Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One hell of a rapey Race Wars podcast got posted today Hashtag Vince Champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but has this happened to anyone else? Every time I sync my phone, it puts an extra copy of Comedy Bang Bang on there and says "Not Subscribed." No idea how to fix this. Anyone?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The podcast app is hella wonky. Might have something to do with latest ios update. I'd just delete it and reinstall to see if it fixes anything. Take a screenshot beforehand or whatever to save your subscriptions in case it decides to forget them when you download it again.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I guess Lou doesn't post in here anymore, he had a new ep drop a few weeks back: Tales of Mean Customers from AskReddit.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

People seem to think Graham Elwood is funny on that live episode of The Todd Glass Show. Even Todd and James. I don't get it. I guess there's just something about Elwood that makes it impossible for me to find anything he says or does funny.

That jazz singer character holy poo poo. I can't even imagine something less funny.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I've started a podcast of my own, Podcasts Are Wonderful, where every week I get a big celebrity (actually one of my children) to come on and tell me about their life and work and then listen to a podcast and talk about it with me. The format is sort of similar to Go Bayside! or It's That Episode. Early reports indicate that it is a good show, but I wanted to make sure I had sound quality nailed down as well as I could before trying to tell everyone in the world about it.

Episode 1: "Will Smith" and I talk about Comedy Bang Bang episode 150. Sound quality is listenable but not great, but there are some pretty funny bits in there.
Episode 2: "Katy Perry" and I talk about Go Bayside! episode 25. Again, pre-new microphone/figuring out good compression settings, so sound is a little rougher.
Episode 3: Live from the LA podcast festival (with a very obedient audience willing to stop cheering the moment I ask them to) featuring "President Obama" and "Queen Elizabeth".
Episode 4: "Gordon Ramsay" comes on to talk about Reality Show Show episode 6. This is the first episode where I think I have the audio quality about as good as I can possibly get it without building a home studio or whatever, and it's also just a really funny show.
Episode 5: "A Vampire" and "A Werewolf" join me to discuss The X Files Files episode 22, which one of them bothered to listen to.

Next week is going to be The Todd Glass Show episode 30 (Juice Genie!) and I have a few more episodes already planned out, but if you want me to do a podcast you like, send me an email at podcastsarewonderful@gmail.com or let me know in the thread. I don't care about swearing but I'd prefer nothing too raunchy because of the nature of my guests.
If you give it a try, thanks for your time!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Greggy's a good dad and has apparently taught his children the basics of UCB Improv.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Greggy is a wonderful human being who makes a wonderful podcast about how wonderful podcasts are.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Greggy podcast is wonderful. :h:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Do an episode of My Brother, My Brother and Me. They can get raunchy at times but I'd love to hear some reactions to the list of warrior cat names from the episode "Bramblepelt"

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

People seem to think Graham Elwood is funny on that live episode of The Todd Glass Show. Even Todd and James. I don't get it. I guess there's just something about Elwood that makes it impossible for me to find anything he says or does funny.

That jazz singer character holy poo poo. I can't even imagine something less funny.

You're not alone. His shtick is basically "that kid in grade school that tried way too hard to be the class clown" all grown up. Just unbearable in everything, every time he's on screen in Super High Me I just cringed.

Also, the editor of Cracked.com was on Sklarbro County and dropped a fark reference within 15 minutes, I didn't expect anything less.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Greggy posted:

I've started a podcast of my own, Podcasts Are Wonderful, where every week I get a big celebrity (actually one of my children) to come on and tell me about their life and work and then listen to a podcast and talk about it with me. The format is sort of similar to Go Bayside! or It's That Episode. Early reports indicate that it is a good show, but I wanted to make sure I had sound quality nailed down as well as I could before trying to tell everyone in the world about it.

Episode 1: "Will Smith" and I talk about Comedy Bang Bang episode 150. Sound quality is listenable but not great, but there are some pretty funny bits in there.
Episode 2: "Katy Perry" and I talk about Go Bayside! episode 25. Again, pre-new microphone/figuring out good compression settings, so sound is a little rougher.
Episode 3: Live from the LA podcast festival (with a very obedient audience willing to stop cheering the moment I ask them to) featuring "President Obama" and "Queen Elizabeth".
Episode 4: "Gordon Ramsay" comes on to talk about Reality Show Show episode 6. This is the first episode where I think I have the audio quality about as good as I can possibly get it without building a home studio or whatever, and it's also just a really funny show.
Episode 5: "A Vampire" and "A Werewolf" join me to discuss The X Files Files episode 22, which one of them bothered to listen to.

Next week is going to be The Todd Glass Show episode 30 (Juice Genie!) and I have a few more episodes already planned out, but if you want me to do a podcast you like, send me an email at podcastsarewonderful@gmail.com or let me know in the thread. I don't care about swearing but I'd prefer nothing too raunchy because of the nature of my guests.

Can you do an Uhh Yeah Dude?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
wrong thread

Binowru fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 30, 2014

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The Duke posted:

Do an episode of My Brother, My Brother and Me. They can get raunchy at times but I'd love to hear some reactions to the list of warrior cat names from the episode "Bramblepelt"

Crankit posted:

Can you do an Uhh Yeah Dude?

These are both definitely on the docket. Should be able to fit MBMBAM in pretty soon, but UYD will be a little bit because of a runner I have going. I do have an UYD episode in mind already though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Greggy, since the holidays are coming up you should do an episode of Feliz Navipod, Tony Thaxton's Christmas Podcast.

Also, the episode of Star Wars Minute where the discuss the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Or this Xmas themed episode of Improvised Star Trek: http://www.theimprovisedstartrek.com/2013/12/episode-78-santa-got-run-over-by.html?m=1
Now I may be biased because they used my suggestion but I enjoyed it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Greggy posted:

When I first read this I thought 'I can't tell if this is an elaborate bit or what' and then I listened and oh my god you're the best. Like you and yours may be legitimately a little nuts, but it's in the real good way so you're cool.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I guess Lou doesn't post in here anymore, he had a new ep drop a few weeks back: Tales of Mean Customers from AskReddit.

I still post I just spaced since I was in Korea working when I posted that. Thanks for looking out!

Editing the next episode now. I hope people were wondering about how to score H in the Tenderloin...

King Lou fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 30, 2014

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Hey podcast review/discusso guy do you also do TV shows?

Anyway I also recommend Greg Proops The Smartest Man In The World and No Such Thing As a Fish.

What's your "studio" and recording gear like?

King Lou posted:

I still post I just spaced since I was in Korea working when I posted that. Thanks for looking out!

Editing the next episode now. I hope people were wondering about how to score H in the Tenderloin...

And I have the same question for you about what your recording space and gear are like.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Crankit posted:

Hey podcast review/discusso guy do you also do TV shows?

Anyway I also recommend Greg Proops The Smartest Man In The World and No Such Thing As a Fish.

What's your "studio" and recording gear like?

Do you have any episode recommendations for those? I'm not as familiar with them.
So far as my "studio" goes, I record at my computer desk in the family room if the house is quiet or in my son's bedroom with my wife's laptop on a card table if it's noisy. I bought this microphone from Amazon after a little bit of research, and I just edit it in Audacity. The first two episodes were recorded on an 8 year old desktop Logitech mic.

Also Fezz, I saved your suggestions, thanks!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If you want to know about podcasting gear, Dave Shumka has a video for you:

http://daveshumka.tumblr.com/post/100720459121/stop-podcasting-yourself-studio-the-asmr-tour

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Greggy posted:

Do you have any episode recommendations for those? I'm not as familiar with them.
So far as my "studio" goes, I record at my computer desk in the family room if the house is quiet or in my son's bedroom with my wife's laptop on a card table if it's noisy. I bought this microphone from Amazon after a little bit of research, and I just edit it in Audacity. The first two episodes were recorded on an 8 year old desktop Logitech mic.

With the NSTAAF podcast, it's a bit like QI just a bunch of random stuff so pick one it doesn't matter, with Greg Proops make sure you listen to one in front of a live audience, they're fairly consistent in quality, i don't have any particular faves.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crankit posted:

With the NSTAAF podcast, it's a bit like QI just a bunch of random stuff so pick one it doesn't matter, with Greg Proops make sure you listen to one in front of a live audience, they're fairly consistent in quality, i don't have any particular faves.

My first Proopscast was one without an audience, and as a result, the rest of them have felt slightly weird. (It's good stuff -- not arguing that.)

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Greggy posted:

this is a Good rear end Podcast and gets the coveted Toby Keith Sweat Seal of Approval.

Great Job!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man Greggy I would love to hear your kids reactions to early WTR episodes but I can't imagine subjecting your children (and celebrity guests) to that. The hobotang story sounds like it would be gold with your kids.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Greggy posted:

It's old but my favorite "Smartest Man…" is "Ships" from October 2011. It seems to be one of the best examples of Greg being able to speak about almost anything.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Greggy posted:

Your show is great. I've only listened to a few episodes, but I have a technical question. How do you get a precocious child to sit and listen to an hour+ long podcast then have them record one right after? I mean, I guess the answer is your kids are pretty cool, but still, that's a lot of patience to ask of a little boy/girl

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Your show is great. I've only listened to a few episodes, but I have a technical question. How do you get a precocious child to sit and listen to an hour+ long podcast then have them record one right after? I mean, I guess the answer is your kids are pretty cool, but still, that's a lot of patience to ask of a little boy/girl

Probably they are a little older than they sound? My son is 10 and daughter is 12. They listen to the podcasts while they do their chores usually and then we do the podcast later. My son is all over the place during the recording, and a lot of that gets edited out, but usually once or twice an episode you can hear me complaining about him running to the other room for some reason.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Greggy posted:

"The Rube" episode of the The Dollop podcast is my suggestion.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Greggy posted:

Probably they are a little older than they sound? My son is 10 and daughter is 12. They listen to the podcasts while they do their chores usually and then we do the podcast later. My son is all over the place during the recording, and a lot of that gets edited out, but usually once or twice an episode you can hear me complaining about him running to the other room for some reason.

Yeah I guess they sounded younger to me. Fun podcast, keep it up!

Piquai Souban posted:

"The Rube" episode of the The Dollop podcast is my suggestion.

Seconding this.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Podcasts Are Wonderful #6: "Bill Gates" and I talk about sleepovers, water parks, and The Todd Glass Show episode 30 (Juice Genie).
I suggested doing like Adam Sandler or Johnny Depp or something but he really wanted Bill Gates for some reason.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's a pretty good Todd Glass episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Greggy posted:

Podcasts Are Wonderful #6: "Bill Gates" and I talk about sleepovers, water parks, and The Todd Glass Show episode 30 (Juice Genie).
I suggested doing like Adam Sandler or Johnny Depp or something but he really wanted Bill Gates for some reason.

He got a lot of good mileage out of Dollar Bill House-made-of-gates.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Nathan For You did show us the value of a good Bill Gates impersonation.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

A new episode of Lou Reads the Internet for YOU! has arrived. I hope you enjoy learning about how to score heroin in the Tenderloin.

http://loureads.com/2014/11/04/lou-reads-ep129-revisits-the-forums-of-opiophile-com/

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

King Lou posted:

A new episode of Lou Reads the Internet for YOU! has arrived. I hope you enjoy learning about how to score heroin in the Tenderloin.

http://loureads.com/2014/11/04/lou-reads-ep129-revisits-the-forums-of-opiophile-com/

I can't wait to start laughing uncontrollably on the bus again!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

The new Hound Tall w/ Moshe Kasher (#3) was pretty great. It's a new podcast and for those who don't know, he brings in two other comedians and an expert to talk about the subject that person is an expert in. There's only been three episodes but he's pulling in some great comedians and it's been pretty good. This new one has been the best so far—it's on "Death" w/ crematory operator, "Ask a Mortician" creator and recent author of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (pretty good book too) Caitlin Doughty, along with Kumail Nanjiani and Chelsea Peretti. Not for the faint of heart or easily offended though, as there are some pretty graphic stories told by Caitlin (most of which were in her book so I knew what was coming), and made more graphic by Kumail, Chelsea and Moshe.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, well, this is a nice thing. The newest Race Wars podcast isn't a typical episode, but a stand-up special of Kurt Metzger, Sherrod Small, Hannibal Buress, Dave Attell, Artie Lange, and a few others! That's a pretty good thing!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Oh, well, this is a nice thing. The newest Race Wars podcast isn't a typical episode, but a stand-up special of Kurt Metzger, Sherrod Small, Hannibal Buress, Dave Attell, Artie Lange, and a few others! That's a pretty good thing!

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this board, but I really dig Race Wars. I saw a standup special from Metzger and surprisingly it pretty good. I've never heard Sherrod on anything else, but Hannibal, Attell, and Artie are great. Speaking of Artie, has he said anything else about his new podcast?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ariza posted:

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this board, but I really dig Race Wars. I saw a standup special from Metzger and surprisingly it pretty good. I've never heard Sherrod on anything else, but Hannibal, Attell, and Artie are great. Speaking of Artie, has he said anything else about his new podcast?

I don't know if it's calculated or not, but Artie's gotten his name in the news the last few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ariza posted:

Speaking of Artie, has he said anything else about his new podcast?

Idiot's gonna charge for it. Per episode.

• Locked thread