Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Sounds like they just took Pat's side of the audio only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
The audio quality is distracting but it's almost made up by the episode's title.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Where do the titles even come from anyway? Are they just things Woolie mumbles in his sleep?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Some of them are said in the episode, and half that.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Listening to the podcast while working as usual. Hearing Matt talk about Bio-Menace made me smile ear-to-ear. And then I had to go look up Cyberdogs after Pat mentioned it. It also has a sequel called "C-Dogs": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Dogs

Downloading both of these when I get home since I'm a sucker for hidden gems of the DOS days.

Edit: Haha, thanks for the second mention of Reporter Eats poo poo Super Hard, Matt. Totally caught that.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 29, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CJacobs posted:

Where do the titles even come from anyway? Are they just things Woolie mumbles in his sleep?

The title for this one comes from a recent episode of the Guacamelee playthrough, where they discussed how Liam has no idea what Swat Kats are and how he's terrified of big booties.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm digging the secret hidden theme of this week of shitstorm oneshots being 'sometimes college project/Early Access games are real cool'

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
woof sounds like they boned up the encoding settings or something for this weeks podcast

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

More like Pat probably hosed up and recorded their audio at the same time as his so they couldn't merge the two recordings so they had to just use his

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Depths posted:

woof sounds like they boned up the encoding settings or something for this weeks podcast

Ruh-roh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This podcast taught me that melee purist are real. "Everything looks amazing but also it's not melee."

One game out of four should be a good hint that they probably aren't going to just make melee 2 but still :psyduck:.

That being said, Kraven Manor was awesome, I think the ending to it was kind of weak after how spooky the start of it was but it doesn't really matter too much. I'm impressed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Melee means going back to the 1st two games when mobility and offense is superior to being defensive. I love Smash 4, but it still harkens to the tank battles of Brawl way more so than Melee or 64.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd rank it about 64 honestly. It's not something I'm willing to fight about because I'm a casual babby who enjoys anything as long as it's fun but I feel like people don't give smash 4 *any* credit which is a shame. Sure you're not slipping and sliding everywhere like Melee but it's still a huge step up and mechanically deeper (From my level of play, anyway). Some of the stuff Liam says is just a outright lie, like how there's no combos unless you throw (there are numerous actually) how "Sakurai said the 3DS is singleplayer focused!" (I keep asking for a source, no one ever ever provides one) and just argh.

It's a good game and it was just obnoxious hearing "Wow everything is super great to bad it's not melee" for the 3rd time in a row.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Some things:

Tried for over an hour to beat the first boss of Lords of The Fallen. Man, this game is exactly like Dark Souls. I might try to power through it.

Skyping and Podcasting is hard. When we recorded the Podcast at my place, we had to screw with all types of settings and that resulted in some problems with future videos as the settings hosed up my mic and resulted in low audio. Since fixed, but it took awhile.

No idea what happened to this week's podcast which was recorded at Woolie's with Woolie's setup. (which we've done dozens of times before)

Makes me feel we should probably avoid skyping/podcasting at the same time.

Glad everyone likes Kraven Manor. 3 more shitstorms remain, along with the one I did alone, drunk.

Melee fans are just a small step below religious militant fanatics.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Some things:

Tried for over an hour to beat the first boss of Lords of The Fallen. Man, this game is exactly like Dark Souls. I might try to power through it.

Are you going light armor? Because all reports say going super heavy is preferred and makes the game a bit too easy, from game reviews.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Glad everyone likes Kraven Manor. 3 more shitstorms remain, along with the one I did alone, drunk.

Why We Love Matt.txt

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Hey Matt, would you ever consider a God Hand playthrough and if so who would be at the helm?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

quote:

finally the Matt Stares At that we've all been asking for

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Hey Matt, would you ever consider a God Hand playthrough and if so who would be at the helm?

also please do this

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TheRealestMatt posted:

I cannot wait!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
matt, i love you

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I think this has come up before, and the idea was shot down for God Hand simply being too demanding a game to talk and play at the same time.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

TheRealestMatt posted:

I lived with 3 of them this year and oh my god you're right. Especially when I, with no "serious" smash bros experience, said I liked project M a lot more than Melee :can:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What if Woolie and Liam were ghosts all along and this Ghost Hunter video was the solo video Matt mentioned, hows that for spooky.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd rank it about 64 honestly. It's not something I'm willing to fight about because I'm a casual babby who enjoys anything as long as it's fun but I feel like people don't give smash 4 *any* credit which is a shame. Sure you're not slipping and sliding everywhere like Melee but it's still a huge step up and mechanically deeper (From my level of play, anyway). Some of the stuff Liam says is just a outright lie, like how there's no combos unless you throw (there are numerous actually) how "Sakurai said the 3DS is singleplayer focused!" (I keep asking for a source, no one ever ever provides one) and just argh.

It's a good game and it was just obnoxious hearing "Wow everything is super great to bad it's not melee" for the 3rd time in a row.

I loving cracked up last week and this one during those. Especially "Sakurai has shaken me". Yes Liam, the man who has never made a bad game including Smash 4 which is good and still better than like 97% of games has shaken you. Oh you.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Makes me feel we should probably avoid skyping/podcasting at the same time.

No, it's good. Even when it's hard to hear. You should have just lied and said you were all in a stealth boat (like TOMORROW NEVER DIES) trying to find ways to keep Pat in Japan. That'd explain the quality on your guys' end.

quote:

along with the one I did alone, drunk.

Hot drat. I can sympathize with needing to binge drink during marriage planning.

quote:

You're a good man Matt McPolish.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 30, 2014

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

As much as I'd like to see them play God Hand I think it's too hard of a game to LP for someone not deeply familiar with it. Then again they did Dark Souls 2 so gently caress it go nuts, leave all the deaths in and have fun with it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
They could just have Pat play while two of the others talk and make fun of him for being bad.

Hell even if that wouldn't make for a good full LP I'd be interested to see it as a one-off at least. Any excuse for more Clover/Platinum love, really.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

They could just have Pat play while two of the others talk and make fun of him for being bad.

Hell even if that wouldn't make for a good full LP I'd be interested to see it as a one-off at least. Any excuse for more Clover/Platinum love, really.

I always found it strange that the guys hype up platinum games go absolutely crazy about them only to never really do anything with any of the games. Back when W101 came out I was praying they'd do a playthrough like MGR (ironically) because not only would they get super hyped during it but it would raise a poo poo ton of awareness for how great the game is.

Part of me was hoping for Bayo 2 to get the treatment but nope. Oh well, win some lose some I guess.

Watching this Neverending Nightmare video and all I could do is laugh during the first half because of the kinda crummy art for the persons head but man as this video goes on it gets more and more unsettling and the art starts making more sense. Not a game I'd play but man is it interesting.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I always found it strange that the guys hype up platinum games go absolutely crazy about them only to never really do anything with any of the games. Back when W101 came out I was praying they'd do a playthrough like MGR (ironically) because not only would they get super hyped during it but it would raise a poo poo ton of awareness for how great the game is.

Part of me was hoping for Bayo 2 to get the treatment but nope. Oh well, win some lose some I guess.

Watching this Neverending Nightmare video and all I could do is laugh during the first half because of the kinda crummy art for the persons head but man as this video goes on it gets more and more unsettling and the art starts making more sense. Not a game I'd play but man is it interesting.

Yeah. Just from the GB quick look and this, it really seems to do a good job of evoking the headspace of someone who's morbidly depressed. There's the oppressive darkness, the sense of clumsiness and helplessness, of losing people important to you, the preoccupation with self-harm or being menaced by forces you can't fight... I dunno, not like I've ever been depressed, but I feel like Nightmare conveys the idea of it pretty well.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress this week of shitstorm one-shots has been nothing but legit spooks I love it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad that they aren't doing Platinum playthroughs so their fans actually listen to them and buy the loving games instead of just waiting to watch them play the games.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I only bought Revengeance because I saw them play it, I was sure not even Platinum could make me like Raiden.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one is going to run out and buy a Wii U because they saw Matt and Pat play Bayo 2 or W101... unless they're those same lunatics who bought them those Gurren-Lagann Boxsets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actually I have been contemplating getting a wiiu after watching chip cheezums ongoing LP of W101 and seeing the reviews for bayo 2, in addition to the normal strong Nintendo first party stuff. That both W101 and bayo 2 are fantastic was definitely a tipping factor in the decision, and I never would have known anything about W101 without seeing it LPed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beef Waifu posted:

No one is going to run out and buy a Wii U because they saw Matt and Pat play Bayo 2 or W101... unless they're those same lunatics who bought them those Gurren-Lagann Boxsets.

LP subforum (and this thread apparently) has taught me that enough footage can move systems. Seriously there's a Mario 3D World LP that pushed like 15 people over the fence to get the system and even more to get the game.

Knowing the how big TBF is on youtube it probably would of helped move a few systems and the like.

Edit: For the record I'm not saying this would help them "save Platinum" or whatever, just that I think it would of helped bring attention to the games. If I youtube'd Wonderful 101 I get some guy who is CLEARLY doing it for the youtube money going "Hey subscribe subscribe please like favorite please please" while getting killed by generic mooks. Not a good impression to give people really (thankfully Chip's LP is here but lil late on that front)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 30, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fair enough, I suppose.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I wish it would SAVE Platinum. It's a drat crime that their games don't sell. :mad:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shindragon posted:

I wish it would SAVE Platinum. It's a drat crime that their games don't sell. :mad:

I'm not sure Platinum needs saving, considering they're averaging like 2 games a year and still are perfectly fine. They must have the best possible budgeting team in the world.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
A small teaser of tonight's shitstorm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Boy, the graphics for Avatar look a lot more realistic than I remember them. Good job James Cameron.