whoever's doing their fight stuff now really stepped their game up.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Also, Christain Ward is 100% Pure Evil. He's a Senator. In Marvel Comicsland. ALL Senators there are 100% Pure Evil. Senator Kelly is Satan, and he put all other Senators into place.

One of them was a straight up Hydra man! Or was he a congressman?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I find it somewhat hard to believe that Coulson didn't think Ward would escape. He well knows how competent the guy is. Feels like he might have a plan, there.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

bio347 posted:

I find it somewhat hard to believe that Coulson didn't think Ward would escape. He well knows how competent the guy is. Feels like he might have a plan, there.

My guess is he'll break out, grab Skye's dad in a desperate bid to get her approval, playing right into her and Coulson's plan.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Deadpool posted:

The writing is the blueprint for the Penny Can!

I'm glad someone else was as amused by this casting as I was.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm glad someone else was as amused by this casting as I was.

Brian Van Holt is awesome but he'll always be Bobby Cobb to me. Such a great character.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Regy Rusty posted:

It's alright, it just means Skye's gotten good at this!

Actually, Skye has pretty consistently been good at playing people all series long.

That was a good episode. It was probably a good idea for the show to get Ward out of the prison cell. He was only "out" as a Hydra agent for a short time, so it was unclear to me how much useful intel he could have had about Hydra operations. (Was he informed about such things before the uprising? Maybe, although that sounds risky, and defeats the purpose of compartmentalization.) If they kept him in there providing info on Hydra stuff for ages and ages, it would start to seem questionable.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Brian Van Holt is awesome but he'll always be Bobby Cobb to me. Such a great character.

Is that who that actor at the end was? I thought it was Dylan Bruno.

God that was a great episode. My favorite moment was when Ward revealed in his twisted mind he still thought he was part of the team. I LOVE how they've totally defied the expectations of redemption with him.

Flash into Agents of Shield into Person of Interest. I love Tuesdays. Heroes and Heroes and SciFi (which POI totally is).

VBane fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 29, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Now we get unpredictable random element Ward instead of Hannibal Lecter Ward. This'll be good.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

kdrudy posted:

I expect escaped Ward to obsessively track down Skye's dad and find a way to get them together.

Either that or he single-handedly (triple?) crosses Hydra and fucks them so hard they can hardly recover. Therefore solidifying his "I'm back on the team but no one trusts me at all, but I'll work on it" plot line for season 3.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Also, just realized that the name of the lead Hydra guy in this episode is the real name of the original Whiplash. They even updated him to use a rope-dart/kyoketsu-shoge instead of a whip.

Sadly can't call him Whiplash since they merged that character with Ivan Vanko/Crimson Dynamo already. But I guess this guy can be called Blacklash, since the original Whiplash used that name sometimes as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Windows 98 posted:

Either that or he single-handedly (triple?) crosses Hydra and fucks them so hard they can hardly recover. Therefore solidifying his "I'm back on the team but no one trusts me at all, but I'll work on it" plot line for season 3.

I think it'll be this. He'll be out there working an angle to try to get in Skye's good graces.

Not sure if they'll address it or not, but it might find weight if they mention if he killed anyone during his escape. Obviously he put some hurt on the FBI people, but I'm not sure if there was any killing there or not.

• Locked thread