Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Actually the Democrats and Republicans are the same, as evidenced by Thomas Jefferson.

If that is the case, then I should just vote for the candidate that appears to be the most qualified, regardless of their political affiliation, right?

Wait, no, that can't be right...

lurker1981 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Actually the Democrats and Republicans are the same

At this point, anybody who genuinely believes this (I'm guessing you don't, I'm just speaking in general) is literally worse than lurker1981 would be if he weren't a blatant troll.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drudge has always cared about the blacks. :downs:

Pope Guilty posted:

SilentD, is that you?

lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Conservative Journalism

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Conservative Journalism

Never cry shitwolf.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's pretty clear that the only reason that talented conservative journalists like Ben Shapiro aren't running the NYT and ABC News is because of systematic liberal bias.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Found out context of the tweet: a report was released stating someone in Obama admin called Benjamin Netanyahu "a chickenshit leader"

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

FMguru posted:

It's pretty clear that the only reason that talented conservative journalists like Ben Shapiro aren't running the NYT and ABC News is because of systematic liberal bias.

There could be a video of Israel gassing babies, and Ben would criticize Obama for not supporting them.

It really doesn't matter with that kid.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Found out context of the tweet: a report was released stating someone in Obama admin called Benjamin Netanyahu "a chickenshit leader"

Hey, finally some positive news from the Obama administration :unsmith:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, NASA rocket just blew up on launch, prepare for Obama blaming.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Never cry shitwolf.

If you're literally Ben Shapiro, what else can you cry?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

Welp, NASA rocket just blew up on launch, prepare for Obama blaming.

They do know that is a privately developed rocket, right? "Free Market"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

With engines bought from Russia no less.

You think this will matter somehow.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

With engines bought from Russia no less.

You think this will matter somehow.

The Castor series is US developed, if I recall correctly. Made by Thiokol.

E: Oops, thats second stage.

Yep, first stage is NK-33 Russian. Ironically, this is probably some of our last stockpiled Russian motors, as Russia has said they will no longer supply motors over the Ukraine crisis.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 29, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

The Castor series is US developed, if I recall correctly. Made by Thiokol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK-33 That's the first stage engine. Castor 30 is the second stage.

Orbital is working on their own first stage I think.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK-33 That's the first stage engine. Castor 30 is the second stage.

Orbital is working on their own first stage I think.

Obviously the Commies sabatoged it! :jeb:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The unmanned rocket carried supplies for the ISS. The evening launch from Virginia was to have been visible to millions on the East Coast and many media outlets hyped the viewing today to their readers.

ISS

ISS?

ISIS?

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 29, 2014

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The one on the right is literally Miami, Florida.

This is clearly bullshit. All the signs in that cartoon are in English.

Also Miami ain't that bad.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Well, it was...

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

FMguru posted:

Conservatives: supporting the leader of another country over their own (Muslim Marxist Islamofaggot) President. :911:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

CommieGIR posted:

Well, of course. The "Free Market" response to anything going wrong is "Lie, cheat, steal and blame it on the government." It's so much cheaper and more effective than actually taking responsibility and doing everything properly in the first place. At least according to these heavily biased research papers we bought.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I was out with friends this evening when someone texted me about the accident. After being relieved it was unmanned, I thought it would be funny to see how the right-wing media would spin the disaster of this glorious Free Market space exploration endeavor. Turns out they still just blame it on the government.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Conservative Journalism

:commissar:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

I was out with friends this evening when someone texted me about the accident. After being relieved it was unmanned, I thought it would be funny to see how the right-wing media would spin the disaster of this glorious Free Market space exploration endeavor. Turns out they still just blame it on the government.Obama

Fixed that for you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Matt Taibbi is leaving First Look Media (which some people predicted). Not sure what thread to talk about that in.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Not enough gun stores

My enduring memory of my first trip to L.A. was that all of the landmarks look just like the postcards and photos...however juuuuust out of frame of those postcards and photos is and endless block of liquor and gun stores.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

So, what's the deal with discussing liberal media moguls? Is it or is it not allowed in the thread?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Sir Tonk posted:

Drudge has always cared about the blacks. :downs:

lol

I read this sexually, as a BDSM thing. It was weird.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tab8715 posted:

So, what's the deal with discussing liberal media moguls? Is it or is it not allowed in the thread?

Go ahead. We've already had Maher and Moore derails.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Tab8715 posted:

I would guess that one could derive the answer from the thread title. Adding content that doesn't involve right wing media kind of makes the thread suck because then people just argue about whether someone can technically be the "Rush Limbaugh of the Left". You can see that play out in the thread over and over and over and over.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Ok,

I sort of get the flak that Maher's getting for his stance on Islam but I'm not so sure regarding Harris.

Harris's position - from what I understand - is there's a double-standard when it comes to Christianity and Islam in the United States and it's a big problem when a large portion of your religious followers feels that it's acceptable to kill non-believers, violence against women, etc...

Why the Harris hate?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Tab8715 posted:

Ok,

I sort of get the flak that Maher's getting for his stance on Islam but I'm not so sure regarding Harris.

Harris's position - from what I understand - is there's a double-standard when it comes to Christianity and Islam in the United States and it's a big problem when a large portion of your religious followers feels that it's acceptable to kill non-believers, violence against women, etc...

Why the Harris hate?

Because that "large portion" isn't actually a large portion.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah sure, when it comes to double standards regarding Christians and Muslims in America the problem is that Muslims aren't put upon enough, and their tiny sliver of the American population has pernicious belief systems that are SO MUCH SCARIER than the rest of America that it needs to be addressed asap. Sounds legit.

If Christians or whoever else wants to open up the "double standards" can of worms regarding how their religion is treated against other people's in America I say go right ahead. I would love it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 29, 2014

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Matt Taibbi is leaving First Look Media (which some people predicted). Not sure what thread to talk about that in.
WTF? He hasn't even launched Racket yet. Guy's gotten loving loopy since he got married,I swear.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If Christians or whoever else wants to open up the "double standards" can of worms regarding how their religion is treated against other people's in America I say go right ahead. I would love it.

They already do, and nobody who matters calls them out on it.

Imagine I posted one of those millions of 'they allow muslims in school... but won't allow teachers to force classrooms to pray for Jesus?!?!?!?!?!?!' JPEG nightmares.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ReindeerF posted:

WTF? He hasn't even launched Racket yet. Guy's gotten loving loopy since he got married,I swear.
It seems the billionaire funder/backer behind Racket started changing the "vision" of the site and walking back some of the promises made to Taibbi about the site's focus and editorial oversight.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Tab8715 posted:

Ok,

Why the Harris hate?

Simply because in Liberal circles the conflict with the Muslim world is 100% due to Imperialism and thus suggesting there might be additional ideological differences at the core of those societies that lead to conflict is the ultimate form of heresy. It only sounds like Harris is disproportionately focused on Islam, simply because that is the only thing he seems to make the news for, leading to all sorts of deliberate bullshit being hurled his direction, and his inevitable response.

Semi-related, I do feel there is a certain amount of irony in that right-wing conservatives in America and your average Muslim from a place like Saudi Arabia would likely agree on a great deal in terms of social values.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Mehuyael posted:

They already do, and nobody who matters calls them out on it.

Imagine I posted one of those millions of 'they allow muslims in school... but won't allow teachers to force classrooms to pray for Jesus?!?!?!?!?!?!' JPEG nightmares.

Funny you should mention those, I just de-friended a guy who shared this unironically with the caption "Talk about double standards..."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah sure, when it comes to double standards regarding Christians and Muslims in America the problem is that Muslims aren't put upon enough, and their tiny sliver of the American population has pernicious belief systems that are SO MUCH SCARIER than the rest of America that it needs to be addressed asap. Sounds legit.

To be fair, he talks about Islam in a global context, not just Muslims in America. Not going to defend his arguments beyond that, but you're presenting a false premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tab8715 posted:

he and others insist that violent acts of Muslims are inherited from Islam, a fundamentally violent religion, where they less frequently if ever say that violent acts of Christians are inherited from Christianity, a fundamentally violent religion

quote:

HARRIS: There are a bunch of poll results that we can talk about. To give you one point of contact: 78% of British Muslims think that the Danish cartoonist should have been prosecuted. 78%. So, I'm being conservative when I roll this back to 20%. But outside of that circle you have conservative Muslims who can honestly look at ISIS and say that does not represent us, we're horrified by that but they hold views about human rights, and about women, and about homosexuals that are deeply troubling. So, these are not Islamists, they are not jihadists, but they often keep women and homosexuals immiserated in these cultures and we have to empower the true reformers in the Muslim world to change it. And lying about doctrine and this behavior is not going to do that...

oh no, they repress women and homosexuals for religious reasons! surely that would never happen in america :ohdear:

e: haha i found his hilarious butthurt article where he whines about being called out for being a bigot

quote:

The most controversial thing I said was: “We have to be able to criticize bad ideas, and Islam is the Mother lode of bad ideas.” This statement has been met with countless charges of “bigotry” and “racism” online and in the media. But imagine that the year is 1970, and I said: “Communism is the Mother lode of bad ideas.” How reasonable would it be to attack me as a “racist” or as someone who harbors an irrational hatred of Russians, Ukrainians, Chinese, etc. This is precisely the situation I am in. My criticism of Islam is a criticism of beliefs and their consequences—but my fellow liberals reflexively view it as an expression of intolerance toward people.

no loving poo poo?! saying an entire religion is nothing but bad ideas comes across as bigoted? harris is too full of himself as a poor prosecuted intellectual roasted by the political correctness police to realize that he comes across as an idiot here

quote:

Although I clearly stated that I wasn’t claiming that all Muslims adhere to the dogmas I was criticizing; distinguished between jihadists, Islamists, conservatives, and the rest of the Muslim community; and explicitly exempted hundreds of millions of Muslims who don’t take the doctrines about blasphemy, apostasy, jihad, and martyrdom seriously, Affleck and Kristof both insisted that I was disparaging all Muslims as a group.

"i'm not saying that they're all bad, i'm just saying that their religion has some fundamentally awful tenets and the ones who don't follow those tenets are good" is both offensive and can be applied to every religion ever, so why pick on islam? oh because it keeps the cameras pointed at him and the paid guest appearances coming

quote:

After the show, a few things became clear about Affleck’s and Kristof’s views. Rather than trust poll results and the testimony of jihadists and Islamists, they trust the feeling that they get from the dozens of Muslims they have known personally. As a method of gauging Muslim opinion worldwide, this preference is obviously crazy.

haha what a tool

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 29, 2014