Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The game will end with Sam, mad with power, deconstructing the whole world and rebuilding it in his image.

Which will turn out to be exactly as it is now, except with him promoted to full pig-boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Dolash posted:

The game will end with Sam, mad with power, deconstructing the whole world and rebuilding it in his image.

Wangs. Everywhere.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Wangs. Everywhere.
Stephen King's The Wangoliers :science:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Wrap-Up: Cutopia

Before we head to Spookane for Halloween, we'll wrap up Cutopia. As we do.

heee

I guess the Duchess isn't so bad if she likes to splash around in the fountain with her knight.

While we're here, let's turn in our collected armor pieces. This one gets us more Mana, always useful.

Happies!

Simoleons! My favorite!

He gives us Mana instead, and that's all the armor pieces we currently have.

Back here next to Spencer's gate, there is a Thing.

Ooh! Let's go turn these flowers in to Poppy, while we're here.

She gives us Cherry Blossoms, because we don't have nine million of those already.

Happy Essences...

Sam goes uh-huh, uh-huh, I see, and is rewarded with more Cherry Blossoms.

More Happy Essences.

Mana!

More Happy Essences for Sam. This is going to be the weirdest bouquet ever.

That's all we have for her right now, so let's go finish some of these outstanding Scrolls. After a whole bunch of mining:

: Oh, this stuff looks so cool!

Sam gets an adorable clawfoot Bathtub printed with fishies, a bathroom Cabinet, a Curtained Window, and some Bathroom Paints.

So much fishing for stupid Sunfish, and...

: Oh, this stuff looks so cool!

Sam gets a pretty rose-covered Bower, a White Door, a Western Window with a pretty windowbox attached, Trellises in both Floral and regular, some Leaves which are probably meant to be a splat of climbing ivy, a Brown Vase which is totally an urn, and some Floral Paints.

Sam then goes and chops down some trees.

: Great! You've collected all the Essences needed for the Fit for a King Scroll!

Sam gets a Royal Mirror, some Crown Bookends, a Mounted Crown, a Royal Bed, a Knight's Chair, a Knight's Dining Table, a Knight's End Table, a King's Chair, a Royal Sofa, some Castle Roof Blue Shingles Paint, some Castle Stone Paint, and some Castle Floor Paint. Basically, picture stuff that is shiny gold and crimson and shaped like crowns wherever possible, and you've got the gist of it.

What else can we loot around here?

You are just going to have to take my word for it that that glowing blob is the Gauntlet of Righteousness. Back to Spencer!

And he gives us Star Essences.

Oh, man, Sam fished up a Vic Vector figure. Vic is gonna be stoked.

Mining nets us a figure of a... nice... old lady named Grandma Ruthie.

The fourth weed in Cutopia's terrible weeding chain nets us a figure of Lyndsay to go along with our Buddy figure!

Moving on: fashion show!

The brown plaid hat and the green hiking outfit are from Poppy, who has a unique sense of what is manly.

The frightening baby-blue tailcoat with heart accents is from Daniel, who also has a unique sense of what is manly.

The King gave us the two musketeer suits and also a spare set of Marlon's wizard robes. At least, I hope they were a spare set. :ohdear:

Let's go turn in our other quest items!

: Ocean.

: Omigosh! How did you guess?

: Buddy, it was 'ocean' the last seven times you said 'O'.

Yup.

: It looks like the artist really captured his personality well. In my professional opinion, I'd guess it'll be a classic in a few years. Hold on to that one, dude.

Vic showers us in Happy Essences.

: That old lady makes some killer cookies. My favorite flavor is SuperGamer Toffee Crunch! It's really weird, I feel lie it was marketed directly at me. I love games AND delicious toffee!

Simoleons for that.

: I guess when you're the assistant of the only new Wandolier in decades, you're bound to get some amount of fame, huh?

Electrobits for Lyndsay! Which is probably exactly what will happen, since they're Mana fodder by now.

: ... AWESOME!!!

Vic is so happy that we get a ton of Mana!

On to Barney's place.

I don't even know, but it nets us Happy Essences.

: One time, I was lost at sea. I looked to the east--there was nothing but water. The west--nothing but water. The south was nothing but the same.

:ohdear:

: However, to the brilliant north was a pack of sea turtles who carried me to dry land. I owe them my life!

That is the best story, and it gets us the best prize: Mana.

what... but... I don't... oh anyway our prize is Musical Notes.

Join us next time as we head to Spookane!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I didn't belive that, but it's actually true. Wikipedia puts the amount between 21,000 and 26,000 and that's not even counting hybrids, of which there are hundreds of thousands. Also vanilla is an orchid as well.

Orchidfacts!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I guess that explains his cat-who-ate-the-canary grin.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Man, good thing none of the armour we're after is BoP or Spencer would be totally out of luck.

(That's 'Bind on Equip' and 'Bind on Pickup' for the non-MMO players. Bound equipment can't be traded. :ssh:)

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Those Musketeer outfits are surprisingly awesome. Yay!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I can't help but notice that Violet is much less happy about being paired up with Daniel than Daniel is about being with her.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Ghostwoods posted:

Those Musketeer outfits are surprisingly awesome. Yay!

Unfortunately none of if is as awesome as the evil sorceress outfit female protagonists get. Once I got that outfit I never took it off. If someone who has access to the game could post a screenshot of that outfit it'd be swell.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

I can't help but notice that Violet is much less happy about being paired up with Daniel than Daniel is about being with her.

She's Violet. Being less happy than everyone else is sort of her thing.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I vote that sam wears his swanky new wizard robes for the next island! It's only appropriate to dress up in costume for halloween after all!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ousire posted:

I vote that sam wears his swanky new wizard robes for the next island! It's only appropriate to dress up in costume for halloween after all!

Did somebody say trick or treeeeeeeeeat?

I miss Sam talking.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

dijon du jour posted:

Unfortunately none of if is as awesome as the evil sorceress outfit female protagonists get. Once I got that outfit I never took it off. If someone who has access to the game could post a screenshot of that outfit it'd be swell.

Sam does get a pretty good no-I'm-a-warlock-really outfit once we get to Spookane! But you're right, it's not the evil sorceress. :allears:

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Oh gently caress offfff they did

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Did what exactly? Besides make RPG jokes.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The root word of "sinister" means left. I think in at least one or two languages it still does.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Sinister meant lefthanded I believe in Latin.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Dr. Buttass posted:

The root word of "sinister" means left. I think in at least one or two languages it still does.

Sinistro means left in italian. I'm kind of surprised they didn't name the right one the boot of destruction. Destro means right for more context there,

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

And it's not the last time that the developers will laugh up their sleeves at the oblivious nine-year-olds that were the target audience for this game! :haw:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 60: 2Spoopy4U

After a quick change of clothes, Sam leads the parade to the boat. We're off!

To Spookane!

: Oh, Buddy. Spookane is just a name. I'm sure it's a very nice place.

: No way! It sounds like it's full of ghosts and zombies and hummingbirds!

: Well, maybe, I guess it could-- ... wait, hummingbirds?!

: They're vicious predators! You gotta watch out for 'em, pal! They strike without warning!

: ... I don't even know what to say to that.

Speaking as someone who has a hummingbird feeder on the front porch: Buddy is completely correct. Those little fuckers will divebomb you like nobody's business.

Anyway! Shortly thereafter we land in Spookane.

: You ready for this, Buddy?

Pause.

: Buddy?

: Allergic to GHOSTS?! That doesn't even make sense!

: Don't make fun of my medical condition!!

Sam goes over and makes an effort to cheer Buddy up. After a bit, it works.

: Alright, Sam. For you, I'll try to be brave.

Aww.

: You can count on your ol' pal, Buddy! Let's go!

Buddy leads the way down the dock, but...

:allears:

: Guys, this is Goth Boy. He was just about to welcome us to this new land.

Pause.

Lyndsay turns to Goth Boy.

: Why do you call this 'Nowhere', Goth Boy?

: Because there's nothing good here. At all. You might as well get back on your little boat and go back on your pointless journey.

Oh, I like you. :allears:

Goth Boy glooms off to be gloomy somewhere else. Lyndsay glares after him.

: What?! 'Pointless?!' That guy needs some serious cheering up. Sam, maybe if you talk to him you can get him to open up a little?

Well, we can only try. Goth Boy is standing outside his house, alternately sobbing, sighing, and slumping. Somehow Sam resists the urge to tug on Goth Boy's eyebrow ring and strikes up a conversation instead.

Poetry cures depression, right?

Sam reads Goth Boy a poem. Goth Boy seems to like it, cheering in a glum sort of way.

... I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Goth Boy would prefer bats.

Sam pulls out a bag full of bats and throws them into the air. This works well! ... where did he get those?

Hooray! Do you like haiku, Goth Boy?

Nope.

Sam again tries to show off how awesome his own poetry is, but Goth Boy is no longer having any of that. He refuses to talk to Sam further, exploding in Sad Essences.

Sam tries talking about the hopelessness of Sim existence.

In a strange, backwards sort of way, that's... a success? Sam talks to Goth Boy about misery, which seems appropriate, and Goth Boy starts paying attention again.

More bats are thrown. I guess Sam just carries a couple of bags full of bats around at all times.

So, is it villanelles you like?

Nope!

Well, fine, if you're going to be that way, Sam is going to discuss Roland's quest at you!!

Take that! Yeah, I'll just bet you're bored again.

In an attempt to make Goth Boy stop being bored, Sam shows off. Goth Boy is saddened by this vulgar display.

... okay, fine, you got me. Life is meaningless. You happy now?

I guess so!

So Goth Boy doesn't like Sam's poems. Read me one of yours, Goth Boy.

Goth Boy complies. Sam cheers, and...

Hooray!

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: What does Goth Boy have to say for himself? And did his mother actually name him 'Goth Boy'? Does he even have a mother? Maybe he was birthed by poetry.

---

Video: Forcing Goth Boy To Socialize
Bags full of bats!

Unfortunately there's a nasty sound glitch in the raw footage of the opening movie, so no videos of that. Boooo.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Someday someone will want to discuss Roland's Quest...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

LordHippoman posted:

Someday someone will want to discuss Roland's Quest...

Spencer thought it was cool and awesome

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If Spookane doesn't contain a Thriller-esque dance sequence I'll be highly disappointed.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I was working on a halloween costume for Sam, but this month has been a crazy time crunch.

So have a 25% finished model acting possessed.

Yay Goth Boy! It's good to see you back and not in a chicken suit!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

SystemLogoff posted:

I was working on a halloween costume for Sam, but this month has been a crazy time crunch.

So have a 25% finished model acting possessed.

Yay Goth Boy! It's good to see you back and not in a chicken suit!

PFFT oh man possessed_Sam is the best thing. :newlol:

Can I put him in the OP? Where he belongs?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Picayune posted:

PFFT oh man possessed_Sam is the best thing. :newlol:

Can I put him in the OP? Where he belongs?

Go for it. I made it for someone to have a laugh and I'm glad you did.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Holy crap.

I uploaded Sam to lpix before putting him in the second post, and lpix generated this thumbnail image:

He really is possessed! Run away!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Iä! Iä! Sam Fhtagn!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 61: The Biting Of Faces

Now that Goth Boy's been convinced to talk, he has a fairly lengthy conversation with Sam. Eventually Buddy and Lyndsay join us.

: Yeah, pal! We're on a special quest for King Roland.

: Fine. But quest or not, life is just darkness and despair.

: Says who?

: Well, you're wrong! Life is a great adventure! And... and it's full of friends and new opportunities!

Goth Boy will not be having with that.

Morcubus, you say :ohdear:

: Find that book, and you'll find out what life is all about.

: Neat! I want to learn the meaning of life!

: Alright, Goth Boy, you're on! We'll go to that evil castle and find the ancient book! Are you in?

: Sure. I'd love to see the look on your face when you find out life is pointless.

I still like you. :allears:

But just then!

Morcubus' laugh is evil indeed.

Meanwhile:

: Just follow me...

no, screw you, not dealing with Morcubus again, leaving now

oh, who am I kidding

We follow Goth Boy inland.

However, it seems that the bridge is currently blocked.

: What the--?!

Whoever she is, she's having a good time.

: Just let us get through, already!

Yuki is no longer listening.

: You're cute!

Ultimatum delivered, Yuki goes back to blocking the bridge.

: Pay the toll and you may pass. If you don't... bites on the face!!!

We go off to huddle and confer.

: You think EVERYONE'S nice!

: I think you're mean, sometimes.

oh BUDDY BURN

Lyndsay sighs, then rallies.

: Look, in order to get through, we need to hunt down all the shiny things we can.

: Let's collect all the shinies we can. Sam can place blocks to climb up to the hard-to-reach ones.

: She's still someone who needs our help, Goth Boy.

For a... given value of 'needs', I guess.

: Fine, whatever! Helping people is such a waste of time! Let's just do it quickly!

Sam heads into the ruined castle and starts looking around. There's one!

Which is good, because she needs fifteen of the damned things.

The ruined castle is a cramped combination of wimpy platforming and extensive building.

Building and repairing stairs...

Adding walkways...

Until finally we have fifteen random shiny things.

Also, dead eyeball trees. :allears:

Once the trees have been harvested of their grotesque fruit Sam waters them, making them green and lively once more. Is this... wrong? Will Goth Boy be angry?

Nope.

We do so, and she gives us an outfit! This I have to see.

Yeah, Sam will wear that.

And now Yuki is willing to let us cross the bridge and enter... the swamp.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: The swamp! Full of g-g-ghosts! And zombies! ... some of whom are actually quite nice.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I love Yuki :allears:

This is also a good island for Goth Boy pointing out that our video game logic (and our faces) are stupid. And yet we're going to solve everyone's pointless tasks anyway.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If there isn't a scene where Sam barges in on Morcubus showering like in that scene from Psycho I'll be deeply disappointed.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Picayune posted:

: Alright, Goth Boy, you're on! We'll go to that evil castle and find the ancient book! Are you in?

Surely not the ... gasp ... Morcunomicon?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Yeah I don't care that she's a face-munching vampire. She's adorable.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Huh, I didn't know that Morcubus was in this game. Well, he's nowhere near as dangerous as a 'wizard' than he was as a company owner.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It really looks like he's flipping the bird with both hands here. The thumbnail just makes it worse.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Picayune posted:

: Fine. But quest or not, life is just darkness and despair.

: Says who?

Pictured: the reason why I chose not to get an MFA.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ultrafilter posted:

It really looks like he's flipping the bird with both hands here. The thumbnail just makes it worse.

I think you mean better?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Buddy delivering even a slight burn is all the more impactful because of how rare it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

ultrafilter posted:

I will never be able to unsee that now. Thanks! :haw:

• Locked thread