Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

"A boy whose soul was switched with his little sister's, he became used to living his sister's life and decided to become the real Sophie"

What. The. gently caress. :staredog:

"I just play it for the repetitive gameplay that rewards spending real money on a game that's just a constant cycle of the same gameplay unlock cards and make them eat other cards to do the same thing forever with no end goal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DUNGEONy is currently free. I thought I remembered it being mentioned in one of the previous threads, but I'm not sure...

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Cingulate posted:

Any recommendations for games to play together with a partner like you'd watch a series or movie?

I've just played through Day of the Tentacle and Broken Sword 1&2 with my girlfriend. Tried Walking Dead, but the first thing you do is shoot a zombie in the face, and turns out my girlfriend is not the kind of person who enjoys shooting zombies in the face.
Monkey Island would be perfect, only I've played it like 3 times by myself already. It mustn't necessarily be adventures, but something very much like Broken Sword would probably work.

You don't do a lot of killing in TWD iirc. Like, it does happen, yeah, but it's definitely story driven.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

DUNGEONy is currently free. I thought I remembered it being mentioned in one of the previous threads, but I'm not sure...

I downloaded it. It seems... Alright. It is very very basic and RNG dependent. The only stats you got are attack, defense, and hp. Every 100 xp you gain you get 1 attack. You gain hp and defense though items. Battles are a simple click on enemy and hope you don't miss. There is a stamina bar and the more you move through a floor, the more tired you become. Being tired makes you miss more often. So most the strategy is being able to clear a path to the exit before becoming too tired.

It is worth trying out for rogue like fans but I'm pretty glad I didn't pay for the game. I don't really see myself playing it much longer.

Edit: and I beat it with the very easy character. Harder character just start with less bombs/health/keys. That not really enough to make me want to play it again.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 28, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

"I just play it for the repetitive gameplay that rewards spending real money on a game that's just a constant cycle of the same gameplay unlock cards and make them eat other cards to do the same thing forever with no end goal"

Excuse me but the soccer battles themselves are a pretty fun and interesting mix of ATB and tactics.

Also engrish.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

What is the best premium tower defense game? Or the best tower defense experience I can have for $5 if I must buy IAPs but will get the best game? Five dolla for some good TD sounds about fair to me.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
No seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BadAstronaut posted:

What is the best premium tower defense game? Or the best tower defense experience I can have for $5 if I must buy IAPs but will get the best game? Five dolla for some good TD sounds about fair to me.

I spent the most time on the Sentinel series.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SynthOrange posted:

Excuse me but the soccer battles themselves are a pretty fun and interesting mix of ATB and tactics.

Also engrish.

You're weird as hell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

No seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you.

The game is a horrible trap because it starts out silly enough then you start evolving characters then suddenly all their clothes are gone. :smith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

The game is a horrible trap because it starts out silly enough then you start evolving characters then suddenly all their clothes are gone. :smith:

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

BadAstronaut posted:

The Kingdom Rush games are loving fantastic. I also like The Creeps and the Anomaly series (shut up, they count). I know there are several dozen other good ones amongst the hundreds of dogshit terrible ones but I'm blanking right now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

BadAstronaut posted:

Kingdom Rush all day. Either the first one or the second one is good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SynthOrange posted:

Also engrish.

I'd be surprised if that was a mistranslation, given the crowd that style carters to. :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Geez, this Monster Strike game hands out stones like friggin' candy; I've barely even done anything and I'm already up to 100 stones.

SynthOrange posted:

you start evolving characters then suddenly all their clothes are gone. :smith:

Requesting that the Soccer Spirits thread title be renamed to this. :v:

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

BadAstronaut posted:

Defender Chronicles 2 is still excellent though the developer's vanished.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is anyone playing the spider man unlimited runner that's out from gameloft right now? I looked for a thread but didn't see anything. If anyone wants to add me, my gamecenter ID is "Hi Im Emron"

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Also engrish.

Right but there's no challenge so the depth of the gameplay is irrelevant, and any challenge is because you haven't spent enough funbux? It's all grind.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The pvp and Colosseum fights get pretty hard, and the simple ones you can just skip by hitting auto. Before I knew it I was in too deep. :smith:

In other news a new wh40k game is out. Anyone tried it yet?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SynthOrange posted:

:stare: I'm interested. Drive faster, UPS delivery man.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

SynthOrange posted:

I've played a handful of missions and I'm cautiously optimistic about Space Wolf.

The combat plays out like a combination of Card Hunter and XCOM, and seems like it has genuine depth. Lots of ways you can noodle on deck building and playing out turns to min/max your damage and risk. Feels as nerdalicious as any of their tabletop games and like it will be fun to explore the edges of.

Also, the F2P elements seem inoffensive. There's no energy mechanic, no timers to skip, and no obvious hard gates. The main places to spend I've seen so far are in acquiring more cards for your deck. It's hard to tell at this early stage but I feel like it falls somewhere around Hearthstone in terms of freebie cards versus urge to buy and hope for Legendary rarity. Also the difficulty could suddenly start brick walling you unless you either painfully grind up or spend audacious amounts on cards.

My complaints are actually all ones where it doesn't do mobile game staples to make me hungry to play it. It has no Daily Whatever mechanic to make me launch it every day (even Hearthstone has that). The fights are actually relatively long, a lot of times I've put the phone down mid fight and picked it up again later (you can resume fights). As an example, the last mission I did was longer than my bus journey to work, which is a big "game time!" for me. I'm worried about how long the content will hold out, because I've had little variance in enemies yet, and there's no obvious Event system which would imply they intend to have a rolling treadmill of authored content.

All of the above combines into something that feels like a great game system, with sympathetic F2P, but without the hooks that make me hungry to launch it. I say if the idea of 40k XCOM sounds alright to you then it's Free and dig in.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Motherfucker looks functionally identical to Metal Gear Acid and that is in no way a bad thing.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

The pvp and Colosseum fights get pretty hard, and the simple ones you can just skip by hitting auto. Before I knew it I was in too deep. :smith:

I got hopeful when I was allowed to download it on my device but it doesn't work on my ipod 5 after all. Game just tells you it ain't compatible :smithicide:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Det_no posted:

I got hopeful when I was allowed to download it on my device but it doesn't work on my ipod 5 after all. Game just tells you it ain't compatible :smithicide:

Hey, everyone, look. We've found the one guy in the world who still has an iPod Touch.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Hey organ trail is on sale for a buck.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Space Wolf also does not work on iPad 2 if anyone was wondering.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
Is there a thread for Battleheart: Legacy? I looked for one, but turned up no results. I'm rocking a Ninja/Thief build as I saw recommended, but the game seems a little grindy. I'm okay with that as long as that's how it's designed, but I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

There is definitely a dead zone in between the low level dungeons and the high level dungeons. You'll just have to grind, unfortunately. The "Secret Cave" is pretty good for this and can have some good gear as well.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Today I am the rear end in a top hat who comes in to the thread with a new iphone. Looking for some fun games in the vein of:

Tower Defense
On my android I enjoyed elements TD
Endless Runner
I like Punch Quest but i'm getting bored of it
Click-then-wait
I liked tiny death star on my android but i can't seem to find it on ios
Two-player pass-the-phone [or two-player simultaneous]
For cooperative time wasting

Oh, and a robotron clone.
I'm stoked that crimsonland is on ios and i'm definitely getting that, but since i've beaten it on PC maybe there are others i should try?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 29, 2014

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

MissMarple posted:

My complaints are actually all ones where it doesn't do mobile game staples to make me hungry to play it. It has no Daily Whatever mechanic to make me launch it every day (even Hearthstone has that). The fights are actually relatively long, a lot of times I've put the phone down mid fight and picked it up again later (you can resume fights). As an example, the last mission I did was longer than my bus journey to work, which is a big "game time!" for me. I'm worried about how long the content will hold out, because I've had little variance in enemies yet, and there's no obvious Event system which would imply they intend to have a rolling treadmill of authored content.

I realize that these don't fit into your lifestyle and I'm sorry you can't enjoy the game because of it but all of these things are Really Good Things and not detractors in any way. Also the only f2p games with good rolling treadmills of authored content are high budget desktop PC games like Marvel Heroes or that robot shooty game by DE.

noirstronaut posted:

Hey, everyone, look. We've found the one guy in the world who still has an iPod Touch.

The man who agonizes over his weather app should be the last man to call someone out on their device choice.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Click-then-wait
I liked tiny death star on my android but i can't seem to find it on ios

This is because Disney pulled it off all the app stores.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

.Z. posted:

This is because Disney pulled it off all the app stores.

If it wasn't all about the theme for you Tiny Tower Vegas is a much better "game" than Tiny Death Star.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nah, tiny tower is super boring i just liked collecting star wars crap.

Do you mean to tell me they didn't license it? Or did they have the license until disney bought star wars?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
:ssh: you're talking to one of the devs of Tiny Tower

Disney did license it, they just decided one day to stop supporting it or something and made it disappear. There may be more to the story but that's how it seemed to go down in this thread, even the Nimblebros seemed a bit surprised.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Don't mean to burn you, it's just a boring genre. Still, I wouldn't be looking for it if there weren't some appeal to the concept. I played a lot of tiny tower on my old android and i'm pretty much set for it, I just found the sci fi paintjob charming.

It's nice having something to do if you have like, 10-45 seconds to spare - it's a valid niche. FWIW, you guys are pretty much the kings of this particular genre.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 29, 2014

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

:ssh: you're talking to one of the devs of Tiny Tower

He made a bad game, he should be informed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

He made a bad game, he should be informed.

People post about it every time the software is mentioned, so I'm pretty sure they're aware of what goons think about it.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Ignite Memories posted:

Don't mean to burn you, it's just a boring genre. Still, I wouldn't be looking for it if there weren't some appeal to the concept. I played a lot of tiny tower on my old android and i'm pretty much set for it, I just found the sci fi paintjob charming.

It's nice having something to do if you have like, 10-45 seconds to spare - it's a valid niche. FWIW, you guys are pretty much the kings of this particular genre.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, honest.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

eeenmachine posted:

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, honest.

I'm super impressed the "lmao we made loads of money don't give a gently caress," was that subtle. The Mafia or a cartel makes loads of money too and yet they are shameful terrible groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Indie game developer compared to organized crime, things I never thought I would read on the internet.