Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Crafty posted:

I'm in the UK now (please keep up). It releases on Friday here.

I'm a fellow Brit that preordered the White Xbone with Sunset Overdrive yesterday. I'll look you up later. (Though if anyone else in interested, gamertag is Alex Evil Twin )

I'm mainly a PC gamer, but enjoy playing consoles too. I figured that when I did get a "next gen" console it would probably be the PS4... but while most of the multiplatform games look better on PS4 than Xbone, those multiplatform games tend to be on PC as well.

So for me Xbone has won due to the exclusives. Specifically Sunset Overdrive and D4. (Big Swery fan due to Deadly Premonition.) And Quantum Break, though that's a whole year away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Yeah sounds like SO is a bit better than Infamous then.

Plus you get multiplayer on SO, i don't think there was any multi in Infamous

nah, its fun dont get me wrong, but it lacks pace. everything feels a touch too sludgy and disconnected. it also just lacks impact, the guns are fun, but they lack punch in how they feel when you use them. that combined with the terrible humor puts SS above it for me. first light is even better. it just feels really slow and lacks flow once you've been used to flying around as a neon blur :shrug:

dont reallllly care about multiplayer in this type of game sorry. also dont like that people feel the need to have multiplayer in every game as a plus even if they never play it. id rather that time be spent polishing the single player honestly.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

infamous desperately needed multiplayer :/

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Organs posted:

infamous desperately needed multiplayer :/

What.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It did, it was called Saints Row IV.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
2-3 hours into SO and I don't think the humor is cringeworthy (but also not hilarious). I also don't read Reddit or GAF so maybe all these jokes are internet jokes that everybody else has heard.

Like I thought what I played of BL2 was fine because I didn't understand like a single internet joke reference. I was like "Bonerfarts sure is a weird name, dude" while everybody else was dying inside.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

2-3 hours into SO and I don't think the humor is cringeworthy (but also not hilarious). I also don't read Reddit or GAF so maybe all these jokes are internet jokes that everybody else has heard.

Like I thought what I played of BL2 was fine because I didn't understand like a single internet joke reference. I was like "Bonerfarts sure is a weird name, dude" while everybody else was dying inside.

They are internet jokes that have been all over everywhere. A good chunk of them are old enough to the point of regular non internet dwellers understand them.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Crafty posted:

Yeah sounds like SO is a bit better than Infamous then.

Plus you get multiplayer on SO, i don't think there was any multi in Infamous

From his comments it sounds like SS is better than SO.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Soul Glo posted:

Bonerfarts was hilarious because he was getting frustrated that all his other names he came up with were already taken. Perhaps he should have called them XBonerfarts, or Bonerfarts One (The Third One).

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ghostwritingduck posted:

Microsoft actually seems to be turning things around with its bundles and sales after the release of Forza Horizons 2 and Sunset, and the promise of MCC. I'm interested to see how Sony will respond because their big guns aren't back until February.

They'll probably do nothing since none of the sales/bundles/new skus have kept it from outselling the Xbox over 2:1. They'll probably drop the price to $349.99 next spring though.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ghostwritingduck posted:

Microsoft actually seems to be turning things around with its bundles and sales after the release of Forza Horizons 2 and Sunset, and the promise of MCC. I'm interested to see how Sony will respond because their big guns aren't back until February.

Define turning things around. It's sales haven't enjoyed a jump despite the bundles. They gave away it's killer app pre goalpost being moved and that did gently caress all.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Same. That being a meme is news to me and overall that might have helped me enjoy it.

whoisjasonk
Jun 30, 2010

Ninja Editor
Fun Shoe

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I can see where he's coming from, I guess. But subjectively, while I played the poo poo out of inFamous 1 and loved every second of it, and played a whole lot of inFamous 2 and enjoyed it immensely, I didn't really enjoy Second Son very much at all. Never even finished it, while I did both good and bad playthroughs of both the first and second. I thought the powers were boring, the traversal was much less fun than the others, and the player character was a twat.

Currently, I'm having much more fun with Sunset Overdrive than I did with Second Son.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Sedisp posted:

Define turning things around. It's sales haven't enjoyed a jump despite the bundles. They gave away it's killer app pre goalpost being moved and that did gently caress all.

I think he was referring to the fact that they are doing things that will result in people buying their console more, and I doubt you'll see those results until they release the present quarters financials, which will be some time in mid February or late March.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Crafty can't acknowledge that though, let it go, it's all good.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
drat i was really hoping all 90 of the new posts were about dragon age and shitlords

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I do legit want to try Sunset Overdrive to compare it to Infamous. I have no friends with xbones though, and I don't think the bone has a share play equivalent :(

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Infamous SS was fun but a bit light on content, SO appears to have a little more meat on its bones. I really enjoyed first light, more than SS strangely enough.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

ghostwritingduck posted:

The Bone has been available at $350 at various times with free games since the beginning of the year, even with exclusive games, and it still hasn't outsold the PS4. Last month the PS4 bundle with a non exclusive game outsold the Bone 3:1.

The Sega Saturn style fire sale isn't being too helpful. Titanfall had way more hype than SO did as well.

And MCC doesn't have a bundle.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

And MCC doesn't have a bundle.

Japan's getting one. :v:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

univbee posted:

Japan's getting one. :v:

What. Why?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The U.S. isn't the only country where the Xbox needs a shot in the arm. Especially since the Vita TV is outselling it in Japan now.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

The U.S. isn't the only country where the Xbox needs a shot in the arm. Especially since the Vita TV is outselling it in Japan now.

795 Vita TVs to 613 Xbox Ones. It made it laugh seeing that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All those shut-in manchildren (only people in Japan who care about xbox) only have to make one trip to the store/door/top of the stairs at their parents house making it a much more attractive proposition.

Halo 5 will get a bundle including a reversible master chief/cortana body pillow cover and then it's checkmate sony :cool:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I thought Halo wasn't very popular in Japan but I am probably wrong.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Neither is xbox but that hasn't stopped them trying, so why should halo be any different?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

echronorian posted:

I thought Halo wasn't very popular in Japan but I am probably wrong.

Halo Reach has a Japan LTD of 53,126 copies sold, for what that's worth.

They've been dubbing them all since Halo 1, though, which is surprising since they're not doing it for Spanish territories, where it would probably sell more than 53,126 copies.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

univbee posted:

Halo Reach has a Japan LTD of 53,126 copies sold, for what that's worth.

They've been dubbing them all since Halo 1, though, which is surprising since they're not doing it for Spanish territories, where it would probably sell more than 53,126 copies.

Is it surprising? I imagine all the old white guys running microsoft sitting in a back room laughing and saying "but Mexicans don't have any money"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

echronorian posted:

Is it surprising? I imagine all the old white guys running microsoft sitting in a back room laughing and saying "but Mexicans don't have any money"

Well, apparently they'd previously done a really phoned-in dub that was meant to cover Latin America and Europe, even though their Spanish is quite different and most games have two separate Spanish versions to account for this, and was such a shitshow they would have had to redo it and were like "gently caress that" but then took it a step further and apparently it won't even have a text-only translation, just straight up "learn English you're in 'murrica" to people living in Mexico and Spain.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

echronorian posted:

lol

also laughing at crafty trying to argue with stux over a game he played and rrrreveiwed

koolkal fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 29, 2014

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bobtista posted:

All those shut-in manchildren (only people in Japan

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

echronorian posted:

"Also those squinty asian eyes couldn't possibly see in full 1080p anyway"

We've figured out the reasoning behind trying to conquer the asian market

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Bobtista posted:

"Also those squinty asian eyes couldn't possibly see in full 1080p anyway"

We've figured out the reasoning behind trying to conquer the asian market

It's the same reasoning they use when they try to enter any market where they can't conceivably compete:

"We have too much money, let's try to (make a smartphone) _ (make a portable music player) _ (make a tablet) _ (make a game console)."

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

your evil twin posted:

I'm a fellow Brit that preordered the White Xbone with Sunset Overdrive yesterday. I'll look you up later. (Though if anyone else in interested, gamertag is Alex Evil Twin )

Welcome to the gang! :dance:

Stux posted:

nah, its fun dont get me wrong,

This is HUGE. For Stux to admit a MS exclusive game is fun is real progress for him, it's worth more than a hat full of 10/10 reviews. SO must be unbelievably good, I'm really excited now.

whoisjasonk posted:

Currently, I'm having much more fun with Sunset Overdrive than I did with Second Son.

Well there it is. I trust this whoisjasonk a million times more than I trust renowned games forums liar Stux. To be honest I doubt Stux has played either.

Thank god we got that settled.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I popped into a local games store and they had maybe 1 copy left of any particular PS4 game while they had a stack of at least 10 Sunset Overdrives sitting around :laugh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Alabaster White posted:

I popped into a local games store and they had maybe 1 copy left of any particular PS4 game while they had a stack of at least 10 Sunset Overdrives sitting around :laugh:

they keep games behind the counter unless you live in the 1950's. Though I do have a very interesting anecdote of my own.

I went to my local game stores and was shocked to find there was a line up right out the door,

i said to the fellow at the end of the line "whats going on here guv, I want to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle"

He replied "you can't get in at the moment, it's one in one out"

I said " what the devil, why is that?"

He said " people returning their Driveclub Bundles"

I said "that's odd, though I did see something very similar on my facebook wall the other day"

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It was more fun laughing about Xbox when it was about Microsoft being inept but now it's just typical console warrior stuff and kinda boring. Xbox has good games and a great price point and I look forward to playing games with Crafty.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Crafty posted:

they keep games behind the counter unless you live in the 1950's. Though I do have a very interesting anecdote of my own.

It WAS behind the counter in a glass case. I could probably go take a picture right now to show you :v:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Alabaster White posted:

It WAS behind the counter in a glass case. I could probably go take a picture right now to show you :v:

Are you sure that you weren't confused? The PS4 literally only has one game available for it, they weren't all sold out.

echronorian posted:

It was more fun laughing about Xbox when it was about Microsoft being inept but now it's just typical console warrior stuff and kinda boring. Xbox has good games and a great price point and I look forward to playing games with Crafty.

It's getting closer all the time :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
JFC all the new Halo remastered cutscenes look AMAZING

Cant wait to watch them all on youtube

• Locked thread