Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
it's sd_doomsday_event, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
Opened TF2, had a cauldron gift drop, opened it up.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If you check out the workshop items accepted in the game you can see the new ones now.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

CraigK posted:

ugh i want my money back valve

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

CraigK posted:

is there a death pit???

this is very important to me

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

Holy poo poo the bumper cars at the end are INCREDIBLE

Seriously get on doomsday_event right now and see this for yourself, it's excellent.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
If the max head fails, the economy fails.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zero! posted:

Opened TF2, had a cauldron gift drop, opened it up.

Mine's better. I got a Strange Haunted version.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Holy poo poo the Medic Dog costume and the Sniper Were Kangaroo got in.

Edit: Tiny Texan confirmed!

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I got a Strange Haunted item!...for the heavy, my least played class :(

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

So once a regular round of Doomsday is complete, you get one of several cart based mini-games. They run with a Smash-esque damage system where you can ram and use special cart spells to hit enemy karters, increasing your damage %, which makes you fly further and off the map. Dying in kart game turns you into a ghost and you can respawn on touching a living karter of your team colour.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Transmogrifiers don't work on 2014 items and that's extremely bullshit since I got those ugly medic bird wings as my haunted strange.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is everything still friggin halloween only? i want to know if i should bother with this event.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

is everything still friggin halloween only? i want to know if i should bother with this event.

Why do you care so much about the items, the main purpose of the event is to.. have fun? :confused:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

God I wish I could wear this stuff year-round

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Beep boop, I got a goon server running the new map if you want in. :toot:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Can't say I like the majority of the halloween items compared to last year.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
There's a kangaroo sniper soooooo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I got a really cool vampire medic jacket, and it's strange and haunted, along with the fake wings to go with my bird head. Also I got the beep man! I'm pretty much set for this halloween.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Did old-man Scout get in, tell me it did. Lie if you have to.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

CraigK posted:

Ha! I loving knew it! Now I have something really stupid to take pride in!

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 30, 2014

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

I better be getting more Big Head Mode this year. Don't disappoint me Valve. That is all.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
There's 2, maybe 3 items I like or want this year, and I got none of them. The explosion head for demoman is amusing, and it does look good at least.

I crafted a macho man from my refined metal so there's an upside. The cart's turn too quick for me to get used to yet, but I'm gonna play a tonne of this map I think. I hope we get tradable versions of the items soon enough, I wanna be a beepbot.

Disappointed we didn't get the zombie shambling taunt, I would have paid actual money for that.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Jewel posted:

Why do you care so much about the items, the main purpose of the event is to.. have fun? :confused:

because i like cool items and i don't like having cool items i can't use?

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

GameboyHero posted:

Beep boop, I got a goon server running the new map if you want in. :toot:
So go figure, something is crashing my server today. Doesn't straight up kill it but it stops it for a good 15-20 seconds. I think I fixed it but I'm not sure. I'll see what's up later tonight since it doesn't die during the minigames.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Paul MaudDib posted:

I better be getting more Big Head Mode this year. Don't disappoint me Valve. That is all.

There's melee only mode where everyone gets shrunk with a big head, except the melee weapons are still full size and getting hit swats you into the air.

Also underwater mode.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One Swell Foop posted:

There's melee only mode where everyone gets shrunk with a big head, except the melee weapons are still full size and getting hit swats you into the air.

Also underwater mode.

There's a full on big head mode too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Too spooky, for me.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I feel like I need a beep boy to go with my beep my and my pip boy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I got a really cool vampire medic jacket, and it's strange and haunted

same.......................

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I've got both Dr. Acula items in strange haunted.

Better make sure my Medic kills really count!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Someone trade me the skeleton demo head for my really bad Halloween hats

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Cool, I scored a Strange Haunted Ghost of Spy's Checkered Past. It counts carnival kills, carnival underworld kills and carnival games won. Guess I can switch it out with last years Haunted Dead Little Buddy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The L4D Hunter set for the Scout is probably the best costume set of the year, I hope it has added voice lines.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Whenever Valve servers reload the new map, it sends everyone in Civilian mode, and if the map is completed in this state the server crashes. Great.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

Popped open my cauldron and found:

along with the spy Dr. Facilier hat and the Lil' Dutchman. I scoped out the matching parts in the store for the soldier set and the facemask with the whited out eyes is p spooky! Looking forward to getting the skeleton king demo set so I can cosplay as drunk scottish HHH whenever it pleases me.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

The bumper cars use smash bros logic for damage / knockback force :v:

also they are selling haloween crates in the mann co store

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
I got The Reptiloid, the iron fist, and the facepeeler.

I don't know the tf2 economy. So for all i now I got a poo poo lot. Still, I will most likely just trade them in to TF2 warehouse.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Curses, not-tradable flag! My arch nemesis, we meet again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

When the big head spell hour starts all the minisentries people drop kill like half the team before they can move. Spooky.

• Locked thread