Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Someone expressing their opinion on video game fishing? Better call them an 'imp zone troll' as if imp zone posters are terrible people for outing a pedophile.

Dirty Falcon confirmed for supporter of kiddiefucking apologists. Save us the meltdown and report yourself you loving retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

...is wholly focused on trying and (failing) to get anyone geared for PVE content...

This game has PVE content? What is the content of this game, anyway? As an outsider whose only exposure is this thread and the character creator, I got the impression that game was about making as much money as possible. But never heard what you do with the money.

PVE? PVP? Pretty princess? What? All I've seen is that you use the money to kill people and take their money. And you're a sucker if you do that, since the best way to make money is to hack and cheat. And if I wanted to do that, I'd do it in real life. At least EVE has the stupid political crap.

Why do you people play this game? I think you're all crazy.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Well maybe he's not a kiddiefucker apologist but it'd be funny if that ended up being the case.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Hey Kimsemus, I know its not my place to say this as I'm not even a west goon, but do you think you'd have more fun in archeage as an actual pirate?

I'm not saying you're wrong about anything, it just feels like you'd honestly have alot more fun as a full-on pirate and free to pillage and kill whoever you want.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Well maybe he's not a kiddiefucker apologist but it'd be funny if that ended up being the case.

At best he seems to think that imp zone are trolls rather than a group of people who outed a pedophile.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Roflan posted:

This game has PVE content? What is the content of this game, anyway? As an outsider whose only exposure is this thread and the character creator, I got the impression that game was about making as much money as possible. But never heard what you do with the money.

PVE? PVP? Pretty princess? What? All I've seen is that you use the money to kill people and take their money. And you're a sucker if you do that, since the best way to make money is to hack and cheat. And if I wanted to do that, I'd do it in real life. At least EVE has the stupid political crap.

Why do you people play this game? I think you're all crazy.

It has pretty good PVE content if you're into that and you can play wilderness Harvest Moon if you want.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

At best he seems to think that imp zone are trolls rather than a group of people who outed a pedophile.

Are these the same people who think that we are really angry and not them since uhhh we can still post here?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Listen guys if we roll in and take everyone's fish we won't be allowed to slowly and painstakingly do it ourselves and

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Are these the same people who think that we are really angry and not them since uhhh we can still post here?

Pretty safe bet that he is a part of that group.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Widestancer posted:

Was it imp zone that did the outing? Good job then. For what its worth(not much) I was calling Kim specifically a bad troll.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
itt a bunch of people goons take a video game way too seriously

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Fact is, pirating isn't pirating without Kimsemus. He made that poo poo fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

Fact is, pirating isn't pirating without Kimsemus. He made that poo poo fun.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I really don't understand what the problem is here. Fishing is currently the best way in the game to get gold if you don't own land. Gold you then use to buy gear so you can do better than get two shot while PvPing in this PvP game. Is it really so hard to understand why people don't want others to gently caress this up for the majority of us who don't own more than an 8x8?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
The only person playing this game right seems to be the hacker goon

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
something something rat race inflation economy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DirtyFalcon posted:

Was it imp zone that did the outing? Good job then. For what its worth(not much) I was calling Kim specifically a bad troll.

Everyone here should shake hands and whip it out and nod respectfully and have fun playing video games :3:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Widestancer posted:

Everyone here should shake hands and whip it out and nod respectfully and have fun playing video games :3:

This isn't a thread about Shovel Knight

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey guys, nobody is saying you aren't allowed to fish. You just need to be ready to defend yourselves now rather than just dieing at the first sign of resistance.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Carol Pizzamom posted:

This isn't a thread about Shovel Knight

Well it drat well should be that game is loving awesome

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Widestancer posted:

Well it drat well should be that game is loving awesome

I'd pay a lot of money for a new unicode standard that lets you transmit wavy and shaky text

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

rizzen posted:

I really don't understand what the problem is here. Fishing is currently the best way in the game to get gold if you don't own land. Gold you then use to buy gear so you can do better than get two shot while PvPing in this PvP game. Is it really so hard to understand why people don't want others to gently caress this up for the majority of us who don't own more than an 8x8?

If the PvP in this game was more than a ping contest to see who gets the first CC off they might have more of an argument. Ask me about macroing my CCs in 1v1 arena so I have a rats chance at getting the first one off to do my dial-a-combo before the other dude does his dial-a-combo.

Oh and the idea of breaking up someone's combo using a CC breaker is a pretty big crock considering you just advance to the next CC phase of your combo and continue on. One just may wait a bit longer to attack after the last CC to wait for cooldowns to come back up.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 30, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Extra posted:

If the PvP in this game was more than a ping contest to see who gets the first CC off they might have more of an argument. Ask me about macroing my CCs in 1v1 arena so I have a rats chance at getting the first one off to do my dial-a-combo before the other dude does his dial-a-combo.

This isn't Skullgirls, though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey guys, nobody is saying you aren't allowed to fish. You just need to be ready to defend yourselves now rather than just dieing at the first sign of resistance.

People need to be killed. If everyone gets lots of gold, it devalues your own. You only know hw rich you are by how poor your neighbors are. Ron Paul 2012

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
A neat build for 1v1 arena that trips most people up is a plate dreambreaker with illustrious lake, hasla shield, and a nice 1H scepter with lots of +magic attack. Pick all CC and mitigation spells/talents and then just spam enervate -> earthen grip (e: while running away/spamming CCs) off of every CD and you'll win 99% of arena fights because no one will be able to out sustain you. Said build is also decent for pirating because it has bubble the patron skill of piracy. That said you'll find more magic users on the high seas so a backup set of cloth gear may be in order.

A good guide (I kinda like taking Conversion Shield rather than Thwart because CS really fucks up casters in the rare event you find one)

90% of arenas are faceroll melees or stone arrows / primevals who think they can chip you to death. The joke being on them because you can spam Teleport -> Enervate -> Earthen Grip far faster than they can use their kiting abilities. Also Invincibility is a useful tool to delay people's combo a good 12 seconds so you can then enervate and earthen grip them again.

Also I played 1v1 arenas for a good several hours one night and didn't face a single magic damage player, they're insanely unpopular in 1v1 arena.

QT also runs around with a pretty rad Soothsayer build especially since he can poop on all the Darkrunners who have 0 sustainability.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 30, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Extra posted:

A neat build for 1v1 arena that trips most people up is a plate dreambreaker with illustrious lake, hasla shield, and a nice 1H scepter with lots of +magic attack. Pick all CC and mitigation spells/talents and then just spam enervate -> earthen grip (e: while running away/spamming CCs) off of every CD and you'll win 99% of arena fights because no one will be able to out sustain you. Said build is also decent for pirating because it has bubble the patron skill of piracy. That said you'll find more magic users on the high seas so a backup set of cloth gear may be in order.

A good guide (I kinda like taking Conversion Shield rather than Thwart because CS really fucks up casters in the rare event you find one)

90% of arenas are faceroll melees or stone arrows / primevals who think they can chip you to death. The joke being on them because you can spam Teleport -> Enervate -> Earthen Grip far faster than they can use their kiting abilities. Also Invincibility is a useful tool to delay people's combo a good 12 seconds so you can then enervate and earthen grip them again.

Also I played 1v1 arenas for a good several hours one night and didn't face a single magic damage player, they're insanely unpopular in 1v1 arena.

QT also runs around with a pretty rad Soothsayer build especially since he can poop on all the Darkrunners who have 0 sustainability.

Might give this a try. Been running and around as an Abolisher and being basically un-killable.
I switch out thwart and cs all the time, both have their uses.

There isn't a hasla sceptor is there?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i started playing archeage but i heard u gotta pay real money or u cant buy plots of land with fake money? c/d

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
You have to be a patron (subscriber) to have a plot of land, but that's purchasable with in-game money (and is kept fairly cheap thanks to identity thieves).

Bigger problem is that there's no land available.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
tutorial told me to set up a scarecrow in a public space and game told me i had to pay USD for it

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
It's purchasable with USD or APEX which is available on the auction house.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'd like to play this so I have a couple of questions

Do you have to get a EU or US client to be able to play with everyone here?
Who do I speak to in game to join a guild that won't put me on some sort of register for life?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
When we say goons are generally undergeared, do we mean they have green/blue GHA and hasla, or worse than that?

Because I only have Green/blue GHA (5 loving wasted armor scrolls on chest), and perform acceptably in pvp when not facing down people who RMT'd or had their guilds funnel gold straight to them.

If goons in general don't even have that, well you're going to need some insane luck in Auroria.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Umbreon posted:

Hey Kimsemus, I know its not my place to say this as I'm not even a west goon, but do you think you'd have more fun in archeage as an actual pirate?

I'm not saying you're wrong about anything, it just feels like you'd honestly have alot more fun as a full-on pirate and free to pillage and kill whoever you want.

Stop that, nobody wants him pooping up growlgate.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Stop that, none of the pirates want him.

Well for starters, he's probably well over 16 years old.

e: nice edit.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Deki posted:

Well for starters, he's probably well over 16 years old.

:vince:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Deki posted:

When we say goons are generally undergeared, do we mean they have green/blue GHA and hasla, or worse than that?

Because I only have Green/blue GHA (5 loving wasted armor scrolls on chest), and perform acceptably in pvp when not facing down people who RMT'd or had their guilds funnel gold straight to them.

If goons in general don't even have that, well you're going to need some insane luck in Auroria.

I have 3 heroic and the rest blue GHA and I have no trouble killing people in PVP. Some goons just got butt hurt about getting wrecked by over geared people and now refuse to PVP until they have top gear(they'll quit out of boredom before they get it).

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I personally had a great time leading pirate content with one of the largest pirate fleets we've had in awhile, and we were able to have fun while respecting our fishing agreements 100%. Even though DBRB and others cried so much to Riyott he had to leave his IRL Friends and rush home to try and ban me on mumble, once everyone in the channel explained I, and the others did nothing wrong, he left satisfied that the pirates, once again, were on the right side of justice.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

I personally had a great time leading pirate content with one of the largest pirate fleets we've had in awhile, and we were able to have fun while respecting our fishing agreements 100%. Even though DBRB and others cried so much to Riyott he had to leave his IRL Friends and rush home to try and ban me on mumble, once everyone in the channel explained I, and the others did nothing wrong, he left satisfied that the pirates, once again, were on the right side of justice.

then what happened?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Hey Goon Squad, stop arguing and get more excited about this.

Turtledad posted:

This Saturday night our goon brothers and sisters from <Something Lawlful> would like to co-host a fun run. The route has yet to be determined in full but it will definitely be in the east, and most likely ending in Hasla. So grab your bag of cheetos, pull up your speedo's and get ready for a mad dash through furryland to show your naked skin superiority.

Starting off with a pot of 25g to the winner. We will be accepting donations to the pot and depending on the turnout and gold raised, we may be able to payout all involved.

Rules to make it semi-fair:
-No riding mounts
-No flying on gliders
-No gear (costumes accepted)
-No using abilities/passives/buffs you can do to make yourself go faster

That being said I fully expect you bastards to come up with ways to gently caress each other over and I'm looking forward to it. See you all at the races!

*participants must be of age to discourage pirate attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Deki posted:

Full Arcane GHA is like barely adequite. I have full Heroic GHA plate and a darkrunner with the Kraken spear 2 shot me.

• Locked thread